Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,596 members, 7,823,586 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 12:02 PM

Define: She Fronts Too Much!?! - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Define: She Fronts Too Much!?! (4827 Views)

How Do You Define A Big Girl? / How Do We Define A Nagging Person? / Define Love In Your Own Words (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Define: She Fronts Too Much!?! by Free(f): 12:41am On Apr 22, 2006
aigh gurl
thnx, cheesy cheesy
Re: Define: She Fronts Too Much!?! by curiousNja(f): 2:16am On Apr 22, 2006
In general, fronting is synonymous with 'pretending" so could be used in many contexts. e.g. Fronting (pretending) that you dont like a guy when you do, fronting that you are something that you are not.
Re: Define: She Fronts Too Much!?! by chinani(f): 3:38am On Apr 22, 2006
"AKATA" is not part of Nigerian language in its present usage b/c it's part of Nigerian pidgin. (Do you consider pidgin a language?) And yes, it is just used to mean "Black American" but depending on the speaker it can be always positive, always negative, or neutral.

When "we" say it, it's neutral.
Re: Define: She Fronts Too Much!?! by hotangel2(f): 3:00pm On Apr 22, 2006
Thanks chinani. smiley

Free u see now?
Re: Define: She Fronts Too Much!?! by cammax7(m): 3:49pm On Apr 22, 2006
To FRONT is to pretend. If one is described as putting a front it means the person is pretending. In the context of boy/girl stuff if a girl is said to be 'fronting' she's simply pretending not to be interested in the guys yarnings when she is abviously interested, or she's playing hard to get.
Re: Define: She Fronts Too Much!?! by Akinsete: 6:06pm On Apr 22, 2006
He or she that pretends will definitely get a partner that does the same. When they are both tired of pretending, their true selves will come out. That's there business.
Re: Define: She Fronts Too Much!?! by chinani(f): 6:13pm On Apr 22, 2006
true talk!
Re: Define: She Fronts Too Much!?! by buckeye(m): 7:21pm On Apr 22, 2006
Free:

ooh because somebody told me akata means
uuumm Wild animal!!!, in nigerian language undecided

There is a wild animal called Akata in Yoruba, it looks pretty much like domestic cats but longer in size.  I am not sure whta it is called in english though, but i guess its called Cheetah.
Re: Define: She Fronts Too Much!?! by haywhy(m): 9:21pm On Apr 22, 2006
I quite agree that this particular slang & some others are overused but i think it is due to the excessive pretence of our ladies as well. For example almost all the females keep saying they'll die for USHER but funny enough, should he make any attempt to approach one of them they'll still, but when the guy decides to check on some1 else they start crying, " cry" thank god they do this alone grin

1 more thing, some guys also contribute to the problem because during the normal phase of playing "hard to get" some guys start doing thing that doesn't make them man enough & thus the gal might not have the chance of accepting cos if she does with those acts from the guy she'll eventually appear CHEAP.

Guys remember, "even a lady that is free of charge will claim to be xpensive" so what do u xpect from a cheap gal wen a free of charge lady is doing that
Re: Define: She Fronts Too Much!?! by OldGlory1(m): 2:43am On Apr 23, 2006
Akata is a term we all should avoid. I try not to call people names, the N" word is just as bad. It does not help in anyway to call people names whether it is Neutral,offensive, or just rolls off our tongue. From what i understand it means "Cotton Picker" or "Slaved Blacks". But whatever it means, i will rather call him or her African American, than call people as a whole names.
Re: Define: She Fronts Too Much!?! by hotangel2(f): 2:47am On Apr 23, 2006
Akata isn't as bad as the "N" word. Come on.
Re: Define: She Fronts Too Much!?! by chinani(f): 7:05am On Apr 23, 2006
Akata is not related to the N word & isn't as bad. It's neutral. And what do you expect us to say in Naija? "O bu African American"? Er, that doesn't make sense. Pidgin (in every country) is different from the "dominant" languages and when the sounds/word are similar to the words in the original languages, meanings are erased, inverted or ignored. Also think about the nature of West African languages. Use Igbo & Yoruba for example. In both languages words are spelled the same but mean different things b/c our languages are tonal. So anyone who tells you it has a definite meaning one way or another is misinformed. Peace.
Re: Define: She Fronts Too Much!?! by OldGlory1(m): 3:00pm On Apr 23, 2006
The "Akata" word is derogatory and not Useful. If you call Jews "Kikes" it is anti-semitic, call Hispanics "Wet Backs" and call Asians "Ch-inky Eyes" or call Caucasians "Crackers". I do not think name calling is ever "Neutral" and many times we say things, that make us all as a society look bad. I think words says a lot of who we are, and like i said call him Dwayne, Hui, or Pedro. Find out more people, instead of painting people with one brush. Enough said!
Re: Define: She Fronts Too Much!?! by Free(f): 3:33pm On Apr 23, 2006
okay thnx ya'll
cuz one of my black americans friends was upset that
we africans call them "Wild animals" Akata, i didnt know
the meaning so , i couldnt defend myself embarassed embarassed lol!!!,
Re: Define: She Fronts Too Much!?! by vichel(m): 4:06pm On Apr 23, 2006
cheesy cheesy cheesy u guys simply amaze me
Re: Define: She Fronts Too Much!?! by chinani(f): 6:43pm On Apr 23, 2006
@ Old Glory
What I'm trying to say is that AKATA means African American in Nigerian pidgin in the same way that Bekee or Onecha (bad spelling sorry!) means English or White person in Igbo. I would not call "Samuel" Akata b/c I call ppl by their name etc. etc. but if someone asks "What is Samuel?" or "What race is Samuel?" or "Is Samuel such-and-such" then I say "He is Akata." the same way I might say "He is Chinese."

I don't see how that is disrespectful. It does not originate from negativity that's an urban American legend. If someone chooses to use it in the negative way, I cannot be accountable for that. Remember, some ppl sneer when they say "He's Nigerian. . ." so should we stop them from calling us that (Nigerian, African, or whatever)? As long as I'm not calling anyone out of their name, what's the problem?

@ Free
That's never happened to me but if the person got offended then I just wouldn't refer to them as AKATA (instead use English) out of respect. But to me it's not a disrespectful word so the choice is yours. Now, you know mama! Don't let anyone define words for you. wink Holla.
Re: Define: She Fronts Too Much!?! by Free(f): 9:40pm On Apr 23, 2006
@chinani
i hear ya gurl!!!!!!! am still gonna call em Akatas'' anywayz lol!!!! cheesy :Dshehe
Re: Define: She Fronts Too Much!?! by freddie1(m): 4:42pm On Apr 24, 2006
This means her saying no when everything about her is telling you yes!
Re: Define: She Fronts Too Much!?! by princeonx: 7:23pm On Apr 24, 2006
Are we still on the same topic abi I miss road! make I check!
Re: Define: She Fronts Too Much!?! by princeonx: 8:04pm On Apr 24, 2006
Back to topic, the world "she fronts too much" or "playing hard to get" is not a familiar or common used phrase around me and my friends unless I'm hanging out with the wrong people! to hit the nail on the head I can't even remember or think of when that world was used or heard last! maybe in my early high school days! so for those that said guys use that word alot should rephrase that or rather say SOMEGUYS (especially the guys around them). Then talking about hard to get! (whatever that means) hard to tell you her name, hard to give you her number, hard to feel the same way, hard to jump in bed with you! like I said (whatever you define it to mean) is bullshit! We're in 20th century where there's nothing wrong with telling a guy I think I like you too, let take things nice and slow, lets get to know eachother more, lets give it moretime, and so on! Instead of acting the catch me if you can thing like somebody call it!, or allowing her her 4days of playing hard (4 DAYS ONLY?) not even a week or a month! personally you won't even hear (phone/call) from me less than a week after we met not to talk of 4days. Bottom line sisters, if a guy wanna mess/toy with you, he'll allow you the whole time in the world. Buy yourself time by telling him you like him too but need sometime to yourself! tell him you need to get yourself together from last relationship even when there was never one, tell him you're studying for a serious test/exam and need a week or two to study even if you're not in school! that way all calls or visit will be very short! all these are some ways you can play your whatever to get you call it! instead of what's your name , can I call you , are you from this planet , and you call that what again? give me a break! sound like high school days!!
Re: Define: She Fronts Too Much!?! by princeonx: 8:09pm On Apr 24, 2006
Trust me if he really like you he'll wait!
Re: Define: She Fronts Too Much!?! by eveseh(f): 9:29pm On Apr 24, 2006
everygirl fronts, we act like we dont want it,but we do want it grin
Re: Define: She Fronts Too Much!?! by chinani(f): 9:38pm On Apr 24, 2006
Prince_onx, that's for your contribution. I'm the original poster & to be honest I don't hang around dudes who say that in my real life. . .I came up w/ the topic after reading lots of posts on Nairaland. Isn't that ironic. But I like your points. I think girls are perceived as fronting when they have bad communication skills or low confidence (self esteem) and don't think the guy will wait. So they try to "trick" him into waiting & the guy sees through the (unintended) deceit. embarassed It's a sad end. undecided
Re: Define: She Fronts Too Much!?! by eveseh(f): 9:49pm On Apr 24, 2006
chinani:

Prince_onx, that's for your contribution. I'm the original poster & to be honest I don't hang around dudes who say that in my real life. . .I came up w/ the topic after reading lots of posts on Nairaland. Isn't that ironic. But I like your points. I think girls are perceived as fronting when they have bad communication skills or low confidence (self esteem) and don't think the guy will wait. So they try to "trick" him into waiting & the guy sees through the (unintended) deceit. embarassed It's a sad end. undecided

yea it's sad end for true,but u are right u know grin grin grin
Re: Define: She Fronts Too Much!?! by onyimadu(m): 1:22pm On Apr 26, 2006
a girl once loved me but played so hard to get that i gave up the chase.two weeks later i almost bought a bucket to carry all her tears. she loved me but did not want to tell me.too late.thats frontin
Re: Define: She Fronts Too Much!?! by tipsy289(m): 8:54pm On Apr 26, 2006
Everyone is rite,to some people she's playing hard to get or that the girl is not feeln them,they keep on tryn and when it seems nothin is workn,guys just say she's frontin.
Re: Define: She Fronts Too Much!?! by raphy(m): 9:31pm On Apr 26, 2006
hi y'all,
@hot-angel they said we should define she fronts too much u r taikin bout ashe@wo but yyy?she fronts too much simply means a girl who have a man on her side but goes after other guys,secondly a girl who always want somting from his man by force am i right or wrong cry sad embarassed undecided wink
Re: Define: She Fronts Too Much!?! by OldGlory1(m): 10:25pm On Apr 26, 2006
Huh?
Re: Define: She Fronts Too Much!?! by hotangel2(f): 10:26pm On Apr 26, 2006
raphy:

hi y'all,
@hot-angel they said we should define she fronts too much you're taikin bout ashe@wo but yyy?she fronts too much simply means a girl who have a man on her side but goes after other guys,secondly a girl who always want somting from his man by force am i right or wrong cry sad embarassed undecided wink
U got it all twisted man.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Should A Woman Love Her Man More Than God? / Wedding Gown Gone Wrong :D / 5 Reasons Why You Should Marry A Yoruba Lady: photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.