Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,939 members, 7,835,130 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 05:27 AM

Christians Are Atheists Too - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Christians Are Atheists Too (1494 Views)

Why Are Atheists All Over The World So Slow And Irrational / Why Are Atheists Always Talking About Religion / Why Are Atheists/agnostics Viewed So Vilely (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Christians Are Atheists Too by therationa(m): 8:33pm On Feb 08, 2008
Every christian is an atheist too. Every christian is an atheist with respect to the gods of Hindu, Sikhs, Muhammedans God, Zeus, Mithras, Horus, Dionysus, african gods, etc, etc. When the christian understand why they reject these gods, they will understand why I reject their god(s).

Muhammedans are atheist too just like christians
Re: Christians Are Atheists Too by stimulus(m): 8:36pm On Feb 08, 2008
therationa:

Every christian is an atheist too.

E don do! grin You're beginning to spin out of your center of gravity already! What do you understand by the term "atheist"?
Re: Christians Are Atheists Too by longman83(m): 8:47pm On Feb 08, 2008
therationa,
Now you're really becoming irrational.
Re: Christians Are Atheists Too by 4Him(m): 8:59pm On Feb 08, 2008
this is now beyond desperate.
Re: Christians Are Atheists Too by JeSoul(f): 9:06pm On Feb 08, 2008
Dictionary.com Unabridged (v 1.1) -
a·the·ist  Pronunciation Key - [ey-thee-ist]
–(noun) a person who denies or disbelieves the existence of a supreme being or beings. 

Alphazee I mean therationa,
by definition no one who believes in a higher power can be an atheist. Why do you persist at grasping at straws? you're fighting a losing battle my dear.

I think you should be banned from creating anymore of these kind of pointless threads! Oya Seun do your thing! grin cheesy
Re: Christians Are Atheists Too by Lady2(f): 9:07pm On Feb 08, 2008
@ Therationa

here's to laughing out really really loud at u.
Re: Christians Are Atheists Too by 4Him(m): 9:12pm On Feb 08, 2008
JeSoul:

I think you should be banned from creating anymore of these kind of pointless threads! Oya Seun do your thing! grin cheesy

we will not descend to the depths of the m uslims my sister. Only people who are confused will be afraid of questions.
Indeed there is no point going into some of these cleverly provocative "questions" as they do nothing but engender strife and endless genealogies but as the Lord giveth wisdom we shall continue to set them straight.

Who knows, somene might be touched by the TRUTH. Its not their fault, the enemy hath blinded their eyes . . . seeing they see and do not percieve.
Re: Christians Are Atheists Too by stimulus(m): 9:19pm On Feb 08, 2008
He-ha! grin

Guys, I could anticipate where he's coming from - I just could be a bit prophetic about this. There's a group of atheists now that are trying to help us see the other side of the argument - not by acknowledging the dictionary definition of the word 'atheism'; but by asking us to go back to the etymology of the term as comes from its use from ancient Greek thinking - like this one.

In any case, after all the arguments on the etymology of a.theism as "no god" or "godless", we still have to come back and ask therationa what to do with the definition of the word by atheists themselves who speak of it in terms of "the non-existence of god"!

The logic he is desperately seeking here even falls flat on its face when closely scrutinized. But I'll hold my peace for now until his fatwa is issued; then I'll lead him back to the gaps of the ideas he's been harvesting from other sites! grin
Re: Christians Are Atheists Too by JeSoul(f): 1:04am On Feb 09, 2008
4Him:

we will not descend to the depths of the m uslims my sister. Only people who are confused will be afraid of questions.
Indeed there is no point going into some of these cleverly provocative "questions" as they do nothing but engender strife and endless genealogies but as the Lord giveth wisdom we shall continue to set them straight.

Who knows, somene might be touched by the TRUTH. Its not their fault, the enemy hath blinded their eyes . . . seeing they see and do not percieve.
  my brotha I hear you jare. It's just that sometimes I can't help but scratch my head. But you are right, 1 person in 100 could be changed and that is certainly worth it dealing with the other 99.

stimulus:

He-ha! grin

Guys, I could anticipate where he's coming from - I just could be a bit prophetic about this. There's a group of atheists now that are trying to help us see the other side of the argument - not by acknowledging the dictionary definition of the word 'atheism'; but by asking us to go back to the etymology of the term as comes from its use from ancient Greek thinking - like this one.

In any case, after all the arguments on the etymology of a.theism as "no god" or "godless", we still have to come back and ask therationa what to do with the definition of the word by atheists themselves who speak of it in terms of "the non-existence of god"!

The logic he is desperately seeking here even falls flat on its face when closely scrutinized. But I'll hold my peace for now until his fatwa is issued; then I'll lead him back to the gaps of the ideas he's been harvesting from other sites! grin
Abegi Oh! fatwa is one word oga Seun doesn't want to hear! lol. . . but please continue to expose our resident plaigirist for what he is.
Re: Christians Are Atheists Too by Nobody: 10:27am On Feb 09, 2008
I respect atheists because they are my brothers and sisters.

I mourn for them because they hold a position they cannot defend.

Christians have held and defended their position for more than 2000 years.

You are obviously far from Christianity ( or any great religion for that matter). Your questions betray an inner emptiness. Pity.
Re: Christians Are Atheists Too by Maykelly(f): 11:19am On Feb 09, 2008
imhotep:

I respect atheists because they are my brothers and sisters.

I mourn for them because they hold a position they cannot defend.

Christians have held and defended their position for more than 2000 years.

You are obviously far from Christianity ( or any great religion for that matter). Your questions betray an inner emptiness. Pity.

I don't unserstand. which side are you self? Born Again or Pagan
Re: Christians Are Atheists Too by Nobody: 11:21am On Feb 09, 2008
May kelly:

I don't unserstand. which side are you self? Born Again or Pagan

Wow. Whose side do you think I am on?
Re: Christians Are Atheists Too by Maykelly(f): 11:30am On Feb 09, 2008
imhotep:

Wow. Whose side do you think I am on?

imhotep, i don't know wether your on the LORD'S side or?
Re: Christians Are Atheists Too by Nobody: 11:52am On Feb 09, 2008
May kelly:

imhotep, i don't know wether your on the LORD'S side or?
Good. Let me give you an assignment. Look through my posts and tell me which side I am on.
Re: Christians Are Atheists Too by stimulus(m): 3:09pm On Feb 09, 2008
therationa:

Every christian is an atheist too.

So, how far now? Share with us why or how you came to that idea! cheesy
Re: Christians Are Atheists Too by olabowale(m): 4:27pm On Feb 09, 2008
@Stimulus: Almost, atheist: REason is that while hardcore atheist does not believe in the existence of God, Christian made Him to multiple gods. Just like the Hindu, who has god for every thing. And the Hindu even is unashamed because of his usage of body parts and animals to denote god(s). The Christian just limit his god(s) to father, which connotes a family (human aspect of interrelationship, having a sexual underpinnings), son a somewhat lesser than father in authority, and the passive holy ghost. But the catholic begs the mother/wife (Mary) the mother of Jesus, to appeal to father and or son.

It is the above that makes it 'almost,' category. It is just a shade different from outright, templed idol worshipping.
Re: Christians Are Atheists Too by stimulus(m): 4:50pm On Feb 09, 2008
@olabowale,

The insignia of 'almost' does not apply to the Christian being describe as atheistic. It is alright to try to force the idea upon us, for obvious reasons including that you have an unreasonable disaffection towards everything related to those belonging to Christ (Christians).

Nonetheless, as Christians, we are not ashamed to state our unwavering faith in Jesus Christ the Son of the living God. We have been through your idea of ascribing sexual connotation to the confession of God as 'FATHER' - and up until now, you have been too scared and too shy to face up to the invitation I offered you and babs787 several times to discuss that very issue. Knowing God as 'Father' has nothing to do with sexual inuendos - and there's no denying the fact that I.slam has fixated the idea of a lewd Jannah in the minds of M.uslims.

At any rate, the challenge is still open as at the first:

stimulus:

What do you understand by the term "atheist"?

Trying to force your 'almost' on Christians when you have no clue what the term implies, really shows your mind as working overtime in the wrong store. cheesy
Re: Christians Are Atheists Too by olabowale(m): 11:01pm On Feb 09, 2008
@Stimulus; Don't be hatin! If you hate me using the almost, then remove it. Thats exactly what I mean. Finally, I do not hate everything Christian; My mother used to be one. Until Allah made the light of belief entered her heart. And I love a Christian woman, once. Now, all I wanna do is bring everyone of ya, into the fold of Islam. I know thats a tall order. But withallah, everything is possible.
Re: Christians Are Atheists Too by Nobody: 1:52am On Feb 10, 2008
I'm sorry, this is not an insult, but I just can't understand what Olabowale writes I wonder how you guys understand
Re: Christians Are Atheists Too by buzzgonz(m): 2:25am On Feb 10, 2008
No bi only you, infact my eyes dey pain me undecided
Re: Christians Are Atheists Too by stimulus(m): 10:02am On Feb 10, 2008
@stillwater,

stillwater:
I'm sorry, this is not an insult, but I just can't understand what Olabowale writes I wonder how you guys understand

My sista, I tire! Na hard work to decode wetin the guy dey yan; and then to even make sense from the incoherence sef, na wah! grin
Re: Christians Are Atheists Too by stimulus(m): 10:07am On Feb 10, 2008
@olabowale,

olabowale:

@Stimulus; Don't be hatin! If you hate me using the almost, then remove it. Thats exactly what I mean. Finally, I do not hate everything Christian; My mother used to be one. Until God made the light of belief entered her heart. And I love a Christian woman, once. Now, all I want to do is bring everyone of ya, into the fold of The Great Religion. I know thats a tall order. But withallah, everything is possible.

I'll not be tedious to you; so I'll just remain within the topic of the thread. My query about your 'almost' was not "hating" - I don't see how it translates to that. The one simple question I asked was not answered in your rejoinder; so here it is again:

If you can't reason through the question, then all else you have written do not even sound a gong.
Re: Christians Are Atheists Too by therationa(m): 1:12pm On Feb 10, 2008
Muhammedans are atheist too just like christians.
Re: Christians Are Atheists Too by stimulus(m): 1:34pm On Feb 10, 2008
therationa:

When are you going to grow beyond the cheap tantrums and be man enough to discuss the challenges offered you already? At least, besides others, I offered you this initially:

stimulus:

Do you care to stop hiding behind those childish games of throwing cheap allegations and employ some reasoning to discuss the above?
Re: Christians Are Atheists Too by olabowale(m): 2:16am On Feb 11, 2008

If you can't reason through the question, then all else you have written do not even sound a gong.
Stimulus, I thought I had indicated that my almost atheist label had indicated that you, as a Christians does not truly believe that God exist, in His Singly entirety as an Entity. Except that you believe that He exist in the same way as Hindus. But limits your Multiplicity to just 3, instead of the uncountable form the Hindu thinks He exists. Since your concept of His existence is warped, it could be construed, because of its gravity as not a belief of His existence at all!

Your first Mistake Therationa. There is nothing in Islam called Muhammedan(s) or any derivative of it. I will like you to explain how you come about the Muslims being labelled as atheists by you? If Muslims are atheists, who then believe that God exist as He truly does?
Re: Christians Are Atheists Too by stimulus(m): 10:16am On Feb 11, 2008
@olabowale,

I'll not want to drag on endlessly with your deliberate accusations - indeed I find them very immature. However, I'll simply focus on the very issue that interests us all in this thread, to which I wanted your direct response:

olabowale:

Stimulus, I thought I had indicated that my almost atheist label had indicated that you, as a Christians does not truly believe that God exist, in His Singly entirety as an Entity.

Atheism is a matter of questioning the existence of God - and I have never at any time come close to denying the existence of God. Please olabowale, refrain from this childish rants - they do not speak well of your age, nor do you score any marks to promote Is[b]l[/b]am thereby!

It is not now a question of what form of existence people believe in "God". Atheism is not a debate about "forms" of God-existence; rather it is about the non-existence of God/deity!

Is there any place where I ever inferred that I do not believe in the existence of God? I'd very much appreciate a direct and honest response from you, thank you.
Re: Christians Are Atheists Too by stimulus(m): 10:24am On Feb 11, 2008
@olabowale,

olabowale:
Your first Mistake Therationa. There is nothing in Islam called Muhammedan(s) or any derivative of it.

Begging to excuse the term 'Muhammedan(s)' from Is[b]l[/b]am does not remove the fact of what it has come to mean - sample it here. There is no reason why you want to force unrealistic claims on others but beg to apologise when you meet with the same pun upon yourselves.

olabowale:

I will like you to explain how you come about the Muslim being labelled as atheists by you?

I'd like you to explain how you dishonestly came to labelling me an 'almost atheist'?

olabowale:

If Muslims are atheists, who then believe that God exist as He truly does?

If you accuse others unfairly, why complain when the same thing is said about you?
Re: Christians Are Atheists Too by luvus: 10:26am On Feb 11, 2008
@olabowale

good morning, well i feel this thread actually is against the existence of God not against which god or gods. thus implying we are facing a common front from the same source atheist, so please lets take the discusion of God between us to another thread and mayb discuss it latter but now lets consentrate on the common front ATHIEST.

(1) (Reply)

Ahmed Dedat Actually Believed That Messiah Jesus Was The Allah Of Muhammad ! / Tonto Dike Does Nt Fear God / Pastor David Ogueli Warns J. Martins Of Hell

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.