Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,347 members, 7,850,272 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 05:27 PM

The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) - Religion (144) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) (844028 Views)

The Satanic Chatbox. Everybody Is Welcome / The Non-Christian Chatbox ( sticky ) / Christian's Chatbox Game/Party Night - May 4th@ 10pm Gmt -ALL CHRISTIANS INVITED (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (141) (142) (143) (144) (145) (146) (147) ... (788) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by ARareGem(f): 10:52am On Aug 22, 2013
Jhn 2:3 Mary had to have inquired and found out that there was no wine. Since she couldn't provide the wine out of her own means, she told Jesus about. We learn here that it is necessary we ask after the well being of others, see how we can be of help to them, put a smile on someone's face, say a prayer for them and show love to them. Don't only be concernes with the welfare of your family and yourself. Think about others too.

1 Like

Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by UjSizzle(f): 11:43am On Aug 22, 2013
Mintayo: Good morning everyone,i am new here,and i like what I am seeing here!
Welcome Mintayo smiley We're glad to have you.
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by Nobody: 1:03pm On Aug 22, 2013
Thanks Rare gem for that. Its a timeful reminder
uj_sizzle:
tongue He was a cute baby and a cuter man smiley
I like your diary btw.
Morning everyone.
John 2 is waiting oooo..... angry
How can he, a "man", be a baby? Ladies with their way of indirectly disrespecting we men. grin
Thanks for reading my diary, smiley Hope to read your contribution on John 2.
Mintayo: Good morning everyone,i am new here,and i like what I am seeing here!
You are welcome bro, glad to see you here. I saw your comments on some threads,. God is your strength.
Hi Humble, the house is also expecting your contribution.
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by Nobody: 1:51pm On Aug 22, 2013
ARareGem: Jhn 2:3 Mary had to have inquired and found out that there was no wine. Since she couldn't provide the wine out of her own means, she told Jesus about. We learn here that it is necessary we ask after the well being of others, see how we can be of help to them, put a smile on someone's face, say a prayer for them and show love to them. Don't only be concernes with the welfare of your family and yourself. Think about others too.

Very thougtful of you ARareGem...

I read that in their customs in those days, the bridegroom must provide for the guests and that sign confirmed that Jesus is the real bridegroom, which happened after three days - His resurrection and glory!
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by Mintayo(m): 4:56pm On Aug 22, 2013
uj_sizzle:
Welcome Mintayo smiley We're glad to have you.
thank you so much.
@idnoble,thank you too,God bless us all.

1 Like

Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by Nobody: 8:43pm On Aug 22, 2013
With tears of compassion flowing down her face,she asks God the question that will remain unanswered throughout her life:"Why weren't they all healed?"

H'yall folks,just thought to drop a line from a very interesting book on the biography of God's miracle worker-Kathryn Kuhlman.
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by superior1: 9:23pm On Aug 22, 2013
Bidam: With tears of compassion flowing down her face,she asks God the question that will remain unanswered throughout her life:"Why weren't they all healed?"

H'yall folks,just thought to drop a line from a very interesting book on the biography of God's miracle worker-Kathryn Kuhlman.

That is one highly anointed woman.
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by superior1: 9:31pm On Aug 22, 2013
A breezy evening, sitting outside my balcony and wondering about the goodness of the Lord. What have brought me this far is nothing short the saving grace of the Lord. Storms that threaten to swallow my soul have come and gone but by the mercies of the Lord, I am still standing.

Yahweh Yahweh, where would I be if not for you?
That's why i sing, Yahweh Yahweh, I worship, I worship. There is nothing , there is no one like you awimayeun!!!. There is nothing, there is no one like you!!!.

1 Like

Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by ATMC(f): 10:28pm On Aug 22, 2013
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by ATMC(f): 10:30pm On Aug 22, 2013
Ihedinobi: John 1:51

And he said to him, “Truly, truly, I say to you,[a
] you will see heaven opened, and the angels of God ascending and descending on the Son of Man.”

Uj covered a considerable part of the message in this chapter. I thought to highlight this verse for what it's worth.

The language of Jesus's speech suggests that He was referencing something else. Oh, excuse me, I was automatically beginning to sound scholarly and all. Put simply, anyone who knows of Jacob's dream of the ladder between Heaven and Earth which angels were climbing up and down on (Genesis 28:12) would automatically recall it once they see John 1:51. That dream was speaking of what the Death and Resurrection of our Lord fulfilled.

To begin with, I think it is necessary to point out that Heaven and Earth are actually essentially one. The fall of Man ruptured that wholeness and unleashed chaos and want upon all of material creation. The advent of our Lord was to heal this rift. In the language of our brother Paul, it was to reconcile all things to Himself, both things in Heaven and things on earth (2 Corinthians 5:18, 19 and Hebrews 9).

We are now in the days of which Jesus spoke. The link between Heaven and Earth has been reestablished, but our Lord did one better. He is fusing Heaven and Earth into one solid entity. Today, angels share in fellowship with us as we worship the Lord God. Soon, there will be no difference between them and us. They will not have to go and come, we will be together worshipping the Lord with every single thing that we do. That is the day of which John spoke later in symbols in Revelation: there will be no temple because the Lord God and the Lamb will be right there in the midst of the people. There will not be need for any other ceremony because we will have been brought into such close communion with God that worship is natural to us and inseparable from our day-to-day involvements.

However, what does this verse have for us today, in the present, in this moment in which we live? Jesus said that the day would come when He would be the link between Heaven and Earth. Well, that day is today. But He is not here...or is He? Scriptures say that He is...in us. Remove the Christian today and there is no link between Heaven and Earth. It may have been in derision that our first brothers were called Christians but the name is apt. We are Christ here on earth, we are tasked with His Mission and empowered with His Authority. No one need go into the Heavens to get Jesus to do anything. They need only look to us.

I realize just how scary that is when its full meaning hits us. We are actually saying that unless the Christian mans up and takes up the Ministry of Christ, this world is royally screwed. Who wants to fill such gigantic shoes? No one wants to be Judge when it is possible that they can also fall to accusation, but then that is exactly the job we have been given to do - the job of reconciliation, of calling men back to God, of showing them a better way (which simply means we declare that their own way is not good enough which in its turn exposes us to all kinds of scrutiny). It's by no means an easy or a very desirable job in this age of weakness. But it is the Christian's job at least as much today as ever, if not more.

We are the ladder of God linking Heaven and Earth. It falls to us to keep the integration going. It falls to us to maintain an open road for God into His World. And there is no way to fulfill this task other than to give our whole selves to the ways of Christ. We must learn Who Christ is and how He deals with things in order to represent Him correctly. We must learn His Way so that we can walk in it.

How do you do your business? Operate as a student? Serve in your workplace? Deal as a politician and member of society? Are you bringing the Will of God to bear upon your environment as it is being brought to bear in Heaven? Or are you sitting on your butt waiting for somebody else, maybe God Himself, to do it? There are lives everyday hungry and crying out for just a little of the Love of God. Preaching to them is not the only thing that they need. In fact, talking religion may not be the wisest thing in many of today's situations. How about taking the responsibility to produce jobs in the Nigerian economy?

How about taking responsibility to learn the inner workings of politics in Nigeria in order to provide more reliable political advice that can result in positive change? How about taking responsibility to learn your trade or profession so well and gain such mastery in it that you can help to reshape it to fit Christ? How about taking responsibility for poor, downtrodden and "deported" regardless their ethnicity and philosophical persuasions? How about taking responsibility to engage in debates to bring Christ through to dark hungry hearts?

How about choosing to be patient
wow! The gospel according to saint ihedinobi
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by Nobody: 10:39pm On Aug 22, 2013
Hello everyone, I'm new here smiley
great thread!
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by Kitay(f): 11:04pm On Aug 22, 2013
1A2B3C4D5E6F7GO: Hello everyone, I'm new here smiley
great thread!

Welcome 1 - 7 GO
Enjoy urself in tis family of God!

1 Like

Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by ATMC(f): 11:10pm On Aug 22, 2013
^what a moniker, welcome anywayz
@john 2...there may have been times when mary asked jesus to get salt from doris' shop but he was playing game PS 2 and forgot and then doris closed her shop and went home when night fell, then when mary returned from bakery, she asked for d salt when it was time for her to put it in d food she was cooking, then jesus remembered dt he forgot to buy it and now doris has closed...mary scolds him, he tells mary to scoop water with d soup spoon and she did and it turned to salt...so looking back while at d wedding, she tells d disciples whateva he tells you to do, do it! Otherwise, how else would she have known to say dt to his disciples had she not had an encounter/ experience...
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by coupleprophets: 12:07am On Aug 23, 2013
[color=#000099][/color] We the Couple Prophets can intercede on behalf of anyone in prayer as we believe that God answers all prayers. May God bless you as you do so. http://www.coupleprophets.com
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by Nobody: 12:27am On Aug 23, 2013
ATMC: wow! The gospel according to saint ihedinobi

shocked Did I say something?
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by FortresOfChrist(f): 2:05am On Aug 23, 2013
Good chatting for Christians.
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by ATMC(f): 7:13am On Aug 23, 2013
Ihedinobi:

shocked Did I say something?
...he who had ear heard
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by yetseyi(f): 8:09am On Aug 23, 2013
hmm @ID noble UJ meant no disrespect wen she called a 'MAN' a baby. 'MEN' actually behave like babies @ times *winks*
1-7G0 nd mintayo wlcm
I ve been folowing silently
morning evry1
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by HumbledbYGrace(f): 9:59am On Aug 23, 2013
ATMC you are so funny, now m laughing and it hurts coz m on dry fasting cry

@1a2b3c4d5e6f7g your welcome, this your moniker looks like a secret code.

Top of the morning to everyone.

*scratching my head* erm, John2, wow ok.

This chapter took me days to dig out the truth in it, my human nature understandeth not but the spirit seeketh the truth, this is from somewhere, I added a pinch though.

Can I get an amen? undecided

PRACTICAL OBSERVATIONS.

1. See how marriage is honored! God solemnized the first marriage in Eden. Christ wrought his first miracle on a marriage occasion.

2. It is to be noted that he was not an ascetic, nor did he delight in asceticism. He not only attended the joyous festivities of the marriage feast, but he even contributed to the means of enjoyment. He would still rather see us bright, joyous and thankful, than long-faced, doleful and fault finding. His ministry was to be one of joy and peace; his sanction is to be given, not to a crushing asceticism, but to genial innocence; his approval, not to compulsory celibacy, but to a sacred union.

3. The first miracle of Moses was to turn the river of a guilty nation into blood; the first of Jesus to fill the water pots of an innocent family with wine.

4. The world giveth its best and richest first. At the board it spreads the [47] viands may not fail; nay, may even grow in number and improve in quality, but they soon pall on the sated appetite, and the end of the world's feast is always worse and less enjoyable than the beginning. Who has found it so of the provisions of the Savior's grace, of those quiet, soothing, satisfying pleasures, that true faith imparts? There the appetite grows with the food it feeds upon. . . . Of each new cup from the heavenly Provider we may say: "Thou hast kept the good wine even until now."

5. "Let no table be spread to which He who graced the marriage feast of Cana could not be invited; let no pleasure be indulged in that could not live in the light of his countenance." Then thou wilt be an invited guest to the marriage supper of the Lamb of God. Rev. 19:9.

1 Like

Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by HumbledbYGrace(f): 10:00am On Aug 23, 2013
^ ^ ^

Finishing touches-------»

“When the church becomes sordid instead of spiritual God will abandon it to destruction.”

IMO, bringing this into my own life experiences, I believe that Jesus hate things I do to his temple because being God's child means I have been saved, baptist in the name of the father, the son and the holy spirit. The temple could be my body, and I could be using it to please myself, doing shameful things to it but Jesus promised a proper cleaning, the whip to get me back on track. That whip could be a devastating thing that would bring me to my knees and seek my father, come clean to him for purification.

My sins would die and be forgiven, and as I rise with Jesus Christ, its with renewed power and fulfilment.

Isn't that the tearing of the temple? Isn't that God's grace? Isn't he showing us just how merciful he is? Because he actually is with us during that process of cleansing, tearing, destroying and then building it for his perfection and glory?

The Master still knows what is in every heart. He has no need to be told what is in mine or yours, but he sees every thought and motive every day. Our lives are naked and open to him with whom we have to do.------------------------------------------>
Psalm 139:1-6:

1  O Lord, you have searched me and known me!
2  You know when I sit down and when I rise up;
you discern my thoughts from afar.
3  You search out my path and my lying down
and are acquainted with all my ways.
4  Even before a word is on my tongue,
behold, O Lord, you know it altogether.
5  You hem me in, behind and before,
and lay your hand upon me.
6  Such knowledge is too wonderful for me;
it is high; I cannot attain it.
let me leave it here before I take a different route.

2 Likes

Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by EzePromoe: 10:57am On Aug 23, 2013
cool
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by HumbledbYGrace(f): 11:00am On Aug 23, 2013
Eze Promoe: cool
nice to see you here bla, and happy too cool
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by delkuf(m): 12:12pm On Aug 23, 2013
Hello evrybody. Am back. D holy spirit taught and I want to share. I want us to ans dia three questions. Which lady did Cain got married to. Is xtianity a religion or relationship. Who do we as born again xtian pray to.
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by Nobody: 12:31pm On Aug 23, 2013
we have hopes high on the coming of our lord Jesus soon.hence we try to live holy lives in our daily engagement so as to behold the glory of the kingdom.though some have been given the priveledge to see the glory of the kingdom and their testimonies all have similar bearings.what astonish me in what they say is that making heaven is not only dependent on a pure heart but also on a clean outward a pperance.in our world today the difference btw the two sexes cannot be know at distant view.to be cont.
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by HumbledbYGrace(f): 1:30pm On Aug 23, 2013
delkuf: Hello evrybody. Am back. D holy spirit taught and I want to share. I want us to ans dia three questions. Which lady did Cain got married to. Is xtianity a religion or relationship. Who do we as born again xtian pray to.
We pray to God, the father in the name of the son led by the Holy Spirit undecided

Christianity is a relationship

Cain married one of his sisters

1 Like

Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by Nobody: 2:42pm On Aug 23, 2013
Congrats humble on your appointment as a moderator. The Lord is your strength.
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by EzePromoe: 2:50pm On Aug 23, 2013
HumbledbYGrace: nice to see you here bla, and happy too cool

Merci boque ma'am smiley

This is my first time on this section though
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by EzePromoe: 2:51pm On Aug 23, 2013
idnoble135: Congrats humble on your appointment as a moderator. The Lord is your strength.

For real shocked

1 Like

Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by EzePromoe: 2:58pm On Aug 23, 2013
Some people are slow o Bless you, Mr. Liker cheesy
Who liked that post, and for what reason
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by HumbledbYGrace(f): 3:11pm On Aug 23, 2013
Thanks @ Idnoble, he is indeed and Eze....your welcome just don't make us scratch our heads with your new found love for words.
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by ARareGem(f): 4:55pm On Aug 23, 2013
So I couldn't continue because of poor reception. Well, here go I again....

Jhn 2:4. Note Jesus called her 'Woman' not 'Mother'. He mildly reproved Mary. It was important she understood that she had no authority over Him, that she could not command Him. Mary was honoured to carry Him for 9 months, cater for Him till maturity, but He remained God and she was merely a mould of dust He breathed life into. Furthermore, Jesus had fully started His public ministry(after His baptism),He solely did the work of His Father, answering only to the godhead and no one else- not even Mary, his mother. This is something our brethren who still pray to the Virgin Mary to intercede/mediate on our behalf should ponder on. Mediation/Intercession for all mankind is the business of Jesus.

This notwithstanding, Jesus saw a need that had to be met and He performed His first miracle at the marriage in Cana. A pointer that Jesus approves of the institution of marriage and also of celebrating. I am sure there was music and dancing and laughing at the marriage. Yes, God is not an unrelenting sober, solemn, tight-faced, angry melancholic God! Yes, He laughs too! Celebrates too! It is good to celebrate, be cheerful. But be modest, decent and avoid sin like a plague.

Vs 6-10, Jesus turned 6 waterpots (each waterpot containing about 8 gallons/4.5 litres -Do the math and multiply by 6) into wine. That was more than enough! He is the God that blesses yanfu yanfu grin -overflowing blessings. Remember what the governor of feast said (vs 10), they were already getting to the end of the feast, so we can presume many people were already filled with wine, but Jesus supplied more than enough excellent wine. He does that a lot - delightfully blesses us.
Note vs 11, He manifested His glory. You know, He showed off His power just at the needed time. cool

The House of God is not a place for marketing goods, selling both 'needed' and 'unneeded' products e.g. 'blessed water/oil', anointing oil, Christian literature, snacks etc. If at all, these things must be made available for the convenience of the Church, I personally think the mart/store should be outside the church (place of worship) and should not be open during service periods. There are wrong ways of doing the right things. (Vs 14-16)

Vs 16-17. Notice the Lord’s zealousness in preserving the sanctity of the temple of God. 1Cor 9:16 tells us we are the temple of God. How well do we work towards preserving our temple. Can the Holy Spirit dwell in us? Are our bodies (temples) used for the purpose it was made for? Do we glorify God with the activities we engage ourselves in? An addition to Gracie's post.

Did you know another miracle occurred in Vs 15?! I didn’t. I just found out myself. Remember this was the Passover period - multitudes trooping in from all over into Jerusalem. Now tell me, how could ONE man use a ‘scourge of small cords’ to drive all the sellers of oxen, sheep and doves away? How did He drive out the changers of money that were sitting relaxed at their corner? Or even the sheep and oxen that were minding their business under their shade? And all the while He was driving them out, He was shouting ‘My Father’s house is not a house of merchandise!’(Clear out all these things, He probably yelled!) Yet, NOBODY dared to stop Him? Folks didn’t decide to clear Him down and beat Him to pulp for all the damage and loss He was causing them?! They actually evacuated the premises?! Na wa o! ‘Twas a miracle, I tell ya. It must be that this man was like no other! You know, the type that commands respect. cool Yes, it was Jesus and He has authority over all. He’s got swags.

Vs 19 & 25. Jesus proves that He knows the past, present and future. The Ancient of Days. The All-Knowing God. And He knows our hearts - even the desperate wickedness. There is no deceiving God. He knew His temple (body) would be destroyed (crucified). He knew the sufferings for our sins that awaited Him, but still He went and sacrificed Himself for us, despising not the shame of the cross. Glory be to Jesus.

Source: Many, many places and insight from the Holy Spirit. grin

2 Likes

Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by ARareGem(f): 5:06pm On Aug 23, 2013
Goodness! I hope people like me who's brains automatically shut down at the sight of long posts like this ^ do go through the post. embarassed lipsrsealed

And Grace, congrats on your new appointment. You may not know it, but you've been a blessing to my life. May God bless you richly. smiley

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (141) (142) (143) (144) (145) (146) (147) ... (788) (Reply)

Higher Everyday — The Lame Leaps / Christ Embassy's New Social Website / Yookos.com – Christ Embassy’s Social Networking Site.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.