Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,915 members, 7,828,197 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 05:53 AM

Hon Farouk Cleared Of Any Wrong-doing - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Hon Farouk Cleared Of Any Wrong-doing (2282 Views)

Hon Farouk Cleared Of Wrong Doing / Police To Declare Farouk Lawan Wanted / New Video of Training, Martyrdom Statements : Umar Farouk Abdulmutallab (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Hon Farouk Cleared Of Any Wrong-doing by wesley80(m): 7:23pm On Nov 20, 2012
ndu_chucks: It is irresponsible to claim that Farouk was wrongfully cleared of bribery if one is not privy to the information at the disposal of the Reps.

Until you've seen the evidence used to clear Farouk, you should not be trying to be police, Judge, and Jury, all at the same time. The Reps have seen the much discussed video by Odetola, and there is nothing thein which implicates farouk of bribery - if anything, Odetola is the one who should be going to jail.

Perhaps you're right but your haste to indict Otedola worries me. However the most valuable point you've made is we arent away of information at the disposal of the Reps and as of yet information is scanty at best, is it not sad that the forums talkative clown is already jumping excitedly in celebration? SMH
Re: Hon Farouk Cleared Of Any Wrong-doing by Gbawe: 7:40pm On Nov 20, 2012
GARRI (x7):

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

grin grin grin grin grin grin We dey laff. Corruption pretending to fight corruption = Nollywood drama. Only in Nigeria while others are making progress.
Re: Hon Farouk Cleared Of Any Wrong-doing by nduchucks: 8:11pm On Nov 20, 2012
wesley80:

Perhaps you're right but your haste to indict Otedola worries me. However the most valuable point you've made is we arent away of information at the disposal of the Reps and as of yet information is scanty at best, is it not sad that the forums talkative clown is already jumping excitedly in celebration? SMH

Perhaps I am guilty of your charge regarding Odetola, my statement was based on the undisputed fact that he handed over tons of money ton Farouk.
Re: Hon Farouk Cleared Of Any Wrong-doing by lovejo(m): 8:28pm On Nov 20, 2012
House of rep can never be objective in case of farook cos they are not independent, a special committee independent of house of rep,police and efcc would be more suitable to investigate this case. Nigeria is a mocking country around the world
Re: Hon Farouk Cleared Of Any Wrong-doing by Nobody: 8:37pm On Nov 20, 2012
Who clears who ? Armed Robbery gang clear a fellow Armed Robber of wrong doing ? I wont say nothing until its official.
Re: Hon Farouk Cleared Of Any Wrong-doing by Nobody: 9:30pm On Nov 20, 2012
The man looks too pathetic!!
Re: Hon Farouk Cleared Of Any Wrong-doing by olivertwist: 10:50pm On Nov 20, 2012
Re: Hon Farouk Cleared Of Any Wrong-doing by Willy7(m): 11:08pm On Nov 20, 2012
Hehehehehe,i dont believe any sensible and matured citizen of dis country should be suprised at this news,comon we all saw it coming nau.Its not d first movie acted by d legislooters,Patricia Etteh,Elumelu,Bankole,all have acted in different episodes of d series.Its d same movie,just different episodes and newly introduced star actors.God help us

1 Like

Re: Hon Farouk Cleared Of Any Wrong-doing by taharqa: 11:17pm On Nov 20, 2012
Forget the House of Reps (what exactly did you guys expect from them ?); I believe the institution that should have done something in this case is the Executive (through the Anti-corruption Agencies) by taking Farouk to court, and it has failed so far to do so. Farouk should have been taken to court before now, period; the President ought to rectify this ASAP.

And it is about time, we began to push for the severance of the Anti-corruption Agencies from the Executive and importantly, the Separation of the Office of the Attorney-General of the Federation from the Justice minister (maybe through the on-going Constitutional Amendment process). It is not only in the interest of the nation but also in the interest of the sitting President.

This comment is made regardless of the authenticity of the 'source' of the @OP by the way.
Re: Hon Farouk Cleared Of Any Wrong-doing by 1025: 11:24pm On Nov 20, 2012
as long as pdp is in charge, we will make no head way. if a man is capable of using his own brother for sacrifice, who are u to him that he won't kill u at will.
we are under the leadership of vampires.
the day we come out and face these wicked group of men and women and bring down their kingdom, that will be the day we will begin to live like human beings.
it is biblical that from the days of John de Baptist, the kingdom of God suffereth violence and only the violent taketh it by force.
the people we call opposition yesterday in syria are now getting recognition from all over the world as the main govt. the same thing happened in egypt, tunisia and libya.
Nigerians must take their destiny in their own hands. pdp are like terrorists, we need not negotiating anything with them.
Re: Hon Farouk Cleared Of Any Wrong-doing by olivertwist: 11:25pm On Nov 20, 2012
'The Ethics Committee of the Federal House of Representatives have today Cleared Hon. Farouk Lawan of bribery allegation against him'.

Okay. So, what sayest thou 'JudiSHAREy' and 'Executhieve' about this clearance? Will thou continue to look the other way? God punish you all grin grin grin.
Re: Hon Farouk Cleared Of Any Wrong-doing by OYINBOGOJU(m): 11:31pm On Nov 20, 2012
afam4eva: This is unbelievable.

Im not interested
Re: Hon Farouk Cleared Of Any Wrong-doing by 1025: 11:40pm On Nov 20, 2012
for the first time, i am believing jonathan and it is now confirmed that he is really fighting corruption.
Re: Hon Farouk Cleared Of Any Wrong-doing by OYINBOGOJU(m): 11:56pm On Nov 20, 2012
1025: for the first time, i am believing jonathan and it is now confirmed that he is really fighting corruption.

Let his fighting be inlcuded in our constitution.........That will be the fastest bill to be passed.
Re: Hon Farouk Cleared Of Any Wrong-doing by redsun(m): 12:08am On Nov 21, 2012
This kind of magomago calls for revolution,unless of course all nigerians are criminals and mentally dead.This is more like halliburton,more like 16 billion dollars obj power generation illusion,more like bankole saga,more like the "lawmakers" over inflated and undeserve wages and more like all the ills that nigerians endures.

Nigeria is in the hands of psychopatic criminals,anybody that respects them is a subcreature like them.
Re: Hon Farouk Cleared Of Any Wrong-doing by Nobody: 12:51am On Nov 21, 2012
The national assembly is an independent arm of govt, the presidency have nothing to do with the outcome of their committee report. The truth of the matter is that the president has been having it ROUGH with the house of reps. The house of reps has the CAPABILITY to FRUSTRATE the executive,eg they may stall the budget, block crucial bills, block the proposed borrowing plan,etc. In recognition of this UNDENIABLE fact, it is only SENSIBLE for the president to thread softly. What will it profit GEJ if he puts Farouk to jail now and the house of reps in turn send his policies and programmes to jail too? First is that the country as a whole will lose and GEJ himself will be frustrated. It is lose, lose situation for all. Only MISCHIEF MAKERS like @Gbawe..,would rejoice over such situation and turn around to blame the president for doing NOTHING. For me in particular, putting Farouk in prison will not give me a 2nd Niger bridge. And if not putting Farouk in prison for now, will give me a 2nd Niger bridge, then I dont mind. Whether we like it or not, Farouk Lawan has been NAMED AND SHAMED and his political career TRUNCATED. If those who stole in the past were NAMED AND SHAMED, perhaps corruption would have reduced by now. The president is a sensible and strategic person and the sensible thing to do for NOW that his relationship with the house of reps is shaky is to put the Farouk case in the COOLER for now. Perhaps when he gets a better hold on the house of reps or in a much stronger position, he may then prosecute Farouk. This is being REALISTIC

1 Like

Re: Hon Farouk Cleared Of Any Wrong-doing by redsun(m): 1:09am On Nov 21, 2012
They are not up against the president.They and the president are against suffering nigeria.

It is the duty of nigerians to cry out and say enough is enough.It can not be any worse.
Re: Hon Farouk Cleared Of Any Wrong-doing by supereagle(m): 1:26am On Nov 21, 2012
I want to go and sleep. God save Nigeria from the hands of criminals.
Re: Hon Farouk Cleared Of Any Wrong-doing by freebloke: 2:34am On Nov 21, 2012
***anytin don in the darkness will be reaveld in the lightness***
Re: Hon Farouk Cleared Of Any Wrong-doing by Nobody: 3:15am On Nov 21, 2012
God are u lookin at Nigeria dat u created turn into a movie house? Is dis wat u want? Let me not question u oh my Father in heaven.
Re: Hon Farouk Cleared Of Any Wrong-doing by seunadeolu(m): 4:22am On Nov 21, 2012
MAYBE THE GOVERNMENT SHOULD JUST SET ASIDE A DAY TO CELEBRATE CORRUPTION,IT WILL BE WORTHWHILE undecided
Re: Hon Farouk Cleared Of Any Wrong-doing by Nobody: 4:39am On Nov 21, 2012
Cheiii I am short of words.
Re: Hon Farouk Cleared Of Any Wrong-doing by onatisi(m): 5:55am On Nov 21, 2012
Sincere 9gerian: The national assembly is an independent arm of govt, the presidency have nothing to do with the outcome of their committee report. The truth of the matter is that the president has been having it ROUGH with the house of reps. The house of reps has the CAPABILITY to FRUSTRATE the executive,eg they may stall the budget, block crucial bills, block the proposed borrowing plan,etc. In recognition of this UNDENIABLE fact, it is only SENSIBLE for the president to thread softly. What will it profit GEJ if he puts Farouk to jail now and the house of reps in turn send his policies and programmes to jail too? First is that the country as a whole will lose and GEJ himself will be frustrated. It is lose, lose situation for all. Only MISCHIEF MAKERS like @Gbawe..,would rejoice over such situation and turn around to blame the president for doing NOTHING. For me in particular, putting Farouk in prison will not give me a 2nd Niger bridge. And if not putting Farouk in prison for now, will give me a 2nd Niger bridge, then I dont mind. Whether we like it or not, Farouk Lawan has been NAMED AND SHAMED and his political career TRUNCATED. If those who stole in the past were NAMED AND SHAMED, perhaps corruption would have reduced by now. The president is a sensible and strategic person and the sensible thing to do for NOW that his relationship with the house of reps is shaky is to put the Farouk case in the COOLER for now. Perhaps when he gets a better hold on the house of reps or in a much stronger position, he may then prosecute Farouk. This is being REALISTIC
you have a solid point
Re: Hon Farouk Cleared Of Any Wrong-doing by GARRIx7(m): 10:40am On Nov 21, 2012
Sincere 9gerian: The national assembly is an independent arm of govt, the presidency have nothing to do with the outcome of their committee report. The truth of the matter is that the president has been having it ROUGH with the house of reps.
The house of reps has the CAPABILITY to FRUSTRATE the executive,eg they may stall the budget, block crucial bills, block the proposed borrowing plan,etc. In recognition of this UNDENIABLE fact, it is only SENSIBLE for the president to thread softly. What will it profit GEJ if he puts Farouk to jail now and the house of reps in turn send his policies and programmes to jail too? First is that the country as a whole will lose and GEJ himself will be frustrated. It is lose, lose situation for all. Only MISCHIEF MAKERS like @Gbawe..,would rejoice over such situation and turn around to blame the president for doing NOTHING. For me in particular, putting Farouk in prison will not give me a 2nd Niger bridge. And if not putting Farouk in prison for now, will give me a 2nd Niger bridge, then I dont mind. Whether we like it or not, Farouk Lawan has been NAMED AND SHAMED and his political career TRUNCATED. If those who stole in the past were NAMED AND SHAMED, perhaps corruption would have reduced by now. The president is a sensible and strategic person and the sensible thing to do for NOW that his relationship with the house of reps is shaky is to put the Farouk case in the COOLER for now. Perhaps when he gets a better hold on the house of reps or in a much stronger position, he may then prosecute Farouk. This is being REALISTIC

So GEJ (through the Anti-Corruption Agencies) let a thief (Farouk) go scot-free in order to maintain a good relationship with the House of Rep... right??
I've never heard a more silly defense for an administration's ineptitude in fighting corruption.

It means EFCC, ICPC, SSS, NPF are all failures.

Maybe they never actually had a case against Farouk, cos if they did, his Fellow Dishonorables would leave him in to dry....

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Attack On Emir: Presidency Hits Back At Buhari / Anambra 2013:who Among These Gorvernorship Candidates Would Bring Devlopment / Tambuwal Storms NASS Without Security Details

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.