Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,490 members, 7,823,147 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 04:22 AM

Questions For Married Men - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Questions For Married Men (9754 Views)

Married Men And Women: Is It A Must You Take Dinner With Your Spouses? / Is It Right For Married People To Go Clubbing ??? / For Married and soon to be married Men (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Questions For Married Men by maclatunji: 10:30am On Nov 26, 2012
1. Do you agree that you are the head/leader of your home?

2. Do you accept that you are primarily responsible for financing the provision of the basic needs (food, clothing & shelter)of your wife/kids?

3. Do you accept that you have a duty to do everything in your power to ensure the general well-being of your wife/kids?

4. How would you want your wife to react if you answered in the affirmative to questions 1-3 but find that you cannot meet-up with these obligations after genuinely putting-in your best effort?

5. Do you find it easy to acknowledge when you are wrong or have done wrong? How do you apologise?

To avoid derailing, I suggest that single men (and women) have a look at this thread https://www.nairaland.com/1090291/problems-marriage-need-talk, it has some questions you might find interesting enough for you to answer.

Thank you.

1 Like

Re: Questions For Married Men by coogar: 11:10am On Nov 26, 2012
maclatunji: 1. Do you agree that you are the head/leader of your home?

yeah - i have been the head right from when the relationship started. as the man, i take charge!

2. Do you accept that you are primarily responsible for financing the provision of the basic needs (food, clothing & shelter)of your wife/kids?

yeah - i accept!

3. Do you accept that you have a duty to do everything in your power to ensure the general well-being of your wife/kids?

yeah - that's the essence of my manhood!
everything in my power must be done to provide for my wife and kids!

4. How would you want your wife to react if you answered in the affirmative to questions 1-3 but find that you cannot meet-up with these obligations after genuinely putting-in your best effort?

she should sit me down and offer her best support - she should understand and trust me completely that i am doing my very best to change the situation....she should also remember when the going was good - i never held back! in a nutshell, understanding one's partner is the key!

5. Do you find it easy to acknowledge when you are wrong or have done wrong? How do you apologise?

i am not ashamed to say sorry to my spouse when i do wrong - it effectively puts out unnecessary arguments - my spouse is also peace-loving, the apologies are promptly accepted and it's all good in the hood!

13 Likes

Re: Questions For Married Men by Johndoe100(m): 11:19am On Nov 26, 2012
1. Yes, who else would have been?

2. Yes

3. Yes

4. My wife is up to the task of taking over the bills.

5. I am never wrong and even if I am, I am still right . Why would I apologize?
Re: Questions For Married Men by BABE3: 11:39am On Nov 26, 2012
coogar:

yeah - i have been the head right from when the relationship started. as the man, i take charge!
yeah - i accept!
she should sit me down and offer her best support - she should understand and trust me completely that i am doing my very best to change the situation....she should also remember when the going was good - i never held back! in a nutshell, understanding one's partner is the key!
i am not ashamed to say sorry to my spouse when i do wrong - it effectively puts out unnecessary arguments - my spouse is also peace-loving, the apologies are promptly accepted and it's all good in the hood!

Had me blushing. Olowo ori mi, Adufe. smiley

3 Likes

Re: Questions For Married Men by Ibime(m): 11:49am On Nov 26, 2012
coogar:

yeah - i accept!

Are you a married man? Ode!

7 Likes

Re: Questions For Married Men by Nobody: 11:50am On Nov 26, 2012
I'm not yet married but when i do, my answers to all these questions would come from wife wink
Re: Questions For Married Men by Nobody: 11:51am On Nov 26, 2012
I ACCEPT[color=#990000][/color]
Re: Questions For Married Men by Nobody: 11:54am On Nov 26, 2012
jammyng: I'm not yet married but when i do, my answers to all these questions would come from wife wink
On point.

So I guess we bachelors should work hard to be able to meet up with the responsibilities.
Re: Questions For Married Men by charliekay: 11:54am On Nov 26, 2012
Al dis questn hw e cum concern garri community..abeg pack...we'll it al depends y u marry
Re: Questions For Married Men by Omokaro2acca: 11:55am On Nov 26, 2012
that is how to be responsible as a man

1 Like

Re: Questions For Married Men by aryzgreat: 11:56am On Nov 26, 2012
MTCHEEEEEEEEEEW! angry angry angry

am expecting a BAN!
Re: Questions For Married Men by coogar: 12:00pm On Nov 26, 2012
BABE!:

Had me blushing. Olowo ori mi, Adufe. smiley

thank you, my beautiful wife!

Ibime:
Are you a married man? Ode!

at least, you should pretend to be a gentleman....this is a section of responsible men so quit acting like an agbero

2 Likes

Re: Questions For Married Men by Nobody: 12:15pm On Nov 26, 2012
aryzgreat: MTCHEEEEEEEEEEW! angry angry angry

am expecting a BAN!
answer the questions na! why you dey hiss? some men sef.....shior!
Re: Questions For Married Men by LongOne1(m): 12:29pm On Nov 26, 2012
I am not married yet, but is the OP too? My answers would be:

1, Yes, and the full time captain of her ship 24-7-365.

2, Yes.

3, Yes.

4, What can I say? Life is hard, besides, it is not a democracy, and if it is, Jonathan has not kept up to his promises, talk less of ‘poor’ me. grin grin grin
On a more serious note, this is when I need her support/understanding more than ever, so it does not affect my male ego resulting in that ‘I’m useless’ feeling.

5, Yes. In this context, apologising would be doing something she really likes, then giving her mind-blowing, make-up ... (use your imagination).

3 Likes

Re: Questions For Married Men by samally: 12:31pm On Nov 26, 2012
Johndoe100: 1. Yes, who else would have been?

2. Yes

3. Yes

4. My wife is up to the task of taking over the bills.

Why would you apologize
Kid words...I guess ur in mature enough to keep an happy home remember once ur married you need to double your patient from 100% to 190%, that is if you love your wife and want to keep an happy home..
Re: Questions For Married Men by gwas(m): 12:35pm On Nov 26, 2012
A responsible married man should yeah all the op statements.

1 Like

Re: Questions For Married Men by Nobody: 12:43pm On Nov 26, 2012
So right...You got it...
Brand_new:

So I guess we bachelors should work hard to be able to meet up with the responsibilities.
Re: Questions For Married Men by Nobody: 12:45pm On Nov 26, 2012
Quite simple...so peace can flourish in the home... cheesy
Johndoe100:

1 Like

Re: Questions For Married Men by Nobody: 1:00pm On Nov 26, 2012
@ OP, My answer to the questions is YES, and i try the best way i can to apologize to my wify whenever i go wrong, however, the problem with some marriages is that the woman will do silly things out of curiosity and suspicion to change her husband, in the end they complain he is not the man she married.

2 Likes

Re: Questions For Married Men by AtheistD(m): 1:06pm On Nov 26, 2012
maclatunji: 1. Do you agree that you are the head/leader of your home?

To avoid derailing, I suggest that single men (and women) have a look at this thread https://www.nairaland.com/1090291/problems-marriage-need-talk, it has some questions you might find interesting enough for you to answer.

Thank you.

1. Yes but all decision making and responsibilities are shared.

2. Yes I do.

3. Yes I do.

4. To respect the circumstances that led to such failings and support in any way she can.

5. If I am wrong I will always apologise promptly. I state that i apologise for the action that i accept now realise to be wrong. I am truly sorry and i will make every effort to prevent such an occurrence from repeating itself.
Re: Questions For Married Men by tonym1(m): 1:09pm On Nov 26, 2012
1. YES
2. YES
3. YES
4. MY WIFE WILL SAY LEAVE EVERYTHING TO GOD
5. NO, BUT LATER APOLOGISE AT A LATER TIME
grin
Re: Questions For Married Men by Nobody: 1:09pm On Nov 26, 2012
next topic on nairaland that will make frontpage.
do you eat amala and ewedu?
Re: Questions For Married Men by RudySmith(m): 1:18pm On Nov 26, 2012
@Poster
these questions should b directed at the wives of all the people who replied, and not them. The hypocrisy of men is very apparent while going through this tread. As 4 ur questions:

1. The leadership of a home is only true and valid if it is handed 2 men by women. Any leadership that is taken by force or fear is worthless.

2. Marriage is a union of 2 able bodied adults, who should do their best 2 provide the best 4 their family, so it is the responsibility of both of them 2 provide food clothing and shelter 2 the family.

3. They both have a duty 2 do everything in their power 2 ensure the general well being of the family. There will b something very wrong if a wife could raise the family standard but doesn't do it bcuz she doesn't believe it is her duty or bcuz hubby's ego is in the way.

4. If any person answered yes 2 all the above questions then they should b divorced the minute they cannot provide what they supposedly claim is their duty. Men should stand by their words or shut the hell up.

5. *I am sorry I was wrong* is a simple way 2 apologize, so long as the person means what they are saying.
Thank you.

5 Likes

Re: Questions For Married Men by ireke(m): 1:20pm On Nov 26, 2012
1. Yes
2. Yes but No. For example, I take care of long term issues and big ticket items, while her salary takes care of daily/monthly feeding.
3. Yes. That is what it means to be a father/husband
4. Help me, assist is any way she could. after that, all we can do is commit it into God's hands
5. I lead by example so I try apologize when I know I was wrong.
Re: Questions For Married Men by maclatunji: 1:41pm On Nov 26, 2012
RudySmith: @Poster
these questions should b directed at the wives of all the people who replied, and not them. The hypocrisy of men is very apparent while going through this tread. As 4 ur questions:

1. The leadership of a home is only true and valid if it is handed 2 men by women. Any leadership that is taken by force or fear is worthless.

2. Marriage is a union of 2 able bodied adults, who should do their best 2 provide the best 4 their family, so it is the responsibility of both of them 2 provide food clothing and shelter 2 the family.

3. They both have a duty 2 do everything in their power 2 ensure the general well being of the family. There will b something very wrong if a wife could raise the family standard but doesn't do it bcuz she doesn't believe it is her duty or bcuz hubby's ego is in the way.

4. If any person answered yes 2 all the above questions then they should b divorced the minute they cannot provide what they supposedly claim is their duty. Men should stand by their words or shut the hell up.

5. *I am sorry I was wrong* is a simple way 2 apologize, so long as the person means what they are saying.
Thank you.

I want men to think about the issues the questions bring-up and answer them. Not what their wives think- no matter what the wives think, it is what the men think, say and do that is important for learning on this thread.
Re: Questions For Married Men by RudySmith(m): 2:15pm On Nov 26, 2012
^^^^What u wrote is very bias, because marriage is not about men only. There can b no peace in marriage thinking the way u do. Open ur mind and let's involve women in such matters!
Re: Questions For Married Men by Nobody: 2:24pm On Nov 26, 2012
Maclatunji,these people cannot accept things the way Allah wants it,they like to share bills wiv their wives,and all other evils follows after e.g perpetual nappy changing,sweeping etc,no wonder their hormone changes and they turn gay.

1 Like

Re: Questions For Married Men by RudySmith(m): 2:38pm On Nov 26, 2012
^^^ What has allah got 2 do with anything here? pls do point out 2 us all where u read in ur Qur'an that men *only* should pay bill and that they shouldn't change nappies or sweep floors.

U certainly talk like the thousands of women who have nothing 2 offer in marriage, but 2 holes 2 f.uck and feed, no wonder.

1 Like

Re: Questions For Married Men by Johndoe100(m): 2:49pm On Nov 26, 2012
uplawal: Maclatunji,these people cannot accept things the way Allah wants it,they like to share bills wiv their wives,and all other evils follows after e.g perpetual nappy changing,sweeping etc,no wonder their hormone changes and they turn gay.

Thank you young lady, at least you have your priorities straight.

RudySmith: ^^^ What has allah got 2 do with anything here? pls do point out 2 us all where u read in ur Qur'an that men *only* should pay bill and that they shouldn't change nappies or sweep floors.

U certainly talk like the thousands of women who have nothing 2 offer in marriage, but 2 holes 2 f.uck and feed, no wonder.

Where do all this pimple faced adolescents come from? You sound like those semi homosexual pansies, hell, what am I saying you probably are one. Go back to school and study. When you grow up come back.
Re: Questions For Married Men by RudySmith(m): 3:02pm On Nov 26, 2012
Johndoe100: Where do all this pimple faced adolescents come from? You sound like those semi homosexual pansies, hell, what am I saying you probably are one. Go back to school and study. When you grow up come back.

Coming from someone who wrote that he is never wrong, and even when he is, he is still right, I have 2 ask who is the adolescent here, LWKMD.
Let me guess, u r.ape ur wife whenever she denies u of sex? Oh no, even better, U beat the crap out of her if she disagree with ur conceited self?
We all know ur type, u smell foul from a mile down the road with ur stu.pid way of thinking.

6 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Share Your Worst Or Funny Experience With Sleep Talkers Or Sleep Walkers. / Nigerian Women And Abortion / Under What Circumstances Would You Adopt A Child?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.