Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,600 members, 7,820,151 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:31 AM

Bomb Blast At Military Barracks In Jaji , Kaduna - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Bomb Blast At Military Barracks In Jaji , Kaduna (20861 Views)

Secretary’s Appearance At Military Probe Unsettles PDP / Obasanjo, Shehu Yar'adua And T.Y. Danjuma At Dodan Barracks In 1978 / See The Condition Of The 3 Battalion Nigerian Army Barracks In Effurun(pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Bomb Blast At Military Barracks In Jaji , Kaduna by Nobody: 4:43pm On Nov 25, 2012
aminu150: Haba Oga army....upon all the check points that are in jaji, you still telling us that bomb got smuggled in?....pls be honest and tel us the truth because i smell something fishy.
SERIOUSLY I THINK THIS PARTICULAR BOMB IS AN ARMY SETUP.ASK ME WHY.IT IS A PRELUDE TO A MILITARY COUP AND IF SO EXPECT ANOTHER IN ANY MILITARY FACILITY IN ABUJA VERY SOON.
Re: Bomb Blast At Military Barracks In Jaji , Kaduna by funkybaby(f): 4:50pm On Nov 25, 2012
excellence44: SERIOUSLY I THINK THIS PARTICULAR BOMB IS AN ARMY SETUP.ASK ME WHY.IT IS A PRELUDE TO A MILITARY COUP AND IF SO EXPECT ANOTHER IN ANY MILITARY FACILITY IN ABUJA VERY SOON.

Jeez !

Do you reason through your a**?

How can you say a bomb at in a church at Jaji (which is probably the most strategic and most important base for the Nigerian military). . . . . . . is a prelude to a military coup and an army setup ?

1 Like

Re: Bomb Blast At Military Barracks In Jaji , Kaduna by ABAboi: 4:52pm On Nov 25, 2012
Intelligence and technology has got to be the solution to these security situation. Until Nigeria security agencies start adopting these measures am afraid these kind of news will keep making headlines.
if security for your business and home is important to you I recommend FogSecure http://fogsecure.com.ng. it is already protecting me and some businesses in Nigeria.
Re: Bomb Blast At Military Barracks In Jaji , Kaduna by stalinism: 4:54pm On Nov 25, 2012
BBC Africa 25 November 2012
Last updated at10:34 ET
Nigeria blasts: Eleven dead at Kaduna barracks churchTwo suicide bombs have hit a church inside a military barracks in Kaduna statein northern Nigeria, killing 11 people and injuring 30, officials say.A military spokesman told the BBC two vehicles were driven into the barracks in Jaji in what he described as "surprising and an embarrassment".It is not clear who was responsible for the attack.But the army suspects Islamist militant group Boko Haram, which has recently targeted churches in the state.The group is fighting to overthrow the government and impose an extreme form of Sharia, or Islamic law.The BBC's Will Ross in Lagos says that while Christians and churches are frequently targeted, this incident looks more like a direct attack on the military.On Friday, Nigeria's military offered a reward of 50m naira ($317,000; £197,709) for help in tracking down suspected Boko Haram leader Abubakar Shekau, and 10m each for other suspected leaders of the group.'Curious worshippers'The military said a bus entered the barracks and was driven into the wall of the church where it exploded.Ten minutes later, a car blew up outside the church."The first blast caused no casualties and curious worshippers gathered around thescene looking at the debris... and that was when the second blast happened," the military spokesman said.Eyewitnesses reported seeing bodies at the scene, and people being carried awayon stretchers.At least 50 people were killed in bombings in Kaduna in June and the reprisals that followed.And almost a month ago seven people died in a suicide bombing at a Roman Catholic church in the state.Kaduna is on the dividing line between Nigeria's mainly Christian south and the north, which has a large Muslim majority.
Re: Bomb Blast At Military Barracks In Jaji , Kaduna by funkybaby(f): 4:55pm On Nov 25, 2012
lacasa: With all the N1Trillion+ given to Nigerian Security chiefs most esp the Chief of Army Staff Lt.Gen Ihejirika & co., they should explain to Us how a bomb by-passed a whole "Military Cantonment" as big as Jaji's.

...(It's only when we start challenging the status quo that Nigerians will live in a Secure Country once Again)

**Our prayers goes out to the families of the deceased as we pray for God to rest the souls of the Dead.**

Exactly.

@post

Things just keep going from bad to worse.
Re: Bomb Blast At Military Barracks In Jaji , Kaduna by omodapson(m): 4:59pm On Nov 25, 2012
If a military base is not safe enough to worship God, it sure speaks volume embarassed.
Re: Bomb Blast At Military Barracks In Jaji , Kaduna by IleIfe2(m): 5:00pm On Nov 25, 2012
[size=14pt]A better understanding on how muslim fanatics reason and operate[/size]

BTW, if this was a Christian/Pastor bashing thread it would have been allowed to remain at the top but it has been buried under other threads so quickly on a Sunday, a slow news day. SMH

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sNNhG0zDtA8?version=3&amp;hl=en_GB&amp;rel=0"></param><param
Re: Bomb Blast At Military Barracks In Jaji , Kaduna by lorddannie: 5:09pm On Nov 25, 2012
taharqa: What exactly does Islam and Muhammd stand for? Abeg answer the guy. An average of 80 persons die every week from suicide bombers in diff countries in d world, and ALL d bombers are MUSLIMS who say they are fighting for Islam and Mohammed.... Islam has bn let down by a very small group of derangd and brainwashd extremists, and by a majority of Moderates who are so clueless as to what they ought to do to 'save' whateva is left of d image of d religion (the favorite response of these moderates been to manufacture conjectures in a desperate measure to salvage dis image). It is not working
let them be deceiving themselves, a religion symbolized by two swords, established by prophet who killed unbelievers, took people as slaves, married underage and followers go about doing the same thing all over the world, funding terrorism, violence unending suicide bombing, proliferating arms. But the same people are blindly claiming peace. What a shame!

5 Likes

Re: Bomb Blast At Military Barracks In Jaji , Kaduna by whitedove1: 5:16pm On Nov 25, 2012
COPIED: B*R*E*A*K*I*N*G News!
Northern Elders Condemned Govt Decision to Place Bounty on Boko Haram Leaders.

**Jonathan should rehabilitate Boko Haram members.
**paying to catch Boko Haram leaders shows that the FG has dropped negotiation.
**Boko Haran is killing our people daily & our economy is paralysed.
**"the Niger Delta militants never killed innocent civilians nor did they bomb churches. What is Boko Haram fighting for?

The Northern Elders Forum has described the act of offering cash rewards for the apprehension of Boko Haram's leaders by government as an act of insincerity on the part of government.

The forum insists that rather than focus on trying to apprehend the leaders of Boko Haram the government should treat them like it treated the Niger Delta militants and rehabilitate them.

Spokesman for the Northern Elders Forum, Dr. Paul Unongu said “The militants were rehabilitated and compensated with huge sums of money; some of them were given big contracts. If it was possible for the militants in the Niger Delta, which is Jonathan’s part of the country, why would it not be possible for Boko Haram in the North?”

Continuing further he said "on the surface, placing a bounty on the heads of the leaders of Boko Haram shows that the FG has dropped negotiation.”

He said it was the duty of the government to negotiate with Boko Haram saying further “When we (NEF) met the President, we suggested the carrot-and-stick approach to him and he accepted it. However, what is reprehensible is the excessive application of the stick. What Nigerians want to see is the end of the violence and loss of innocent lives.

“If Jonathan applies himself to it, he would identify people he can talk to and they would relate his message to Boko Haram. He has to create the atmosphere for that negotiation to happen.”

Another Northern elder, Dr. Bulama Gubio, said "Since the President has said there is no negotiation going on between the Federal Government and Boko Haram, what else can we say? All we can do is to continue to appeal to both sides to negotiate in the interest of the people.

“Our people are dying every day and our economy is paralysed. Borno State is still part of Nigeria, so the Federal Government should swallow its pride and go the extra mile to make sure the negotiation works. I don’t think Federal Government can solve the problem without negotiation.”

When the Northern Elders position was put to him a prominent pundit from the Niger Delta said "the Niger Delta militants never killed innocent civilians nor did they bomb churches. They were fighting for the economic rights which was a legitimate cause.
What are Boko Haram fighting for? Is it not to impose their religion on others? What are Huey contributing to the economy that the are being deprived of?
The Niger Delta was contributing the mainstay of the economy yet they were not getting much hence their fight. The Niger Delta was compensated with their own money.
If the Northern Elders want Boko Haram compensated then they should compensate them with money derived from their own region." - Naija pundit.

Feel Free to SHARE.

Report any suspicious persons and object to the law enforcement agencies, as that will save lives.

SHARE, LIKE & Tag your friends.
Join us for more on this News!
www.facebook.com/hopefornigeria
Re: Bomb Blast At Military Barracks In Jaji , Kaduna by whitedove1: 5:17pm On Nov 25, 2012
Re: Bomb Blast At Military Barracks In Jaji , Kaduna by Anniesalis(f): 5:40pm On Nov 25, 2012
Can't wait to leave this north. Save me O God.
Re: Bomb Blast At Military Barracks In Jaji , Kaduna by MrNigeria2(m): 5:42pm On Nov 25, 2012
my
Re: Bomb Blast At Military Barracks In Jaji , Kaduna by yohannazack(m): 5:58pm On Nov 25, 2012
No where is safe in dis country anymore. We need to pray for peace in nigeria.
Re: Bomb Blast At Military Barracks In Jaji , Kaduna by Nobody: 6:08pm On Nov 25, 2012
Nothing good can come from the north. It is a sad state Nigeria has found itselg. As if the massive corruption was not enough, we have terrorism - avoidable but no the northerners want it. I just wonder if the middle-belt people and northern christians would wake up one day. The middle-belters are used as errand boys to the north
Re: Bomb Blast At Military Barracks In Jaji , Kaduna by Demdem(m): 6:24pm On Nov 25, 2012
Retardeen is on top of the situation. Still reviewing the sponsors list with him.
Nigerians should calm down, terrorist attacks happen everywhere.

1 Like

Re: Bomb Blast At Military Barracks In Jaji , Kaduna by Cunninlingus: 6:26pm On Nov 25, 2012
divine2043: Nothing good can come from the north. It is a sad state Nigeria has found itselg. As if the massive corruption was not enough, we have terrorism - avoidable but no the northerners want it. I just wonder if the middle-belt people and northern christians would wake up one day. The middle-belters are used as errand boys to the north

This is has nothing to do with the Hausa or Northerner. The average Northerner is the most hospitable human you can come across and the life and custom of the Northerner is highly co-habitable.

This is a problem of Religion. Islam has polluted the best people on the planet.

Say No to Shaitan and his agent Mohammed!

1 Like

Re: Bomb Blast At Military Barracks In Jaji , Kaduna by mu2sa2: 6:30pm On Nov 25, 2012
[quyote author=monkeyleg]Serious considerations must be given to dividing this country. That is the only way peace will reign and this senseless violence would stop[/quote]yea, nigeria should split into 774 countries (current no. of LGAs ) and there will no more armed & pen robbers, no kidnappings, no corruption - all politicians will become saint-like, no bh, no spiritual killings, no 419, in fact all d countries will be paradise on earth and envy of the d rest of the world !!!
Re: Bomb Blast At Military Barracks In Jaji , Kaduna by Cunninlingus: 6:32pm On Nov 25, 2012
Demdem: Retardeen is on top of the situation. Still reviewing the sponsors list with him.
Nigerians should calm down, terrorist attacks happen everywhere.

Don't be f00lish. I was in Yobe some days back (don't ask why) and the scene is one of a mix between Liberian civil war and Taliban Afganistan. You have teenage boys from the almajirri stock armed to the teeth and intoxicated mowing people down irrespective of their religion. What struck me most is that one of these mujaheddin during interrogation kept insiting that he was doing allah's work. I heard of a bunch of islamic thugs killing people in the dead of the night and when the JTF were approaching they would scream to each other that it is time to go to their mansion in heaven while the other will say if I don't go to (muslim) paradise can you watch my crib for me?

These people are brainwashed to the point that they have no conscience of good or bad as long as it is done in the name of mohammed's allah.

This is beyound on elected official in Aso Rock. This is a pure perfect storm.

5 Likes

Re: Bomb Blast At Military Barracks In Jaji , Kaduna by otokx(m): 6:35pm On Nov 25, 2012
Cunninlingus:

Don't be f00lish. I was in Yobe some days back (don't ask why) and the scene is one of a mix between Liberian civil war and Taliban Afganistan. You have teenage boys from the almajirri stock armed to the teeth and intoxicated mowing people down irrespective of their religion. What struck me most is that one of these mujaheddin during interrogation kept insiting that he was doing allah's work. I heard of a bunch of islamic thugs killing people in the dead of the night and when the JTF were approaching they would scream to each other that it is time to go to their mansion in heaven while the other will say if I don't go to (muslim) paradise can you watch my crib for me?

These people are brainwashed to the point that they have no conscience of good or bad as long as it is done in the name of mohammed's allah.

wonder if JTF have this intel and if so what they are doing with it.
Re: Bomb Blast At Military Barracks In Jaji , Kaduna by ak47mann(m): 6:40pm On Nov 25, 2012
Re: Bomb Blast At Military Barracks In Jaji , Kaduna by Cunninlingus: 6:41pm On Nov 25, 2012
otokx:

wonder if JTF have this intel and if so what they are doing with it.

They know the enemy. The truth is no insurgency has been successfully put down. The security forces are dealing with a group of people who strongly believe that if they die or kill for their beliefs they are promised eternal paradise. The suicide bombings changed the chapter of violence in Nigeria and the security forces don't know how to deal with it. I don't blame them. Only the Israelis can contain such threats.

Life is hard in the north. Allah's paradise as dictated by mohammed seems like a good deal where ignorance and poverty persist.

The south isn't helping matters either by assuming this to be a northern problem while the truth of this is that the bok menace is much a plague to the north and non-muslims.

The northern states are populated by an even mix of muslims and non-muslims it's just that the Muslim north has always ruled the north.

OBJ broke this jinx when in office when he insisted that nominations for politcal appointments must not always be based on religion or the dominant hausa/fulani tribe.

This is the genesis of Boko Haram.
Re: Bomb Blast At Military Barracks In Jaji , Kaduna by Demdem(m): 7:06pm On Nov 25, 2012
Cunninlingus:

Actually, i will expect u to put ur brain to work. It still boils down to leadership failure. Inability and refusal to tackle the problem from the roots. Above all, the Retardeen has it under control. Brainwashing unfortunately didnt start today so dont make it a recent thing

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Omisore Accepts Open Debate With Aregbesola / Why Buhari Has No Certificate - Col Ben Gbulie (rtd) / Seyi Makinde: Nigeria Needs Security, Restructuring, Not Yoruba Presidency

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.