Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,440 members, 7,850,540 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 01:38 AM

The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) - Religion (147) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) (844160 Views)

The Satanic Chatbox. Everybody Is Welcome / The Non-Christian Chatbox ( sticky ) / Christian's Chatbox Game/Party Night - May 4th@ 10pm Gmt -ALL CHRISTIANS INVITED (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (144) (145) (146) (147) (148) (149) (150) ... (788) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by Ajibam: 4:44pm On Aug 25, 2013
The title has to be change to foster peace,.the atheist are complaining that we are trying to derail and erase them..we want peace as our religion preaches..please just accept this with a good heart...
Happy sunday..
Love you all

1 Like

Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by HumbledbYGrace(f): 4:44pm On Aug 25, 2013
M really sorry guys, Ihedinobi, Araregem, Idnoble, Damex, Yetseyi, Centje, Ada and everyone. Nobody forced me to change the name, and Ihedinobi the bolded paragraphs in op had always been there, I am sure you just didn't notice them. As I said before this isn't my thread but ours, so I thought we shouldn't shun the world out of our mist. Doesn't the bible teach us to accommodate others? What's wrong with having others here? We have Muskeeto, he is an atheist and I have had my own share of bitterness with him but he has kept his cool why do you think that others will go all ballistic?

Is this the work of Christians?

*Nb, the rules of the thread will still apply, regardless of the name change and I promise you, you will be safe if that's the problem.

I gave my word to keep this clean and I will

Thanks
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by Tovot: 4:46pm On Aug 25, 2013
Okay HBG.
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by yetseyi(f): 5:06pm On Aug 25, 2013
@HBG I ve heared u but I dnt agree with most of wat u said.
1st page says u can drop bible verses right nd discuss. aw will a non xtian d@ feels its a thread 4 all religion feel wen WE continue discusing d book of JOHN
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by Nobody: 5:06pm On Aug 25, 2013
@HBG:

I respected the thread because of its title. I remember leaving the thread for a while when that idleness fellow started posting here. I can't vouch and neither can you that other unbelievers would respect the purpose of this thread, considering the title has changed. don''t kill the good thing you've had going on here...

Anyways, please change your mind.

Still love you.. grin grin
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by Kitay(f): 5:08pm On Aug 25, 2013
HMmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by Nobody: 5:08pm On Aug 25, 2013
Ajibam: The title has to be change to foster peace,.the atheist are complaining that we are trying to derail and erase them..we want peace as our religion preaches..please just accept this with a good heart...
Happy sunday..
Love you all

Bros, turning your house over to strangers is not the meaning of accommodation, you hear?
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by yetseyi(f): 5:13pm On Aug 25, 2013
and MOD ajibam I really dnt undastand ur post.
changing d title of a christian thread 2 foster peace between who nd whom by d way
does this mean d@ d title of d religious threads would be changed 2 foster peace
I m not buying d@ fostering peace part
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by Nobody: 5:13pm On Aug 25, 2013
Lol... oga Ihe, Abeg handle the matter.. If I speak my mind as e b, ban sure...
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by Nobody: 5:16pm On Aug 25, 2013
HumbledbYGrace: M really sorry guys, Ihedinobi, Araregem, Idnoble, Damex, Yetseyi, Centje, Ada and everyone. Nobody forced me to change the name, and Ihedinobi the bolded paragraphs in op had always been there, I am sure you just didn't notice them. As I said before this isn't my thread but ours, so I thought we shouldn't shun the world out of our mist. Doesn't the bible teach us to accommodate others? What's wrong with having others here? We have Muskeeto, he is an atheist and I have had my own share of bitterness with him but he has kept his cool why do you think that others will go all ballistic?

*Nb, the rules of the thread will still apply, regardless of the name change and I promise you, you will be safe if that's the problem.

Thanks

I couldn't possibly put it better than MusKeeto did. He respected the fact that thus is a Christian thread and for that reason we have been able to relate with him. You don't strip the name 'church' off a building and call it a townhall and expect people not to treat it exactly like a townhall. This thread was meant for Christians but even as such it did not prohibit non-Christians for participating, it just demanded that they respect the people for whom it was created.

Perhaps you have the right of it and I failed to notice those parts earlier. Maybe it was those parts that caused me to pause before participating in this thread at all. Regardless, even though I cannot make you change it back, I will not continue to participate in this thread if it becomes a 'townhall'. I always thought of it as that one place where Christians could relax amd live entirely by Christian rules. If it's going to have to take on all sorts of persuasions after now, I'm totally out of it. After all, I barely post these days.
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by Ajibam: 5:18pm On Aug 25, 2013
yetseyi: and MOD ajibam I really dnt undastand ur post.
changing d title of a christian thread 2 foster peace between who nd whom by d way
does this mean d@ d title of d religious threads would be changed 2 foster peace
I m not buying d@ fostering peace part

Firstly,I didn't change the title..
Secondly,have you not seen the tread they(atheists) created about us?
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by Ajibam: 5:19pm On Aug 25, 2013
Ihedinobi:

I couldn't possibly put it better than MusKeeto did. He respected the fact that thus is a Christian thread and for that reason we have been able to relate with him. You don't strip the name 'church' off a building and call it a townhall and expect people not to treat it exactly like a townhall. This thread was meant for Christians but even as such it did not prohibit non-Christians for participating, it just demanded that they respect the people for whom it was created.

Perhaps you have the right of it and I failed to notice those parts earlier. Maybe it was those parts that caused me to pause before participating in this thread at all. Regardless, even though I cannot make you change it back, I will not continue to participate in this thread if it becomes a 'townhall'. I always thought of it as that one place where Christians could relax amd live entirely by Christian rules. If it's going to have to take on all sorts of persuasions after now, I'm totally out of it. After all, I barely post these days.

Please don't,,we promise to do something about it
Just trust us on this..please
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by Nobody: 5:24pm On Aug 25, 2013
HumbledbYGrace: M really sorry guys, Ihedinobi, Araregem, Idnoble, Damex, Yetseyi, Centje, Ada and everyone. Nobody forced me to change the name, and Ihedinobi the bolded paragraphs in op had always been there, I am sure you just didn't notice them. As I said before this isn't my thread but ours, so I thought we shouldn't shun the world out of our mist. Doesn't the bible teach us to accommodate others? What's wrong with having others here? We have Muskeeto, he is an atheist and I have had my own share of bitterness with him but he has kept his cool why do you think that others will go all ballistic?

Thanks
sweet humble, no. I understand their plight, 'religion' as the title is too generalised. I strongly suggest you give them what they want, they arent wrong in any way.

now back to my own complaint/question...why is there no section for christians, I dont mean thread dedicated to christians but a SECTION just like muslims have theirs...why??
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by Mintayo(m): 5:24pm On Aug 25, 2013
Ihedinobi:

I am 'going' with you!
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by Nobody: 5:26pm On Aug 25, 2013
Religion section is for all Religions and not christianity alone.

No christians only chat thread
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by Mintayo(m): 5:26pm On Aug 25, 2013
Ajibam:

Religion is a general name...i won't be surprised if i see 'Mac' followers here!
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by yetseyi(f): 5:28pm On Aug 25, 2013
@ajibam I neva said u changed d title
nd why would I wnt 2 open a thread wia an atheist is saying sumtin about a xtian
wch now brings me 2 sumtin I wld now raise. why is dere no xtianity section.
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by Nobody: 5:32pm On Aug 25, 2013
toba.:

Coming from a toad that had a Christian Singles thread.. What an ignorant oaf you are...
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by yetseyi(f): 5:33pm On Aug 25, 2013
toba.:
Religion section is for all Religions and not christianity alone.No christians only chat thread
no thread 4 xtians but having a section is allowed 4 a religion. I laff
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by yetseyi(f): 5:36pm On Aug 25, 2013
@IDnoble nd Omodady I see you
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by Nobody: 5:40pm On Aug 25, 2013
yetseyi: ...Ihediniobi I see u...

I see you too, dear smiley It's been a bit! How're you?
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by Nobody: 5:41pm On Aug 25, 2013
Ajibam:

Don't do "something" about it. Return it to what it was!
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by Nobody: 5:43pm On Aug 25, 2013
toba.:

when there's muslim-only SECTION??
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by yetseyi(f): 5:51pm On Aug 25, 2013
Ihedinobi:
I see you too, dear smiley It's been a bit! How're you?
Im fine jare
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by Nobody: 5:53pm On Aug 25, 2013
See,@modz all your arguement are so baseless, @oga ihedinobi, u are so on point, they thread is d thread i once love most out of the religious section cos i have arguements on religion and thats because nd wat i saw at d front page and wat i say was not religion it was christian. Turning a church into a townhall (using my oga word) because some group that doesn't like the church said so is so sense**** to me. If this thread is now for all religion. Am outta here already.
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by Nobody: 6:03pm On Aug 25, 2013
If the atheists are complaining, let then av their own thread(build their home). Just dont sacrifice our thread(home) to satisfy them.
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by HumbledbYGrace(f): 6:09pm On Aug 25, 2013
Thanks guys for saying what needed to be said, this section wouldn't have been the same without ya'll

@ Centje, I am sorry I cannot answer your question.
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by truthislight: 6:11pm On Aug 25, 2013
musKeeto: @HBG:

I respected the thread because of its title. I remember leaving the thread for a while when that idleness fellow started posting here. I can't vouch and neither can you that other unbelievers would respect the purpose of this thread, considering the title has changed. don''t kill the good thing you've had going on here...

Anyways, please change your mind.

Still love you.. grin grin

Why should someone post offensive article on NL when the rules says no to that ?

Besides, are "christians" not to preach to Unbelievers ?

Did Jesus christ not preach to unbelievers ?

As long there is serenity on the thread, it should be an opurtunity to let your light shine to all men :

"Neither do men light a candle, and put it under a bushel, but on a candlestick; and it giveth light unto all that are in the house. Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in heaven." (Matthew 5:15-16).
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by yetseyi(f): 6:20pm On Aug 25, 2013
ehen I can see its been changed 2 christain chatbox
errrrm I tot it wz 'The christain's chatbox' pls correct me if Im wrong
any way tanks 2 all nd sundry
I can now go bak 2 my silent mode
*watching frm a distance as usual*
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by Ajibam: 6:43pm On Aug 25, 2013
Apology
We are very sorry for what we did..
It is now done according to your wish..
We are here to serve you..
God Bless
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by Ajibam: 6:45pm On Aug 25, 2013
truthislight:

Why should someone post offensive article on NL when the rules says no to that ?

Besides, are "christians" not to preach to Unbelievers ?

Did Jesus christ not preach to unbelievers ?

As long there is serenity on the thread, it should be an opurtunity to let your light shine to all men :

"Neither do men light a candle, and put it under a bushel, but on a candlestick; and it giveth light unto all that are in the house. Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in heaven." (Matthew 5:15-16).

He has been dealt with..I respected him before but am highly disappointed with him..he even called a moderator dumbfuck
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by FearGodAndLive: 6:46pm On Aug 25, 2013
Ajibam: Apology
We are very sorry for what we did..
It is now done according to your wish..
We are here to serve you..
God Bless

Now that you've decided to be honest about your dealings, could you consider unbanning my account?

Thanks. AjiBamBam smiley

(1) (2) (3) ... (144) (145) (146) (147) (148) (149) (150) ... (788) (Reply)

Higher Everyday — The Lame Leaps / Christ Embassy's New Social Website / Yookos.com – Christ Embassy’s Social Networking Site.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.