Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,470 members, 7,816,115 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:18 AM

Parapet Roofing Support Building In Ebonyi State - Properties (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Parapet Roofing Support Building In Ebonyi State (61139 Views)

Pre Cast Parapet, Roofing And Finish Of A Duplex In Umuahia / Parapet Roofing Questions $ Answers / Parapet, Concrete Fascia, and other roofing styles. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Parapet Roofing Support Building In Ebonyi State by spyder880(m): 10:53pm On Jan 02, 2013
The whole wood work now completed

Re: Parapet Roofing Support Building In Ebonyi State by olubuffett: 10:55pm On Jan 02, 2013
Happy New year Spyder!

What is the height of this your roof? no be small thing o.
Re: Parapet Roofing Support Building In Ebonyi State by spyder880(m): 11:01pm On Jan 02, 2013
olubuffett: Happy New year Spyder!

What is the height of this your roof? no be small thing o.

The roof stands at 18ft. Long time bros, this year, all your dreams must come true!
Re: Parapet Roofing Support Building In Ebonyi State by spyder880(m): 12:07am On Jan 08, 2013
We are making final arrangements to bring in the aluminum sheets for this house. Fixing work will resume as soon as we bring in the sheets.
Re: Parapet Roofing Support Building In Ebonyi State by olubuffett: 12:25am On Jan 08, 2013
spyder880:

The roof stands at 18ft. Long time bros, this year, all your dreams must come true!

AMEN BRO. Are you only doing the roof or will you be doing the finishing?
Re: Parapet Roofing Support Building In Ebonyi State by spyder880(m): 12:40am On Jan 08, 2013
olubuffett:

AMEN BRO. Are you only doing the roof or will you be doing the finishing?

The whole works, we are prepared to move higher this year and my main focus will be on finishing
Re: Parapet Roofing Support Building In Ebonyi State by spyder880(m): 10:28pm On Jan 09, 2013
The time has come to show the results for this parapet works, as we are about to see the real works after the wood were taken off.

Re: Parapet Roofing Support Building In Ebonyi State by spyder880(m): 10:34pm On Jan 09, 2013
more pictures

Re: Parapet Roofing Support Building In Ebonyi State by spyder880(m): 10:40pm On Jan 09, 2013
from the side

Re: Parapet Roofing Support Building In Ebonyi State by spyder880(m): 11:02pm On Jan 09, 2013
Some errors during the casting, we did not fill all the spaces, and as for the crack, carpenters that loosened the wood cracked the concrete.

Re: Parapet Roofing Support Building In Ebonyi State by spyder880(m): 11:36pm On Jan 09, 2013
More places we need to retouch, but these are nothing to worry about as some watery concrete mixture will be used to fill it up, then a good plastering work as the walls are done. This will give us a superb finish here.

Re: Parapet Roofing Support Building In Ebonyi State by spyder880(m): 11:39pm On Jan 09, 2013
more looks from the front

Re: Parapet Roofing Support Building In Ebonyi State by spyder880(m): 11:42pm On Jan 09, 2013
more front

Re: Parapet Roofing Support Building In Ebonyi State by spyder880(m): 11:45pm On Jan 09, 2013
Measuring the roof size to get the quantity of roofing sheets we are going to need here.

Re: Parapet Roofing Support Building In Ebonyi State by spyder880(m): 11:52pm On Jan 09, 2013
All in all, I think this parapet came out cool. The problem with this type of work is when you get unevenly balanced height which will give an ugly look or a sagged plywood which will make some portions to bulge. We have a uniform finish here awaiting plastering to give it the shine it deserves.

Installation of roofing sheet is the next work here, my client here is asking for a beige colored roofing sheet (carton colour) and we are already working towards that.
Re: Parapet Roofing Support Building In Ebonyi State by spyder880(m): 12:47am On Jan 12, 2013
For the few cracks, we had to fill them today, the rest will be done with the plastering.

Re: Parapet Roofing Support Building In Ebonyi State by spyder880(m): 12:48am On Jan 12, 2013
This is how the back of the house looks.

Re: Parapet Roofing Support Building In Ebonyi State by bugmenot: 7:06pm On Jan 15, 2013
What kind of wood is ideal for roofing?
Re: Parapet Roofing Support Building In Ebonyi State by spyder880(m): 10:42pm On Jan 15, 2013
bugmenot: What kind of wood is ideal for roofing?

Use hardwood for the wall plate and rafters, then purlins for the roofing sheets.
Re: Parapet Roofing Support Building In Ebonyi State by Fhemmmy: 2:48pm On Jan 16, 2013
The knowledge we gaining here is surely priceless . . . Thanks, Chief
Re: Parapet Roofing Support Building In Ebonyi State by spyder880(m): 7:09pm On Feb 01, 2013
I was also in this site today. As we get set to coat this house with roofing sheets, I arranged to have an experienced finisher to plaster this parapet. Guess who is doing the work, I imported a guy all the way from Togo grin
He starts work by tomorrow.
Re: Parapet Roofing Support Building In Ebonyi State by Nobody: 9:19pm On Feb 02, 2013
spyder880: I was also in this site today. As we get set to coat this house with roofing sheets, I arranged to have an experienced finisher to plaster this parapet. Guess who is doing the work, I imported a guy all the way from Togo grin
He starts work by tomorrow.

@Spyder

How much is the total cost of the wooden materials and aluminium roofing materials for this bungalow? Pls, I need to know this. I am very close to doing the same thing. Is the roofing material going to be 0.55mm long span or 0.55mm step tiles? Your response is highly appreciated.
Re: Parapet Roofing Support Building In Ebonyi State by spyder880(m): 10:39pm On Feb 02, 2013
payless:

@Spyder

How much is the total cost of the wooden materials and aluminium roofing materials for this bungalow? Pls, I need to know this. I am very close to doing the same thing. Is the roofing material going to be 0.55mm long span or 0.55mm step tiles? Your response is highly appreciated.

The wood and carpentry labour totals around N650k, We have not concluded the roofing sheet prices, but we plan to use 0.45 step tiles aluminium.
Re: Parapet Roofing Support Building In Ebonyi State by Nobody: 11:25pm On Feb 02, 2013
spyder880:

The wood and carpentry labour totals around N650k, We have not concluded the roofing sheet prices, but we plan to use 0.45 step tiles aluminium.

Thanks.
Re: Parapet Roofing Support Building In Ebonyi State by spyder880(m): 10:59pm On Feb 10, 2013
We are still working in this site, forget the lack of pictures but my boys have finished plastering the parapet we did earlier. The roofing sheets is almost completely covered and may be rounded off tomorrow. More pictures as from tomorrow.

The next stage is the plastering of the walls, immediately after the ceiling is done. The pvc ceiling may start by this coming week.
Re: Parapet Roofing Support Building In Ebonyi State by Nobody: 3:16am On Feb 11, 2013
spyder880: We are still working in this site, forget the lack of pictures but my boys have finished plastering the parapet we did earlier. The roofing sheets is almost completely covered and may be rounded off tomorrow. More pictures as from tomorrow.

The next stage is the plastering of the walls, immediately after the ceiling is done. The pvc ceiling may start by this coming week.

How much you bought the roofing sheets? I will appreciate you post the roofing sheets.

1 Like

Re: Parapet Roofing Support Building In Ebonyi State by spyder880(m): 5:10am On Feb 11, 2013
payless:

How much you bought the roofing sheets? I will appreciate you post the roofing sheets.

OK, later.
Re: Parapet Roofing Support Building In Ebonyi State by spyder880(m): 10:35pm On Feb 11, 2013
Updates......

1 Like

Re: Parapet Roofing Support Building In Ebonyi State by spyder880(m): 10:36pm On Feb 11, 2013
a side of the house

1 Like

Re: Parapet Roofing Support Building In Ebonyi State by spyder880(m): 10:37pm On Feb 11, 2013
Its a neat work,

1 Like

Re: Parapet Roofing Support Building In Ebonyi State by spyder880(m): 10:38pm On Feb 11, 2013
If the carpentry is superb, the roofing will have no reason not to be smooth.

2 Likes

Re: Parapet Roofing Support Building In Ebonyi State by spyder880(m): 10:40pm On Feb 11, 2013
Ceiling, plastering comes next.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Native Doctor Places Juju On Electric Pole To Avoid Disconnection - Photo / Man Narrates How He Escaped While The Ikoyi Building Collapsed (Photos) / The Technology Of Block Making

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.