Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,136 members, 7,814,977 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:28 AM

Does The Bible Preach Racism? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Does The Bible Preach Racism? (3636 Views)

The Distorted Message Of Grace That We Preach / Why Don’t Nigerian Pastors Preach Contentment? *picture* / Should Women Be Allowed To Preach On The Altar Or To Become A Pastor? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Does The Bible Preach Racism? by F00028: 3:34pm On Nov 19, 2012
deols:
Once again,this is about the bible. You may want to start a thread on Islam and I wld meet you there

good idea
Re: Does The Bible Preach Racism? by Nobody: 3:36pm On Nov 19, 2012
atuagbo:
Are you saying no more Israel in the world?
THEY ARE IN THE WORLD. JUST NOT IN THE LAND OF ISRAEL. HOWEVER THEY WILL BE RETURNED TO THE LAND WHEN CHRIST RETURNS AND THOSE WHO ARE THERE NOW WILL BE REMOVED
Re: Does The Bible Preach Racism? by Nobody: 3:37pm On Nov 19, 2012
deols:

Well, I avnt always agreed wv maclatunji and his methods. Go and see the complaints thread and u will find that out.

Once again,this is about the bible. You may want to start a thread on Islam and I wld meet you there

It is a great lie to claim there is racism in Islam. With the hadith I quote earlier,uou can be sure of that.

It is good that you dont agree with maclatunji but it is not enough. You can see that from the reaction here as I am not the only one who has mentioned that a similar topic in the islamic section would be quickly banned. When I see a thread by a muslim condemning Maclatunji, I will start to believe that you guys dont like his style. The only person that I have seen complaining about Maclatunji is LagosShia but that was for Shia vs Sunni reasons.

There is stuff in the Quran about the Jews and also Jizya. I dont want to derail this thread.

Carry on grin
Re: Does The Bible Preach Racism? by Nobody: 3:48pm On Nov 19, 2012
F00028:

then show me. chapter and verse, pls.

Jizya

Fight those who believe not in Allah nor the Last Day, nor hold that forbidden which hath been forbidden by Allah and His Messenger, nor acknowledge the religion of Truth, (even if they are) of the People of the Book, until they pay the Jizya with willing submission, and feel themselves subdued. (9;29)

Great muslim nation
These are the verses of Allah . We recite them to you, [O Muhammad], in truth; and Allah wants no injustice to the worlds.
3:109

To Allah belongs whatever is in the heavens and whatever is on the earth. And to Allah will [all] matters be returned.
3:110

You are the best nation produced [as an example] for mankind. You enjoin what is right and forbid what is wrong and believe in Allah . If only the People of the Scripture had believed, it would have been better for them. Among them are believers, but most of them are defiantly disobedient.
3:111

They will not harm you except for [some] annoyance. And if they fight you, they will show you their backs; then they will not be aided.
3:112

They have been put under humiliation [by Allah ] wherever they are overtaken, except for a covenant from Allah and a rope from the Muslims. And they have drawn upon themselves anger from Allah and have been put under destitution. That is because they disbelieved in the verses of Allah and killed the prophets without right. That is because they disobeyed and [habitually] transgressed.
Re: Does The Bible Preach Racism? by deols(f): 4:27pm On Nov 19, 2012
You are getting it wrong man. Muslims are not a race. There are Muslimsvin evry race and that makes d verse u quoted wrong in ds regards...

How about starting ur thread on dat?
Re: Does The Bible Preach Racism? by advocate666: 4:32pm On Nov 19, 2012
deols: You are getting it wrong man. Muslims are not a race. There are Muslimsvin evry race and that makes d verse u quoted wrong in ds regards...

The problem with starting a thread like you said in your section is that it will get banned.
Re: Does The Bible Preach Racism? by F00028: 4:39pm On Nov 19, 2012
Logicboy03:
Jizya

Fight those who believe not....
i suspect you know better, but:
"those who believe not" and "people of the book" are not racial groupings.

Logicboy03:
You are the best nation...
"you" refers to "muslims" period. black, white, yellow, and brown.

3 Likes

Re: Does The Bible Preach Racism? by Nobody: 4:44pm On Nov 19, 2012
deols: You are getting it wrong man. Muslims are not a race. There are Muslimsvin evry race and that makes d verse u quoted wrong in ds regards...

Lol.....at the time of the revealing of the Quran, all muslims were Arabs.
Re: Does The Bible Preach Racism? by Nobody: 4:45pm On Nov 19, 2012
F00028:
i suspect you know better, but:
"those who believe not" and "people of the book" are not racial groupings.

"you" refers to "muslims" period. black, white, yellow, and brown.

The people of the book then were Jews and christians, who mostly Jews also

The muslims at that time were all Arabs
Re: Does The Bible Preach Racism? by wiegraf: 6:10pm On Nov 19, 2012
This is more a semi rant. When I see muslims here, I become a bigot. I can understand a few of you understand how freedom of speech works, but the very vast majority don't. So I tend to just assume I'm addressing a hypocrite. I mean, it's like trolling whenever y'all come over, except it's not as you seem to genuinely believe the situation is fair. Which is even worse. I'll try to stay calm, this isn't my forum after all. Freedom of speech, etc

To answer your op, I'm no xtian, I don't know. Just want to point out that all religions have an element of them vs us, even benign ones. They are meant to aid cooperation, they set up contracts for how to deal with your neighbor. For most people, if their neighbor hasn't signed up to the same code of laws they subscribe, they become mistrustful. This leads to some intolerance, and some go too far.

Like you guys. You're infamous for views on kaffirs for instance. Two wrongs don't make a right of course. The bible might be guilty of some racism and that is bad, period. But I hope you've not deluded yourself into somehow thinking you are superior. Intolerance of all sorts is bad, racist or otherwise. But somethings that's even worse is being banned from being able to discuss or highlight it.

I'll leave you alone....for now
Re: Does The Bible Preach Racism? by ParisLove2(f): 6:36pm On Nov 19, 2012
What's your definition of racism?
Re: Does The Bible Preach Racism? by deols(f): 7:19pm On Nov 19, 2012
wiegraf: This is more a semi rant. When I see muslims here, I become a bigot. I can understand a few of you understand how freedom of speech works, but the very vast majority don't. So I tend to just assume I'm addressing a hypocrite. I mean, it's like trolling whenever y'all come over, except it's not as you seem to genuinely believe the situation is fair. Which is even worse. I'll try to stay calm, this isn't my forum after all. Freedom of speech, etc

To answer your op, I'm no xtian, I don't know. Just want to point out that all religions have an element of them vs us, even benign ones. They are meant to aid cooperation, they set up contracts for how to deal with your neighbor. For most people, if their neighbor hasn't signed up to the same code of laws they subscribe, they become mistrustful. This leads to some intolerance, and some go too far.

Like you guys. You're infamous for views on kaffirs for instance. Two wrongs don't make a right of course. The bible might be guilty of some racism and that is bad, period. But I hope you've not deluded yourself into somehow thinking you are superior. Intolerance of all sorts is bad, racist or otherwise. But somethings that's even worse is being banned from being able to discuss or highlight it.

I'll leave you alone....for now

It is funny how you had to blab that much. Well, I can c from your post that you say yes to my question. That is enough for this thread.

1 Like

Re: Does The Bible Preach Racism? by deols(f): 7:25pm On Nov 19, 2012
Logicboy03:

Lol.....at the time of the revealing of the Quran, all muslims were Arabs.

A big lie.

Najash was an African(Ethiopian to be precise) king who became a muslim. Evwn though far away,Allah informed the prophet of his death and his janaza prayer said on absentia.

What many of you dont realise is,even right now they all speak arabic in very different dialects.

The Quran was in a very unique language and rhythm that the arabs of then needed the words interpreted for them. They were in tribes and very disunited without a common ruler. If racism was to be an Islamic thing,the Qurayshi would have been raised above others because the prophet was from that tribe and in fact, it was one of the most noble arabian tribes before Islam.

With the advent of Islam came the bond that has provided us the arab world of today.
Re: Does The Bible Preach Racism? by F00028: 7:25pm On Nov 19, 2012
Logicboy03:
i repeat, in islam "people of the book" is not a racial group. and far as islam is concerned race and lineage do not distinguish people.

Logicboy03:
"all" ? logicboy, you're either ignorant or you're a shameless liar.
Re: Does The Bible Preach Racism? by deols(f): 7:29pm On Nov 19, 2012
advocate666:

The problem with starting a thread like you said in your section is that it will get banned.

Why not give it a try. Don't follow the mob.

Ask all of those complaining about being banned and u'd realise many used abusive words.

On this thread u havent found me insult Jesus or any other thing Christian but many of the christians coming to the Muslim section have the intention of insulting Muslims and what we stand for.

If you all would change your ways,tjings might become different.
Re: Does The Bible Preach Racism? by Nobody: 7:34pm On Nov 19, 2012
deols:

Ask all of those complaining about being banned and u'd realise many used abusive words.

On this thread u havent found me insult Jesus or any other thing Christian but many of the christians coming to the Muslim section have the intention of insulting Muslims and what we stand for.

Oh really? Do you know that I just got banned again today? Feel free to point to my abusive words.

Keep defending fanatics
Re: Does The Bible Preach Racism? by Nobody: 7:36pm On Nov 19, 2012
deols:

Advocate666 was cautioned for joking on a thread. some minutes ago. Your lies for maclatunji aint working
Re: Does The Bible Preach Racism? by Nobody: 7:40pm On Nov 19, 2012
deols:

A big lie.

Najash was an African(Ethiopian to be precise) king who became a muslim. Evwn though far away,Allah informed the prophet of his death and his janaza prayer said on absentia.

What many of you dont realise is,even right now they all speak arabic in very different dialects.

The Quran was in a very unique language and rhythm that the arabs of then needed the words interpreted for them. They were in tribes and very disunited without a common ruler. If racism was to be an Islamic thing,the Qurayshi would have been raised above others because the prophet was from that tribe and in fact, it was one of the most noble arabian tribes before Islam.

With the advent of Islam came the bond that has provided us the arab world of today.

Why do you lie so much? Arab Muslims were immigrants to Ethopia. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Islam_in_Ethiopia#History

When the Quran was revealed to Muhammad, he had nothing to do with Africa. He convinced his people about his revelation. Who were his poeple? Arabs!

Try again
Re: Does The Bible Preach Racism? by Nobody: 7:42pm On Nov 19, 2012
F00028:
i repeat, in islam "people of the book" is not a racial group. and far as islam is concerned race and lineage do not distinguish people.

"all" ? logicboy, you're either ignorant or you're a shameless liar.

lol.....who were the people of the book? Jews and Christians made up of mainly Jews.

Even the quran talks about the descendants of Abraham. So it has to do with race. Do you thinK that I dont read the Quran?
Re: Does The Bible Preach Racism? by Delafruita(m): 7:50pm On Nov 19, 2012
Logicboy03:

there are no racist connotations in there. "mumin" in the quran always refers to muslims irrespective of colour."kafir" always refers to unbelievers irrespective of colour

1 Like

Re: Does The Bible Preach Racism? by Nobody: 8:18pm On Nov 19, 2012
Delafruita: there are no racist connotations in there. "mumin" in the quran always refers to muslims irrespective of colour."kafir" always refers to unbelievers irrespective of colour

Lmao.

1) I didnt mention unbelievers or Kaffir

2) The muslims at the time of revelation were all one colour

3)The people of the book were Jews and Christians.
Re: Does The Bible Preach Racism? by wiegraf: 8:35pm On Nov 19, 2012
deols:

It is funny how you had to blab that much. Well, I can c from your post that you say yes to my question. That is enough for this thread.

Of course it seems like blabbing if you're stoopid. Do you think islam's a$$ is clean because you use the word 'kaffir' rather than black, white, or non arab? Could you answer with a yes or no pls
Re: Does The Bible Preach Racism? by deols(f): 8:40pm On Nov 19, 2012
Logicboy03:

Advocate666 was cautioned for joking on a thread. some minutes ago. Your lies for maclatunji aint working

Why on earth would I lie for maclatunji?

You seem to do selective reading or is it selective understanding? I said to give a try and things might be different. Put might in quote.

Whatever problem you have with d moderation of the Muslim section has nothing to do wv me and actions of maclatunji are very personal. It has to do wv his personality and d power nairaland bestowed on him. Either face him or Seun..leave others out of it.
Re: Does The Bible Preach Racism? by deols(f): 8:47pm On Nov 19, 2012
Logicboy03:

Lmao.

1) I didnt mention unbelievers or Kaffir

2) The muslims at the time of revelation were all one colour

3)The people of the book were Jews and Christians.

They werent all of one colour Bilal bn rabba is a good example. He was black,a companion of the prophet and one of the best of Muslims.

Najash was an Ethiopian king. Ethiopia is an African country and their language isnt arabic(as that would av made them arab). Najash was a christian b4 reverting to Islam and he offered d Muslims assylum for sometime.
Re: Does The Bible Preach Racism? by deols(f): 8:51pm On Nov 19, 2012
wiegraf:

Of course it seems like blabbing if you're stoopid. Do you think islam's a$$ is clean because you use the word 'kaffir' rather than black, white, or non arab? Could you answer with a yes or no pls

Does whatever or whoever you take in high esteem teach you to respect others?. When you are ready to speak to me like a reasonable human being,I'd answer your question
Re: Does The Bible Preach Racism? by wiegraf: 8:51pm On Nov 19, 2012
Could you kindly answer me oh hypocritical one?
Re: Does The Bible Preach Racism? by deols(f): 8:56pm On Nov 19, 2012
Logicboy03:

lol.....who were the people of the book? Jews and Christians made up of mainly Jews.

Even the quran talks about the descendants of Abraham. So it has to do with race. Do you thinK that I dont read the Quran?

Not only the children of Abraham are mentioned but also the children of Adam and the son of Maryam.

None of these is mentioned in a context as to connote racism.

You cant possibly be giving these ridiculous 'proofs'. Am starting to like Abdulsleek better. He appeared smarter than this. Give up d argument already. Would you?
Re: Does The Bible Preach Racism? by F00028: 8:58pm On Nov 19, 2012
Logicboy03:
Do you thinK that I dont read the Quran?

am pretty sure you read about the Qur'an but you don't actually read the book itself. that's why you always get caught lying against it.
Re: Does The Bible Preach Racism? by Sweetnecta: 9:02pm On Nov 19, 2012
people need to ignore logicboy03 and all his monikers when treating serious topics. the fisherman thinks with his elbows, always.

if islam at the beginning was all arabs, i wonder how the poor and slaves were good portion of it, so much so that the wealthy and powerful among the makkans refused the religion just because they did not want to be brothers of the underclass thereby losing their influences and power?

there is no place in the Quran that God condemned a person or people except on faith, alone. the hadith of the messenger [sa] by deols is sufficient for anyone who uses his brain to realize that racism or anything installed by humans to stratify people is frowned upon and not acceptable.

and as to maclatunji, no one needs to force him to do anything against his will, his conscience. not everyone agrees with him. i am one of those. but i am not going to open a thread to as him to do anything because as i see it, the ownership of nl agrees with him. his action as moderator does not in my own opinion has no adverse effect on his islam.

islam is an advise towards good. when people lie against islam, how can muslim support a liar or his lie? and before the Quran spoke about the descendants of Abraham [arabs [islamic religion is being regarded as hagarite religion because of Hagar, the mother of Ishmael] and jews], it spoke about the descendants of Noah,to mean all of us because our second common father was Noah, while Adam was the first.

1 Like

Re: Does The Bible Preach Racism? by Nobody: 9:12pm On Nov 19, 2012
deols:

They werent all of one colour Bilal bn rabba is a good example. He was black,a companion of the prophet and one of the best of Muslims.

Najash was an Ethiopian king. Ethiopia is an African country and their language isnt arabic(as that would av made them arab). Najash was a christian b4 reverting to Islam and he offered d Muslims assylum for sometime.

A rational person wont even mention Bilal. The only black person that had companionship was a slave. He was a freed slave. Shows the status of African people at Muhammad's time. And like a slave, what is Bilals role in islam? To be a muezzin. A servant. Only valued for his voice work.

Keep on ignoring the fact. When the Quran was revealed, Islam had nothing to do with ethopia. When the Quran mentions mulsims, it relates to only Arabs. Muslism were immigrants to Ethopia once-http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Islam_in_Ethiopia#History
Re: Does The Bible Preach Racism? by F00028: 9:12pm On Nov 19, 2012
deols:

wahshi wasn't an arab and neither was barakah, ibn salam, raihana or lubainah. salman was persian as was fairuz, qais was pashtun...really, its a long list.

1 Like

Re: Does The Bible Preach Racism? by Nobody: 9:14pm On Nov 19, 2012
deols:

Not only the children of Abraham are mentioned but also the children of Adam and the son of Maryam.

None of these is mentioned in a context as to connote racism.

You cant possibly be giving these ridiculous 'proofs'. Am starting to like Abdulsleek better. He appeared smarter than this. Give up d argument already. Would you?

Adam is a Hebrew name. Or do you think you are a descendant of Adam?

What ridiculous proofs? When the Quran was revealed to Muhammad in a cave, were there African muslims? Where there balck muslims? Muhammad told his people and his people were Arabs in the middle east and not in Africa.

Islam is an Arabic religion.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Book Of Psalms / Who Created God And Then The.devil?????? / Muslim Atheist (picture)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 92
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.