Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,031 members, 7,818,046 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:56 AM

Cynthia Osokogu’s Murder: Pharmacists Are Released Unconditionally - Crime (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Cynthia Osokogu’s Murder: Pharmacists Are Released Unconditionally (13452 Views)

Cynthia Osokogu Was Chained & Strangled To Death / The Faces Of Cynthia Osokogu’s Alleged Murderers / Cynthia Osokogu Was Killed By Her FaceBook Friends (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Cynthia Osokogu’s Murder: Pharmacists Are Released Unconditionally by afrodoc(m): 9:09pm On Nov 26, 2012
hmmm
Re: Cynthia Osokogu’s Murder: Pharmacists Are Released Unconditionally by Oahray: 9:32pm On Nov 26, 2012
Hehehe... I laugh in many tongues! Like anyone said they were going unpunished. The MURDER case against them was simply dropped. Has nothing to do with any possible future discipline for professional misconduct. Wish some people would take time to read carefully before hitting the reply and quote buttons.
Re: Cynthia Osokogu’s Murder: Pharmacists Are Released Unconditionally by texazzpete(m): 9:38pm On Nov 26, 2012
If those guys had a half-decent lawyer, the next step would be to head to the courts to sue the Nigerian police force for megabucks.

1 Like

Re: Cynthia Osokogu’s Murder: Pharmacists Are Released Unconditionally by aribisala0(m): 10:36pm On Nov 26, 2012
Not "case closed" I am afraid,I believe the NDLEA will now swing into action; nothing doing with murder but quite a lot with supplying controlled drugs without due care = criminal act. They may have nothing to do with murder but it is criminal to supply some drugs or poisons without a prescription as any pharmacist should know.(Poisons and Pharmacy Act, Cap 366 of 1990.) The punishment for supplying such drugs WITHOUT a prescription would be at least as high as if a member of the public supplied them and even higher because as pharmacists they should know better. It would be impossible not to consider the consequences in this case when passing sentence and they should do at least 3 years in prison.

On the Tort front the deceased family could also take action against them and I will be quite surprised if they retain their licences. In their own eyes selling Rohypnol "Na Market". Bloody Swine!!!
Re: Cynthia Osokogu’s Murder: Pharmacists Are Released Unconditionally by chiomat: 5:38am On Nov 27, 2012
plz wat happened to dis girl?

[quote
author=Koolking]Pray not to be a victim of circumstance. This will
remain the most horrible experience in this guys life[/quote]
Re: Cynthia Osokogu’s Murder: Pharmacists Are Released Unconditionally by fuke(m): 5:56am On Nov 27, 2012
Ticklishmummy:

I am not sure if I understand this post but shouldn't there be something called controlled drugs? drugs that should NEVER be made available to buy over the counter if it is possible to cause even the slightest harm to the human body.These drugs should ONLY be available by prescription.

FEEL FREE TO CRUCIFY ME PLEASE but this aint right!They should be purnished for selling out a potentially harmful drug JUST LIKE THAT!!

“there was no evidence where the pharmacists had an agreement with the first and second defendants to kill the late Ms Osokogu.”

Really?What a big stinking joke!! But they sold the killers a drug which was termed as an obnoxious substance (Rohpynol Flunitrazepam tablets) which by virtue should never have found its way to their shelfs. Why stock it in first place. I dont believe this is their first time really and this whole case just reeks of something I can't place my hand on.

I have said it here once.

If the ethics of medicine are followed to the letter we will all be dead here.

There are towns in Nigeria without pharmacies, so how do the inhabitants get drugs.

Even in Ibadan here there are probably more quack medics than qualified ones.

We just do not have enough men and resources here to uphold those tenets.

As for the pharmacist, I knew he would eventually be released.

He looked so unruffled. He had no hand in this mess and I am glad for his family.

Kudos to the Pharmaceutical association for coming to the aid of one of their own.

Thumbs down for the police on this part of the case

1 Like

Re: Cynthia Osokogu’s Murder: Pharmacists Are Released Unconditionally by Nobody: 6:46am On Nov 27, 2012
Ticklishmummy: Special shout out to the following for a job well done,following my instructions to the letter

''...FEEL FREE TO CRUCIFY ME PLEASE...''

Jodesky
Unknown Member:
temodent
playah P
micki83
Brokoto

Whilst I was away on more important things,you ensured you left no stone untouched in educating my ''ignorant self''
Please give your selves a beautiful round of applause then take your place on the podium whilst I hand out your awards to you.

I have to say I have enjoyed reading all of your comments oh!

Key words used :
r`etard
s'tupid
morons
low IQ
street girl

I owe no one an apology,and I am entitled to my opinion which means it remains as such.
For micki83 you asked me how old I am? I am old enough to reason properly and defend my opinions no matter how wrong it may sound to any one.

Please feel free to crucify me the more,I am basking in it,stroke your keyboards some more you should be able to come up with some more descriptions of me.
so if any one has a contrary opinion to yours then the person has insulted you? can you show one of my posts where i 'crucified' you? you see how well you take insults but you were the first to insult UNKNOWN MEMBER and call him all sorts of names when all he did was try to rationally argue and enlighten you. SMH

1 Like

Re: Cynthia Osokogu’s Murder: Pharmacists Are Released Unconditionally by collinsn007(m): 8:58am On Nov 27, 2012
afrodoc:

LOL i am a lover not a fighter
but seriously all this insulting up n down usually derails beta debate
my broder d problem wit some youths in dis our time is ignorance wit biased minds n wen educated they argue they dnt knw much bout a subject or nt well informd they argue n spill insults on pple fine evry1 is entitled 2 his or her opinion bt they 4get dat humans learn evryday n good opinions matter alot especially 2 pple new 2 subjects n y r nigerians hvin high hopes in a foreigner's land well time will tell tanks 2 dose dat made good comments @babymama,unknown member,jodesky n odas cheers
Re: Cynthia Osokogu’s Murder: Pharmacists Are Released Unconditionally by bongila(f): 9:10am On Nov 27, 2012
There's something called DDA(Dangerous Drugs Act) and I know for a fact that the drug sold was binded by that act. Agreed they didn't directly murder Cynthia but it still doesn't make them lesss guilty. Isn't there Ethics of a profession again? Selling that drug out made the killing of Cynthia easier for those f***kers. Saying they are not culpable is a total and complete lie. IMO their licenses should be revoked and they should be heavily fined so as to serve as a deterrent to other pharmacists who are selling dangerous substances out without proper authentication and prescription.
Re: Cynthia Osokogu’s Murder: Pharmacists Are Released Unconditionally by UnknownMember: 9:18am On Nov 27, 2012
brokoto: so if any one has a contrary opinion to yours then the person has insulted you? can you show one of my posts where i 'crucified' you? you see how well you take insults but you were the first to insult UNKNOWN MEMBER and call him all sorts of names when all he did was try to rationally argue and enlighten you. SMH

Waste of time..

The delinquent is incapable of logical reasoning..
Re: Cynthia Osokogu’s Murder: Pharmacists Are Released Unconditionally by Ticklishmummy(f): 9:35am On Nov 27, 2012
brokoto: so if any one has a contrary opinion to yours then the person has insulted you? can you show one of my posts where i 'crucified' you? you see how well you take insults but you were the first to insult UNKNOWN MEMBER and call him all sorts of names when all he did was try to rationally argue and enlighten you. SMH

Move on and be a Man.Its a brand new day.Quit dwelling on cheesy comments made by some faceless person who might just be your next door neighbour or might just be oceans away from you.

Let me educate you a little,cos we disagreed here don't mean you have to brew yourself for a fight everytime you read my comment.No permanent friends or foes dude,only permanent interests.
By the way,Never speak for anyone but yourself,it would do you a lot of good in life.
Have yourself a good day,Brokoto.
Re: Cynthia Osokogu’s Murder: Pharmacists Are Released Unconditionally by Ticklishmummy(f): 9:52am On Nov 27, 2012
Unknown Member:

Waste of time..

The delinquent is incapable of logical reasoning..

Did you say you were a deliquent again and that you lacked the common sense to understand everyone has the right to their own opinion? Or were you so blind to see I started my comment with "I don't think I understand this post..." Or you think,It was right for you to have rudely insinuated I go OD on paracetamol and see how it works for me.
Now I gave you a piece of your poison and then you start whining like a baby.
Oh,I never realised that's how Nigerians address each other,with total disrespect and trying to shove your opinions on others simply cos you are trying to make a point.
You are one of the many millions of Nigerians spoiling that country.If you can interact with someone who you cannot even see like this then I can only wonder how you manage face to face Interaction.

Abeg,its a beautiful day here,keep getting yourself worked up whilst I hang out with my lovely husband and child on our day trip.I hope you manage to have yourself a productive day,not behind a computer of course!
Re: Cynthia Osokogu’s Murder: Pharmacists Are Released Unconditionally by Ticklishmummy(f): 9:59am On Nov 27, 2012
collinsn007: my broder d problem wit some youths in dis our time is ignorance wit biased minds n wen educated they argue they dnt knw much bout a subject or nt well informd they argue n spill insults on pple fine evry1 is entitled 2 his or her opinion bt they 4get dat humans learn evryday n good opinions matter alot especially 2 pple new 2 subjects n y r nigerians hvin high hopes in a foreigner's land well time will tell tanks 2 dose dat made good comments @babymama,unknown member,jodesky n odas cheers

Like you won't give your arm and head to even cross seme border.!
Abeg dey go your shop jare.
Having high hopes in another man's country.Another hate filled Nigerian.Make the country a better place,mBanu!
Allow those that will help you to come over,Mbanu,they get kidnapped.
You better get your acts together and face your business.
Re: Cynthia Osokogu’s Murder: Pharmacists Are Released Unconditionally by UnknownMember: 10:36am On Nov 27, 2012
Ticklishmummy:

Did you say you were a deliquent again and that you lacked the common sense to understand everyone has the right to their own opinion? Or were you so blind to see I started my comment with "I don't think I understand this post..." Or you think,It was right for you to have rudely insinuated I go OD on paracetamol and see how it works for me.
Now I gave you a piece of your poison and then you start whining like a baby.
Oh,I never realised that's how Nigerians address each other,with total disrespect and trying to shove your opinions on others simply cos you are trying to make a point.
You are one of the many millions of Nigerians spoiling that country.If you can interact with someone who you cannot even see like this then I can only wonder how you manage face to face Interaction.

Abeg,its a beautiful day here,keep getting yourself worked up whilst I hang out with my lovely husband and child on our day trip.I hope you manage to have yourself a productive day,not behind a computer of course!

Like I said, you are a juvenile delinquent who is incapable of logical reasoning.. And since you are a female, I guess you can blame it on your hormones or PMS. I never insulted you in my first post to you. Anyways, my regards to your husband and kid, they have the rest of their lives to put up with you. I really dont envy them at all.
Re: Cynthia Osokogu’s Murder: Pharmacists Are Released Unconditionally by thorpido(m): 10:45am On Nov 27, 2012
Ticklishmummy...if u like insult me I go say this to you.
U were wrong in your first statement and the first response to that was nt an insult.Unfortunately,ur response was rather wrong.U really need humility which I can say u don't have.It will take u a long way in life.
Re: Cynthia Osokogu’s Murder: Pharmacists Are Released Unconditionally by Ticklishmummy(f): 10:48am On Nov 27, 2012
Unknown Member:

Like I said, you are a juvenile delinquent who is incapable of logical reasoning.. And since you are a female, I guess you can blame it on your hormones or PMS. I never insulted you in my first post to you. Anyways, my regards to your husband and kid, they have the rest of their lives to put up with you. I really dont envy them at all.

You will agree that I am in a better situation compared to you as a considerable number of Nigerians will have to put up with you for the rest of their lives.On the contrary,I feel sorry for them.Its not too much of you to be a gentleman and accept that along the way you insulted me and I returned it in full dose,rather that insinuating my outburst was because I am a woman.That don't make me lesser than you and truth be told you are human which means you are not perfect just like me.
Yet again,you resorted to insults in a bid to reply me,I would consider that immature.I know you would find it hard to admit but you must have realised I am a tough woman but you would also have realised on this thread that I appreciate other people's opinion and respect their views.
I have been on other threads,made meaningful contributions without insults,I know when to share a joke as well and I also know when to draw the line.
Like I said,it really is a nice day where I am,you should make yours the same as well.
Stop spewing insults and its so unhealthy to carry over left over hatred.Bad vibes for you.
By the way,thanks for making me trend on NL,wish I could say it was nice reading your piece of whatever but I would be lying.
Have a nice day and see u on another thread!
Re: Cynthia Osokogu’s Murder: Pharmacists Are Released Unconditionally by Ticklishmummy(f): 11:04am On Nov 27, 2012
thorpido: Ticklishmummy...if u like insult me I go say this to you.
U were wrong in your first statement and the first response to that was nt an insult.Unfortunately,ur response was rather wrong.U really need humility which I can say u don't have.It will take u a long way in life.

Well said dude,thanks for pointing that out.
I wasn't expecting you to praise me either but just cos you don't know me and you are simply judging over a faceless forum,I guess it would be ok for me ask you to please endeavour not to judge anyone next time,it is not right.
Re: Cynthia Osokogu’s Murder: Pharmacists Are Released Unconditionally by UnknownMember: 11:14am On Nov 27, 2012
Ticklishmummy:

You will agree that I am in a better situation compared to you as a considerable number of Nigerians will have to put up with you for the rest of their lives.On the contrary,I feel sorry for them.Its not too much of you to be a gentleman and accept that along the way you insulted me and I returned it in full dose,rather that insinuating my outburst was because I am a woman.That don't make me lesser than you and truth be told you are human which means you are not perfect just like me.
Yet again,you resorted to insults in a bid to reply me,I would consider that immature.I know you would find it hard to admit but you must have realised I am a tough woman but you would also have realised on this thread that I appreciate other people's opinion and respect their views.
I have been on other threads,made meaningful contributions without insults,I know when to share a joke as well and I also know when to draw the line.
Like I said,it really is a nice day where I am,you should make yours the same as well.
Stop spewing insults and its so unhealthy to carry over left over hatred.Bad vibes for you.
By the way,thanks for making me trend on NL,wish I could say it was nice reading your piece of whatever but I would be lying.
Have a nice day and see u on another thread!

Tough woman?!!!

I dey laugh... More like a rabid biitch (female dog).. Woman, leave the internet alone and go attend to your husband. You have embarrassed the poor man enough. Showing off your poor sense of understanding and also showing you reason more with your rectum than with cerebral cortex.

I suggest you hire a 'reasonable nurse' to help raise your kid.. Reading all your tirade on this thread, I wouldnt want you raising my dog, let alone raising a kid. What exactly would you be teaching the child?!

Like I said, I dont envy the man that paid his hard earned money to marry you.. Spending your bride price on a Chihuahua would have been a more profitable investment.. Atleast a Chihuahua puppy sells for almost 200,000 Naira..
Re: Cynthia Osokogu’s Murder: Pharmacists Are Released Unconditionally by thorpido(m): 11:19am On Nov 27, 2012
Ticklishmummy:

Well said dude,thanks for pointing that out.
I wasn't expecting you to praise me either but just cos you don't know me and you are simply judging over a faceless forum,I guess it would be ok for me ask you to please endeavour not to judge anyone next time,it is not right.
I dnt need to praise or condemn u.I only read posts here and I saw ur were nt right in ur opinion and when it was pointed out,u simply lashed out.Others may have insulted u along the way but that does nt take away ur initial error.It's true it's a faceless forum but have u ever heard....'For by thy words thou shall be condemned/justified'.I simply made a remark based on your responses.I'm nt judging u.Humility is a worthy virtue.
Re: Cynthia Osokogu’s Murder: Pharmacists Are Released Unconditionally by Oahray: 11:20am On Nov 27, 2012
Ticklishmummy:
Looks like you have temper issues. At times maturity demands silence. Just let it go.
Re: Cynthia Osokogu’s Murder: Pharmacists Are Released Unconditionally by Ticklishmummy(f): 11:45am On Nov 27, 2012
Unknown Member:

Tough woman?!!!

I dey laugh... More like a rabid biitch (female dog).. Woman, leave the internet alone and go attend to your husband. You have embarrassed the poor man enough. Showing off your poor sense of understanding and also showing you reason more with your rectum than with cerebral cortex.

I suggest you hire a 'reasonable nurse' to help raise your kid.. Reading all your tirade on this thread, I wouldnt want you raising my dog, let alone raising a kid. What exactly would you be teaching the child?!

Like I said, I dont envy the man that paid his hard earned money to marry you.. Spending your bride price on a Chihuahua would have been a more profitable investment.. Atleast a Chihuahua puppy sells for almost 200,000 Naira..

Have you ever considered a s*x change operation?It would do you a lot of good,cos I sense you are in the wrong body,you've got the full qualities of a woman,most importantly the nagging.
If you wish,I would be willing to sponsor your trip to thailand so you can get a new lease of life.

Insult me till tomorrow I don't care,you remain a non-entity who I met on a thread desperate to shove some silly opinion down my throat.I have given you enough audience by replying you already.People like always like to learn the hard way.
Trust me you have officially bitten more than you can chew,go ahead and meet your impending doom.Savour it while it lasts.
Now keep typing into thin air.You are permanent ignored.
Re: Cynthia Osokogu’s Murder: Pharmacists Are Released Unconditionally by Ticklishmummy(f): 11:53am On Nov 27, 2012
Oahray: Looks like you have temper issues. At times maturity demands silence. Just let it go.

Does it not apply to the other party? Oh,because I am a woman so I must keep silent?Yes there are times when silence is golden.Along the line,I agreed the whole thing made sense but then waking up again this morning and then picking up from yesterday is not right.
Yoruba nii tii a ba beru wii kii a ba eru wii.

Like I said,that we disagreed yesterday does not mean we have to disagree today but no,He must have the last say cos he is a man?No we are human beings,forget about gender now.

Whatever,I am out of here.
Re: Cynthia Osokogu’s Murder: Pharmacists Are Released Unconditionally by Ticklishmummy(f): 11:59am On Nov 27, 2012
thorpido: I dnt need to praise or condemn u.I only read posts here and I saw ur were nt right in ur opinion and when it was pointed out,u simply lashed out.Others may have insulted u along the way but that does nt take away ur initial error.It's true it's a faceless forum but have u ever heard....'For by thy words thou shall be condemned/justified'.I simply made a remark based on your responses.I'm nt judging u.Humility is a worthy virtue.

Mr Man,please if you must be the judge,be fair.Wasn't I insulted as well?Why the heck is everyone dwelling on what I said?How about the other party?
Please,only cast the first stone if you are without sin sogbo?
Read my other posts,afterwards.
Its glaring for everyone to see.
Which sane human being wakes up again,just to start a verbal fight on a faceless forum? I am dazed.I love my sanity and it is on this note I exit this forum.
Re: Cynthia Osokogu’s Murder: Pharmacists Are Released Unconditionally by UnknownMember: 12:01pm On Nov 27, 2012
Ticklishmummy:

Have you ever considered a s*x change operation?It would do you a lot of good,cos I sense you are in the wrong body,you've got the full qualities of a woman,most importantly the nagging.
If you wish,I would be willing to sponsor your trip to thailand so you can get a new lease of life.

Insult me till tomorrow I don't care,you remain a non-entity who I met on a thread desperate to shove some silly opinion down my throat.I have given you enough audience by replying you already.People like always like to learn the hard way.
Trust me you have officially bitten more than you can chew,go ahead and meet your impending doom.Savour it while it lasts.
Now keep typing into thin air.You are permanent ignored.

[img]http://deepho.files./2008/11/talk_to_the_hand_by_ftpaddict.jpg[/img]
Re: Cynthia Osokogu’s Murder: Pharmacists Are Released Unconditionally by thorpido(m): 12:07pm On Nov 27, 2012
Ticklishmummy:

Mr Man,please if you must be the judge,be fair.Wasn't I insulted as well?Why the heck is everyone dwelling on what I said?How about the other party?
Please,only cast the first stone if you are without sin sogbo?
Read my other posts,afterwards.
Its glaring for everyone to see.
Which sane human being wakes up again,just to start a verbal fight on a faceless forum? I am dazed.I love my sanity and it is on this note I exit this forum.

Okay.Ndewo
Re: Cynthia Osokogu’s Murder: Pharmacists Are Released Unconditionally by Oahray: 12:09pm On Nov 27, 2012
Ticklishmummy:

Does it not apply to the other party? Oh,because I am a woman so I must keep silent?Yes there are times when silence is golden.Along the line,I agreed the whole thing made sense but then waking up again this morning and then picking up from yesterday is not right.
Yoruba nii tii a ba beru wii kii a ba eru wii.

Like I said,that we disagreed yesterday does not mean we have to disagree today but no,He must have the last say cos he is a man?No we are human beings,forget about gender now.

Whatever,I am out of here.
I am telling you cos its easier to talk to one person. They are many. Its just you.
Its not about the gender either.
I did make a rather animated comment on your refusing to see the real issue, and of course you snapped back.
Its not about having the last say. Someone has to stop it, the bigger (wo)man. All I am asking is that you be that bigger woman, please. Is that too much to ask?
Re: Cynthia Osokogu’s Murder: Pharmacists Are Released Unconditionally by legendprac(m): 1:08pm On Nov 27, 2012
Cherechy: At times like this I'm proud of my profession. Kudos to the Lawyer that got this judgment.
Go and sin no more guys

Is ur name cherechi?
Re: Cynthia Osokogu’s Murder: Pharmacists Are Released Unconditionally by Nobody: 1:09pm On Nov 27, 2012
This thread has been drailed
Ticklishmummy:

goodbye
Re: Cynthia Osokogu’s Murder: Pharmacists Are Released Unconditionally by ESULAALU: 1:39pm On Nov 27, 2012
Unknown Member:

Tough woman?!!!

Waoh! I strongly believe you hate ticklemummy. If not why all this? Its fair enough that everyone took her to the cleaners and she still stood strong in the face of opposition but it is extremely unacceptable to involve her kid and husband in this mess.

Shame on everyone on this forum also who decided to take sides with unknown member to the very end without even pausing for once just to read tickle's other posts. Haba!! You simply re-enacted Aluu killing here.Too bad.
Myopic views,everything unknown member said was right to his followers including the insults to the woman's family,everyone so quick to condemn her but not one single correction to the useless man insulting the lady's family.Too bad,I am a man o,but this is simply being chauvinistic,it is unfair and unacceptable.why? Because I have a wife and beautiful children,I am not claiming they are perfect but I chastise them when they are wrong(like tickle was at inception) but when they diplomatically offer the olive branch,I let bygones slip.I am not perfect too,why make life miserable for them.

As for that unknown member,wherever it is you are,I pray the Lord almighty locates you and deal with you accordingly,for being full of hate. May I remind you that Karma will find you and pay you the ultimate price as well.I always remained as a guest viewing topics on this site,but I don't even know what prompted me to open an account.

If these are the kind of things that obtains on this thread then the moderators should please sit up and do the right thing,or you will be looking to attract more traffic to your site in the near future.This site should not just attract the youths and young adults,even older people can join in,take facebook for instance but in a situation where people just enjoy sending insults across miles because you have an hidden identity I am sure many adults will think twice. No one wants to be insulted like a kid by an untrained child such as unkwown member.I must ask unkwown member if you have a mother and sister,if you really did you would have really had a re-think before you wrote all that rubbish.That was the height.If you do not have any woman and motherly figure in your life then you will surely get married one day and my prayer for you is ''may karma visit you with such dish as this''.
I blame tickle as well but at the end of the day,we think differently and see things in a different light.

I am well advanced in years,very well to do and with responsible kids but perhaps parents should have a re-think and talk to their kids,the internet is indeed breeding 2 faced demons.

I have learnt a lot on this thread and I have to say much of it has shocked me.

Thank you everyone for this opportunity to be part of this.

Have a good day.
Re: Cynthia Osokogu’s Murder: Pharmacists Are Released Unconditionally by AyodejiGB: 2:51pm On Nov 27, 2012
I am a medical practitioner (doctor) and I have been following this discussion with interest.
There has been a lot of name calling and insults which are unwarranted.
The fact are
1. these pharmacists sold a prescription only drug without a valid prescription
2. the same drug was used by some people to incapacitate a girl before said acts were performed
3. the said girl was killed
4. the police arrested some pharmacist (one on duty and one off duty at the time the said drug was sold that pharmacy) for conspiracy to commit murder.
5. the police have not been able to prove that the pharmacists had a foreknowledge of the crime or that they had a financial inducement to sell the drugs. The pharmacists and the docked suspects did not know each other.
6. the court discharged the pharmacists from the murder case on the advice of the director of public prosecution.

What the pharmacists can be charged for is professional misconduct, not an accessory to murder or conspiracy.
The pharmaceutical society of Nigeria will look into the case of misconduct.
It takes evidence that is substantiated to charge someone to court and irrefutable evidence to convict.an
I feel for the family of the deceased as well as the pharmacists whose lives has been destroyed by unsustainable evidence.
Michael Jackson's doctor gave a drug he was not licensed to administer in an unsafe environment and he was busy removing the evidence instead of trying to save his patients life. It is criminal negligence and professional misconduct that directly cost MJ's life

2 Likes

Re: Cynthia Osokogu’s Murder: Pharmacists Are Released Unconditionally by omaboy: 3:09pm On Nov 27, 2012
Police knew innitially that these guys did not take part in the murder but we're bend on harrassing them because there employers where not fast in understanding and playing the game of justice.Were their employer and PSN fast enough to play the game, Police would by now still be looking for where the drugs were bought. It is the poor that suffers injustice in naija.We thank God they have finally been released unconditionally.

1 Like

Re: Cynthia Osokogu’s Murder: Pharmacists Are Released Unconditionally by aribisala0(m): 3:14pm On Nov 27, 2012
Ayodeji_GB: I am a medical practitioner (doctor) and I have been following this discussion with interest.
There has been a lot of name calling and insults which are unwarranted.
The fact are
1. these pharmacists sold a prescription only drug without a valid prescription
2. the same drug was used by some people to incapacitate a girl before said acts were performed
3. the said girl was killed
4. the police arrested some pharmacist (one on duty and one off duty at the time the said drug was sold that pharmacy) for conspiracy to commit murder.
5. the police have not been able to prove that the pharmacists had a foreknowledge of the crime or that they had a financial inducement to sell the drugs. The pharmacists and the docked suspects did not know each other.
6. the court discharged the pharmacists from the murder case on the advice of the director of public prosecution.

What the pharmacists can be charged for is professional misconduct, not an accessory to murder or conspiracy.
The pharmaceutical society of Nigeria will look into the case of misconduct.
It takes evidence that is substantiated to charge someone to court and irrefutable evidence to convict.an
I feel for the family of the deceased as well as the pharmacists whose lives has been destroyed by unsustainable evidence.
Michael Jackson's doctor gave a drug he was not licensed to administer in an unsafe environment and he was busy removing the evidence instead of trying to save his patients life. It is criminal negligence and professional misconduct that directly cost MJ's life

I am not sure if being a doctor is of relevance here? I would imagine some expertise in law would be more useful.Certainly to enable us to draw the conclusion in bold.
The law varies from jurisdiction to jurisdiction and also with the nature of the drug in question. E.g Diamorphine (heroin) is available on prescription in several countries, ditto for methadone and several other "controlled substances".If a pharmacist in such places were to "SELL" such agents to a member of the public without a prescription then they would have criminal liability as well as any other professional misconduct issue.
The issue here is what is the classification of Rohypnol IN NIGERIA ( LAGOS STATE) under misuse of drugs legislation. In General where a pharmacist supplies a controlled substance without a prescription they have the same degree of criminal liabilty(at least) as a member of the public supplying the same drug and quite often even higher as there are also issues of WILFULLY ENDANGERING THE PUBLIC using a position of TRUST just like a pilot being drunk whilst at the control of an aircraft. Whether or not there was a conspiracy is a matter of law as conspiracy may include conspiracy to supply controlled substances unlawfully. I have seen no evidence of involvement in murder thus far though.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Bus Conductor In Court For Beating Policeman In Lagos / John Egla: RCCG Pastor Kidnapped In Nasarawa (Photo) / Amotekun Rescues Herdsmen Abducted By Kidnappers In Ondo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 130
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.