Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,523 members, 7,854,253 topics. Date: Saturday, 08 June 2024 at 01:15 PM

The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) - Religion (281) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) (845612 Views)

The Satanic Chatbox. Everybody Is Welcome / The Non-Christian Chatbox ( sticky ) / Christian's Chatbox Game/Party Night - May 4th@ 10pm Gmt -ALL CHRISTIANS INVITED (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (278) (279) (280) (281) (282) (283) (284) ... (788) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by delkuf(m): 4:12pm On Oct 09, 2013
HumbledbYGrace: can you stop abbreviating Christian?

A Christian is a Christ like person right, it certainly aint no religion, its a way of life. Our life style. We have the father.

What's wrong with saying; God the Father, God the Son, and God the Holy Spirit?
1cor8vs5 says, there are many gods. Both in heaven and here on earth. With this how can we differentiate b/w the God we christian pray, and that of d muslim. It wouldn't make sense, if we just. Pray to God, not knwing whom, which God we are praying to.
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by HumbledbYGrace(f): 4:17pm On Oct 09, 2013
delkuf: 1cor8vs5 says, there are many gods. Both in heaven and here on earth. With this how can we differentiate b/w the God we christian pray, and that of d muslim. It wouldn't make sense, if we just. Pray to God, not knwing whom, which God we are praying to.
Muslims prays to Allah! We Christians knows very well as Jesus said; there is no way to the Father without him. He is our bridge to the Father, again remember we have the Holy Spirit in us. We just do not chant 'god this, god that.'
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by Nobody: 4:23pm On Oct 09, 2013
*Cat walks in majestically*

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by Joshthefirst(m): 4:27pm On Oct 09, 2013
delkuf: 1cor8vs5 says, there are many gods. Both in heaven and here on earth. With this how can we differentiate b/w the God we christian pray, and that of d muslim. It wouldn't make sense, if we just. Pray to God, not knwing whom, which God we are praying to.
shocked
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by Joshthefirst(m): 4:28pm On Oct 09, 2013
Elantracey: *Cat walks in majestically*

Where's the cat? Pets aren't allowed on this thread

grin grin
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by ATMC(f): 4:29pm On Oct 09, 2013
texanomaly:
Sigh...

The plural for fruit is "fruit". There is no "s". It could go both ways.

So it is open to interpretation. That's why so many people have so many different ideas about what any of it means. Also why we all think ours is the right one.

smh
we are here to learn and could yhu pls explain the use of 'is'....the fruit of the spirit is...since the plural of fruit is fruit .
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by delkuf(m): 4:29pm On Oct 09, 2013
HumbledbYGrace: Muslims prays to Allah! We Christians knows very well as Jesus said; there is no way to the Father without him. He is our bridge to the Father, again remember we have the Holy Spirit in us. We just do not chant 'god this, god that.'
and u think muslim and other religion don't use the word God. D lord Jesus said in John1vs23, whtsoever we ask the father, in is name, the father will give it to us. This connote the fact that if we want to pray for anything, we shld pray it to the father, through d name of Jesus. All this are pointing to d fact that, we as christians shldnt pray to God but our heaven father
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by Mintayo(m): 4:31pm On Oct 09, 2013
delkuf: and u think muslim and other religion don't use the word God. D lord Jesus said in John1vs23, whtsoever we ask the father, in is name, the father will give it to us. This connote the fact that if we want to pray for anything, we shld pray it to the father, through d name of Jesus. All this are pointing to d fact that, we as christians shldnt pray to God but our heaven father
please who is our heavenly Father?
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by ATMC(f): 4:36pm On Oct 09, 2013
delkuf: Have u ever thought of it, that the Lord Jesus never prayed to God. Doesn't it beat ur mind that Jesus, the one person we as xtian look up to never see it good to use the word God, wen he pray but father. Or u think is not important. The Lord Jesus won't use d word father, if is not important
back then, the people never used the word God anyhow. that is why. it is sacred. and remember they abode by the commandment thou shall not take the name of ur God in vain. So they were careful with it
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by HumbledbYGrace(f): 4:38pm On Oct 09, 2013
Elantracey: *Cat walks in majestically*
Hellos, M Grace, peased to meet you, do have a sit.
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by texanomaly(f): 4:38pm On Oct 09, 2013
ATMC: we are here to learn and could yhu pls explain the use of 'is'....the fruit of the spirit is...since the plural of fruit is fruit .
In this case the grammar is correct. "Are" would not fit here. Unfortunately most grammar rules have an exception.
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by Joshthefirst(m): 4:39pm On Oct 09, 2013
delkuf: and u think muslim and other religion don't use the word God. D lord Jesus said in John1vs23, whtsoever we ask the father, in is name, the father will give it to us. This connote the fact that if we want to pray for anything, we shld pray it to the father, through d name of Jesus. All this are pointing to d fact that, we as christians shldnt pray to God but our heaven father
I'm sorry, but I do not agree with what you're saying. God is our father. He is our God, and he is our father. Don't be confused.

Ephesians 1:2 Grace be to you, and peace, from God our Father, and from the Lord Jesus Christ.

Galatians1: 1 Paul, an apostle, (not of men, neither by man, but by Jesus Christ, and God the Father, who raised him from the dead

2 corinthians 1:2 Grace be to you and peace from God our Father, and from the Lord Jesus Christ. 3 Blessed be God, even the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of mercies, and the God of all comfort; 4 Who comforteth us in all our tribulation, that we may be able to comfort them which are in any trouble, by the comfort wherewith we ourselves are comforted of God.

By the mouth of 2 or 3 witnessesn every word shall be established. Thank you. Keep to the middle of the road. Don't go into extremes
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by ATMC(f): 4:40pm On Oct 09, 2013
Mintayo:
i want to know too. guy, how ur day dey go? so happy the day is rounding off soon... cool how is u na?
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by ATMC(f): 4:42pm On Oct 09, 2013
chibuebem!
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by ATMC(f): 4:42pm On Oct 09, 2013
@hbg girl howdy?
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by delkuf(m): 4:43pm On Oct 09, 2013
Mintayo:
God. This will go a little deeper with this questn. I don't knw if I have d time. There are lot of this I. Would like to say. Let me start bby saying, d first man and adam with two impressions. Adam was not the first man God created. U can ask questn on this, and I will show u through d bible, with d help of d spirit of our heavenly father. So, God created the first man with the impression of him as a God, while God created Adam with the impression of him as a father. So,we as decendant of adam through christ, have God as a father to us
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by Joshthefirst(m): 4:44pm On Oct 09, 2013
ATMC: chibuebem!
where is he? grin grin grin

Good evening. Trust your day has been good.
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by Joshthefirst(m): 4:47pm On Oct 09, 2013
delkuf: God. This will go a little deeper with this questn. I don't knw if I have d time. There are lot of this I. Would like to say. Let me start bby saying, d first man and adam with two impressions. Adam was not the first man God created. U can ask questn on this, and I will show u through d bible, with d help of d spirit of our heavenly father. So, God created the first man with the impression of him as a God, while God created Adam with the impression of him as a father. So,we as decendant of adam through christ, have God as a father to us
shocked shocked shocked

Please let us keep to the straight path and not add our own meaning to the scriptures.
Thank you.
With all due respect sir.
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by Mintayo(m): 4:47pm On Oct 09, 2013
ATMC: i want to know too. guy, how ur day dey go? so happy the day is rounding off soon... cool how is u na?
my was fine,stressful too,though still at it...preparing for tomorrow.
How are you too?
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by ATMC(f): 4:47pm On Oct 09, 2013
Joshthefirst: where is he? grin grin grin

Good evening. Trust your day has been good.
how are yhu? cheesy i like ur name so much...first time i heard dt
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by ATMC(f): 4:47pm On Oct 09, 2013
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by Mintayo(m): 4:48pm On Oct 09, 2013
Joshthefirst: shocked shocked shocked

Please let us keep to the straight path and not add our own meaning to the scriptures.
Thank you.
With all due respect sir.
smiley
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by Joshthefirst(m): 4:49pm On Oct 09, 2013
ATMC: how are yhu? cheesy i like ur name so much...first time i heard dt
thank you.
I'm fine.

I like the name too grin
Okwa I ma the meaning of the name?
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by Mintayo(m): 4:50pm On Oct 09, 2013
delkuf: God. This will go a little deeper with this questn. I don't knw if I have d time. There are lot of this I. Would like to say. Let me start bby saying, d first man and adam with two impressions. Adam was not the first man God created. U can ask questn on this, and I will show u through d bible, with d help of d spirit of our heavenly father. So, God created the first man with the impression of him as a God, while God created Adam with the impression of him as a father. So,we as decendant of adam through christ, have God as a father to us
owh,plsssssssshocked
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by ATMC(f): 4:50pm On Oct 09, 2013
...therefore can call him father. am I right?
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by ATMC(f): 4:51pm On Oct 09, 2013
Joshthefirst: thank you.
I'm fine.

I like the name too grin

O the meaning kam ji like ya na... grin ichebu no gini?
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by delkuf(m): 4:51pm On Oct 09, 2013
Joshthefirst: I'm sorry, but I do not agree with what you're saying. God is our father. He is our God, and he is our father. Don't be confused.

Ephesians 1:2 Grace be to you, and peace, from God our Father, and from the Lord Jesus Christ.

Galatians1: 1 Paul, an apostle, (not of men, neither by man, but by Jesus Christ, and God the Father, who raised him from the dead

2 corinthians 1:2 Grace be to you and peace from God our Father, and from the Lord Jesus Christ. 3 Blessed be God, even the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of mercies, and the God of all comfort; 4 Who comforteth us in all our tribulation, that we may be able to comfort them which are in any trouble, by the comfort wherewith we ourselves are comforted of God.

By the mouth of 2 or 3 witnessesn every word shall be established. Thank you. Keep to the middle of the road. Don't go into extremes

am not disputing the fact that God is our father and the father is God. Try and get wht am trying to say. God is our father, no doubt, but for there not to be any contradiction, God distinquish himself to some pple as a father. So those pple do wht ever they do to a father, and not God. They pray to the father. They relate with him as a father. That's the point
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by ATMC(f): 4:52pm On Oct 09, 2013
Joshthefirst: thank you.
I'm fine. wink

I like the name too grin

O the meaning kam ji like ya na... grin ichebu no gini? the afa makegodu mbada sense wink
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by ATMC(f): 4:54pm On Oct 09, 2013
Mintayo:
my was fine,stressful too,though still at it...preparing for tomorrow.
How are you too?
cool
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by delkuf(m): 4:55pm On Oct 09, 2013
ATMC: ...therefore can call him father. am I right?
ya
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by ATMC(f): 4:58pm On Oct 09, 2013
delkuf: ya
so when we pray to the father we equally can call him God then? since he is one and the same.
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by Joshthefirst(m): 4:58pm On Oct 09, 2013
ATMC: O the meaning kam ji like ya na... grin ichebu no gini? the afa makegodu mbada sense wink
thank you ma grin
O papa m mee ka o buru otu ahu.
O kpekwa ekpere tupu o yem afa.
Ekperem bu ka ndum di otu aha ahu kwuru.

Thank you for the kind words. grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (278) (279) (280) (281) (282) (283) (284) ... (788) (Reply)

Higher Everyday — Prayer and Praise / Christ Embassy's New Social Website / Yookos.com – Christ Embassy’s Social Networking Site.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.