Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,508 members, 7,830,520 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 01:11 AM

Hot Girls Dont Make Good Wives? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Hot Girls Dont Make Good Wives? (5200 Views)

The Types Of Ladies That Can Never Be Good Wives / Pls Do Russian Woman Makes Good Wives For 9gerian Men Both Home And Abroad (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Hot Girls Dont Make Good Wives? by julimax(m): 7:54pm On Nov 20, 2012
I get to understand that most guys i knew as bachelors with hot girlfriends end up with not so attractive wives. When my close friend introduced me to the girl he wanted to marry, i was taken aback undecided as i knew the kind of girls he dated. Now I'm searching for mine and i seem to understand that most pretty [hot] girls [i don't mean all of them oh wink] just don't have the simple qualities i want from a good wife which is maturity and sense of responsibility. Checking the profile of most married guys i know, i can see that they had hotter girlfriends than the wives they settled with. So, I need advice from more experienced folks here, do i have to scrap appearance if i want a good wife? sad

1 Like

Re: Hot Girls Dont Make Good Wives? by 190theclown: 8:02pm On Nov 20, 2012
Present day Nigerian girls do not make Good wives

I'm yet to-see any change that fact
Despite I'm currently dating 4 of dem I prefer my 2 oyinbos grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Hot Girls Dont Make Good Wives? by Nobody: 8:33pm On Nov 20, 2012
cos the hot ones are wooed constantly so maybe the guys don't want so much competition plus there's this saying that one that kills with a knife never allows a knife to pass around his back so maybe they are afraid of marrying the beautiful ladies thinking that they are as promiscous as the ones they had sexcapades with

1 Like

Re: Hot Girls Dont Make Good Wives? by Dsage1: 9:44pm On Nov 20, 2012
190-the-clown:
Present day Nigerian girls do not make Good wives

I'm yet to-see any change that fact
Despite I'm currently dating 4 of dem I prefer my 2 oyinbos grin grin

Dating 4 nigeria girls, 2 oyinbos = 6 girls. I thought u always claimed u got 7 GF?

1 Like

Re: Hot Girls Dont Make Good Wives? by Nobody: 9:46pm On Nov 20, 2012
lalaosky: cos the hot ones are wooed constantly so maybe the guys don't want so much competition plus there's this saying that one that kills with a knife never allows a knife to pass around his back so maybe they are afraid of marrying the beautiful ladies thinking that they are as promiscous as the ones they had sexcapades with

That means they're terribly insecure. Not sexy ... undecided
Re: Hot Girls Dont Make Good Wives? by engrtee(f): 10:44pm On Nov 20, 2012
Hot gals arent faithful. Ugly gals are ??

2 Likes

Re: Hot Girls Dont Make Good Wives? by Nobody: 11:02pm On Nov 20, 2012
carefreewannabe:

That means they're terribly insecure. Not sexy ... undecided

yeah but some hot beautifull gurls tend to flirt a lot so that might be their reason
Re: Hot Girls Dont Make Good Wives? by Nobody: 11:39pm On Nov 20, 2012
This is a vital topic and pretty ladies out there need to start looking inwardly at their individual lives. Pls stop seeing all these observations as bashing, it shows that the men are concerned and they care about you ladies and that's y they are crying for positive change, plz don't misinterprete their intentions, at least we all are here to learn from each other.

In order words if u as a lady know anything that u always observe in guys that u would love them to adjust too, kindly n honestly air it here, that's y we are here to learn.

Meanwhile, as a guy who has some married and about to be married male friends and colleagues, I believe the problem lies here:

1. The so-called hot girls are always living a mirror life and a wishy-wishy life hoping to be married to the richest and most handsome men in town and in the process, hardly give normal guys a chance, and most times they stress the guys a lot and they have too much drama in their lives.

2. Promiscuity is also a factor that men fear n why most honourable men you see today are married to not so pretty women cos they want peace and happiness to enable them concentrate in building their careers, businesses, etc.

3. The so called hot ladies most often rely so much on their physical beauty alone and most times end up neglecting to develop their inner beauty (character, manner) and other vital female qualities men look out for in a wife, viz: humility, patience, endurance, good manner, kitchen skills, friendship, good communication (most hot girls can't communicate effectively out of either shyness, pride or arogance).

BRB

6 Likes

Re: Hot Girls Dont Make Good Wives? by pleep(m): 2:25am On Nov 21, 2012
Less attractive chicks are superior to the hotties in every single way. (except looks) I thinks somewhere around 7.5 to 8 is the perfect number, any higher than this and the girl has issues. Bad conversation.. insecurities etc.

Poor hotties tho sad its not their fault, people have been treating them weird since 8th grade that is why they are such a mess.

1 Like

Re: Hot Girls Dont Make Good Wives? by julimax(m): 12:18am On Nov 22, 2012
DailyNews: This is a vital topic and pretty ladies out there need to start looking inwardly at their individual lives. Pls stop seeing all these observations as bashing, it shows that the men are concerned and they care about you ladies and that's y they are crying for positive change, plz don't misinterprete their intentions, at least we all are here to learn from each other.

In order words if u as a lady know anything that u always observe in guys that u would love them to adjust too, kindly n honestly air it here, that's y we are here to learn.

Meanwhile, as a guy who has some married and about to be married male friends and colleagues, I believe the problem lies here:

1. The so-called hot girls are always living a mirror life and a wishy-wishy life hoping to be married to the richest and most handsome men in town and in the process, hardly give normal guys a chance, and most times they stress the guys a lot and they have too much drama in their lives.

2. Promiscuity is also a factor that men fear n why most honourable men you see today are married to not so pretty women cos they want peace and happiness to enable them concentrate in building their careers, businesses, etc.

3. The so called hot ladies most often rely so much on their physical beauty alone and most times end up neglecting to develop their inner beauty (character, manner) and other vital female qualities men look out for in a wife, viz: humility, patience, endurance, good manner, kitchen skills, friendship, good communication (most hot girls can't communicate effectively out of either shyness, pride or arogance).

BRB
you really got the polnt
Re: Hot Girls Dont Make Good Wives? by kittykat1(f): 1:42am On Nov 22, 2012
I will be very different. What do you really mean by hot?

Your own experienece might be diff from mine. I concur that wisemen always look out for character 1st and physical attribute is secondary. The emphaisis is on wisemen. There are follish men who prefer hotness and its only when they enter the soup that they realize their mistakes.

That is not to say that there are no hot ladies with good character. There are lots of them but they are few. On the other hand there also some ordinary looking women with wor wor character.

Just like some ladies will say that good looking guys don't make the best of spouses. Its not really true. The cover of a book doesn't always dictate the content. My Oga is hotter than what I ever dreamt of and he is one guy that I would want to be with again if there is a second life.
Re: Hot Girls Dont Make Good Wives? by dammytex: 3:11pm On Nov 22, 2012
I think its more of easy assumption than reality.

But then, hotter ladies know they will always have more options which can get into their heads. Less pretty girls understand their condition and tend to maximize it by building character.

My HR said he prefers to employ fifteen 2:2 graduates in a team that interfaces with customer and production while employing only one 1st class and probably two 2:1s into research and development
Reason, 2:2 graduates will always want to impress and justify their worth thereby improving productivity together with also sharing ideas. 1st class employees believe the know it all.

2 Likes

Re: Hot Girls Dont Make Good Wives? by dmcdad: 3:31pm On Nov 22, 2012
julimax: I get to understand that most guys i knew as bachelors with hot girlfriends end up with not so attractive wives. When my close friend introduced me to the girl he wanted to marry, i was taken aback undecided as i knew the kind of girls he dated. Now I'm searching for mine and i seem to understand that most pretty [hot] girls [i don't mean all of them oh wink] just don't have the simple qualities i want from a good wife which is maturity and sense of responsibility. Checking the profile of most married guys i know, i can see that they had hotter girlfriends than the wives they settled with. So, I need advice from more experienced folks here, do i have to scrap appearance if i want a good wife? sad

Hell Yeah! Appearance should not be a yardstick for getting to marry a gurl buh that doesn't mean there ain't hot gurlz who are good, although they are relatively few. Anywayz, what I propose to people as regards getting a life partner is that they should focus more on the contents of the container rather than the container itself. I ain't saying you should end up with a super-ugly gurl or whatsoever, all I'm saying is that the said one should have the salient and paramount qualities that lies latent in every good woman because believe it or not if you go for beauty alone without taking into account the nitty-gritty, the beauty wont sustain you for long (at most 3-5 yearz) before it fades in your eyes buh if u marry a virtuous woman that proverbs talks about, u'll know that marriage is really a blessing to your heart & soul and you'll know happiness all through ur days on earth, not forgetting the fact that you will live long. Buh if you choose to go for beauty without taking cognizance of the recipes that makes up a good and virtuous woman, make use of ur teeth to count your tongue and know the outcome in the long run. Wish u all the best bruv...
Re: Hot Girls Dont Make Good Wives? by Nobody: 5:26pm On Nov 22, 2012
kitty kat:
That is not to say that there are no hot ladies with good character. There are lots of them but they are few.
What's the meaning of the bolded? Are u nt overtly contradicting ur statement?
Re: Hot Girls Dont Make Good Wives? by Nobody: 5:55pm On Nov 22, 2012
undecided undecided
Re: Hot Girls Dont Make Good Wives? by Nobody: 6:13pm On Nov 22, 2012
The hotness in them doesn't cool off easily.
Re: Hot Girls Dont Make Good Wives? by OgidiOlu3(m): 6:41pm On Nov 22, 2012
Honestly, when i saw Desperate Housewives, my perception of hot gals changed. I'll choose a Lynette or Susan ten times over Gabrielle. Hot galz are always carried away by their looks, they feel they can get anything with it. Not all of them though.
Re: Hot Girls Dont Make Good Wives? by Nobody: 7:17pm On Nov 22, 2012
Ogidi-Olu:
Honestly, when i saw Desperate Housewives, my perception of hot gals changed. I'll choose a Lynette or Susan ten times over Gabrielle. Hot galz are always carried away by their looks, they feel they can get anything with it. Not all of them though.

lol...
Re: Hot Girls Dont Make Good Wives? by wissezy: 7:25pm On Nov 22, 2012
Gibberish!!!
Re: Hot Girls Dont Make Good Wives? by Mynd44: 7:38pm On Nov 22, 2012
This is in the line of thought that says that blondes are dumb. Guess what? Not all are
Re: Hot Girls Dont Make Good Wives? by Nobody: 7:43pm On Nov 22, 2012
julimax: I get to understand that most guys i knew as bachelors with hot girlfriends end up with not so attractive wives. When my close friend introduced me to the girl he wanted to marry, i was taken aback undecided as i knew the kind of girls he dated. Now I'm searching for mine and i seem to understand that most pretty [hot] girls [i don't mean all of them oh wink] just don't have the simple qualities i want from a good wife which is maturity and sense of responsibility. Checking the profile of most married guys i know, i can see that they had hotter girlfriends than the wives they settled with. So, I need advice from more experienced folks here, do i have to scrap appearance if i want a good wife? sad
if u scrap appearance when looking for ur wife, thanks fine...but i find it very offense for u to say beautiful women dont make good wives! angry
Re: Hot Girls Dont Make Good Wives? by pleep(m): 7:44pm On Nov 22, 2012
Ogidi-Olu:
That chick is too hot.
Re: Hot Girls Dont Make Good Wives? by 190theclown: 9:13pm On Nov 22, 2012
D sage:

Dating 4 nigeria girls, 2 oyinbos = 6 girls. I thought u always claimed u got 7 GF?

I've driven one away cos its xmas
Re: Hot Girls Dont Make Good Wives? by Dsage1: 9:33pm On Nov 22, 2012
smiley
190-the-clown:

I've driven one away cos its xmas

Hahahahaaa! Can I borrow one of d remaining six for xmas? Promise to return her by january 3rd.
Re: Hot Girls Dont Make Good Wives? by 2sexy(m): 9:56pm On Nov 22, 2012
I think it depends.

But if the girl in questions fine like angel, there is heavy tendency that she will not be a good wife material.

Ah that reminds me of Angel Yeah... Angel was her name and she was truly an angel in every sense. Tall, dark( ebony) with curves in the right places but she lacked the wife attributes. This is not a made up stuff but real life because this said girls was a friend to my elder sister, but they werent very closed that much. I was still little but can still remember some part of it. She was really popular.

She once worked out from a wedding wherein everyone was already sitting. The wedding was supposed to be with a guy based in London.

She wanted to go back to a guy whom she one dumped because he is now based in London.

But the last I heard about her was that she was married to one doctor but I doubt that marriage lasted.

Okay, I will find out and let you guys know about it.

Like I said, it depend because my close friend had one with beauty and also a wife material. Na food, she sabi am, na baking, she sabi am and very cool for a smart guy. I respect that girl a lot. Despite her beauty she still maitained good qualities of a wife.

Unlike those who wan have 'fun' like what one ediot told and still expect you to keep them at home as wife...
Re: Hot Girls Dont Make Good Wives? by Sweetlemon(f): 10:32pm On Nov 22, 2012
Can any of u here tell me that u have never seen @ least 5 roadside prostitutes or 5 runs girls who are not-so-attractive? Can u say u have never seen @ least 5 not-so-fine girls who backbite, gossip, or nag? Can u tell me that u haven't seen up to 5 ugly or not-so-fine girls whose GPA in school were low? If your answer is no, then u will agree with me that whoever that came up with the belief that hot girls are not good wife materials was either a not-so-attractive girl trying to console herself for being plain or a guy trying to console himself for not being able marry a hottie
Re: Hot Girls Dont Make Good Wives? by Nobody: 10:36pm On Nov 22, 2012
Ogidi-Olu:

Desperate Houswives is a series, not real life. You know that, right?

Lynett and Susan are attractive, too. One of my male friends prefers Susan to Gabrielle. It'S subjective.

Apart from that, NOT all attractive ladies think they can get away with anything. Not ALL ugly chicks are good characters.
Re: Hot Girls Dont Make Good Wives? by pleep(m): 10:51pm On Nov 22, 2012
Just because you prefer Susan doesn't mean the vast majority doesn't agree that Gabrielle is more attractive. People need to learn to understand things in generalities.

Peoples behavior is largely shaped by how people treat them, so if most ppl agree that Gabrielle is very beautiful, and thus treat her like a godess, it is more likely to shape her personality. However with someone like Susan, who only a few think is special, it is unlikely that peoples perception of her beauty will have a great effect on her.

Simple logic ppl wink
Re: Hot Girls Dont Make Good Wives? by Nobody: 10:56pm On Nov 22, 2012
pleep: Just because you prefer Susan doesn't mean the vast majority doesn't agree that Gabrielle is more attractive. People need to learn to understand things in generalities.

Peoples behavior is largely shaped by how people treat them, so if most ppl agree that Gabrielle is very beautiful and thus treat her like a godess, it is more likely to shape her personality. However, with someone like Susan, who only a few think is special, it is unlikely that this will have a great effect on her.

Simple logic ppl wink

Learn to read.
Re: Hot Girls Dont Make Good Wives? by pleep(m): 11:00pm On Nov 22, 2012
basically you don't understand generalizations.

Apart from that, NOT all attractive ladies think they can get away with anything. Not ALL ugly chicks are good characters.
Of course not, learn to understand generalities

Lynett and Susan are attractive, too. One of my male friends prefers Susan to Gabrielle. It'S subjective.
Of course its subjective, but most prefer Gabrielle. Learn to understand generalities.

Desperate Houswives is a series, not real life. You know that, right?
Of course not, learn to understand examples.
Re: Hot Girls Dont Make Good Wives? by Sirmee(m): 11:44pm On Nov 22, 2012
Rarely does beauty and brain dwell together.
Re: Hot Girls Dont Make Good Wives? by Sagamite(m): 2:32pm On Nov 23, 2012
kitty kat:
Your own experienece might be diff from mine. I concur that wisemen always look out for character 1st and physical attribute is secondary. The emphaisis is on wisemen. There are follish men who prefer hotness and its only when they enter the soup that they realize their mistakes.

Maybe you are right about wisemen.

But I must add that geniuses look out for character and physical attribute simultaneously first and if they can't find such, they stay single and bang the hot girls without character.

Genius pass wisemen in levels.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

*~D-Explorer Voted Romance Section Poster Of 2012 *~ Congratulations / Woman Walks Naked Boyfriend On Leash (pics And Image) / Who Is The Slut?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.