Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,680 members, 7,816,782 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:04 PM

Nigeria Ranked Worst Place To Be Born In 2013 - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria Ranked Worst Place To Be Born In 2013 (21713 Views)

Describe Your Governor's Performance In 2013 In One Word? / The Best And Worst Places To Be Born In The World In 2013. / Nigeria: 158th Best Place To Live Or 25th Worst Place To Live (from Undp) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Ranked Worst Place To Be Born In 2013 by Nobody: 7:03am On Nov 22, 2012
I know that there are so many countries worse than Nigeria. Most of the people that compile these kind of lists don't even know anything about Nigeria. This is the same way some people talk about Africa like it's one country, saying Africa is a 'hell hole' and so on. It's disgusting cause most of them have never left their towns not to talk of their countries, not to talk of their continents and then they talk like they've gone all the way to Nigeria. Some people are so ignorant that they don't know that there are millions of white Africans (Algeria, Tunisia, Morrocco etc). All these compiled lists are just crap and are not to be believed infact the media is useless and most of the time, spreads false news.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Ranked Worst Place To Be Born In 2013 by ronnietilo: 7:03am On Nov 22, 2012
absolute RUBBISH!!!.. What was used to arrive at this rating?

These people don't even know anything about nigeria asides the biased information they get from their media...
Re: Nigeria Ranked Worst Place To Be Born In 2013 by Super1759: 7:04am On Nov 22, 2012
excuse me, countries in the world are not just 80, so you can't just generalised your statement. According to UN, we have 193 countries. That means Nigeria is among the best 80 and not the worst.
193-80 is 113, so we have other countries worse than nigeria. please the fooooool that wrote this should correct it
Re: Nigeria Ranked Worst Place To Be Born In 2013 by DANILSA(m): 7:04am On Nov 22, 2012
solomon111: Go to hell with your useless post.
Why not pray to be born in pakistan,or afghanistan.
Moronn
thanks for taking the words off my mind.
Re: Nigeria Ranked Worst Place To Be Born In 2013 by gbadexy(m): 7:05am On Nov 22, 2012
Where is somalia in the list? Although countries like afghanistan and iraq may be troubled, they still enjoy the basic things in life.
But I know there are worst countries than nigeria to be born, talk of somalia or mali or chad.
Re: Nigeria Ranked Worst Place To Be Born In 2013 by Tinynita(f): 7:05am On Nov 22, 2012
i'm proud of my country anytym anyday....proudly 9ja...9ja no dey carry last...we aint dulling jare...i'm so in luv wit 9ja....1 luv my pipo...God bless Nigeria....peace

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Ranked Worst Place To Be Born In 2013 by EchikaChina: 7:06am On Nov 22, 2012
solomon111: Go to hell with your useless post.
Why not pray to be born in pakistan,or afghanistan.
Moronn
YOU ARE A PERFECT EXAMPLE OF WHY THEY RATED NIGERIA THIS LOW. A PERSON WHO LED A DECENT CIVILIZED LIFE WILL NOT THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN ISSUES AND ATTACKING THE PERSON WHO RAISED THE ISSUES.

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Ranked Worst Place To Be Born In 2013 by Amazondepth(m): 7:07am On Nov 22, 2012
With which criteria were this figures arrived @?and sadly some low life Nigerians are celebrating this rubbish in acknowledgement!make una go born una children for sudan,Eritrea,somalia and Afghanistan!don't b fooled,we may not b there yet but Nigeria is indeed a great Nation.watch Aljazeera 'witness' u go understand.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Ranked Worst Place To Be Born In 2013 by opone72: 7:07am On Nov 22, 2012
I don't give a crap about their nonsense ratings
Re: Nigeria Ranked Worst Place To Be Born In 2013 by EchikaChina: 7:10am On Nov 22, 2012
mister.hillz:
I am so proud to be a Nigerian and in my next life i will still be a Nigerian!!!
FAKE..... AND WHEN YOU SECURE AMERICAN OR BRITISH VISA, YOU VISIT UR PASTOR FOR THANKSGIVING.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Ranked Worst Place To Be Born In 2013 by Temi99(m): 7:13am On Nov 22, 2012
Nigeria dey carry last naw....
Re: Nigeria Ranked Worst Place To Be Born In 2013 by odehaj: 7:13am On Nov 22, 2012
MYSTERY is, did you or the researcher chose his/her country of birth?Believe in God,believe also in his prophets(not fake),believe in yourself and you shall be established,prosper&achieve yor dreams!"A Lizard in Nigeria cannot become a crocodile in Switzerland"~Wale Oke.
Re: Nigeria Ranked Worst Place To Be Born In 2013 by OniJohn: 7:13am On Nov 22, 2012
Can this be communicated to d presidency please...
Re: Nigeria Ranked Worst Place To Be Born In 2013 by Nobody: 7:14am On Nov 22, 2012
mister.hillz:
I am so proud to be a Nigerian and in my next life i will still be a Nigerian!!!

Yeah rit! Keep on deceiving yourself
Re: Nigeria Ranked Worst Place To Be Born In 2013 by denitro(m): 7:17am On Nov 22, 2012
mister.hillz:

Hahaha
Pathetic
Re: Nigeria Ranked Worst Place To Be Born In 2013 by drnoel: 7:17am On Nov 22, 2012
Was disappointed when I read all ur comments. U guys should know Nigeria carried last cos of our disinterest in keeping relevant use able data-
Re: Nigeria Ranked Worst Place To Be Born In 2013 by kelvino25(m): 7:18am On Nov 22, 2012
ogugua88: Considering that there's no Iraq, Afghanistan, Somalia, Sudan, or Congo, one way to look at it is that Nigeria is among the 80 best nations in which to be born. We shouldn't rejoice, but that's another perspective because, last time I checked, there are more than 80 nations comprising planet Earth.
. My thought exactly. You are very smart and I like that. When everybody is thinking alike, then nobody is thinking.
Re: Nigeria Ranked Worst Place To Be Born In 2013 by samfibby(m): 7:21am On Nov 22, 2012
Echika China: FAKE..... AND WHEN YOU SECURE AMERICAN OR BRITISH VISA, YOU VISIT UR PASTOR FOR THANKSGIVING.

How low can u go. No country would like to have your type as a citizen. I smh....

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Ranked Worst Place To Be Born In 2013 by Nobody: 7:21am On Nov 22, 2012
If I read the title of the chart correctly,it said "the where to be born index" not "the where not to be born index" so technically speaking, the logistics speaks good of my country Nigeria and not bad. Another way to label that chart is "80 nations where children will be better of in 2013" it only tells us we are in good shape and with little effort we should be topping that list.
Ileke.... How would you like to put to bed in afghanistan or gaza? WAKE UP my dear. Its people like you that kill our cultural values and promote racism.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Ranked Worst Place To Be Born In 2013 by 1ndidi2(f): 7:22am On Nov 22, 2012
After my sweet sleep last night,which kind bad topic dis early mõr mor
Even though people call me 'unfortunate oyibo'- am still lucky/happy to be born in my 9ja abeg

What rubbish post is this!angry

The people that said these things must be SILLY!

Make dem no make mistake enta 9ja! because na dat time dem go understand d meaning of 'worst place to be born!mtcheew!
Re: Nigeria Ranked Worst Place To Be Born In 2013 by JubalTheophilus: 7:23am On Nov 22, 2012
The reason Y Nigeria was in dat list was because they know that Nigeria is a country with so much potentials but r not living up to it,so they derserve 2 b in dat list. Have u been 2 our general hospitals & see how our babies are born under rotten conditions.am sure a few of u were opportuned to be born in2 homes that can afford ur basic needs so u dont care or empathize ,to know what others r going thru. Critism put a person on d defensive,but a wise man will learn from it. Let us fight 2 make Nig a better place & prove to the world we can be better.

4 Likes

Re: Nigeria Ranked Worst Place To Be Born In 2013 by Nobody: 7:24am On Nov 22, 2012
please, tell us how many countries there are in the world, its definitely not 80 and its not the worst african country, still beats some countries in some geo-political zones around the globe. things are bad, but to make progress...you have to value yourself, else, you'll end up jumping off a bridge. Beats Somalia, Rwanda, Mali, syria, afghanistan, iraq, maybe mexico, ... so we are definitely not the worst anyway
Re: Nigeria Ranked Worst Place To Be Born In 2013 by Ignatio(m): 7:24am On Nov 22, 2012
Rick Ross' video must have been used as a criterion.
Re: Nigeria Ranked Worst Place To Be Born In 2013 by Dawdy(m): 7:26am On Nov 22, 2012
Nigeria with Good leaders is the best country to be born, we have natural resourse to survive, Good weather, Rich lands for Agriculture. No earthquake, No horricane, just to mention few. Allah has blessed Us Realy!
Re: Nigeria Ranked Worst Place To Be Born In 2013 by slimpoppa(m): 7:27am On Nov 22, 2012
Chai! See levels.
Re: Nigeria Ranked Worst Place To Be Born In 2013 by kawkab: 7:27am On Nov 22, 2012
silica(m): There are 193 members of the United Nations. Unfortunately, the number 193 is too often used to represent the number of countries in the world. Although this number represents almost all of the countries in the world, there are still independent countries such as the Vatican City and Kosovo, that are independent and are not members of the U.N.
U.S. Department of State
The United States' State Department recognizes 195 independent countries around the world. Their list of 195 countries reflects the political agenda of the United States of America and its allies. Missing from the State Department's list is one entity that may or may not be considered a country, depending on who you talk to.

From this information, it means there 115 worse countries than Nigeria that you could be born into. If you feel My Nigeria is the worse place to be born, it only reflect where you stand now. It means your life isnt worth it, " meaning say your parents no try". As for me and my household, we couldnt have been born in a better country than Naija. If you no like am here, go hug trasformer or enter slave ship go America or Europe.

zeem_bab: Very funny.....

I always wondered if all these strange statistics are to bring Nigeria down.

Nigeria may not be the best country...but I have been to worst places on earth even outside Africa.

Mexico is an example of such place. A country that share border with almighty united state, but I thank God I was not born their.

Back home in Africa, Nigeria is far better with lot of opportunities than even Kenya ranked better us. Where is Sierra Leone, Guinnea, Togo, Congo,
Mali even Cameroon.

These are countries that when I visited, I did special thanks giving for being born in Nigeria.

I would like to advise that we should stop posting sensational news that drag the name of our country in mud.

We are far better than most of these countries....just imagine how possible is it that Nigeria produce the richest black man on earth with staggering $12 Billion worth if it is the worst place to be born.

I wish to appreciate the two posts above.

A lot of nairalanders read just without stopping to think first before making their comment. We seize very opportunity to run down our country.

Things may not be rosy here but opportunities abound and new ones are opening up everyday. I love Nigeria, no matter what we are passing through, we are not what others thing we are.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Ranked Worst Place To Be Born In 2013 by 2sexy(m): 7:28am On Nov 22, 2012
*Ileke-IdI:

Is that a question or a statement
And you made the same mistake you were trying to correct. where is your question mark? Did you eat it?

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Ranked Worst Place To Be Born In 2013 by samfibby(m): 7:29am On Nov 22, 2012
drnoel: Was disappointed when I read all ur comments. U guys should know Nigeria carried last cos of our disinterest in keeping relevant use able data-

No..No no. I think nigeria carried last becos, they judged us by the amount of well reported, negative news they read on the internet without actually paying a visit. Nigeria in bad shape is good news to the global. Come to think of it, how many times does Nigeria make the headline in good light. There are lots of great things happening in the country that wont make the headline simply becos Nigeria's good news is not news to the world. They would rather read about boko haram, bad roads, corruption and all that.

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Ranked Worst Place To Be Born In 2013 by abohrandy: 7:29am On Nov 22, 2012
make wuna no dey beef naija joor

pipo weh dey born for naija don die abi dey neva grow up to become great peeps? na wa to wuna oh!!
Re: Nigeria Ranked Worst Place To Be Born In 2013 by chinedumo(m): 7:30am On Nov 22, 2012
ogugua88: Considering that there's no Iraq, Afghanistan, Somalia, Sudan, or Congo, one way to look at it is that Nigeria is among the 80 best nations in which to be born. We shouldn't rejoice, but that's another perspective because, last time I checked, there are more than 80 nations comprising planet Earth.
this is smart
Re: Nigeria Ranked Worst Place To Be Born In 2013 by Temi99(m): 7:30am On Nov 22, 2012
Tinynita: i'm proud of my country anytym anyday....proudly 9ja...9ja no dey carry last...we aint dulling jare...i'm so in luv wit 9ja....1 luv my pipo...God bless Nigeria....peace
9ja dey carry last naw...
Re: Nigeria Ranked Worst Place To Be Born In 2013 by lekkie073(m): 7:30am On Nov 22, 2012
nigeria my beloved country. u rank number one in my heart.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Jonathan And John Mahama At Achebe's Burial (Pictures) / ICPC Recovers 165 Rounds Of Ammunition, Dangerous Weapons From Sanusi’s House / Wike To Shut Down Port Harcourt Slaughter Market, Gives Traders 2 Weeks To Leave

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.