Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,809 members, 7,831,640 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 11:21 PM

The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) - Religion (284) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) (837632 Views)

The Satanic Chatbox. Everybody Is Welcome / The Non-Christian Chatbox ( sticky ) / Christian's Chatbox Game/Party Night - May 4th@ 10pm Gmt -ALL CHRISTIANS INVITED (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (281) (282) (283) (284) (285) (286) (287) ... (787) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by Nobody: 10:27am On Oct 10, 2013
delkuf: Hello evry body. I want us to do smthing. As christian, we need to check ourselves. Though this is not d right plat form, but d little we can do, let's do it. So, hbg and evry body, let's ask ourselves wht others feel and can tell abt us. Any body can give more ideas of how to go abt it. It will help us as christian

Wait do you just want to know your fellow Christian brother or you need a partner? Cos it wld be better you do a secret background check on anyone as it is neither non-religious or religious.

Maybe I am not getting it right... What do you mean by check ourselves? If you need answers about what others feel about Christians, it is in the Bible... "they will despise you for my cause" Mat 10:22; John 15:18-25

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by UjSizzle(f): 10:38am On Oct 10, 2013
delkuf: Hello evry body. I want us to do smthing. As christian, we need to check ourselves. Though this is not d right plat form, but d little we can do, let's do it. So, hbg and evry body, let's ask ourselves wht others feel and can tell abt us. Any body can give more ideas of how to go abt it. It will help us as christian
Pleased shed more light on this.
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by Nobody: 10:54am On Oct 10, 2013
I dont know why most christians preach but do not practise what they preach. Well, i tried my best. But ......
Ama out.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by UjSizzle(f): 11:39am On Oct 10, 2013
Damex333: I dont know why most christians preach but do not practise what they preach. Well, i tried my best. But ......
Ama out.
What's the problem now
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by meggy4real: 1:20pm On Oct 10, 2013
AN EXCITING LIFE . Thursday, 10th October
Pastor Chris

For the kingdom of God is not meat and drink; but righteousness, and peace, and joy in the Holy Ghost.Romans 14:17

The more you study the scriptures, the more convinced you'll be that Christianity isn't a religion at all, but a living, exciting, fulfilling, and extraordinary walk in the supernatural. I made this discovery early in life as a young lad. The more I studied the Word of God, the more excited I was about Jesus; I discovered that Christianity works. I discovered that the Word was living and active. I discovered that the miracles in the Bible weren't mere stories, and that the Holy Spirit was more than an influence.

Let's look at some exciting examples in the Scriptures of some of those in whose lives the Holy Spirit manifested His extraordinary power. Judges 15:16 ,tells us how Samson overcame a thousand trained soldiers with the jawbone of an ass. In 1 Samuel 17:34-35, David testified how he killed a lion and a bear with his bare hands. Consider Moses: Once, he and the Israelites were hemmed in between the Red Sea, and the charging Egyptian troops. The Bible tells us that as Moses stretched his hand over the Sea, it split wide open for the Israelites to walk through on dry ground.

How exciting and inspiring to know that the same Spirit that worked with these and other Bible characters, as well as the Lord Jesus, and the apostles, is the same Spirit that's at work in us today. 2 Corinthians 4:7 says, "But we have this treasure in earthen vessels, that the excellency of the power may be of God, and not of us." Ours is even better, because like the Lord Jesus, we have the fullness of the Spirit (John 1:16, Colossians 2:9-10). The same Spirit that raised Him from the dead lives in us today in His fullness (Romans 8:11); therefore, you can walk in fellowship with God as the prophets, the Lord Jesus, and the apostles did. You can live an exciting life of victory, success, and excellence by the same Spirit.

PRAYER

Dear Father, I thank you for your Word that has brought the reality of the divine life to light in me. I live a joyful, exciting, and glorious life in absolute liberty and mastery over Satan and all circumstances, in Jesus' Name. Amen.

FURTHER STUDY

Romans 8:11

DAILY SCRIPTURE READING

1 Year Bible Reading Plan

Colossians 3:1-4:1

Isaiah 31-32

2 Year Bible Reading Plan

John 5:1-9

1 Kings 16
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by ATMC(f): 1:21pm On Oct 10, 2013
@delkuf d game was about getting to know each other so, except yhu mean what we think about the each other ...
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by delkuf(m): 6:47pm On Oct 10, 2013
Wht am trying to say is this. Though I don't have a complete idea myself. I jst want a situatn where we can ask ourselves questn, like d bible verses we've read, and other. Stuff to help lift us as christian
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by ATMC(f): 6:40am On Oct 11, 2013
delkuf: Wht am trying to say is this. Though I don't have a complete idea myself. I jst want a situatn where we can ask ourselves questn, like d bible verses we've read, and other. Stuff to help lift us as christian
delkuf!
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by ATMC(f): 7:01am On Oct 11, 2013
October Joy

Our joy is made complete
In all that Jesus is
October overflows
With heaven's purest bliss

Of red and golden brown
and beauty tumbling down

Color twirling at our feet
Falling here upon
In awesome wonder we applaud
And sing with joyful song

How pretty this season's breeze
swirling rusty leaves

Bringing us His tender love
Each day aglow with grace
Heaven's perfect bliss has come
To carry us away

In crispy ballet shoes,
and bright leaves pretty wings

Of wild October beauty
To bless our tender hearts
Our hands upheld in joyful praise
To receive all God imparts

october------ month of joy
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by Nobody: 8:08am On Oct 11, 2013
Good Morning Wonderful people...

delkuf: Wht am trying to say is this. Though I don't have a complete idea myself. I jst want a situatn where we can ask ourselves questn, like d bible verses we've read, and other. Stuff to help lift us as christian

Lemme Start with this...

I asked a question a while back but ALL (not most/some) of you acted as if you didn't see the question...

What is fornication in the real biblical sense? I don't want to create a thread for this cos of derailment.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by dipotech: 8:38am On Oct 11, 2013
Matthew 25:31-46 (GOD’S WORD Translation)

Matthew 25:31-46

Jesus Will Judge the World
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by HumbledbYGrace(f): 12:06pm On Oct 11, 2013
ledafaze: Good Morning Wonderful people...

Lemme Start with this...

I asked a question a while back but ALL (not most/some) of you acted as if you didn't see the question...

What is fornication in the real biblical sense? I don't want to create a thread for this cos of derailment.
Kissing, locking lips and exchanging saliva.
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by Nobody: 12:07pm On Oct 11, 2013
HumbledbYGrace: Kissing, locking lips and exchanging saliva.
Are you bringing it here? Hahahahahaha cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

Please lets stick to the question and dont derail please... RULE NO 1

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by Nobody: 12:58pm On Oct 11, 2013
ledafaze:

That reminded of the story of Prophet Daniel Orekoya that I read in the book - Great Revivals Great Revivalist written by Abi Olowe... that great man of God that has got the raising of the dead mantle in Nigeria back in 1930s... He heard the voice of the Lord clearly, but the Church authorities told him to stay put. But as God would have it, disobedience to the church of the Lord caused his untimely death...

And note... his going to Warri was to go and do God's work... and many believed with signs and wonders following. Some even said he was used as a ground breaking for that side of the country...

Do you know any Scriptures that authenticate that sentiment?

I'll tell you one that destroys it utterly. Well, not one, just a story covered over a few chapters of the book of the Acts.

Paul was certain that he was to go to Jerusalem. Everybody warned him against it. Disciples speaking through the Spirit (Acts 21:4) told him expressly not to go up to Jerusalem. He did go even though he knew what awaited him. Because he went, Caesar's house heard the Gospel and a powerful witness was made for Christ in Rome. You will not find Paul saying anywhere that his death in Rome two years after he embarked on that journey for Jerusalem was untimely.

In fact, he said before he got to Jerusalem that he understood what awaited him and was prepared for it. And in his second letter to Timothy he said that he had finished his course and run his race and it was time for him to depart. You don't say that if you think you are suffering some kind of judgment for.going against the authority of the Church expressed many times clearly and with prophecy.

It's the Christian's preoccupation today with the affairs of this life that leads us to say things like you quoted. We don't belong here. We are ambassadors passing through. As long as we can pass on our Kingdom's, our Homeland's messages to this land we're going through, we are doing as we should. We shouldn't settle down here and start building as if we will never leave. Paul knew that. In fact, our early brothers knew that and we have forgotten.

Paul suffered no judgment for "disobeying" the authority of the Church. He, in fact, did not disobey anything. His brethren were out of sync with the Lord in the matter. The Lord used them to prepare Paul for what he would face not to instruct him not to go. They misunderstood the Lord and thought that warnings were the same as commands not to go. And Paul's death was not untimely. It came at the exact time he was ready to go and his work was done.

Oh, and besides, some of the most powerful bits of the New Testament were written while he was under house arrest in Rome. smiley

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by texanomaly(f): 1:55pm On Oct 11, 2013
HumbledbYGrace: Kissing, locking lips and exchanging saliva.
You are joking here right?
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by Nobody: 2:56pm On Oct 11, 2013
HumbledbYGrace: Op please read rule #14 https://www.nairaland.com/1471982/ancient-confession-found-invented-jesus

Your head dey there HBG. But those kind of posts, you guys should not even post or even click on it so it wont get to be an event...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by Lordlexyy: 3:19pm On Oct 11, 2013
Fornication is getting intimate with an opposite sex that you are not legaly married to. It could be physical, through thoughts and by words. #.......# something is fishy here @faze
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by Nobody: 3:21pm On Oct 11, 2013
Lordlexyy: Fornication is getting intimate with an opposite sex that you are not legally married to. It could be physical, through thoughts and by words. #.......# something is fishy here @faze

Hmmm.... nice quote...

But I mean in the religious sense of it. Please quote with bible passages o... and how intimate do you mean?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by texanomaly(f): 3:32pm On Oct 11, 2013
Lordlexyy: Fornication is getting intimate with an opposite sex that you are not legaly married to. It could be physical, through thoughts and by words. #.......# something is fishy here @faze
Thank you! That's all it takes. Christians should not be afraid to speak about s3x. That is the reason so many young people get into trouble. It is TABU with many Christians. It is a disservice to a child for a parent not to educate their children on this subject. Better a parent than their friends, who are probably just as clueless as they are.

Granted the op was probably asking the question to cause a stir. Which was given. This statement would have stopped it there. Question answered.

Ok. Sorry. I'm done with my rant. grin
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by Nobody: 4:17pm On Oct 11, 2013
texanomaly:
Thank you! That's all it takes. Christians should not be afraid to speak about s3x. That is the reason so many young people get into trouble. It is TABU with many Christians. It is a disservice to a child for a parent not to educate their children on this subject. Better a parent than their friends, who are probably just as clueless as they are.

Granted the op was probably asking the question to cause a stir. Which was given. This statement would have stopped it there. Question answered.

Ok. Sorry. I'm done with my rant. grin

Madam.... take it easy... not causing any stir... Just wanting to confirm my biblical readings na.... Knowing I asked about biblical references...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by Nobody: 6:25pm On Oct 11, 2013
Ama back after all the venting outside here grin,
BUT why s it that christian that preach love as the ultimate commandment, can't forgive a little brother.
If you think i actually threw your help back at your face then you are really far from it. Well, all i can say is am Xowie.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by Nobody: 6:46pm On Oct 11, 2013
Letting you guys know officially that I will be off Nairaland as a contributor for a little while, while I go ....

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by ATMC(f): 7:41pm On Oct 11, 2013
Damex333: Ama back after all the venting outside here grin,
BUT why s it that christian that preach love as the ultimate commandment, can't forgive a little brother.
If you think i actually threw your help back at your face then you are really far from it. Well, all i can say is[b]am Xowie[/b]
what language is this wan na... cheesy how was ur day?
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by ATMC(f): 7:43pm On Oct 11, 2013
ledafaze: Letting you guys know officially that I will be off Nairaland as a contributor for a little while, while I go ....
why? ur internet don finish? lol...*dont mind me jawe* how long r we going to miss you?
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by ATMC(f): 8:54pm On Oct 11, 2013
i came online to gist buh...#shrugs# gud9t @ihedinobi, damex,ledafaze, chibuebem,hbg,ujsisi,...hey i havent seen idnoble anonimous and erf in a while, 'sup wif them?
sings------sing halleluia to the lord 2x
------sing halleluia2x
------sing halleluia to the lord Zzzzzzzzzz#snoring#
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by InesQor(m): 9:03pm On Oct 11, 2013
Friday night and you're on Nairaland. cry cry cry You, yes, you reading this sad Get a life cry cry cry tongue

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by texanomaly(f): 9:06pm On Oct 11, 2013
ledafaze:

Madam.... take it easy... not causing any stir... Just wanting to confirm my biblical readings na.... Knowing I asked about biblical references...
grin
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by HumbledbYGrace(f): 9:46pm On Oct 11, 2013
ledafaze: Letting you guys know officially that I will be off Nairaland as a contributor for a little while, while I go ....
Really? cry take me with u sad I promise I will be a good girl embarassed
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by rhowly(m): 10:09pm On Oct 11, 2013
uj_sizzle spoke bout this thread. I decided to visit. Nice. Often pleasant to visit a thread devoid of bickering n where u dont have to constantly duck to avoid getting hit by flying darts (insults) plus s3xual innuendos. I recently lost somtin very precious & had been saving it for years now...hard but I hope some catch my meaning, God has restored me but I got loads to my mind. But here's something for the weekend. 'Not everytin that looks good is good and not all that is good God meant for u.' Lovely night buds and weekend. BTW anyone know a good church in Abakaliki? undecided

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by HumbledbYGrace(f): 10:33pm On Oct 11, 2013
rhowly: uj_sizzle spoke bout this thread. I decided to visit. Nice. Often pleasant to visit a thread devoid of bickering n where u dont have to constantly duck to avoid getting hit by flying darts (insults) plus sexual innuendos. I recently lost somtin very precious & had been saving it for years now...hard but I hope some catch my meaning, God has restored me but I got loads to my mind. But here's something for the weekend. 'Not everytin that looks good is good and not all that is good God meant for u.' Lovely night buds and weekend. BTW anyone know a good church in Abakaliki? undecided
Hey, welcome home lol.

I get you, I lost something I was investing in, or was invested in, something like that and I realised that most of the time all that glitters isn't gold you know.

@ Ada, Uju, Texa, Royally, Yetseyi and the guys, good night. Love you wink

Remain rapturous
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by ATMC(f): 5:43am On Oct 12, 2013
you are glorious, so glorious is ur name 2x
you are wonderful, so wonderful is ur name2x
you are excellent, so excellent in your ways2x
yahweh! yahweh you are glorious, so glorious in your ways...

goodmorning brothers and sisters, how was ur night? mine was beautiful...had a sound sleep, glory be to God
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by superbloke(m): 7:16am On Oct 12, 2013
Hello lovelies! How have you all been? Missed you guys smiley

(1) (2) (3) ... (281) (282) (283) (284) (285) (286) (287) ... (787) (Reply)

Higher Everyday — More Than Conquerors / Christ Embassy's New Social Website / Yookos.com – Christ Embassy’s Social Networking Site.

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.