Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,477 members, 7,823,110 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 01:30 AM

Halima Abubakar - I Shaved My Head To Honour Cancer Survivors - Celebrities (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Halima Abubakar - I Shaved My Head To Honour Cancer Survivors (9591 Views)

Osas Ighodaro Stuns In Her Wedding Dress; Hubby Gbenro Ajibade Shaved His Dreads / Did Halima Abubakar Shade A Fan Who Made Mockery Of Her Dress On Instagram..see / Halima Abubakar:"I Wanted To Commit Suicide Because I Was Broke"(Pic) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply)

Re: Halima Abubakar - I Shaved My Head To Honour Cancer Survivors by stellaeze12(f): 10:05pm On Nov 22, 2012
Who cares
Re: Halima Abubakar - I Shaved My Head To Honour Cancer Survivors by legendprac(m): 6:56am On Nov 23, 2012
Missy_B:
Are you really comparing George's case to this? undecided
This lady did not cut her hair and donate it for wig making for those who lost their hair due to medical conditions, she did not donate a sum of her money to encourage research, she did not initiate a cancer awareness program nor did she encourage fundraising . . .She simply shaved her head. To honor cancer victims? Like, how? How's she more ''creative'' (as you put it) or paying more honor to the victims than Amber Rose to whom it's just a lovely hairstyle?

George left his comfort zone to protest, now that's some effective course of action. His motive could have been to motivate people to do likewise. What is Halima's? Do we all shave our heads so as to ''honor'' the victims? Would she/we continuously shave our heads for as long as they are bald? If not, knowing that ''honoring'' them is that important to their well-being, why honor them shortly, it should be a thing of forever, no?

The question still remains - How does Halima's hairstyle help the victims and/or potential victims?
As earlier said, there are tons of ways to reach out, this isn't one of 'em.

Please, there are a good number of cancer awareness programs out there, the message is being passed across everyday and it is usually presented in a captivating manner. . .If you do not listen to those voices and words, you very much likely won't listen to the non-existent message Halima's extraordinarily round head is passing across either.

Disappointed...
Re: Halima Abubakar - I Shaved My Head To Honour Cancer Survivors by legendprac(m): 7:00am On Nov 23, 2012
Busy_body:

IN addition to Mcbab's contribution, it is a sacrificial giving kinda thing, it has been happening a lot in the Western world for yonks, and it has an impressive track record with celebrities knocking themselves out to partake in such, so i guess Nigeria is just catchimg up to it. Some people volunteer to run marathons, some go bungee jumping, some climb mountains, some shave off locks of their hair, some dye their hair a funny colour, or do whatever floats their boats... This is done in conjunction with Cancer and other charities to promote their cause so how can it be an insensitive thing to do, and it attracts financial donations too in addition to the awareness it creates :-/

Thank u and Mcbab... I wonder y it is so difficult for us to think in naija. Like someone said, it's only when a relative of ours is involved dat we react to issues like this... So pathetic...

(1) (2) (Reply)

Video:obama Fried Chicken Is A Chinese Kfc Restaurant In Beijing / Tiwa Savage's Hubby TeeBillz Posts Picture Of Himself Shitting In Burj Al Arab / Popular Nollywood Actress, Moyo Lawal Leak Her S€x Tape

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.