Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,741 members, 7,820,549 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:01 PM

Who Turns Out Better: A child Trained By Grandparents Or The Parents? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Who Turns Out Better: A child Trained By Grandparents Or The Parents? (7460 Views)

‘love-making With My Husband No Longer Turns Me On’ / GUYS Should Blame The Parents Of Wayward Girls, And Leave The Girls Alone! / Woman's Online Boyfriend Turns-Out To Be Ex-husband (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Who Turns Out Better: A child Trained By Grandparents Or The Parents? by TEKUTE: 2:24pm On Nov 23, 2012
To me i think that a child trained by his/her grandparents is going be the better because the grandparent has more knowledge and experience in bringing up kids.....

What do you think, lets throw more light on this
Re: Who Turns Out Better: A child Trained By Grandparents Or The Parents? by k2039: 3:36pm On Nov 23, 2012
Earlier in my life I was raised by my grandmum before my mum later took over.

I would have been a spoiled brat had my mum not taken over.

Op you should understand that grandparents are already aging and their is a limit to how far they can go when it comes to raising their grandchildren.

So parents are a better parent than grandparents.

6 Likes

Re: Who Turns Out Better: A child Trained By Grandparents Or The Parents? by Nobody: 2:04am On Nov 24, 2012
Grannys mostly raise spoilt brat.....confirmed!
Re: Who Turns Out Better: A child Trained By Grandparents Or The Parents? by greatgod2012(f): 6:17am On Nov 24, 2012
I dont think i can allow my children to live with any grandma, because they are definitely going to be spoilt, and i wont like that.
Re: Who Turns Out Better: A child Trained By Grandparents Or The Parents? by JLANCE(m): 7:24am On Nov 24, 2012
A child Trained By Parents
Re: Who Turns Out Better: A child Trained By Grandparents Or The Parents? by princeonx: 7:27am On Nov 24, 2012
Where and how do some of your guys come up with stu.p!d topics on this forum?

3 Likes

Re: Who Turns Out Better: A child Trained By Grandparents Or The Parents? by Pelummy(f): 7:32am On Nov 24, 2012
prince_onx: Where and how do some of your guys come up with stu.p!d topics on this forum?
Re: Who Turns Out Better: A child Trained By Grandparents Or The Parents? by CzarChris(m): 7:34am On Nov 24, 2012
I won't even consider my mum raising my kids, it will be catastrophic. Don't get it twisted, i love my mum, but she loves me too much. So most definitely they'll be spoilt silly. So no way
Re: Who Turns Out Better: A child Trained By Grandparents Or The Parents? by Nobody: 7:39am On Nov 24, 2012
It depends on the grandparents... Mine is soooo strict to the extent that i might have ran away. Am in my Mid twenties now, and she still monitors my life like am a baby. My grandmum ehnnnn, But i love her sha grin

1 Like

Re: Who Turns Out Better: A child Trained By Grandparents Or The Parents? by warrikid(m): 7:39am On Nov 24, 2012
Forget that matter joor,Yam wey won Burn go burn,weda u boil am,roast am or fry am. #shikena

3 Likes

Re: Who Turns Out Better: A child Trained By Grandparents Or The Parents? by bbpreye2: 7:44am On Nov 24, 2012
This is the most useless thread I've ever seen in all my waste of megabytes on this forum!

2 Likes

Re: Who Turns Out Better: A child Trained By Grandparents Or The Parents? by Youngzedd(m): 8:03am On Nov 24, 2012
Grandpa and grandma leather don soft, they will spoil the kids.

If you can't train ur kids it's better you didn't give birth to them.

Head over to monastery to join monks now there is still time.

2 Likes

Re: Who Turns Out Better: A child Trained By Grandparents Or The Parents? by instinctg(m): 8:15am On Nov 24, 2012
Training up a child involves spiritual , psychological and physical energy.

Typical grand parents do not av d physical aspect of it, so they let go on discipline.
Re: Who Turns Out Better: A child Trained By Grandparents Or The Parents? by Candybob(m): 8:23am On Nov 24, 2012
Youngzedd:
If you can't train ur kids it's better you didn't give birth to them.

Head over to monastery to join monks now there is still time.
On point man!
Re: Who Turns Out Better: A child Trained By Grandparents Or The Parents? by Ak47yang(m): 8:25am On Nov 24, 2012
.bbpreye:
This is the most useless thread I've ever seen in all my waste of megabytes on this forum!
exactly
Re: Who Turns Out Better: A child Trained By Grandparents Or The Parents? by GentleNaaz(m): 8:25am On Nov 24, 2012
children traind by grandparents hv gud character but r ilitrates. Dy dnt follow d inceasant world developmnt n news.
Children traind by parents of nowadays, try 2 knw all vry early. Whch, wt few exception, corupt dm but make dm develope high intelignt quotient (I Q). Dy try 2 folo d internet, social networks,etc. Dy r vry intelignt
Re: Who Turns Out Better: A child Trained By Grandparents Or The Parents? by Candybob(m): 8:27am On Nov 24, 2012
.bbpreye:
Cover ur mouth b4 housefly enta!
Re: Who Turns Out Better: A child Trained By Grandparents Or The Parents? by pweeryambre: 8:40am On Nov 24, 2012
Kids raised by grandparents usually turn out respectful but archaic in their views and have very low I.Q and r uneccessarily superstutious. Parents does a better job at training kids and their mental development, atlist dat is why they are there. Grandparents r only good for holiday visitations and all that, so d kids can keep in touch with their roots and any other reasons.. Ah well.
Re: Who Turns Out Better: A child Trained By Grandparents Or The Parents? by ochallo: 8:42am On Nov 24, 2012
warrikid: Forget that matter joor,Yam wey won Burn go burn,weda u boil am,roast am or fry am. #shikena

Typical Nigerian dumbed down mentality. This right here is the reason we are not progressing.
Re: Who Turns Out Better: A child Trained By Grandparents Or The Parents? by BB013(m): 9:12am On Nov 24, 2012
warrikid: Forget that matter joor,Yam wey won Burn go burn,weda u boil am,roast am or fry am. #shikena

May God bless u̶̲̥̅̊ for this..
Re: Who Turns Out Better: A child Trained By Grandparents Or The Parents? by free2ryhme: 9:24am On Nov 24, 2012
grand parents spoil children. it is better to be trained by your biological parents
Re: Who Turns Out Better: A child Trained By Grandparents Or The Parents? by 4seasons: 9:25am On Nov 24, 2012
To me, I feel a child raised by d grand parents will always be beta than that of d parents but the best bet will be for children to be raised by both, mayb d child early child should start with d grands & later when d child is becoming mature, d parents must take over, that's is d best way to me.
Re: Who Turns Out Better: A child Trained By Grandparents Or The Parents? by dasparrow: 9:57am On Nov 24, 2012
TEKUTE: To me i think that a child trained by his/her grandparents is going be the better because the grandparent has more knowledge and experience in bringing up kids.....

What do you think, lets throw more light on this

I don't think you should be dumping your parental responsibilities on the grand parents. If you don't know what the heck you're doing, don't make babies. When do you want the grand parents to rest? Anyways, as for me, I will not be raising any grand kids except they God forbid lost their biological parents. I won't have that strength to raise kids then like I have it now.

As to your question: it all depends. If the parents of the child are drug addicts, alcoholics, then the grand parents will do a better job raising the kids. Otherwise, I prefer that kids are raised by their parents. Why have kids if you can't raise them?
Re: Who Turns Out Better: A child Trained By Grandparents Or The Parents? by bbpreye2: 10:02am On Nov 24, 2012
Candybob:
Cover ur mouth b4 housefly enta!

Experience matters! How did it feel when you chewed yours? Idio.t!
Re: Who Turns Out Better: A child Trained By Grandparents Or The Parents? by ziondaughter: 10:33am On Nov 24, 2012
Not all grandparents condole nonsense. I had one after beating u she will give u enof food n wen u sleep n wake up u will apologise n not misbehave. Though an illiterate, she was a thorough disciplinarian. No mata wat u can deprive d grandparents from reaching to their children especially d good ones.
Re: Who Turns Out Better: A child Trained By Grandparents Or The Parents? by Armenia: 10:35am On Nov 24, 2012
Grandparents pamper childern alot.and childern of now adays don't need to be pampered or else they would become spoiled brats. cool
Re: Who Turns Out Better: A child Trained By Grandparents Or The Parents? by larrymoore(m): 10:47am On Nov 24, 2012
We fail to understand certain tin here dt d ever revolving contemporary society is a primary factor. Misuse of the social media, tv, internet, n othr media are factors limitating against child up-bringing. So if the so call biological parents are nt proactive enough, d child could go astray.
Re: Who Turns Out Better: A child Trained By Grandparents Or The Parents? by chreldb(m): 12:08pm On Nov 24, 2012

LoL @ bolded. Here's a suggestion, open a new thread in the joke or game section and ask people to say this in English cool. Try saying it yourself to catch my drift.
Re: Who Turns Out Better: A child Trained By Grandparents Or The Parents? by stupor(m): 1:10pm On Nov 24, 2012
None !

Step or foster parents teach better !

They tell you the real situation of life.

No love,no hate.
Re: Who Turns Out Better: A child Trained By Grandparents Or The Parents? by dominique(f): 3:18pm On Nov 24, 2012
Except in rare cases, I find it incredibly irresponsible and inconsiderate for someone to get pregnant, give birth only to dump the responsibility on ageing parents. Reminds me of this woman in the area I used to stay, her daughter keeps geting pregnant and brings the children to her and she willingly accepts. Tufiakwa! No child of mine can try such with me. So far I didn't dump them with my parents, they'll have to raise their kids the way they were raised. If you're not yet ready for kids, don't have them chikena.
Re: Who Turns Out Better: A child Trained By Grandparents Or The Parents? by Kassidy90(m): 3:45pm On Nov 24, 2012
Depends on type of family, in my case I was raised by my grandparent till I passed out secondary school, and here I am doing Gr8

(1) (2) (Reply)

Why The Need For Intra Tribal Martial Issues Among The Yorubas / Would You Date/marry Someone With Divorced Parents? / Help Me: My Husband Wants To Run A Dna Test On Our 5 Children

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.