Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,666 members, 7,809,516 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:48 AM

''jonathan Got It Wrong On Odi''- Obasanjo - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / ''jonathan Got It Wrong On Odi''- Obasanjo (12733 Views)

Fresh BMW Scandal : Patience Jonathan Got Import Waivers For Coscharis Motors / How Jonathan Got His GCFR By Reuben Abati - SaharaReporters / Jonathan Got Me Tripping With His Facebook Comment (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: ''jonathan Got It Wrong On Odi''- Obasanjo by KDULAR: 11:15am On Nov 20, 2012
I remember one of the pictures sent around during ODI campaign showing a aguy in army uniform having sex with a woman from her hind ( doggy) howevr both were not on their knees . Who rapes a woman standing by a roadside ?. It shows that not all that is in pictures or video are true . They could well be stage managed , a doubt that each of us must try to raise concerning the latest video circulated where same Nigerian security personnel are purportedly killing captives or arrested BH members!
If you see any security personnel in the north , they'll tell you that they don't in most cases reveal their identity at any spot especially at road blocks or elsewhere unless they are sure that the other people are real Nigerian Forces ( Military, police , including immigration ,civil defense and road safety) for fear of running into impersonators. We know that just like the above illustrated Odi picture same could 've happened with these BH guys. They are desperate and now wanting to use international media to purchase some sympathy and skew the victim on their side.
Now it is one thing to talkabout OBJ's action in Odi, the truth is that no country under the face of the earth under any circumstance will allow any bunch of guys( within or witout) to rubbish it's instruments of authority without consequences on the residents and environment such threats exists. Obj did what he's supposed to do and it did it right, the terrorists could have killed those people themselves or it could have been from the Nigerian Forces but that's it. Some of you shopuld witness such raids and see how sweet and convenient to write on the internet with the expectations of the media hype and what they watched from Hollywood ( maily makebelievs).
The Odi issue worked and Nigerian forces were rarely attacked, however vandalizations and kidnapping and other vices continued , which some negotiations and table talk helped to resolve. I think the presido got this wrong. Methinks he's just sentimental about the fact that the community is from his side.
Re: ''jonathan Got It Wrong On Odi''- Obasanjo by Maxymilliano(m): 11:21am On Nov 20, 2012
[quote author=Demdem][/quote]

I understand the point you are trying to make but you seems to be missing out on the fact that there's no way insurrections or insurgencies in whatever form can be duly contained without collateral damages. What should matter is minimizing the damage to the barest minimum and which I believe the JTF is trying hard to do in the face of unprovoked attacks.

The situation in Odi and Zaki Ibiam was simply an overkill.
Re: ''jonathan Got It Wrong On Odi''- Obasanjo by Demdem(m): 11:30am On Nov 20, 2012
Maxymilliano:

I understand the point you are trying to make but you seems to be missing out on the fact that there's no way insurrections or insurgencies in whatever form can be duly contained without collateral damages. What should matter is minimizing the damage to the barest minimum and which I believe the JTF is trying hard to do in the face of unprovoked attacks.

Of cos u are right however that doesnt mean it should be justified or encouraged. Having no collateral damage at all should be our watchword and its possible if its carefully planned. We have heard of military operations that recorded 100% success rate. We are not there yet but its possible.

The situation in Odi and Zaki Ibiam was simply an overkill.

Again i agree and like i originally stated, the military were not originally sent to these places by their C-in-C to kill the innocent and destroy them all. I envisaged a situation where the task was too much for them and they decided to do it the way they deem fit. No C-in-C except late saddam and his kind will ask his security agents to purposely go to his people and wipe them out. That wasnt the intention of OBJ IMO
Re: ''jonathan Got It Wrong On Odi''- Obasanjo by Elueme: 12:48pm On Nov 20, 2012
I can see some low lifers are beginning to bring in sentiment here. Your judgement will depend on how you look at the issue at hand.. I have so much respect for OBasanjo but he's wrong this time.I think his approach to this issue in this contemporary time will be wrong for Boko haram. OBasanjo did wat was necessary then considering his military back ground and our then more nascent democracy. The level of civility has increased so a full blown military intervention in a civilian population will be misconstrueded and some elements will capitalize on it to ferment more troubles in the country. I agree with anybody that says the president is slow, but being slow and doing the right thing is better than rushing and doing the wrong thing. If Oddi invasion had achieved its target, our oil output shouldn't have fallen to below 1 million barrel/ day and therev wouldn't have been need for amnesty.
My advise is for the media not to play up this issue. Baba has said that his recommendation wasn't a. Repetition of what happened in Oddi, so why the misinformation from our media?
Re: ''jonathan Got It Wrong On Odi''- Obasanjo by redsun(m): 1:02pm On Nov 20, 2012
Same obj that is calling the "militants" he savagely killed terrorists is the first to negotiate and first to initiate financial settlement with the murderous bokoharam.And up till this day,i dont think i have heard him call them terrorists yet.

Obj is in pact with suicide,he knows his time has come,either he does it himself or the ravaging mob will do it for him

1 Like

Re: ''jonathan Got It Wrong On Odi''- Obasanjo by Afolabs101: 1:35pm On Nov 20, 2012
For those who believe that Obasanjo and the Army's actions in Zaki Biam and the surrounding areas were justified, please read the report from Human Rights Watch:

http://www.hrw.org/reports/2002/nigeria/Nigeria0402-02.htm

Excerpts:

The Nigerian government announced the names and ranks of the dead soldiers, which were published in the media. However, many Tiv sources cast doubt on the identity of the victims and questioned whether all nineteen were really soldiers. They believe that at least some of them were probably armed Jukuns, operating alongside Nigerian army soldiers. As evidence, they pointed to the fact that, while dressed in military uniforms, the victims had been traveling in private pick-up trucks, not military vehicles, and that some of their weapons did not bear official Nigerian army registration numbers.

(We've heard allegations of military bias in Jos, where soldiers have been reported to have been standing and watching the Fulani's slaughter civilians)

The soldiers first arrived in Gbeji on October. They asked residents on which day the market was usually held, then went away. They returned on October. They gathered the residents of the town, asking as many people as possible to assemble for a meeting. They told them they had come on a peace mission and wanted to discuss ways of restoring peace in the area. The residents gathered, believing it was a genuine initiative. Once a sufficient number of people had come together, the soldiers separated the men from the women and children. They then opened fire on the unarmed men, shooting indiscriminately. After shooting them, they poured petrol over them and set them alight. Some of the victims died from the shooting, others from being burnt alive.[b][/b] The soldiers then went on a rampage, destroying houses and other buildings.

(Is this not the height of wickedness??)

On Monday 22 October the soldiers killed seventeen people here: fifteen men and two women. They sent some boys to fetch us to hear what they had to say. The soldiers asked us: "Who killed the soldiers?" We said we didn't know. They told us to make a line. People lined up. They made us take our shirts off and tied them over our eyes. Then the commander blew a whistle and the soldiers starting shooting. They left some of the bodies on the road. Some people were carried away alive by the soldiers as they left. They also burned houses. A woman in her twenties was burnt inside her house. Another woman in her thirties, a mother of two, was carried away alive. We don't know what happened to her

The town of Zaki-Biam, situated about forty-five kilometers from the Taraba border, was the worst hit location after Gbeji in terms of civilian casualties of the military operation; this was where the bodies of the nineteen soldiers had been found. Between twenty and thirty people, and possibly more, were killed in Zaki-Biam. The operation began on October 23 and continued on October 24. On the morning of October 23, soldiers surrounded the yam market, which is one of Nigeria's largest. When people began to panic, the soldiers started shooting. Most of the victims were shot dead in and around the yam market. Those killed included several market traders, including victims named to Human Rights Watch as Awua Gesa and Peter Swande, and farmers, including Aondohemba Amoh and Abaver Kumaga. The soldiers also engaged in widespread destruction of homes, shops, and other buildings, including parts of the market and even the police station. Shops belonging to Igbo traders-who have played no part at all in the conflict in the area-were also burnt and looted indiscriminately. At least two Igbo traders, including Joseph Uche, were among those killed.

(So the Igbo traders were killed because they had been harbouring the terrorists? or maybe they were the sponsors of the terrorists?)

Among the victims in Zaki-Biam were about ten people who were traveling in a bus near the yam market. The soldiers ordered the vehicle to stop and told the passengers to get out. Witnesses reported that the soldiers initially said they were stopping the vehicle for a routine check. Then they asked whether there were any non-Tivs among the passengers. The passengers said no. The soldiers separated the female passengers from the men, ordered the men to lie down, then started shooting at them. Among the victims was Ityokar Anbu Wende, a forty-year-old father of eight and a former councilor, who was accompanying his thirteen-year-old daughter back from school. The soldiers spared the daughter, but killed her father in front of her. He was the first passenger they shot because he was questioning their actions and asked why they were being asked to lie down. He was killed with at least ten bullets in the head and shoulder. The victims also included a Protestant pastor, Reverend Andrew Alu, who pleaded with the soldiers to let him pray. The soldiers said they would spare him because he was a priest, but shot him dead anyway. The driver of the vehicle, Moove Ityom, was also killed.

In Sankera, on October 23, two young men were killed on the main road: Merve Beramo, aged twenty, who was returning from the farm and was shot at the primary school, and Luther Jima, aged twenty-three. A four-year-old boy, Tersen Tordue, who had been traveling with Luther Jima on a motorcycle, was injured. Soldiers also engaged in extensive destruction, including in the parish compound, where they spent about half an hour. From there, they moved to the newly-constructed local government building, where they burned the whole of the inside of the building and looted office equipment and vehicles, as well as a large sum of money belonging to the local government; they also burned the house of the local government chairman, the local government guesthouse, and more than fifty other houses. In addition, they burned a large stockpile of food in a warehouse, which had been intended to assist the large population of internally displaced people fleeing conflict in Taraba State.

(Why would they do this??)

1 Like

Re: ''jonathan Got It Wrong On Odi''- Obasanjo by Afolabs101: 1:55pm On Nov 20, 2012
Demdem:

@Demdem, how did the villagers know who carried out the killing of the soldiers and policemen?? Did they come out to say "we will not hand over the people who carried out this gruesome murder?"

If soldiers were killed in Ajao Estate (for example), then the President says that Fashola must fish out the killers, then tells the residents of Ajao Estate to fish out the killers, how are they supposed to do this? What if the killers came from outside, carried out the killings and then left? So it would be justified to send tanks to shell the estate and kill all the men in the estate?

Lets say some villagers knew the identities of some of the militants/terrorists. People that had killed soldiers, would you walk into the police station or army formation and report their identity. They'd kill you and say your an accomplice. I'm sure anyone who knew what had happened was shit scared and left well before the military got there, leaving those who were too poor or uninformed to leave.

1 Like

Re: ''jonathan Got It Wrong On Odi''- Obasanjo by Afolabs101: 1:59pm On Nov 20, 2012
"I am sorry, it should never have happened," - Obasanjo.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/africa/2621999.stm
Re: ''jonathan Got It Wrong On Odi''- Obasanjo by Demdem(m): 2:13pm On Nov 20, 2012
Afolabs101:

@Demdem, how did the villagers know who carried out the killing of the soldiers and policemen?? Did they come out to say "we will not hand over the people who carried out this gruesome murder?"

If soldiers were killed in Ajao Estate (for example), then the President says that Fashola must fish out the killers, then tells the residents of Ajao Estate to fish out the killers, how are they supposed to do this? What if the killers came from outside, carried out the killings and then left? So it would be justified to send tanks to shell the estate and kill all the men in the estate?

Lets say some villagers knew the identities of some of the militants/terrorists. People that had killed soldiers, would you walk into the police station or army formation and report their identity. They'd kill you and say your an accomplice. I'm sure anyone who knew what had happened was shit scared and left well before the military got there, leaving those who were too poor or uninformed to leave.

I am not for the killings of the innocent no matter what. Go through my posts carefully and understand my position. Also, there is no evidence that OBJ sent soldiers to these towns primarily to wipe them out. They were sent to fish out the murderers however this didnt happen the way he envisaged and things went bad. The not so trained military forces went in there and shit happened.
In the case of biam, OBJ even went further to apologized for this. for we to categorically state that OBJ sent in troops to go and kill and maim to me is pretty lame.
Re: ''jonathan Got It Wrong On Odi''- Obasanjo by Olaolufred(m): 2:14pm On Nov 20, 2012
sheyguy: Where OBJ cruised through with bravery GEJ is stuck and as expected of him he prefers to go criticise the OBJ approach in order to justify the glaring flaws in his handling of his fellow PDP member going wild - BH.

You are on point.
Boko Haram was left from its small spark to become a wild fire.
If taken care of as a small spark, there would have been less casualty in terms of innocent men.
But now that it(BH) has become a full-grown adult, there will be more casualties, if it must be stamped down.
Why should the president wait till they have successfully killed over 2500 nigerians before waking up.
To make it worse, Jonathan first visible action against Boko Haram was carried out a week after the Christmas Day bombing of St. Theresa's Catholic Church,Abuja.
You ask me what? Annoucement of N 141 per Litre pump price of PMS.

The second visible action is deployment of more military to effect a change.
Definitely this will affect more innocent people than when it was a smaller flame.
No fight, but just my sincere opinion.

1 Like

Re: ''jonathan Got It Wrong On Odi''- Obasanjo by engrfcuksmtin(m): 4:34pm On Nov 20, 2012
Truckpusher: have you been to the Niger Delta before?...if no, then STFU
No but are Niger delta militants not terrorist? kidknapping innocents, vandalizing pipelines and creating terror in thier environs.
Meanwhile you are a bit dull do I have to visit Nigerdelta to know what is happening there in this 21st century?
Re: ''jonathan Got It Wrong On Odi''- Obasanjo by GARRIx7(m): 5:34pm On Nov 20, 2012
Demdem:

I am not for the killings of the innocent no matter what. Go through my posts carefully and understand my position. Also, there is no evidence that OBJ sent soldiers to these towns primarily to wipe them out. They were sent to fish out the murderers however this didnt happen the way he envisaged and things went bad. The not so trained military forces went in there and shit happened.
In the case of biam, OBJ even went further to apologized for this. for we to categorically state that OBJ sent in troops to go and kill and maim to me is pretty lame.

If actually the soldiers over-stepped their orders, what did OBJ do to bring them to book??

1 Like

Re: ''jonathan Got It Wrong On Odi''- Obasanjo by Demdem(m): 5:42pm On Nov 20, 2012
GARRI (x7):

If actually the soldiers over-stepped their orders, what did OBJ do to bring them to book??

Now that is the killer question? were the soldiers "court-marshaled" that i don't know for now and i wont be surprised if they werent because its simply not in our genes yet. However no evidence also suggests that they were ordered to go to both towns and level and kill indiscriminately.
Re: ''jonathan Got It Wrong On Odi''- Obasanjo by 1025: 5:55pm On Nov 20, 2012
GARRI (x7):
The Collateral damage from both the Odi and Zaki Biam operations were unacceptably high. Killing unarmed civilians just to make statement is unacceptable..

Fani-Kayode should have commented on the number of innocent men, women and children who lost their lives in both operations.

I agree with GEJ on this one...

ODI was a failure!!!

do u know what is called HUMAN SHIELD? no matter how careful u want to be in life, as long as u need peace, war must be involved? how many old men and women did jonathan see at odi and how many old and young igbos have been killed by boko haram? take me to anywhere in this world where innocent people don't die in the fight against terrorist. the wives and children found with osama on the day of his death will be called unarmed civilians abi? how does terrorist operate without the help of unarmed civilians? when you know the base of these people and they are ur husbands and children, you cook for them and help them with everything they need, you are part of them and you deserve death. the bloods of innocent igbo families will surely be on somebody's head.
Re: ''jonathan Got It Wrong On Odi''- Obasanjo by dayokanu(m): 6:01pm On Nov 20, 2012
1025:

do u know what is called HUMAN SHIELD? no matter how careful u want to be in life, as long as u need peace, war must be involved? how many old men and women did jonathan see at odi and how many old and young igbos have been killed by boko haram? take me to anywhere in this world where innocent people don't die in the fight against terrorist. the wives and children found with osama on the day of his death will be called unarmed civilians abi? how does terrorist operate without the help of unarmed civilians? when you know the base of these people and they are ur husbands and children, you cook for them and help them with everything they need, you are part of them and you deserve death. the bloods of innocent igbo families will surely be on somebody's head.

Common sense at last. If those terrorist offered to come out and face the army there wont be civilian casualties but as long as they hide among innocent civilians then its inevitable you have casualties

E.g whats going on with Hamas hiding among women and children
Re: ''jonathan Got It Wrong On Odi''- Obasanjo by Afolabs101: 6:41pm On Nov 20, 2012
Demdem:

Now that is the killer question? were the soldiers "court-marshaled" that i don't know for now and i wont be surprised if they werent because its simply not in our genes yet. However no evidence also suggests that they were ordered to go to both towns and level and kill indiscriminately.

That's a fair point, Obj may not have ordered them to kill and maim, but what I don't understand is how 100-300 people can be slaughtered by the army and the Commander in Chief or even the Chief of Army Staff does nothing to reprimand the soldiers.

I'm sure if any soldier was court-marshaled, it would have been reported and we all know that if your superior is aware of your bad behaviour and does not reprimand you, he is condoning it undecided

1 Like

Re: ''jonathan Got It Wrong On Odi''- Obasanjo by 9javoice1(m): 7:13pm On Nov 20, 2012
Am not in defense of GEJ yet i must condemn obj.
what he did at odi and zaki ibiam deserve ICC treatment.

lets be sincere anyone that stands with obj on this matter should search his conscience very well.
even obj apologies in makurdi a sign he is wrong, sincerely or not at least he accept been wrong. so why some folks defending him.
why obj refuse to apologies for odi's case i dont know.
he should have, who knows if the Ijaws has forgiven.

my advice to our yoruba folks here is just to desist from defending OBJ on this issue,
going through the post one will notice that FFK is yoruba but we can 4gv him since he is obj spoke man during those time,
but having almost all yoruba known pals on NL defending OBJ gives it tribal view.
i must say big thanks to AFOLABS101 for taking a different stand.

blv me or not if the same situation happen at ibadan no yoruba will be happy to see the use of the same Odi style on ibadan populace.

Gej is too slow to my likey, he should be faster than this and get the culprit and prosecute them.

1 Like

Re: ''jonathan Got It Wrong On Odi''- Obasanjo by thegoodjoehunt(m): 7:28pm On Nov 20, 2012
I am not and I don't think I'll ever be a Goodluck Jonathan Fan but I am 100% with him on this one.
Re: ''jonathan Got It Wrong On Odi''- Obasanjo by thegoodjoehunt(m): 7:48pm On Nov 20, 2012
I wish GEJ can be open and reveal the Sponsors of Boko Haram. angry
Re: ''jonathan Got It Wrong On Odi''- Obasanjo by GARRIx7(m): 7:50pm On Nov 20, 2012
1025:

There was no case of human shields, nor were the innocent people caught in the cross-fire between the terrorists and the govt. Forces. They were killed in cold-blood...

1 Like

Re: ''jonathan Got It Wrong On Odi''- Obasanjo by akintun: 8:13pm On Nov 20, 2012
People should not be abusing d president recklessly. Make ur point and criticize, but don't abuse ur president. D man is not even Abacha,

1 Like

Re: ''jonathan Got It Wrong On Odi''- Obasanjo by adamsalman(m): 10:48pm On Nov 20, 2012
truth4meal: Who think GEJ is clueless and dumb is only carried away with his outlook; GEJ is negatively intelligent - he would ve wiped out BH since the beginning of his term but he enjoys the politics of slander against Buhari and the North which flourish as long as BH continues. Its all politics from the violence after the 2011 elections where GEJ in his negative intelligence allowed the killing of corpers to smear the name of Buhari as if that is not enough on Oct 1 the first bomb blast was claimed by MEND but GEJ with d boldness of prostitute absolved MEND of the act while secretly politicizing the killing in a way to serially blame the opposition. When BH became a full blown cancer, GEJ needed that violence more than the devil - he need those blood more than a blood bank - he need to destroy the name of Buhari and the North;if it will claim 3000 souls or more to achieve it he won't mind - infact he doesn't give a damn. GEJ can stamp out BH in one day but dat is like a political ejaculation - GEJ will not want to cum yet he is enjoying d feeling.
The truth unvails. . . The modern day BH insurgency is nthn bt a conspiracy machinatd by GEJ & hs cohorts against d Nothern opposition leaders, tarnishn dia image, dstabilizing d region, degradation economicaly,policaly, weakn d region & leaders so as nt 2 hav any tangible,viable or worthwhile opositn 4rm dem. Dnt b suprise, BH insurgency may contnue til 2015, wen dia objectv is achvd.
Re: ''jonathan Got It Wrong On Odi''- Obasanjo by Demdem(m): 11:11pm On Nov 20, 2012
GARRI (x7):

There was no case of human shields, nor were the innocent people caught in the cross-fire between the terrorists and the govt. Forces. They were killed in cold-blood...

Were u privy to what actually happened or u are just insinuating that Nigerian soldiers got to the locations and started assasinating almost immediately.
Re: ''jonathan Got It Wrong On Odi''- Obasanjo by jmaine: 11:41pm On Nov 20, 2012
The extreme actions of the Soldiers at both Odi and Zaki Biam was meant to serve as a deterrent . . . . .

The Zaki Biam massacre caused a lot of friction between Gen Victor Malu whose 80 yr old uncle and his entire family family were burnt alive, and Gen T.Y Danjuma who was the then Minister of defense . . . .

Ironically Gen Victor Malu was the Chief of Army staff when Soldiers annihilated any living thing residing at Odi . . . . .

Whenever Soldiers bury a colleague and move in for a kill . .they don't need any form of provocation to unleash unreasonable havoc on any target object within the perimeter of their operations
Re: ''jonathan Got It Wrong On Odi''- Obasanjo by mbaemeka(m): 11:59pm On Nov 20, 2012
Without the video evidence the Aluu community would have refused to let go off the murderers of those boys. They even clamoured for the release of their village chief. When they saw the degree to which the damage was done they soon piped down. But the fact still remains that if there wasnt any video evidence the community would have claimed that the killers came from other communities or that they didnt know them. That was exactly what transpired in the Zaki Biam and Odi issue.

I know that killings of the innocent is unacceptable but OBJ did the apposite thing at the point in time. I totally supported him. In the attack of Iraq and Afghanistan for Saddam Hussein and the weapons of mass destruction surely innocent citizens joined the casualty list. Its indeed inevitable and imminent.

What has GEJ done about the BH issue. So far he has taken no drastic steps. He has even averred conflicting responses ("we are back rooming with them" and later "they're faceless") Surely Nigeria needs a more dogged and thorough president than this. That's my honest opinion though.
Re: ''jonathan Got It Wrong On Odi''- Obasanjo by ebere1712: 6:59am On Nov 21, 2012
Obj and his fellow yoroslaves are easy stooge for the west and mohammeds. The same time obasanjo ordered the killing in odi, he allowed the introduction of sharia in northern Nigeria. He indirectly aided the creation of the islamist sect "boko haram". He didin't do anything about that despite cries from all southern, middle beltan, christain northern groups. He closed his mgbati mouth and allowed it to happen. When it came to the issue of a small communities; he became a superman, and massacred the same civilians he swore to lead. This is mgbati behaviour. Cowards that would run away from a real fight but shoot at passers by. Children, grandpas and ill were also amongst the people that were massacred by obasanjos mgbati criminals. Mgbati yoroslaves smhh embarassed
Re: ''jonathan Got It Wrong On Odi''- Obasanjo by ebere1712: 7:15am On Nov 21, 2012
alaoeri:
OBJ is right when last did u heard about sharia its pure political, all this BH stuff has a link with politics let a hausa/fulani from borno or BH troubled state be the next president & see weather BH crisis 'll reduce or not. Remember OBJ is once a president & seeing what ωε can't see.
Mgbati goats. You guys would eat shit soon. Very soon. Slaves.
Re: ''jonathan Got It Wrong On Odi''- Obasanjo by GARRIx7(m): 9:12am On Nov 21, 2012
Demdem:

Were u privy to what actually happened or u are just insinuating that Nigerian soldiers got to the locations and started assasinating almost immediately.
Pls do some research on both events.......
Re: ''jonathan Got It Wrong On Odi''- Obasanjo by Demdem(m): 9:28am On Nov 21, 2012
GARRI (x7):

Pls do some research on both events.......

i have to the best of my ability and nothing of such that is relatively credible comes my way.
Re: ''jonathan Got It Wrong On Odi''- Obasanjo by GARRIx7(m): 10:08am On Nov 21, 2012
Demdem:

i have to the best of my ability and nothing of such that is relatively credible comes my way.
Ok.

What I got from my research was that the Military went to both villages on a Vengeance Mission. Their aim was not to Catch the terrorists but to avenge the death of their colleagues on the villagers
Re: ''jonathan Got It Wrong On Odi''- Obasanjo by Afolabs101: 2:59pm On Nov 21, 2012
Demdem:

Re: ''jonathan Got It Wrong On Odi''- Obasanjo by Demdem(m): 5:36pm On Nov 21, 2012
Afolabs101:

What a pathetic story. Those soldiers needs to be punished. However nothing suggests from the story that the govt of the day mandated it.
Was similar investigation carried out for Odi? This was just for benue.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

APGA Members May Storm Otuoke Over Unpaid Election Largesse / Ogun Emerges Nigeria’s Mining Capital / North Not Opposed To Restructuring… Says Northern Govs

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 104
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.