Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,286 members, 7,815,489 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:13 PM

Does The Bible Preach Racism? - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Does The Bible Preach Racism? (3637 Views)

The Distorted Message Of Grace That We Preach / Why Don’t Nigerian Pastors Preach Contentment? *picture* / Should Women Be Allowed To Preach On The Altar Or To Become A Pastor? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Does The Bible Preach Racism? by wiegraf: 9:16pm On Nov 19, 2012
deols:

Does whatever or whoever you take in high esteem teach you to respect others?. When you are ready to speak to me like a reasonable human being,I'd answer your question

Indignation, from a muslim. How surprising. You could have let this go but you decided some smug retort would fit your needs. Pushing the mad that was in me over the edge. And I was on my way out too. That's not your concern anyhow

If you're keen on criticizing, best be ready to receive some as well. I give respect as I deem fit, no need for an allah to show me that, thankfully. Just like your silly religion/section that would censor me because? Just because. Or maybe because I'm kaffir. So I tend to extend the same honor to muslims I find blissfully hypocritical. I never claim to be mature.

So, if you claim to not be a deluded (and arguably stoopid) hypocrite, pls answer the question.
Re: Does The Bible Preach Racism? by F00028: 9:16pm On Nov 19, 2012
Re: Does The Bible Preach Racism? by Nobody: 9:22pm On Nov 19, 2012
Sweetnecta: people need to ignore logicboy03 and all his monikers when treating serious topics. the fisherman thinks with his elbows, always.

if islam at the beginning was all arabs, i wonder how the poor and slaves were good portion of it, so much so that the wealthy and powerful among the makkans refused the religion just because they did not want to be brothers of the underclass thereby losing their influences and power?

there is no place in the Quran that God condemned a person or people except on faith, alone. the hadith of the messenger [sa] by deols is sufficient for anyone who uses his brain to realize that racism or anything installed by humans to stratify people is frowned upon and not acceptable.

and as to maclatunji, no one needs to force him to do anything against his will, his conscience. not everyone agrees with him. i am one of those. but i am not going to open a thread to as him to do anything because as i see it, the ownership of nl agrees with him. his action as moderator does not in my own opinion has no adverse effect on his islam.

islam is an advise towards good. when people lie against islam, how can muslim support a liar or his lie? and before the Quran spoke about the descendants of Abraham [arabs [islamic religion is being regarded as hagarite religion because of Hagar, the mother of Ishmael] and jews], it spoke about the descendants of Noah,to mean all of us because our second common father was Noah, while Adam was the first.

Yawn. You are not a descendant of Adam or Noah.

How did islam even get to Nigeria? is it not through Arab slave trade? lol. https://www.nairaland.com/1013125/how-did-islam-come-nigeria

So, what happens to all the anti Jewish comments? Jws turning to apes in the Quran?
Re: Does The Bible Preach Racism? by Nobody: 9:25pm On Nov 19, 2012
F00028:

am pretty sure you read about the Qur'an but you don't actually read the book itself. that's why you always get caught lying against it.

I got causght lying about the Quran? Lmao!

The Quran lists punishments for adultery and stealing. Where is the punishment for Slavery?

What your right hand possesses abi? Slave religion!
Re: Does The Bible Preach Racism? by deols(f): 9:33pm On Nov 19, 2012
Eeyahhhh @ logicboy. You sound so confused now and instead of admitting your failure at having those fingers pointed at Islam, you are bringing irrelevant issues.

Zina is an entirely different topic. I know you enjoy it but it doesnt in d least make Islam a religion that indoctrinates racism.
Re: Does The Bible Preach Racism? by Nobody: 9:41pm On Nov 19, 2012
deols: Eeyahhhh @ logicboy. You sound so confused now and instead of admitting your failure at having those fingers pointed at Islam, you are bringing irrelevant issues.

Zina is an entirely different topic. I know you enjoy it but it doesnt in d least make Islam a religion that indoctrinates racism.

What failure?
Re: Does The Bible Preach Racism? by wiegraf: 9:52pm On Nov 19, 2012
Sweetnecta: people need to ignore logicboy03 and all his monikers when treating serious topics.

Serious topic? Anyways, he's the only one who bothers with you guys, so think carefully about that first.

@op, could you answer my question pls?
Re: Does The Bible Preach Racism? by Sweetnecta: 10:17pm On Nov 19, 2012
@Wiegraf: What is the meaning of Kaffir?
Do you know I am a Kaffir to a Christian, Jew, Hindu, etc and yes, Atheist?
Re: Does The Bible Preach Racism? by F00028: 10:59pm On Nov 19, 2012
wiegraf:
Serious topic? Anyways, he's the only one who bothers with you guys, so think carefully about that first...

not so. as usual when logicboy is deflecting criticisms from christianity by muslims, you're usually not far behind.
Re: Does The Bible Preach Racism? by wiegraf: 11:00pm On Nov 19, 2012
Sweetnecta: @Wiegraf: What is the meaning of Kaffir?
Do you know I am a Kaffir to a Christian, Jew, Hindu, etc and yes, Atheist?

You can't go to atheist hell though. Don't worry, I won't let that happen
Re: Does The Bible Preach Racism? by wiegraf: 11:01pm On Nov 19, 2012
F00028:

not so. as usual when logicboy is deflecting criticisms from christianity by muslims, you're usually not far behind.

I am? Really? I'm touched. Regardless, so?
Re: Does The Bible Preach Racism? by F00028: 11:03pm On Nov 19, 2012
Logicboy03:
I got causght lying about the Quran? Lmao!

The Quran lists punishments for adultery and stealing. Where is the punishment for Slavery?

What your right hand possesses abi? Slave religion!

this hardly seems like the thread but am curios. as an atheist, what makes slavery wrong?
Re: Does The Bible Preach Racism? by F00028: 11:08pm On Nov 19, 2012
wiegraf:

I am? Really? I'm touched? Regardless, so?
either criticising christianity is your exclusive preserve or you two should come out
Re: Does The Bible Preach Racism? by Nobody: 11:45pm On Nov 19, 2012
F00028:

this hardly seems like the thread but am curios. as an atheist, what makes slavery wrong?

I am not moral because I am an atheist, I am moral because I am a human being (and a humanist)

Please read my topic on the evolutionary basis for morality
https://www.nairaland.com/1104194/evolutionary-basis-morality-lesson-christians
Re: Does The Bible Preach Racism? by wiegraf: 11:57pm On Nov 19, 2012
F00028:
either criticising christianity is your exclusive preserve or you two should come out

I spend a lot of time criticizing religion, not xtianity. You'll rarely find me in xtian only threads. Only in those addressed to atheists or those dealing with religion in general, not xtianity. You guys packed up to your caves a while back probably because you enjoy sleeping on goat skins. I bother you bunch because you're particularly hypocritical, and when talking about religion, that says a lot. Look at this silly thread for instance, it's a d1ck swinging contest more or else. And you guys have shown with something like 2 inches are thumping your chests proudly. It's ridiculous

And your puny, bigoted brain is mildly amusing. Is that supposed to be an insult? Has my manhood now been questioned for all time? Would you feel threatened by such an assumption I wonder? Hmmm

edits
Re: Does The Bible Preach Racism? by F00028: 8:54am On Nov 20, 2012
wiegraf:
I spend a lot of time criticizing religion, not xtianity. You'll rarely find me in xtian only threads. Only in those addressed to atheists or those dealing with religion in general, not xtianity. You guys packed up to your caves a while back probably because you enjoy sleeping on goat skins. I bother you bunch because you're particularly hypocritical, and when talking about religion, that says a lot. Look at this silly thread for instance, it's a d1ck swinging contest more or else. And you guys have shown with something like 2 inches are thumping your chests proudly. It's ridiculous

And your puny, bigoted brain is mildly amusing. Is that supposed to be an insult? Has my manhood now been questioned for all time? Would you feel threatened by such an assumption I wonder? Hmmm

edits

you have a very exaggerated estimation of your nuisance value. you don't bother me at all. cool

word of advice my insecure, dysfunctional atheist friend: when you try to meet your needs of validation by insulting others, it wont always work because in the real world you meet people who:
a- dont care what you think, and
b- will insult you right back.

...and what is it with atheist and se.x.ual metaphors

ps: i meant come out of the closet as christians not as ho.mo.sexuals
Re: Does The Bible Preach Racism? by F00028: 9:36am On Nov 20, 2012
Logicboy03:

I am not moral because I am an atheist, I am moral because I am a human being (and a humanist)

Please read my topic on the evolutionary basis for morality
https://www.nairaland.com/1104194/evolutionary-basis-morality-lesson-christians

that wasn't my question! angry

and am not reading up anything. you're here, you're an atheist. why is slavery wrong?!

(and you say anony is dodgy. mtcheeeew)
Re: Does The Bible Preach Racism? by Nobody: 11:00am On Nov 20, 2012
F00028:

and am not reading up anything. you're here, you're an atheist. why is slavery wrong?!

I have given you a satisfactory answer.

Read throughout the Quran and see whether slavery is outrightly condemned
Re: Does The Bible Preach Racism? by Nobody: 11:08am On Nov 20, 2012
F00028:

I should have known that you are very silly. I gave you a satisfactory answer about being moral as a human being.

Maybe you think that without religion or Allah, we would find nothing wrong with slavery or become slave masters. Ironically, the worst slave traders in Africa were Arab muslims.
Re: Does The Bible Preach Racism? by F00028: 12:35pm On Nov 20, 2012
Logicboy03:
I have given you a satisfactory answer.

Read throughout the Quran...

Logicboy03:
I should have known that you are very silly. I gave you a satisfactory answer about being moral as a human being...
sigh...i never met an atheist that wasn't intellectually bankrupt

we are not talking about the Qur'an. i repeat:
F00028:
...you're here, you're an atheist. why is slavery wrong?!
plain, simple english, no acrobatics, please
Re: Does The Bible Preach Racism? by Nobody: 12:50pm On Nov 20, 2012
F00028:

sigh...i never met an atheist that wasn't intellectually bankrupt

we are not talking about the Qur'an. i repeat:
plain, simple english, no acrobatics, please

I am not going to answer your question. Let me put you in on a secret. Anony asked the same question when cornered about slavery in the bible.

Infact your dubious and insulting question, has been asked many times. It is the tactics of religious people to lash out when they are cornered with flaws in their holy books. They then turn the question to "why are you atheists complaining about slavery, racism etc in the bible/quran?....what morality do you have to say it is wrong?"

The fact that you followed the same path as a dubious apologetic like Anony should shame you a bit.

Why would a honest person ask why slavery is wrong? Are you too foolish to even not realise that we hate slavery for the same reasons?
Re: Does The Bible Preach Racism? by wiegraf: 12:59pm On Nov 20, 2012
F00028:

you have a very exaggerated estimation of your nuisance value. you don't bother me at all. cool

word of advice my insecure, dysfunctional atheist friend: when you try to meet your needs of validation by insulting others, it wont always work because in the real world you meet people who:
a- dont care what you think, and
b- will insult you right back.

...and what is it with atheist and se.x.ual metaphors

ps: i meant come out of the closet as christians not as ho.mo.sexuals

You do have a point. Your population is usually too stoopid/brainwashed, it takes a lot of work to get through to y'all. It's the reason I think you should be nice to @logic. Take vedaxx for instance, a goat in human skin that's been brainwashed. There's not much that can be done about that. Or you guys, only interested in 'my religion is better than yours' threads. What was that mor.onic thread you opened last time, where xtians were supposed to thank you oh great master thief?

If op had a brain on her she could have opened a thread about the effects of the 'us vs them' mentality, present in most religions, even secular ones. As it stands she thinks there's nothing wrong with hers () and so she should come over to gloat and look down on the xtians, let alone atheists. Something strictly monitored in your section no less. The levels of hypocrisy you usually display are reserved for nollywood, etc

You guys, frankly, are a disgrace. If aliens showed up for instance, we'd make sure to keep you locked in your caves so you don't embarrass the rest of humanity

1 Like

Re: Does The Bible Preach Racism? by wiegraf: 1:03pm On Nov 20, 2012
Logicboy03:

I am not going to answer your question. Let me put you in on a secret. Anony asked the same question when cornered about slavery in the bible.

Infact your dubious and insulting question, has been asked many times. It is the tactics of religious people to lash out when they are cornered with flaws in their holy books. They then turn the question to "why are you atheists complaining about slavery, racism etc in the bible/quran?....what morality do you have to say it is wrong?"

The fact that you followed the same path as a dubious apologetic like Anony should shame you a bit.

Why would a honest person ask why slavery is wrong? Are you too foolish to even not realise that we hate slavery for the same reasons?

He read the anony threads, I doubt he could come up anything reasonable on his own, even something that weak. He thinks anony won that debate by shouting lalalalalalala
Re: Does The Bible Preach Racism? by F00028: 1:41pm On Nov 20, 2012
@logicboy, wiegraf

yawn!..

hey logic, if you ever grow real kahunas we may continue the discussion. but leave the sidekick at home.
Re: Does The Bible Preach Racism? by Nobody: 1:45pm On Nov 20, 2012
wiegraf:

He read the anony threads, I doubt he could come up anything reasonable on his own, even something that weak. He thinks anony won that debate by shouting lalalalalalala

I am not surprised. grin grin
Re: Does The Bible Preach Racism? by Nobody: 1:46pm On Nov 20, 2012
F00028: @logicboy, wiegraf

yawn!..

hey logic, if you ever grow real kahunas we may continue the discussion. but leave the sidekick at home.

I have debunked the best apologist on Nairaland on this topic. cool cool cool

Maybe you dont know but.....

[size=18pt]
I'm a boss[/size]
Re: Does The Bible Preach Racism? by wiegraf: 2:15pm On Nov 20, 2012
F00028: @logicboy, wiegraf

yawn!..

You seem to still misunderstand, there's no topic to discuss here, it's open and shut except to brainwashed sheeple. Of course because of limited comprehension issues. But pls, run along.

U dey try @logic. How u put up with this lot?
Re: Does The Bible Preach Racism? by F00028: 2:18pm On Nov 20, 2012
Logicboy03:

I have debunked the best apologist on Nairaland on this topic. cool cool cool

Maybe you dont know but.....

[size=18pt]
I'm a boss[/size]

then i'll be waiting...boss smiley
Re: Does The Bible Preach Racism? by deols(f): 5:36pm On Nov 20, 2012
Some deluded individual claiming boss?

And d logicboy's-brain-is-better-than-mine, wiegraf

Smh..
Re: Does The Bible Preach Racism? by wiegraf: 5:51pm On Nov 20, 2012
deols: Some deluded individual claiming boss?

And d logicboy's-brain-is-better-than-mine, wiegraf

Smh..

You came back! Another hypocrite using the word deluded. You guys need more creativity. Are you saying logicboy's smarter than me? So? Not sure what this means. Though I'm not sure as to what you've ever done that makes you think you understand what intelligence entails. It's like a person born blind talking about color.

So, do you think you are excused simply because there might be no outward racism in islam, you remarkably selfish and shortsighted sheep?
Re: Does The Bible Preach Racism? by Sweetnecta: 7:38pm On Nov 20, 2012
@wiegraf: here is your ignorance before you break a gasket.

deols asked if the victory of the israelis [jews if it pleases your mind] means the happiness of the christians [nigerian christians if you wish]. reason is, is that the christians believe that they are actually very close to what their bibles want them to do in everything, even when they err because Jesus blood will cover the erring.

but that is not always the case with the muslims. the muslims know when they are far off the perfected path. so they ask for forgiveness, individually and often collectively, one and or some praying for the other or others. if your headache is boko haram since you seem to be narrow minded, it is also my headache and i dont even think i will be affected by their evil deeds, InshaAllah.

oh. learn civility and stop steaming up my glasses. you are behaving like hitler. heck. you crop a name almost from the black forest region.
Re: Does The Bible Preach Racism? by wiegraf: 8:51pm On Nov 20, 2012
Sweetnecta: @wiegraf: here is your ignorance before you break a gasket.

deols asked if the victory of the israelis [jews if it pleases your mind] means the happiness of the christians [nigerian christians if you wish]. reason is, is that the christians believe that they are actually very close to what their bibles want them to do in everything, even when they err because Jesus blood will cover the erring.

but that is not always the case with the muslims. the muslims know when they are far off the perfected path. so they ask for forgiveness, individually and often collectively, one and or some praying for the other or others. if your headache is boko haram since you seem to be narrow minded, it is also my headache and i dont even think i will be affected by their evil deeds, InshaAllah.

oh. learn civility and stop steaming up my glasses. you are behaving like hitler. heck. you crop a name almost from the black forest region.

What the hell were you supposed to be educating me about? I don't care about silly specifics, or my religion is better than yours nonsense. Haven't you grasped that?

Do you understand how silly this thread is? You never add any value and just look to selfishly promote islam. All.the.time. Some xtians will occasionally start threads that deal with matters like the nature of the universe, charity, etc. Issues that are not meant to show their religion is better than yours or proselytize, just genuine concern for the state of the world, no compulsion. Or just for curiosity even, and at times they even don't show up with the whole "I'm better than you because I have an imaginary friend" nonsense. You guys only proselytize and congratulate yourselves for absolutely nothing, like nursery school children bragging about their daddy's car.

Learn to respect other peoples rights before you talk about civility you clout. I see you talking about imposing sharia, 9 year old brides and what not and suddenly you're an expert on civility? Or claiming atheists have a secret agenda to take over the world...

Again, I give it like I see fit, just like you guys censor anyone you don't like (usually for not kissing uncle moh's a$$). I extend the same honor to you; you don't deserve any respect. Or at least your silly nairaland persona doesn't*. Get that through your vapid skull

*don't know what you're like when not here, probably decent enough, so don't take it personally actually. It's mostly your beliefs I have issues with, religion rots the brains, at least in quite a few people.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Who Created God And Then The.devil?????? / The Problems With God. / Muslim Atheist (picture)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.