Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,434 members, 7,819,570 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:18 PM

Two Offers: A Banking Job And An Engineering Job - Career (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Two Offers: A Banking Job And An Engineering Job (13761 Views)

Poll: Take:

the bank job: 42% (58 votes)
the engineering job: 57% (79 votes)
This poll has ended

School, Job And Career: Before You Get Wrongly Inspired / Should I Quit My Job And Be Self-employed? / I Want To Quit My Banking Job (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Two Offers: A Banking Job And An Engineering Job by OpeLovely(f): 2:11pm On Feb 19, 2008
@ sweettonyx,

I 100% agree with you. Since he needs this money badly, he should go for the banking job and no, he won't be sacked if he doesn't meet his full target as i have friends that are bank marketers, besides it will add to his job experience when he eventually leaves plus the distance is also great so no traffic or money to spend on transport which equals to more savings in the pocket.
Re: Two Offers: A Banking Job And An Engineering Job by creamdream: 6:10pm On Feb 20, 2008
Engineering job is better anyday
Re: Two Offers: A Banking Job And An Engineering Job by pegassus(m): 4:51pm On Feb 22, 2008
One of the best paying jobs is LASTMA AND KAI.i DONT MEAN FROM BASIC SALARY, I MEAN TIPS FROM AND OMO NILES. shocked
Re: Two Offers: A Banking Job And An Engineering Job by dapson4luv: 10:39pm On Feb 22, 2008
i think u should take the engineering job, develop well in ur field and u will ave the last laf
Re: Two Offers: A Banking Job And An Engineering Job by Stefani: 3:01pm On Feb 23, 2008
my Guy na ur eye u go shappen.Money makes d world go round.Go 4 d SENGEMENGE & glo with pride
Re: Two Offers: A Banking Job And An Engineering Job by uchetobi(f): 5:55pm On Feb 26, 2008
he better go to the engineering firm, what does he want to do in the bank?
Re: Two Offers: A Banking Job And An Engineering Job by coolier(f): 12:35pm On Feb 29, 2008
If this is not too late I would say Engineering. The sky is your limit!
Re: Two Offers: A Banking Job And An Engineering Job by kuyu: 3:07pm On Mar 05, 2008
[i][/i] wink winki think d engineering job offer wud b good 4 him.it will b rewardin despite d little salary n distance.bsides if he does well he can b successful n can make so much money from it with time.since he's got d passion n it,s his career.he can make it.on d other hand he may not know bankin very well n may b relieved of his job.
Re: Two Offers: A Banking Job And An Engineering Job by lababe1(f): 9:34am On Mar 12, 2008
follow this link to choose your own job change.
https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-119156.0.html
Re: Two Offers: A Banking Job And An Engineering Job by TerrySoft(m): 2:23pm On Mar 18, 2008
An Engineering Job
Re: Two Offers: A Banking Job And An Engineering Job by damola1: 11:16pm On Mar 21, 2008
There's no short cuts in life.

The only thing that will make you a success when the going gets tough, is your passion, it makes you tough.

Be smart enough and courageous enough to push ahead, don't you think it's too easy to simply be stuck with 140k. it'll be fun, kicking it again with 60k, and seeing yourself, your passion take you to 600k, 6M and 6B, maybe 6T, only passion, and what's passion, DREAm vision.

140k is too cheap, in fact, if they offered you 1.4M per month, you should turn it down, it ain't worth it, you are following another man's dream,

Anyone ever thought a bank belonged to someone who was passionate abt it, did you ever think abt that?, I mean, a case study was: Bello Osagie starting from scratch UBA, only the passion made it what it's today, maybe this guy, is losing out on another great slumberger (founded by a Nigerian), just because of a meagre 140k.

Relax, push with your passion, but always put your thinking cap on while you passion makes you fight back when pushed down, don't be stupid, dislike that, be passionate, and develop your skills with your brains, in tact, !!
Re: Two Offers: A Banking Job And An Engineering Job by adesojiade(m): 5:25pm On Mar 25, 2008
It's better he goes for the banking Job first. Every sane person knows what banks offers. He should still keep his eyes on the better engineering job he desires. He should start with that for now.
Thanks
www.spiritofjesus..com
Re: Two Offers: A Banking Job And An Engineering Job by maryray(f): 8:26am On May 18, 2008
Do urself a favour, and stay with the Engineering job. Dont kill urself with unnecessary stress.
Re: Two Offers: A Banking Job And An Engineering Job by elonwa: 11:10pm On May 18, 2008
hello i think you should go on with the engineering offer.build a career in your field instead of wasting your time in a bank umless you re just after money an d not a good foundation.
Re: Two Offers: A Banking Job And An Engineering Job by abujabooks(f): 10:59am On May 21, 2008
Bank job.
Re: Two Offers: A Banking Job And An Engineering Job by newtonbob(m): 3:18pm On May 24, 2008
WE ARE A GROUP OF COMPANIES WITH OUR SERVICES IN THE OIL AND GAS, MANUFACTURING, CONSTRUCTION & MARITIME INDUSTRY WITH OUR     PLANS TO BOOST OUR SALES TEAM, WE ARE LOOKING YOUNG AND DYNAMIC  FEMALE GRADUATES

POSITION: sales Excecutives.( FEMALE).

QUALIFICATION: Bsc/HND. in engineering, sciences or  related descipline.

EXPERIENCE: at least one year experience, fresh graduates can also apply. intensive technical training will be given to successful candidates,locally and posible training abroad.

RENUMERATION: VERY ATTRACTIVE.

if you meet the above requirements, pls forward you cv with contact address, attach recent passport photograph and day time phone numbers in ms word format to   omatek79@yahoo.com or bel.group@yahoo.com   within two weeks of this advert. only successful candidates will be contacted.
Re: Two Offers: A Banking Job And An Engineering Job by ferdoplay(m): 2:14pm On May 26, 2008
uchetobi:

he better go to the engineering firm, what does he want to do in the bank?

i buy your idea, let him go for the engineering firm and know that the sky will be his starting point smiley smiley smiley
Re: Two Offers: A Banking Job And An Engineering Job by gists: 1:24pm On Nov 21, 2008
I have a number of friends who are engineering graduates but ended in the bank. From our discussions and my observations of their lifestlyes, I know for sure that they are not doing badly. One of them even borrowed me 50k of recent. However, one thing that I also found out is that they are all on the look-out for an engineering job. But months after months; years after years it keeps getting more and more difficult for them to get the job of their dream. Simply because of their experience/age ratio. They cannot settle for an entry level job in engineering but certainly don't have the experience for intermediate/senior level. Believe me guys, its too easy getting trapped in the system. One of them even have plan to go abroad for his masters perhaps that will brighten his chances of getting a good engineering job. But as of now he is still stuck with the bank.

I have been lucky from the very begining, so I'm happy with my engineering job especially when my folks tell me what they put up with doing what they're not passionate about.

Even though I started with N20k/month, now I earn a modest seven (7) digits salary after tax per annum which from my calculation is about twice my friend's salary and I close at 4:00pm (also no saturday work!!) to go home to my family while my guys can't even think of going home until accounts have been balanced even if it means staying till 8:00pm.

Some guys like oyb have made good comments at the begining of this thread. I'll say to my brother to follow that advice.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Is Studying Mass Communication A Good Choice? / My Journey Into Yahoo Plus, How It All Started In Details / In Need Of My Employer's Help That, If Done, Will See Me Leave His Job

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.