Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,530 members, 7,819,909 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 06:22 AM

Imams & Priests Play Football For Bosnian Kindergarten - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Imams & Priests Play Football For Bosnian Kindergarten (9603 Views)

How Bosnian Muslims View Christians 20 Years After Srebrenica Massacre. / Best Of Logicboy- Why Pastors, Imams, Priests Arent Good For You / Pastors & Imams Come To Consult Ifa ā€“ Ifayemi Elebuibon (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Imams & Priests Play Football For Bosnian Kindergarten by burningspear(m): 2:10pm On Nov 23, 2012
How many more bombs shall have to explode in the churches?
How many more blood shall have to flow on the Northern streets?
How many more burials shall we attend?
How many more tears shall we shed?
Please how many more innocent people will have to die before we bury our religious differences?
________

ZENICA, Bosnia-Herzegovina (AP) ā€” A soccer match between Muslim imams and Catholic priests has helped raise funds for a new kindergarten in Bosnia.

More than 4,000 people paid 1 euro ($1.30) to watch the game in the central town of Zenica on Wednesday night, cheering "Bosnia, Bosnia" and celebrating whoever scored.

The Catholics won 5-3.

The match, organized by Bosnia's Inter-religious Committee, was played by priests of the Bosnian Franciscan order and Muslim imams, said Priest Fra Zdravko Andjic. His good friend, Imam Jakub Salkica, said both sides got along well, but joked that shouldn't raise suspicions about match fixing.

Nearly two decades ago, more than 100,000 people died in this country in a war that involved Muslim Bosniaks, Christian Orthodox Serbs and Catholic Croats.

Source:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bm74NQ2pW-M
http://rustywoodger..com/2012/11/zenica-imams-priests-play-for-youngsters.html
http://news.yahoo.com/imams-priests-play-soccer-match-bosnia-115849720.html.

2 Likes

Re: Imams & Priests Play Football For Bosnian Kindergarten by Nobody: 2:58pm On Nov 23, 2012
This is fun.....why should religion be boring?

I like initiatives like this.

But here in Nigeria, will Boko haram aloow something like this? Or will the pastors and CAN get involved in any activity they cant suck tithes out of?

7 Likes

Re: Imams & Priests Play Football For Bosnian Kindergarten by slap1(m): 3:47pm On Nov 23, 2012
Chai. . .lovely. . .speechless!

2 Likes

Re: Imams & Priests Play Football For Bosnian Kindergarten by mascot87(m): 3:48pm On Nov 23, 2012
Can happen here in nigeria especially in yobe and borno cool cool
Re: Imams & Priests Play Football For Bosnian Kindergarten by harlos: 3:48pm On Nov 23, 2012
Hmm... Does that mean Nigerians should hist match with boko haram Jst saying

1 Like

Re: Imams & Priests Play Football For Bosnian Kindergarten by Nobody: 3:53pm On Nov 23, 2012
only a catholic priest can play soccer with terrorist. Our pastors are occupied with tithes and private jets.

23 Likes

Re: Imams & Priests Play Football For Bosnian Kindergarten by Areaboy2(m): 3:53pm On Nov 23, 2012
This story is just amazing and it warms my heart beyond words. Imagine the terrible suffering they have endured in that region due to ethnic cleansing on both sides. christians masacre muslims and Muslims revenge. I wish Israel will learn from this and figure out a lasting solution to their crises and hopefully abandon their zionist agenda

2 Likes

Re: Imams & Priests Play Football For Bosnian Kindergarten by osuala: 3:55pm On Nov 23, 2012
I believe this gesture is feasible in Nigeria! This is an enviable peaceful co-existence. That will only happen when we put religious bigotry and intolerance aside and begin to see one another as brothers/sisters.
Re: Imams & Priests Play Football For Bosnian Kindergarten by aryzgreat: 3:58pm On Nov 23, 2012
I love this, this should be encouraged just like how John Cardinal Onaiyekan fed the muslims during their fasting period. such gestures encourages love among the 2 religions.

On a lighter note if this match was played in northern Nigeria and the catholic fathers won 5-3, i dont think they will escape that stadium without bombs exploding like knock out. grin

7 Likes

Re: Imams & Priests Play Football For Bosnian Kindergarten by Jazzgreen(m): 3:59pm On Nov 23, 2012
GOD FORBID such tin in nigeria ooo. Ok, see as d CHRISTIANS win MUSLIMS 5-3, and everybody stil went home happy, safe and sound. come 9JA na. If MUSLIMS loose, i fear if d stadium would be among d properties to be burnt down,heads wil roll in every muslim street.in fact, the amount of money dat wud be needed to repair d vandalized properties wud exceed d money raised from d match tickets.dats even if fear go gree people to come watch d ball. Cos for me, i can neva come dr.each goal conceded by d muslims HAUSAs=20 heads of spectators

3 Likes

Re: Imams & Priests Play Football For Bosnian Kindergarten by salam001(m): 4:05pm On Nov 23, 2012
Please,make them no bring am come Nigeria,if the priests win,northerners will get provoked,
and if the imams win the northerners will kill christians in celebrations,ABEG WE DONT WANT

4 Likes

Re: Imams & Priests Play Football For Bosnian Kindergarten by Iaz93: 4:06pm On Nov 23, 2012
Can Oyedepo, Oritsejafor and their likes play ball?

1 Like

Re: Imams & Priests Play Football For Bosnian Kindergarten by jcross19: 4:06pm On Nov 23, 2012
lucenzo: only a catholic priest can play soccer with terrorist. Our pastors are occupied with tithes and private jets.
yes you are right because they are the founder of religious terrorism .

4 Likes

Re: Imams & Priests Play Football For Bosnian Kindergarten by valencia25(m): 4:07pm On Nov 23, 2012
Niceone
Re: Imams & Priests Play Football For Bosnian Kindergarten by Nobody: 4:09pm On Nov 23, 2012
osuala: I believe this gesture is feasible in Nigeria! This is an enviable peaceful co-existence. That will only happen when we put religious bigotry and intolerance aside and begin to see one another as brothers/sisters.
religious bigotry or ethnic bigotry which is really killing country? Iā€˜d go for the latter because if you come to think of it most Nigerians are religiously fake. Growing up as a kid, I had this opinion that hausa/fulani(islam) inspite of their bitterness are not theives. A true hausa/fulani(islam) would not take what is not theirs unlike what we have today with the babangidas and farouks. Christianity as a religion was meant to assist the society with free hospitals, schools........ like what we had in the colonial days and today we are seeing pastors having one or more private jets in country synonymous with poverty. we copied this religion thing from the west are now pirating as Nigerians that we are.

2 Likes

Re: Imams & Priests Play Football For Bosnian Kindergarten by PaulJohn1: 4:09pm On Nov 23, 2012
Great
Re: Imams & Priests Play Football For Bosnian Kindergarten by Nobody: 4:13pm On Nov 23, 2012
jcross19: yes you are right because they are the founder of religious terrorism .
and you are the copier of religious fanatism, terrorism, bombism, killingism, hijackism, cannibalism, ode.

5 Likes

Re: Imams & Priests Play Football For Bosnian Kindergarten by icez: 4:34pm On Nov 23, 2012
harlos: Hmm... Does that mean Nigerians should hist match with boko haram Jst saying

grin grin grin
Re: Imams & Priests Play Football For Bosnian Kindergarten by mumumugu(m): 4:35pm On Nov 23, 2012
Dis just prove dat catholics are beta dan muslim in every aspect even in football

1 Like

Re: Imams & Priests Play Football For Bosnian Kindergarten by highlandre(m): 4:40pm On Nov 23, 2012
God bless these imams and priests for this initiative; the problem with Boko Haram is gross illiteracy and lack of tolerance

1 Like

Re: Imams & Priests Play Football For Bosnian Kindergarten by Nobody: 4:40pm On Nov 23, 2012
Don't even think of this to happen in Naija because after this kind of score expect dark clouds oh did I mention suicide bomb blast from d BOKO goalkeeper
Re: Imams & Priests Play Football For Bosnian Kindergarten by ijawkid(m): 4:51pm On Nov 23, 2012
Iaz93: Can Oyedepo, Oritsejafor and their likes play ball?

Lol.....you want make there gucci football kits stain??......
Re: Imams & Priests Play Football For Bosnian Kindergarten by vascey(m): 4:52pm On Nov 23, 2012
It starts with you.

1 Like

Re: Imams & Priests Play Football For Bosnian Kindergarten by valdubem(m): 4:59pm On Nov 23, 2012
ALL BOKO-HARAMERS ARE NOT MUSLIM and ALL MUSLIMS ARE NOT BOKO-HARAMERS; Lets get this straight!

7 Likes

Re: Imams & Priests Play Football For Bosnian Kindergarten by omenziate(m): 5:04pm On Nov 23, 2012
Our imams would rather indoctinate our Muslims with rascality here in Naija and tell dem Christians are infidels dat should b obliterated. Thank God not every Imam is like Naija Aboki type. God bless una jare.

1 Like

Re: Imams & Priests Play Football For Bosnian Kindergarten by Blackteeth(m): 5:04pm On Nov 23, 2012
It would have been better if the muslims and christians were mixed in both teams rather than making it muslims vs christians so that any team that wins will be a victory for both.

6 Likes

Re: Imams & Priests Play Football For Bosnian Kindergarten by Nobody: 5:04pm On Nov 23, 2012
val_dubem: ALL BOKO-HARAMERS ARE NOT MUSLIM and ALL MUSLIMS ARE NOT BOKO-HARAMERS; Lets get this straight!

ALL BOKO HARAMERS ARE MUSLIMS angry

BUT ALL MUSLIMS ARE NOT BOKO HARAMERS grin

8 Likes

Re: Imams & Priests Play Football For Bosnian Kindergarten by Iaz93: 5:07pm On Nov 23, 2012
ijawkid:

Lol.....you want make there gucci football kits stain??......
Lmao!
Re: Imams & Priests Play Football For Bosnian Kindergarten by bright007(f): 5:07pm On Nov 23, 2012
...this cant happen in naija!...infact it will be a match between priests and suicide bombers....unless all the priests and referee go wear bomb-proof vests,shorts and shoes...
Re: Imams & Priests Play Football For Bosnian Kindergarten by delegiwa(m): 5:10pm On Nov 23, 2012
Jazzgreen: GOD FORBID such tin in nigeria ooo. Ok, see as d CHRISTIANS win MUSLIMS 5-3, and everybody stil went home happy, safe and sound. come 9JA na. If MUSLIMS loose, i fear if d stadium would be among d properties to be burnt down,heads wil roll in every muslim street.in fact, the amount of money dat wud be needed to repair d vandalized properties wud exceed d money raised from d match tickets.dats even if fear go gree people to come watch d ball. Cos for me, i can neva come dr.each goal conceded by d muslims HAUSAs=20 heads of spectators

Guy you funny oh.
Re: Imams & Priests Play Football For Bosnian Kindergarten by AroOkigbo(m): 5:10pm On Nov 23, 2012
I agree with you.
Yoruba moslems are not BOKO-HARAMERS.
val_dubem: ALL BOKO-HARAMERS ARE NOT MUSLIM and ALL MUSLIMS ARE NOT BOKO-HARAMERS; Lets get this straight!
Re: Imams & Priests Play Football For Bosnian Kindergarten by johnwizey: 5:24pm On Nov 23, 2012
if dis should happen in Naija,nd d catholic fada's shld win. Bomb go dey fly like housefly ni. infat d ppl wey dey jubilate for the catholic fada don die

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

. / Did God Really Write The Bible? / The Divine Pattern Of Wealth Transfer In The Last Days - Joseph Prince Sermon

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.