Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,520 members, 7,819,868 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 04:18 AM

Getting My Wife To File For Me - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Getting My Wife To File For Me (780 Views)

How Long Does It Take A U.S.A Citizen To File For Spouse? / Help Getting My Fiance A Visa / Why Is It That Nigerians In America Dont File For Relatives To Come Over? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Getting My Wife To File For Me by simplebuteasy(m): 3:58pm On Nov 26, 2012
Hello my people...more grease to you elbow here and Kudos to the Admin of this site..i wanted to know the chance that i have to get a visa at the us embassy in Lagos..my sister lives in the Us and she linked me up with a woman whom we are in love for some months now..she decided to come down to Nigeria cos we really need to see each other and get married as soon as she arrives,she also wants me and my baby to go back with her to the US..i called my Sister and she said that it is possible for her to file for me at the embassy as long as she can provide some documents at the Embassy,she said she will need her tax report papers and her birth certificate...so please i need your response on this cos she is spending about a week here during which she want everything to be finalized...thank you
Re: Getting My Wife To File For Me by omega25red(m): 5:37pm On Nov 26, 2012
Re: Getting My Wife To File For Me by simplebuteasy(m): 12:34am On Nov 27, 2012
thank you so much for the information @omega.....i went through the page and i found useful information there but what i want to know is that what if she go to the embassy herself...what will happen?
Re: Getting My Wife To File For Me by omega25red(m): 8:04pm On Nov 28, 2012
Your future wife going to the embassy in Nigeria to petition for a visa for you would probably not go well. Gone are the days when being married married to a U.S citizen means visa or temporary stay pending verification of the validity of the union. Anyway applying for spousal visa i think is different from regular tourist visa and i doubt she would have access to all the documents she would need to provide in order to apply while in Nigeria. (i could be wrong)

I suggest you do lots of research and have the applications and documents required ready befor eyou even set foot at the emabssy. Oh yea about your baby, is she adopting the child? because that would be exponentially easier that the spousal visa you are probably going for. (then again i could be wrong)

(1) (Reply)

Nigerian Entering Nigeria Via Her Frontier Without Passport / Visa Lottery Confused Question? / Visa Requirements For Egypt

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.