Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,034 members, 7,818,055 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 06:09 AM

Cynthia Osokogu’s Murder: Pharmacists Are Released Unconditionally - Crime (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Cynthia Osokogu’s Murder: Pharmacists Are Released Unconditionally (13453 Views)

Cynthia Osokogu Was Chained & Strangled To Death / The Faces Of Cynthia Osokogu’s Alleged Murderers / Cynthia Osokogu Was Killed By Her FaceBook Friends (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Cynthia Osokogu’s Murder: Pharmacists Are Released Unconditionally by Ticklishmummy(f): 4:26pm On Nov 26, 2012
temodent:
I'm sure if they were your relations you would be singing a different song. Granted they violated the ethic of their profession but being slammed with murder is way out of it.

Just the same way if your relations were involved you would be singing a different song.Why dont you put that girl who is in the mortuary into consideration?

I dont have the time to chat with people who are so blinded with stupid sentiments,that is the major reason why Nigeria is the way it is now. ''Man know man'' ,blaming everything on the devil,people never standing up to take responsibility for their actions which cost other people their lives,wellbeing and the likes,asking God for all sorts etc....''

If something is WRONG it is F TO THE U TO THE C TO THE K TO THE I TO THE N TO THE G TO THE EFFING WRONG,dont feed me some with sob stories!
Re: Cynthia Osokogu’s Murder: Pharmacists Are Released Unconditionally by Sweetdbest: 4:37pm On Nov 26, 2012
Good judgement.
Re: Cynthia Osokogu’s Murder: Pharmacists Are Released Unconditionally by Nobody: 4:41pm On Nov 26, 2012
After flashing their innocent faces all over the papers,ruining their lives for a moment and people heaping insults on them.I knew they committed no crime all along.
What they did was violation of ethics ,selling controlled substances without a prescription which is common practice in Nigeria,they had no hand in the woman's death.
The NPF was over zealous here and I am glad they have regained their freedom to move on with their lives

There is no way for a trader to determine if the aboki buying a knife from him wants to use it for suya or for rituals
Rohypnol has a valid pharmaceutical use,a pharmacist has no way of knowing what the buyer intends to use it for.

1 Like

Re: Cynthia Osokogu’s Murder: Pharmacists Are Released Unconditionally by omobah: 4:46pm On Nov 26, 2012
:oEvery drug has the potential to kill..Even, Paracetamol that could be taken by a day old child. They may have sold the druge to them doesn make them an accomplice to murder. Thank God the bad guy are cough

1 Like

Re: Cynthia Osokogu’s Murder: Pharmacists Are Released Unconditionally by coogar: 4:56pm On Nov 26, 2012
truth has prevailed....
the nigerian police has no right arresting the pharmacists in the first place, our judiciary is so backwards. yes, they sold drugs without prescription but this is a common practise all over nigeria. too bad someone died this time but you cannot slap a murder rap on the pharmacists unless they knew beforehand the drugs they were supplying were going to be used to kill someone.....

i hope these lads have learnt their lessons.....

1 Like

Re: Cynthia Osokogu’s Murder: Pharmacists Are Released Unconditionally by Jodesky(m): 5:00pm On Nov 26, 2012
Ticklishmummy:
You will also have to get your faceless self RE-CHECKED back into rehab cos it appears to me that your unknown extinct self is high on cheap drugs.
Someone like you and me lies stone dead in the mortuary because a half baked self professed pharmacist choose to sell controlled drugs to some idiots and you are here chatting shit to me with some bogus and UNACCEPTABLE TERMS! Feel free to chat me more dust but you can be rest assured that I am fired up to reply people like you who find it so convinient to find an excuse for everything under the sun which also explains why you have gone ahead to create a new ID to reply me.Too bad this is a faceless forum.

Do me a favour,stick your 'faceless' face where the sun don't shine!

You need to undergo an intensive lesson in logic. What the guy posted was the real deal but instead of concealing your warped sense of logic, you are brazen enough to post this trash. The Police did not say that the drug killed the girl and am sure you are not dumb enough to day it did. The Pharmacists may be charged with 'malpractice' under the relevant laws but certainly not murder or anything close to murder.
Please humble yourself and simply ask questions so you can learn. Your post is an embarrassing manifestation of illiteracy.

Sorry o!

10 Likes

Re: Cynthia Osokogu’s Murder: Pharmacists Are Released Unconditionally by UnknownMember: 5:03pm On Nov 26, 2012
Ticklishmummy:

You will also have to get your faceless self RE-CHECKED back into rehab cos it appears to me that your unknown extinct self is high on cheap drugs.
Someone like you and me lies stone dead in the mortuary because a half baked self professed pharmacist choose to sell controlled drugs to some idiots and you are here chatting shit to me with some bogus and UNACCEPTABLE TERMS! Feel free to chat me more dust but you can be rest assured that I am fired up to reply people like you who find it so convinient to find an excuse for everything under the sun which also explains why you have gone ahead to create a new ID to reply me.Too bad this is a faceless forum.

Wow!! Talk about being uncouth.

I neither disrespected nor insulted you in my post. Anyways, I have spelt out the harsh truth to you. Feel free to read through that post, understand it and get educated, or you can keep running your mouth off and spewing all that senseless sentimental garbage. Thank God you are not the Police, its folks like you that carry out extra-judicial killings. From the very start of this case, it was obvious that those Pharmacists had no case to answer with the police but rather with the board that licenses their practice.

On a final note, I'm done schooling a r`etard, I have a better chance of squeezing water out of a rock than getting you to understand why the Police released the boys.

Oya, say something s'tupid in response.. I'm waiting!

4 Likes

Re: Cynthia Osokogu’s Murder: Pharmacists Are Released Unconditionally by Nobody: 5:06pm On Nov 26, 2012
In Law, there is criminal liability and civil liability. While the pharmacists have been determined not to be criminally liable (which I disagree with), they can still be sued in a civil court by the family of the dead lady. The act of selling a controlled substance without a prescription, that was used to sedate and kill an innocent person, in my opinion should be prosecuted under gross professional misconduct or criminally negligent homicide. There is a law that regulates the practice of pharmacy in Nigeria.

If what they did had happened in the West, they would be sued for every last penny they have by the dead lady's family and their professional license would be permanently revoked by the licensing authority for gross misconduct. They should be punished by the regulatory authorities by revocation of their practicing licenses.
Re: Cynthia Osokogu’s Murder: Pharmacists Are Released Unconditionally by Jodesky(m): 5:08pm On Nov 26, 2012
Unknown Member:

I neither disrespected nor insulted you in my post. Anyways, I have spelt out the harsh truth to you. Feel free to read through that post, understand it and get educated, or you can keep running your mouth off and spewing all that senseless sentimental garbage. Thank God you are not the Police, its folks like you that carry out extra-judicial killings. From the very start of this case, it was obvious that those Pharmacists had no case to answer with the police but rather with the board that licenses their practice.

On a final note, I'm done schooling a r`etard, I have a better chance of squeezing water out of a rock than getting you to understand why the Police released the boys.

Oya, say something s'tupid in response.. I'm waiting!

I don't expect her to join issues with you any further. You never can tell though.......... morons are on the prowl all over the place now. She might want to advertise her low IQ further.

2 Likes

Re: Cynthia Osokogu’s Murder: Pharmacists Are Released Unconditionally by micki83(m): 5:09pm On Nov 26, 2012
Ticklishmummy:

I am not sure if I understand this post but shouldn't there be something called controlled drugs? drugs that should NEVER be made available to buy over the counter if it is possible to cause even the slightest harm to the human body.These drugs should ONLY be available by prescription.

FEEL FREE TO CRUCIFY ME PLEASE but this aint right!They should be purnished for selling out a potentially harmful drug JUST LIKE THAT!!

“there was no evidence where the pharmacists had an agreement with the first and second defendants to kill the late Ms Osokogu.”

Really?What a big stinking joke!! But they sold the killers a drug which was termed as an obnoxious substance (Rohpynol Flunitrazepam tablets) which by virtue should never have found its way to their shelfs. Why stock it in first place. I dont believe this is their first time really and this whole case just reeks of something I can't place my hand on.

U're absolutely right my dear;u do not understand dis post.fret not;I shall explain it to u in simple terms,cos I'm kind-hearted like that.just pay attention and read carefully.
D fact that they were discharged from d murder case does not mean that there won't be consequences for selling d drug without a prescription.It simply means that the judge realises that it wuld be insane to accuse them of murdering a girl who they probabbly never knew existed.u do know that d 2 actually killers didn't go into d shop and say:"come,pharm osi and pharm nonso,pls giv us rohypnol cos we want to murder a young girl with it...",right?
Ppl buy controlled drugs without prescriptions everyday(sad,but true),but u can't accuse d pharmacist of knowing for sure,what d customer will do with d drug wen he gets home.becos customers can lie!
Don't worry that they will go 'unpunished';d pharmaceutical society of nigeria will deal with them according to d rules concerning professional misconduct(not murder!)
Come now,if u owned a supermarket that sells kitchen utensils,and a customer buys a kitchen knife from u,only to use it to murder his wife and kids,shuld u,d owner of d supermarket be arrested and tried as an accomplice to murder,just cos u sold d murder weapon?
I hope I've bin able to clear ur confusion a bit...u're welcome.

3 Likes

Re: Cynthia Osokogu’s Murder: Pharmacists Are Released Unconditionally by coogar: 5:11pm On Nov 26, 2012
there are so many simpletons on this forum.........
Re: Cynthia Osokogu’s Murder: Pharmacists Are Released Unconditionally by Nobody: 5:22pm On Nov 26, 2012
Most women put sentiments before logic.it is rare to see women argue logically in this forum without resorting to insults.i dont mean any insult to the intelligent ones but some people here just post before thinking. . .
Re: Cynthia Osokogu’s Murder: Pharmacists Are Released Unconditionally by agabaI23(m): 5:22pm On Nov 26, 2012
olenyi: I believe now they will be investigated by the Pharmaceuticals Society of Nigeria, and if found culpable, will be purnished accordenly.
More like pharmacist's council.
Re: Cynthia Osokogu’s Murder: Pharmacists Are Released Unconditionally by afrodoc(m): 5:30pm On Nov 26, 2012
those calling for the heads of the pharmacists should remember that Rohypnol wasn't what was used to kill the poor girl,it was just used to incapacitate her.Also there seems to be no proof that these guys conspired with the actual killers or knew of their plans.These guys have a case to answer not with the police but with the Pharmacists Council of Nigeria.
Negligence or some other malpractice issue but definitely not murder.in the US u hear of cases where guys buy firearms without due process and go on killing sprees thereafter,in those cases the gun merchants are not tried for murder or as accessories(and these r guys who sold the actual murder weapon o).The practice of selling prescription drug is widespread in Nigeria and not an indication of criminal character just negligence and disregard for ethics.and people should read more about the drug,it is a normal benzodiazepine like Valium and Lexotan which have similar properties and r useful in treating insomnia,anxiety,convulsions and even skeletal muscle spasms.it is NOT a murder weapon and was NOT USED as such in this case

1 Like

Re: Cynthia Osokogu’s Murder: Pharmacists Are Released Unconditionally by micki83(m): 5:31pm On Nov 26, 2012
Ticklishmummy:

U amaze me,really! Dis guy did not insult u in anyway;he just stated his arguement in a very civil and intellectual manner,and u respond by insulting him like a street girl?how old are u,really?u alreday said it b4 that u don't understand what u just read,so why don't u sit back and try to understand by reading d comments of ppl who actually do understand what they r discussing. U obviously are responding to dis issue based purely on sentiments.what u're saying now is that d two pharmacist woke up that day with d thot "I am goin to kill cynthia osokugo today" on their mind.
P.s:u already said u're ready to attack anyone that tries to reason with u,so I guess I know what to expect from u next.

2 Likes

Re: Cynthia Osokogu’s Murder: Pharmacists Are Released Unconditionally by ESULAALU: 5:32pm On Nov 26, 2012
I have been an avid follower of this site for a while now and I couldnt help but open an account to comment on this topic.

Ticklishmummy must have envisaged this will happen hence her saying crucify her if you like,well said there missus and she rightly also said, she does not understand which means whatever gaff she might have committed should be rightly excused but we are all so so apt on this forum to throw verbal jibes at each other all because it is a faceless forum and the Nigerian mentality is such that it allows no room for regard or reference.

Citing examples of someone selling a car or knife does not apply here if you must know and everyone is making excuses and comparison but have you stopped to think of the torture the poor lady went through before she died? What if she was my sister,your sister,your cousin or mine?

Nigerians will just never cease to dissapoint me,sending insults across the web simply cos its a faceless forum,too bad!

Am out of here and I will have to say to ticklishmummy,''only reply the insults if you are stupid''

In the western world do you think this your examples would apply? No,cos there are rules in place that would not even allow for many examples you are citing.My people please be wise and read in between the lines before you comment.
Re: Cynthia Osokogu’s Murder: Pharmacists Are Released Unconditionally by fairygeh(f): 5:35pm On Nov 26, 2012
Oahray: Na only 100L law student dey make noise like this.
lwkmd.u re so right grin

1 Like

Re: Cynthia Osokogu’s Murder: Pharmacists Are Released Unconditionally by ESULAALU: 5:37pm On Nov 26, 2012
Unknown Member:

On a final note, [b]I'm done schooling a r`etard
, I have a better chance of squeezing water out of a rock than getting you to understand why the Police released the boys.

Oya, say something s'tupid in response.. I'm waiting![/b]

One thing I have noticed on this site is favouritism is the order of the day.I bet the mods are blind to your comments above.

No wonder things are the way they are in Nigeria.
Re: Cynthia Osokogu’s Murder: Pharmacists Are Released Unconditionally by ESULAALU: 5:39pm On Nov 26, 2012
Jodesky:

I don't expect her to join issues with you any further. You never can tell though.......... morons are on the prowl all over the place now. She might want to advertise her [b]low IQ [/b]further.

That aptly explains what you are. Are you even a guy to start with? Please don't try to hide behind your computer to insult people.Whatever happened to the word ignore?
Re: Cynthia Osokogu’s Murder: Pharmacists Are Released Unconditionally by Ninilowo(m): 5:40pm On Nov 26, 2012
Oahray: Na only 100L law student dey make noise like this.
grin
Re: Cynthia Osokogu’s Murder: Pharmacists Are Released Unconditionally by Nobody: 5:41pm On Nov 26, 2012
ESULAALU: I have been an avid follower of this site for a while now and I couldnt help but open an account to comment on this topic.

Ticklishmummy must have envisaged this will happen hence her saying crucify her if you like,well said there missus and she rightly also said, she does not understand which means whatever gaff she might have committed should be rightly excused but we are all so so apt on this forum to throw verbal jibes at each other all because it is a faceless forum and the Nigerian mentality is such that it allows no room for regard or reference.

Citing examples of someone selling a car or knife does not apply here if you must know and everyone is making excuses and comparison but have you stopped to think of the torture the poor lady went through before she died? What if she was my sister,your sister,your cousin or mine?

Nigerians will just never cease to dissapoint me,sending insults across the web simply cos its a faceless forum,too bad!

Am out of here and I will have to say to ticklishmummy,''only reply the insults if you are stupid''

In the western world do you think this your examples would apply? No,cos there are rules in place that would not even allow for many examples you are citing.My people please be wise and read in between the lines before you comment.

I hope you will hang on a while to read my response to your write up
If you followed the news story,the boys went to a pharmacy and bought some medications that required a prescription ,something majority of Nigerians do on a daily basis so this is No unique case if they needed any punishment ,their pharmacy board should handle that..Every Nigerian reading this has at some point or the other bought a prescription drug without a prescription.The second pharmacist was not even at work when this happened yet he was apprehended and charged with murder just for being a staff of the pharmacy.

Secondly,the police reports that the girl after sipping the tainted Ribena,fought for her life for hours while those animals rap.ed her repeatedly then bludgeoned her to death with a blunt object,that tells you the drug did not kill her.She was killed by a blunt force trauma.
Everyone who has followed this case must be saddened by the gruesome murder but in a bid to solve the case,the NPF cannot charge everyone in the path of her death with murder.
That is a heavy charge.I hear they also shut down the hotel, did they arrest the patrons too?that also is a high handed approach since the hotel has no way of knowing what goes on inside their rooms.The police in Nigeria is fond of arresting anyone in the vicinity of a crime indiscriminately and throwing them in prison,that practice is so archaic and ought to be stopped,many innocent people have suffered unduly .

Lastly Rohypnol is not an illegal drug in Nigeria so they did not sell an illegal substance,it would be criminal if they sold a banned substance but they didn't so no crime was committed.
They violated a code of conduct

3 Likes

Re: Cynthia Osokogu’s Murder: Pharmacists Are Released Unconditionally by coogar: 5:41pm On Nov 26, 2012
ESULAALU: I have been an avid follower of this site for a while now and I couldnt help but open an account to comment on this topic.

and it was the supplied drugs that caused the torture?
why do people argue this way for feck's sake? whatever the victim suffered has nothing to do with the pharmacists! they supplied a sleeping tablet not a torture tablet or poison and there's no proof they knew the drug was going to be used to sedate cynthia!

1 Like

Re: Cynthia Osokogu’s Murder: Pharmacists Are Released Unconditionally by Nobody: 5:44pm On Nov 26, 2012

pls understand something: those guys committee a professional offence. No matter how you try to spin it, it will never amount to conspiracy to commit murder in any sane court of law. Sure, they'll be punished by the PCN and we should show maturity and clear thinking in commenting in this matter. Thanks. . .

1 Like

Re: Cynthia Osokogu’s Murder: Pharmacists Are Released Unconditionally by ESULAALU: 5:44pm On Nov 26, 2012
temodent:
I'm sure if they were your relations you would be singing a different song. Granted they violated the ethic of their profession but being slammed with murder is way out of it.

And what does anyone's relations have to do with it? If I may ask.
I have once been a victim of this and I almost lost my life.
permit me to say you cannot judge people until you know their story.
Re: Cynthia Osokogu’s Murder: Pharmacists Are Released Unconditionally by Nobody: 5:46pm On Nov 26, 2012
those boys should sue the hell out of the festac police

there was never a case against them - the word is that the dpo in festac set them up and was demanding 300k in settlement

there was NO EVIDENCE whatsoever that either of them were the pharamcists that sold the drugs to the killers

in any sane clime, the manner in which the arrest was conducted would be called entrapment

1 Like

Re: Cynthia Osokogu’s Murder: Pharmacists Are Released Unconditionally by afrodoc(m): 5:47pm On Nov 26, 2012

these things happen everywhere western world o,eastern world o ati be bee lo.and like i said even in cases where guns are procured(from licenced gun merchants) without due process by people who later use the guns to kill people they are not charged to court for murder or being accesorry to murder.and these are cases in which the GUNS WERE THE ACTUAL MURDER WEAPON!
rohypnol did not cause that young lady's death,it was used to incapacitate her.if those criminals had used the rohypnol on her and robbed her as they did without touching her she would still be alive now.i maintain that the pharmacists have a case to answer but should be with the PCN and its most definitely not a murder case

2 Likes

Re: Cynthia Osokogu’s Murder: Pharmacists Are Released Unconditionally by coogar: 5:49pm On Nov 26, 2012
oyb: those boys should sue the hell out of the festac police

there was never a case against them - the word is that the dpo in festac set them up and was demanding 300k in settlement

there was NO EVIDENCE whatsoever that either of them were the pharamcists that sold the drugs to the killers

in any sane clime, the manner in which the arrest was conducted would be called entrapment

you are very correct......
i remember festac police station sent an old man to cry and beg to be sold that particular drug and when the pharmacists did, the police descended on the lads and arrested them......festac police should answer for their gross abuse of power - bunch of animals!

1 Like

Re: Cynthia Osokogu’s Murder: Pharmacists Are Released Unconditionally by afrodoc(m): 5:52pm On Nov 26, 2012
esulaalu n ticklishmama pls read the posts of babymama and coogar

1 Like

Re: Cynthia Osokogu’s Murder: Pharmacists Are Released Unconditionally by ESULAALU: 5:52pm On Nov 26, 2012
brokoto: pls understand something: those guys committee a professional offence. No matter how you try to spin it, it will never amount to conspiracy to commit murder in any sane court of law. Sure, they'll be punished by the PCN and we should show maturity and clear thinking in commenting in this matter. Thanks. . .

My friend,permit me to say this again like I rightly said earlier,I have been a situation like this,only I did not lose my life so it is ok for people to express their opinions and emotions the way they choose because you do not know where it stems from.

If at the end of the day it becomes a professional offence and they get charged to court,typical Nigerian style will the police not still be involved and what is the assurance that this issue will not be swept under the carpet? In Nigeria where anything happens and money indeed answereth all things?

On a final note,people need to understand one thing,the fact that you are so good at typing this here,no comment passes you by,you have to comment does not mean you are intelligent or smart.Some people cannot even hold a conversation yet they are so quick to hurl insults at every one here.

There is a reason why school of thoughts exists,everyone has their own opinion and is free to express it they way they choose.Do not castigate anyone for voicing their opinions please. It is immature.
Re: Cynthia Osokogu’s Murder: Pharmacists Are Released Unconditionally by afrodoc(m): 5:59pm On Nov 26, 2012
esulaalu i don't get ur point in ur 2nd paragraph.so do u mean they should be convicted of murder(which they are innocent of) cause they might be acquitted of negligence n malpractice(which might be their real misdeed)?

1 Like

Re: Cynthia Osokogu’s Murder: Pharmacists Are Released Unconditionally by Smooth278(m): 5:59pm On Nov 26, 2012
Koolking: Pray not to be a victim of circumstance. This will remain the most horrible experience in this guys life

They deserve it truth be told without bias, they sold a drug that is one of the commonest date rape drugs world wide that should not be sold without a prescription!!!
Facts remain dt d drug was used for a murder and hence they should be punished accordingly!!!

Jst imagine someone sells a gun to some armed robbers and den after he's caught says he did not know they were robbers and claims dt they told him that they were hunters going to look for congo meat lol!!!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Bus Conductor In Court For Beating Policeman In Lagos / John Egla: RCCG Pastor Kidnapped In Nasarawa (Photo) / Amotekun Rescues Herdsmen Abducted By Kidnappers In Ondo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 94
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.