Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,502 members, 7,819,823 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:20 AM

''jonathan Got It Wrong On Odi''- Obasanjo - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / ''jonathan Got It Wrong On Odi''- Obasanjo (12738 Views)

Fresh BMW Scandal : Patience Jonathan Got Import Waivers For Coscharis Motors / How Jonathan Got His GCFR By Reuben Abati - SaharaReporters / Jonathan Got Me Tripping With His Facebook Comment (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: ''jonathan Got It Wrong On Odi''- Obasanjo by omenka(m): 8:02am On Nov 20, 2012
Richtalk: Femi Fani-Kayode is not OBJ's spokesman. The moderator should please change the topic as Femi's views.
Femi was OBJ's ex-spokesman, so whatever he is saying now should be quoted as his own view.
I believe OBJ is more matured than this, he won't respond to a sitting president like that, even if he has a different opinion.

Saw ur post just after I posted mine. Exactly the point I made. Discerning minds know better than to take the report seriously.
Nice one man.

1 Like

Re: ''jonathan Got It Wrong On Odi''- Obasanjo by Maxymilliano(m): 8:06am On Nov 20, 2012
So a whole community should be wiped off because government is taking decisive actions? Obasanjo should thanks his god that he's not having his days at the International Criminal Court, Hague.

1 Like

Re: ''jonathan Got It Wrong On Odi''- Obasanjo by Nobody: 8:14am On Nov 20, 2012
OBJ is a soldier. His reaction to murder of a fellow soldier is always beclouded by sentiments, personalised by emotions and highly muderous. He led the invasion and mudering spree of the easterners during the civil war, he authorized the deployment of soldiers to completely annihilate zaki Biam and Odi. The question we should ask is; Were old men, women and children actually killed ?
Re: ''jonathan Got It Wrong On Odi''- Obasanjo by Demdem(m): 8:15am On Nov 20, 2012
GARRI (x7):
The Collateral damage from both the Odi and Zaki Biam operations were unacceptably high. Killing unarmed civilians just to make statement is unacceptable..

Fani-Kayode should have commented on the number of innocent men, women and children who lost their lives in both operations.

I agree with GEJ on this one...

ODI was a failure!!!

Agreed. am never in support of the killing of the innocent however i agree with OBJ that after this invasion such an occurrence against security agents, such events went down drastically unfortunately
The retardeen is just being sttupid, i expect him then to withdraw military forces from borno and troubled places if he thinks military solution isnt it.
By the way, its the Retardeen aware that his current security forces are being accused of killing the innocent in their war against evil Boko?
Re: ''jonathan Got It Wrong On Odi''- Obasanjo by GeneralGaricks: 8:17am On Nov 20, 2012
Yaradua handled terrorists desicively in his term when he dislodged BH the first time before they regrouped under GEJ. The truth is that when such an operation as Odi and Zaki Ibiam is carried out, there are meant to be irregularities or misnoma. GEJ had the opportunity of handling BH and nipping them in the bud like Yaradua did but his personality took a better part of him coming out of the intimidation he suffered from northern elders over his election victory.

GEJ was avoiding a situation where he would be reported as fighting his political enemies with arms and could not differentiate when the political fracas of the presidential election had ended and when terrorists took over.

If GEJ had done what OBJ did to Odi or Yaradua did to BH, he would have saved many lives. I still love and respect Yaradua in his handling of BH because he targeted and got the terrorists and even presented them to pressmen before their execution not the type of OBJ operation in Odi and Zaki Ibiam where you only arrive to inspect dead bodies.

Another thing we should note is that these soldiers are human and having been with a remorse of losing their colleagues they would want to kill anything at sight during their operation(revenge missions). I blame OBJ for not giving the soldiers stern warning not to kill anyone but capture them alife(except in the face of fire power). I blame GEJ for watching helplessly as 3000 Nigerians were butchered by BH.

1 Like

Re: ''jonathan Got It Wrong On Odi''- Obasanjo by Demdem(m): 8:19am On Nov 20, 2012
ocelot2006: I'm afraid I'm with OBJ on this one, particularly on the 72nd Airborne Battalion's Ops in Zaki Biam. The murder....scratch that, slaughter of those 19 soldiers by Tiv villagers was one of the most savage and brutal cases I've ever come across. You only had to see the pics on TELL magazine to fully understand why the presidency and DHQ reacted the way they did. All 19 peacekeepers were slaughtered like goats in front of the camera, with the whole village celebrating. Do you really think the president would just sit back and watch?

Even with this, OBJ was still man enough to apologise afterwards.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/africa/2621999.stm
Re: ''jonathan Got It Wrong On Odi''- Obasanjo by Thok(m): 8:20am On Nov 20, 2012
Waiting on the discordant tunes that will soon be played. Abati and Okupe wia una dy?.
Re: ''jonathan Got It Wrong On Odi''- Obasanjo by Truckpusher(m): 8:23am On Nov 20, 2012
engrfcuksmtin: And where is the sharia today? The notherners did not kill security personnels then. The unrest in the north had been since before OBJ remmember the Kano riot but terrorism is new in Nigeria and it was introduced by Niger Deltans.
have you been to the Niger Delta before?...if no, then STFU
Re: ''jonathan Got It Wrong On Odi''- Obasanjo by talktimi(m): 8:24am On Nov 20, 2012
dayokanu: Retardeen Jonathan exposed for his cluelessness again,

Instead of taking decisive actions against Boko Haram terrorist he is asking us to Pray and handle them with Kids gloves

Maybe Obama had a reason for not negotiating with terrorists afterall
Another fool on nairaland. If you should meet GEJ today, will you insut him or seek for his favor ? Its your parents I blame sha for your stupidity. Onto the topic, to crush a few militants, the military set up their heavy artillery at Mbiama a border town btw Rivers and Bayelsa states and shelled Odi community killing hundreds of innocent men, women and children and levelling an entire community. The so called "terrorist" leader who killed those officers died about two years ago so you know its mostly innocent people who died. If GEJ or any other president should try this same tactic in any of the boko haram states I tell you this country will be brought to its knees with another civil war. How will you feel if the military should shell your village ? I guess you will never understand what military occupation feels like ao you run your mouth like a generator.
Re: ''jonathan Got It Wrong On Odi''- Obasanjo by swoosh(m): 8:30am On Nov 20, 2012
CyberG:

Your moniker alone speaks for the odious stupidi.ty that oozes from your maggoty orifice! So, it is okay for criminals to kill several soldiers and police, who have wives, children and family but when the government responds with force, it is wrong? Is the life of the ones killed by the criminals > soldiers and police? BH kills several civilians in the most violent way but that is not too much of a crime but when the soldiers respond with more violent killings, somehow they are guilty for killing the families of the BHaramites?

oh oh,,,and whats the place of 'intelligence ' in the military? shudnt they have covertly sought the killers and taken themn out so you think the best way for soldiers to avenge the killing of collegues is to go to a poor village, call all the women, children and the elderly together and then open fire on them? thats what happened in Zaki-Biam for instance - over 200 people shot at a go - children, women, old men and women. Wait until it happens in your village (if you have one) then you will know what it means. I struggle to believe ur even a human being- cud have been a computer virus or a goat accidently pressing the keyboard ?/ GOsh!!!

As for OBJ....well God is in charge
Re: ''jonathan Got It Wrong On Odi''- Obasanjo by Demdem(m): 8:32am On Nov 20, 2012
talktimi: Another fool on nairaland. If you should meet GEJ today, will you insut him or seek for his favor ? Its your parents I blame sha for your stupidity. Onto the topic, to crush a few militants, the military set up their heavy artillery at Mbiama a border town btw Rivers and Bayelsa states and shelled Odi community killing hundreds of innocent men, women and children and levelling an entire community. The so called "terrorist" leader who killed those officers died about two years ago so you know its mostly innocent people who died. If GEJ or any other president should try this same tactic in any of the boko haram states I tell you this country will be brought to its knees with another civil war. How will you feel if the military should shell your village ? I guess you will never understand what military occupation feels like ao you run your mouth like a generator.

Before the offensive, President Obasanjo asked the then Governor and inhabitants to fish out those responsible but he claimed he cant and the inhabitants refused to hand them over. Its unfortunate to note that peeps like u knew who were responsible for the killing of innocent policemen and soldiers and refused to fish them out when asked to do so. may the blood of the subsequent dead forever hunt u to ur grave.

By the way the military is currently killing the innocent in the north as we speak and there is no civil war till date. Ur fears are unfounded.

Demdem:

Agreed. am never in support of the killing of the innocent however i agree with OBJ that after this invasion such an occurrence against security agents, such events went down drastically unfortunately
The retardeen is just being sttupid, i expect him then to withdraw military forces from borno and troubled places if he thinks military solution isnt it.
By the way, its the Retardeen aware that his current security forces are being accused of killing the innocent in their war against evil Boko?
Re: ''jonathan Got It Wrong On Odi''- Obasanjo by GARRIx7(m): 8:33am On Nov 20, 2012
Billyonaire: .......The question we should ask is; Were old men, women and children actually killed ?
YES!!!
Re: ''jonathan Got It Wrong On Odi''- Obasanjo by blackky187(m): 8:43am On Nov 20, 2012
Seun,i guess from now on all those that use 'foul language' should be sanctioned/banned. I hate to comment on issues because when you decide to discuss intelligently,one kid with a completely biased mind and free internet service at his disposal will start raining insult. We sincerely need a re-orientation. The issue is 'SECURITY' and we should focus on that and not comparing notes between OBJ and GEJ. I bet you OBJ cannot easily try what he did to ODI now in the Niger Delta,imagine between 1999-till Yar Adua's amnesty the amount of arms that entered the Niger Delta and also submitted to the Federal Government. Please note 'security is everybody's business' and not just the C-in-C business.

2 Likes

Re: ''jonathan Got It Wrong On Odi''- Obasanjo by GARRIx7(m): 8:46am On Nov 20, 2012
Demdem:

Before the offensive, President Obasanjo asked the then Governor and inhabitants to fish out those responsible but he claimed he cant and the inhabitants refused to hand them over. Its unfortunate to note that peeps like u knew who were responsible for the killing of innocent policemen and soldiers and refused to fish them out when asked to do so. may the blood of the subsequent dead forever hunt u to ur grave.

By the way the military is currently killing the innocent in the north as we speak and there is no civil war till date. Ur fears are unfounded.

Their inability to fish out the killers isn't a Good enough reason for the killing and maiming of hundreds of souls.

OBJ had all security forces under his control so he should have directed them to fish out the killers instead of ordering the massacre of the village...

1 Like

Re: ''jonathan Got It Wrong On Odi''- Obasanjo by Demdem(m): 8:56am On Nov 20, 2012
GARRI (x7):

Their inability to fish out the killers isn't a Good enough reason for the killing and maiming of hundreds of souls.

I agree with u completely. However the people themselves who decided to habour these murderers also have to be blamed. Also note that one of the reasons why peeps especially from the south here likes the military operation going up north is because they believe the people there harbour evil boko.

OBJ had all security forces under his control so he should have directed them to fish out the killers instead of ordering the massacre of the village...

We all know that the right thing is for our security men to gather intelligence and surgically fish out these perpetrators however the Nigerian military isnt configured for such unfortunately. Am sure they were directed to fish out the murderers but on getting there they decided to burn down the whole town. The same happened in zaki biam and OBJ had to apologised.
By the way, innocent killings of the innocent is currently going on in the north. This is the hallmark of the Nigerian Military.

Re: ''jonathan Got It Wrong On Odi''- Obasanjo by Sealeddeal(m): 8:58am On Nov 20, 2012
[quote author=Demdem]

....and after he(OBJ) invaded Odi,he fished out the killers ryt?

1 Like

Re: ''jonathan Got It Wrong On Odi''- Obasanjo by otokx(m): 8:59am On Nov 20, 2012
OBJ would soon deny that he said what Fani - Kayode said he did.
Re: ''jonathan Got It Wrong On Odi''- Obasanjo by Demdem(m): 9:01am On Nov 20, 2012
Sealeddeal: [/quote]

[quote author=Demdem]

Demdem:

[b] Its unfortunate to note that peeps like u knew who were responsible for the killing of innocent policemen and soldiers and refused to fish them out when asked to do so. may the blood of the subsequent dead forever hunt u to ur grave.

Re: ''jonathan Got It Wrong On Odi''- Obasanjo by Obamaone: 9:10am On Nov 20, 2012
Allah knows the best for His people all the times.
Re: ''jonathan Got It Wrong On Odi''- Obasanjo by Maxymilliano(m): 9:17am On Nov 20, 2012
Demdem:

Sorry bro but can you help refresh my memory here, was the culprits fished out after the invasion of Odi and Zaki biam by military occupations? Were JTF members not also been attacked and killed in the north and will you have recommended such decisive actions as directed by Obasanjo as the panacea to quell the boko haram insurrection?

1 Like

Re: ''jonathan Got It Wrong On Odi''- Obasanjo by alaoeri: 9:26am On Nov 20, 2012
kettykin: Hypocrisy of the highest magnitude being displayed with reckless abandon , OBJ sent soldiers to Odi and the victims were old women , old men and innocent children . He again sent soldiers to zaki bbiam and the victims were innocent young men who were invited by the soldiers to come for a peace meeting in the village square . Yet when OPC killed policemen in Lagos and ogun state OBJ again displayed his real color of selective justice preferring to arrest Gani Adams only to release him before elections . When the Sam OBJ was in power and their was sharia crisis all over the north west , he preferred to call it a political sharia which will go away with time even when innocent Nigerians where been killed by fanatical mobs OBJ did not intervene with soldiers preferring to call south east governors who who were calling for confederation mischievous . Who is really deceiving who?
If there is trouble in Kano or Borno he says it is political sharia and when the Sam thing happens in plateau he declares state of Emergency . Useless Antichrist who has success in his 8 years reign is to sleep with his daughter in law and to crown it all ended up making his son a divorcee
OBJ is right when last did u heard about sharia its pure political, all this BH stuff has a link with politics let a hausa/fulani from borno or BH troubled state be the next president & see weather BH crisis 'll reduce or not. Remember OBJ is once a president & seeing what ωε can't see.
Re: ''jonathan Got It Wrong On Odi''- Obasanjo by Mantiza(m): 9:27am On Nov 20, 2012
[color=#000099][/color] Love urselves as i have loved you so that their will be peace among you.(Quote) Tribalistic insults i see on NL is touching me. Occultmen are playing dirty politics with our lifes. I know OBJ must talk when i heard that answer and many times GEJ's intelligence guides him. Soildier n lecturer as former n present president. Visit Tell magazine office and request report on Zaki-Ibiam, ie oh my God if one is your father? Nigerians, love urselves for tribes that can, because i understand our parents have inculcated this mindset within us. GEj meant good for all and did not cause our problems in this naija, he is passing by. If north like use chemical weapon and wipe out nothern region, the goat is eating whose cloth? GEJ (i think) wants a govt. Where the good the bad n ugly will sit down n plan a way forward not in a TRIBALISTIC approach. He wants inter marriages. He wants the elites in the north to come out n say we are tired. He wants everybody to contribute not fire for fire. Mark my words. Pls i m on duty now n will be back.
Re: ''jonathan Got It Wrong On Odi''- Obasanjo by Demdem(m): 9:35am On Nov 20, 2012
Maxymilliano:

Sorry bro but can you help refresh my memory here, was the culprits fished out after the invasion of Odi and Zaki biam by military occupations?

I never said they were fished out. What i said was after the massacre such events (large scale killing of policemen and military officers) in those localities didnt happened again. Unfortunately, avoidable innocent lives were lost when it would have been easy for the people to have surrendered those murderers.

talktimi:
The so called "terrorist" leader who killed those officers died about two years ago so you know its mostly innocent people who died.

By the way, the instructions from their C-IN-C was to fish out those murderers however they werent successful in doing that and they decided to raze down the whole town unfortunately

Were JTF members not also been attacked and killed in the north and will you have recommended such decisive actions as directed by Obasanjo as the panacea to quell the boko haram insurrection?

Both Evil Boko and JTF are currently killing in the North as we speak. Retardeen asked them only to fish out evil Boko but in acheiving this task of theirs, the innocent is being caught in between.
Get it straight again. OBJ never ordered that the military should go down to ODI and kill the innocent just like retardeen never asked JTF to kill the innocent currently however since our military cant surgically remove the weed from the plant, they will prefer to burn the whole plantation unfortunately.
Re: ''jonathan Got It Wrong On Odi''- Obasanjo by size38: 10:08am On Nov 20, 2012
My question is, if Obasanjo happens to be in power in this time of Boko Haram,would he has wiped out the entire north east in the name of fighting Boko Haram?
Re: ''jonathan Got It Wrong On Odi''- Obasanjo by Demdem(m): 10:11am On Nov 20, 2012
size38: My question is, if Obasanjo happens to be in power in this time of Boko Haram,would he has wiped out the entire north east in the name of fighting Boko Haram?

Knowing fully well now that Evil Boko = PDP, i believe it will be very easy for OBJ to tackle this menace. OBJ is no coward.
Our own Retardeen has the names of evil Boko sponsors and still dumb to utilise it.
Re: ''jonathan Got It Wrong On Odi''- Obasanjo by Maxymilliano(m): 10:16am On Nov 20, 2012
[quote author=Demdem][/quote]

May be I need to let you know that JTF was drafted in to quell the insurgency in some of the northern States, just like their services was deployed to the niger delta region in the heat of the militancy.

The few civilian casualties in the north were caught in the crossfire between boko and JTF but in the case Odi and Zaki Ibiam, a WHOLE community was razed and the inhabitants decimated... Is this the same scenario you are trying hard to rationalize
Re: ''jonathan Got It Wrong On Odi''- Obasanjo by authenticblack: 10:20am On Nov 20, 2012
Fani Kayode got a mouth full,he just like to talk. GEJ should send Soldiers to the North and murder innocent civilian: Women, Children and Unarmed Men. Maybe OBJ as a soldier forgot the rule of engagement.(1)Do not harm all unarmed civilian.The American Soldier that murdered innocent people in Afghan had been arrested and a serious investigation is going on about the killing:Fani Kayode would have applauded him,after all the are Afghans. Fani Kayode has no respect for Human life, he just got a big mouth.He is a big fool
Re: ''jonathan Got It Wrong On Odi''- Obasanjo by mosunade(f): 10:29am On Nov 20, 2012
Demdem:

I wonder what you will say if someone tells you your father is being sttupid. And I think we are right to say here that your parents are plain sttupid for not giving you proper home training on public discourse.

2 Likes

Re: ''jonathan Got It Wrong On Odi''- Obasanjo by kinguwem: 10:32am On Nov 20, 2012
Killing of the aged & innocent children in the guise of fighting terrorism is a crime against humanity. What is the function of the secret police & military intelligence if terrorists cannot be identified, tracked, arrested or killed. Bombarding a village to kill criminals is a crude military operation that should be condemned. They should learn a lesson from the killing of Osama by the US Marines.

1 Like

Re: ''jonathan Got It Wrong On Odi''- Obasanjo by Demdem(m): 10:34am On Nov 20, 2012
Maxymilliano:

May be I need to let you know that JTF was drafted in to quell the insurgency in some of the northern States, just like their services was deployed to the niger delta region in the heat of the militancy.

And how is this different from my opinion and what i stated? Be it Evil Boko or Cop killers, all are murderers and a revolt to the govt of the day.

The few civilian casualties in the north were caught in the crossfire between boko and JTF but in the case Odi and Zaki Ibiam, a WHOLE community was razed and the inhabitants decimated...

Be it one life or hundred lives, none is justifiable. Thats a fact. Again i state that OBJ didnt ask his men to go to those towns and raze them down but to fish out the criminals which they didnt do at the end.

Is this the same scenario you are trying hard to rationalize

If stating it as it is is what u termed rationlizing then i have no apology for that. Kindly go through my earlier posts and fully understand my position.
Re: ''jonathan Got It Wrong On Odi''- Obasanjo by sheyguy: 10:37am On Nov 20, 2012
drnoel:
Maybe you are right but also remember where a OBJ failed badly GEJ excelled with honours.
And where will that be?
Re: ''jonathan Got It Wrong On Odi''- Obasanjo by Demdem(m): 10:37am On Nov 20, 2012
mosun_ade:

I wonder what you will say if someone tells you your father is being sttupid. And I think we are right to say here that your parents are plain sttupid for not giving you proper home training on public discourse.

Never knew the Retardeen is ur father. EEyah, he is so daft just like u. its in u.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

FG Speeds Up Settlement Of Samsung, LADOL Feud For Sake Of Investments / APC Hands Over Party Structures To Saraki In Kwara / I Won’t Work With Those Behind Crisis In PDP – Sheriff

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 90
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.