Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,039 members, 7,818,079 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:14 AM

Nairaland End Of Year Charity Flight..... - Nairaland / General (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Nairaland End Of Year Charity Flight..... (43491 Views)

Charity Policy: We Will Donate Though We Cannot Promote / Please Help Shape Tehn’s 2014 End Of Year Charity Flight / TeHN's 2nd Annual End Of Year Charity Flight (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nairaland End Of Year Charity Flight..... by thelastPope(m): 1:39pm On Jan 21, 2013
Please dont take this as a criticism but the amount is quite small. Some individuals i know give that regularly to orphanages without making any announcement. NL is big enough to do more considering this isnt an everyday project. What you have done is very good, dont get me wrong, but I think you can do more. Thanks
Re: Nairaland End Of Year Charity Flight..... by Idowuogbo(f): 1:39pm On Jan 21, 2013
goodmike7:

Sexy monkey don't mind the guy jare...lol
Handsome gorilla, I see u 2. cheesy
Re: Nairaland End Of Year Charity Flight..... by elbinmanny(m): 1:40pm On Jan 21, 2013
goodmike7:

Sexy monkey don't mind the guy jare...lol
*faints with lafta* grin
Re: Nairaland End Of Year Charity Flight..... by Superbrain(m): 1:41pm On Jan 21, 2013
Nice one. How do I become a part of this? Please shoot me an email superbrainnl at gmail dot com.
Re: Nairaland End Of Year Charity Flight..... by Idowuogbo(f): 1:41pm On Jan 21, 2013
el bin manny:
Pls can u comment in English? Your English teacher really needs to make some refunds cheesy
I forgot to laugh undecided
Re: Nairaland End Of Year Charity Flight..... by Okijajuju1(m): 1:42pm On Jan 21, 2013
[b]Again, I will love to say a big welldone to una!!

However, I have a problem...

This Charity organisation is a Nairaland thing I believe.. So the organisation and planning isupposed to be on Nairaland I believe and yet I didnt know about this visit!!

Secondly, 48'k na beans money na!! HABA!!! Where are all those people wey dey shout Charity!! This is the time for us to make a difference. Next time, I will love to be informed about future visits. Time and Date so I can make my contribution before hand. Each flight should not take off with less than 100,000 Naira.. There are too many big boys and girls on Nairaland jor!! I dont mind spamming all the threads to solicit for contributions!!

Thirdly, I will love it if the group can sort of do a recce before the actual visit to know if these homes have any particular needs that they have so we can know. E.g water, generator, e.t.c... This would hep us go beyond just giving them indomie and books to targeting their specific needs..

Fourthly!! Congratulations... Make sure the publicity on the next visit is bigger than this!! OSHE!!!!

Lastly!! Seun should permanently leave this thread on the top of the frontpage jor!! If it had to do with Tontoh Dike, It will be on the front page for days!! But in like 2 hours time, we wouldnt even see this thread again!![/b]

3 Likes

Re: Nairaland End Of Year Charity Flight..... by Idowuogbo(f): 1:45pm On Jan 21, 2013
ijebabe:
I have seen the thread but not seen pics of the reps actually going about it.
I saw that Perx's thread when Muki mentioned it, not before that. I didn't even know Perx.
Alritey mami... Make sure u book ur seat for d next flight. wink
Re: Nairaland End Of Year Charity Flight..... by edoyad(m): 1:45pm On Jan 21, 2013
Idowuogbo:
U dey mind d bastard son of a thousand fathers? Imagine, dey shud look for better looking representatives, are we running a beauty flight or wot? Blawwwdy animal!

I shouldn't have even replied the loser. His post exposed him as a disgruntled person. May be he is someone who tried to participate in the program but was denied the opportunity. A hopeless dupe.

I like to see people doing humanitarian stuff like this no matter how little. I consider my self nice but have unfortunately never been involved in any thing similar. There's just something so beautiful about selfless service, that's why the two people in that picture look beautiful, especially the girl cheesy (devil in a blue dress )
Last week a team of young health professionals, male and female, visited a village in Benue where they performed Surgery for free for almost two weeks. They were Swiss and were missionary work. When I saw them and someone explained to me what they were doing, i fell into sadness. I became sad because I kept wondering why we cant do same for ourselves here. Why must foreigners always come to help our weak while we watch?
So to those two I say kudos, especially the devil in blue grin
Re: Nairaland End Of Year Charity Flight..... by elbinmanny(m): 1:47pm On Jan 21, 2013
Idowuogbo:
I forgot to laugh undecided
Not your fault, soon u will see the beauty in laughing when u are done treating your cancer of the mouth and tongue gringrin
Re: Nairaland End Of Year Charity Flight..... by elbinmanny(m): 1:50pm On Jan 21, 2013
edoyad:

I shouldn't have even replied the loser. His post exposed him as a disgruntled person. May be he is someone who tried to participate in the program but was denied the opportunity. A hopeless dupe.

I like to see people doing humanitarian stuff like this no matter how little. I consider my self nice but have unfortunately never been involved in any thing similar. There's just something so beautiful about selfless service, that's why the two people in that picture look beautiful, especially the girl cheesy (devil in a blue dress )
Last week a team of young health professionals, male and female, visited a village in Benue where they performed Surgery for free for almost two weeks. They were Swiss and were missionary work. When I saw them and someone explained to me what they were doing, i fell into sadness. I became sad because I kept wondering why we cant do same for ourselves here. Why must foreigners always come to help our weak while we watch?
The QUEEN OF THE COAST in blue....point of correction grin
Re: Nairaland End Of Year Charity Flight..... by r231(m): 1:54pm On Jan 21, 2013
Okija_juju: [b]Again, I will love to say a big welldone to una!!

However, I have a problem...

This Charity organisation is a Nairaland thing I believe.. So the organisation and planning isupposed to be on Nairaland I believe and yet I didnt know about this visit!!

Secondly, 48'k na beans money na!! HABA!!! Where are all those people wey dey shout Charity!! This is the time for us to make a difference. Next time, I will love to be informed about future visits. Time and Date so I can make my contribution before hand. Each flight should not take off with less than 100,000 Naira.. There are too many big boys and girls on Nairaland jor!! I dont mind spamming all the threads to solicit for contributions!!

Thirdly, I will love it if the group can sort of do a recce before the actual visit to know if these homes have any particular needs that they have so we can know. E.g water, generator, e.t.c... This would hep us go beyond just giving them indomie and books to targeting their specific needs..

Fourthly!! Congratulations... Make sure the publicity on the next visit is bigger than this!! OSHE!!!!

Lastly!! Seun should permanently leave this thread on the top of the frontpage jor!! If it had to do with Tontoh Dike, It will be on the front page for days!! But in like 2 hours time, we wouldnt even see this thread again!![/b]

Noted

Thanks
Re: Nairaland End Of Year Charity Flight..... by Idowuogbo(f): 1:54pm On Jan 21, 2013
edoyad:

Lmao! D only thing i could decipher in ur post na.."the devil in d blue dress" Oga, dat geh dey do u strong tin? grin grin
Re: Nairaland End Of Year Charity Flight..... by r231(m): 1:54pm On Jan 21, 2013
thelastPope: Please dont take this as a criticism but the amount is quite small. Some individuals i know give that regularly to orphanages without making any announcement. NL is big enough to do more considering this isnt an everyday project. What you have done is very good, dont get me wrong, but I think you can do more. Thanks

Please read the thread from page one
Re: Nairaland End Of Year Charity Flight..... by freecocoa(f): 1:54pm On Jan 21, 2013
Where that mumu wey dey insult Tehn reps? I dey come for you, make I chop first. Hediotu angry
Re: Nairaland End Of Year Charity Flight..... by ijebabe: 1:55pm On Jan 21, 2013
I saw some pics on pages 5 and 6. Really good work there guys.
Re: Nairaland End Of Year Charity Flight..... by r231(m): 1:55pm On Jan 21, 2013
Superbrain: Nice one. How do I become a part of this? Please shoot me an email superbrainnl at gmail dot com.

please email nairalandcharity@gmail.com
Re: Nairaland End Of Year Charity Flight..... by ifyalways(f): 1:56pm On Jan 21, 2013
Okija juju, thanks!

You made almost same comments after the Port harcourt visit, remember? Before this visit, we announced on this thread that we need volunteers to join us on our next visits. It was there for more than 1 week before the visit but we got no response.

You don't expect Tehn to start PM-ing everyone; that's stalking. Anyone interested in tehns activities follows tehns thread.
We have one more visit left and less than 50K for it, just so y'all would know and DO something NOW.
Tehn have never limited any project to just cash donation so you can donate anything!

Cheers.

3 Likes

Re: Nairaland End Of Year Charity Flight..... by Idowuogbo(f): 1:56pm On Jan 21, 2013
el bin manny:
Not your fault, soon u will see the beauty in laughing when u are done treating your cancer of the mouth and tongue gringrin
May u walk and stumble on penile cancer. angry tongue
Re: Nairaland End Of Year Charity Flight..... by Idowuogbo(f): 1:58pm On Jan 21, 2013
freecocoa: Where that mumu wey dey insult Tehn reps? I dey come for you, make I chop first. Hediotu angry
grin grin grin
Re: Nairaland End Of Year Charity Flight..... by Okijajuju1(m): 2:03pm On Jan 21, 2013
ifyalways: Okija juju, thanks!

You made almost same comments after the Port harcourt visit, remember? Before this visit, we announced on this thread that we need volunteers to join us on our next visits. It was there for more than 1 week before the visit but we got no response.

You don't expect Tehn to start PM-ing everyone; that's stalking. Anyone interested in tehns activities follows tehns thread.
We have one more visit left and less than 50K for it, just so y'all would know and DO something NOW.
Tehn have never limited any project to just cash donation so you can donate anything!

Cheers.

Oshe!!

So make e no be like say I just dey complain!! I even have this TeHN on my facebook and still I dont even get any alerts!!

All I am soliciting is a simple;

TeHN schedules a visit to ****** Home.
Date: 15th November
Time 5pm.

Special needs of ****** home include:

1. Borehole. (10,000 Naira)
2. 5KVA generator. (5.000 Naira)
3. Small Bus. (2500 Tokunbo 3.000 Brand new)

Contributions and participation is highly solicited. Thanks!!

This is okay na!!

This way, some people can chose to come together and finance the borehole or generator..

Kpele... I look at my followed list everyday and barely see anything from TeHN and ask for my facebook, my account is always live and I still dont get any alerts from TeHN until after a visit!!
Re: Nairaland End Of Year Charity Flight..... by OAM4J: 2:10pm On Jan 21, 2013
ijebabe: This is the first time I'm noticing TeHN's work. Good job guys and thanks for making the effort to do this!

Hmnnn... You need to improve yoour Amebo/olofofo informatiom ministry o cheesy

This should be the 5th or 6th project we are embarking on since a little over a year ago TeHN came to be on Nairaland. I will expect your fat check soon. wink
Re: Nairaland End Of Year Charity Flight..... by ifyalways(f): 2:11pm On Jan 21, 2013
Your idea is cool especially the fbk alert stuff and tehn group would look into it, hopefully.

Thanks.
Re: Nairaland End Of Year Charity Flight..... by edoyad(m): 2:11pm On Jan 21, 2013
smiley
Re: Nairaland End Of Year Charity Flight..... by edoyad(m): 2:16pm On Jan 21, 2013
I think Okija juju has a point. Though it would be difficult to agree on what project and where to execute, a clearly stated target with amount needed would help us focus our resources more efficiently and effectively too.

Idowuogbo:
Lmao! D only thing i could decipher in ur post is..."the devil in d blue dress" Oga, dat geh dey do u strong tin? grin grin
Do humanitarian work by telling me who and where she is na? grin
Re: Nairaland End Of Year Charity Flight..... by Idowuogbo(f): 2:18pm On Jan 21, 2013
edoyad: smiley
Looolz... Asewo! grin
Re: Nairaland End Of Year Charity Flight..... by Idowuogbo(f): 2:19pm On Jan 21, 2013
edoyad: I think Okija juju has a point. Though it would be difficult to agree on what project and where to execute, a clearly stated target with amount needed would help us focus our resources more efficiently and effectively too.

Do humanitarian work by telling me who and where she is na? grin
Na bawss! Talk percentage mehn... Lets do business. cheesy
Re: Nairaland End Of Year Charity Flight..... by hollandis(f): 2:20pm On Jan 21, 2013
I think the two nairalanders shown endd up screwing thmselves
Re: Nairaland End Of Year Charity Flight..... by Idowuogbo(f): 2:21pm On Jan 21, 2013
hollandis: I think the two nairalanders shown endd up screwing thmselves
Wtf? Are u ok? undecided
Re: Nairaland End Of Year Charity Flight..... by elbinmanny(m): 2:22pm On Jan 21, 2013
Idowuogbo:
Goat! Happy now? grin undecided
Good girlcheesy
Now use your mirror and see the magic gringringrin
Re: Nairaland End Of Year Charity Flight..... by hollandis(f): 2:24pm On Jan 21, 2013
Idowuogbo:
Wtf? Are u ok? undecided

grin just joking haba wink but which hotel did you guys stay in that remote place

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply)

Police Officer In Ibadan Helps Accident Victim / Just In / Rattle Snake Found In A Water Closet ..

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.