Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,442 members, 7,843,350 topics. Date: Tuesday, 28 May 2024 at 11:38 PM

The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) - Religion (433) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) (841664 Views)

The Satanic Chatbox. Everybody Is Welcome / The Non-Christian Chatbox ( sticky ) / Christian's Chatbox Game/Party Night - May 4th@ 10pm Gmt -ALL CHRISTIANS INVITED (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (430) (431) (432) (433) (434) (435) (436) ... (788) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by Nobody: 2:49pm On Jul 03, 2014
woky: I reasoned nothing bro

Na wa woooo for you.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by UjSizzle(f): 2:57pm On Jul 03, 2014
An0nimus:

Ok I'll be veeeery brief.

Husband died. Gruesome death.

So many rituals done. You know the whole trad rites & stuff; shave woman's hair, mourn husband in all black for a certain period, one that involved swearing an oath that she didn't have a hand in death of husband. etc

Husband's family started coming around & asking questions. A few heated arguments here & there.

Wife got a lawyer & fought back family interference.

Wife won.
It takes a woman with guts to fight back in cases like these. She has to have some form of support too.
Yeah she needs guts and supporters. The law is already on the woman's side.
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by texanomaly(f): 2:59pm On Jul 03, 2014
dagr8:

What can women do to protect themselves in a male dominated society?
Also, should tribal law take precedent over federal, state and local law?

Which "law" protects women's rights more? Tribal or other? These are just my questions. Surely there are other questions and comments about how far feminism (women's rights.) have come in helping women economically in Nigeria?

That sounds like it should be in politics or culture. undecided

At the risk of turning this thread into a war zone, I was kind of hoping PAGAN 9JA and friends would weigh in on the bolded.
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by woky: 3:00pm On Jul 03, 2014
Ceasar1:

Na wa woooo for you.
no vex. smiley
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by TheBigUrban2: 3:18pm On Jul 03, 2014
herald9:
I am ibibio...
The most cool-headed tribe in naija...
We believe in equality and justice...
Thats why our women dont get treated like some piece of shiiiit smiley

Actually.. my uncle's wife is still in her matrimonial home even when my uncle was dead and buried for years..

Lies.....I have seen the same property problem in that your area....calabar-akwa ibom...whatever.
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by TheBigUrban2: 3:19pm On Jul 03, 2014
texanomaly:

Which "law" protects women's rights more? Tribal or other? These are just my questions. Surely there are other questions and comments about how far feminism (women's rights.) have come in helping women economically in Nigeria?

At the risk of turning this thread into a war zone, I was kind of hoping PAGAN 9JA and friends would weigh in on the bolded.

There is no one Nigerian culture. Pagan9ja can only talk about northern cultures
Someone like me would be only good at south-south cultures.
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by woky: 3:20pm On Jul 03, 2014
hello Maryini smiley
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by TheBigUrban2: 3:21pm On Jul 03, 2014
Reyginus: Lil wayne Gangster or Gangster rapper? Urban please don't insult Gangster Rap or Gangster Rappers.

lol......see how you spelt "gangsta"

Dont let me vex and slap you angry
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by Nobody: 3:27pm On Jul 03, 2014
woky: no vex. smiley

LOL.. Why should I?

It doesn't matter whether you put your brain to work or not.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by TheBigUrban2: 3:27pm On Jul 03, 2014
ihedinobi2:

I believe you were offered an opportunity to define the concept yourself. You did not take it. It is also rather interesting that it is now that you point out that there was a problem with the definition we worked with. Why did you not do so before, Logicboy?

grin grin

See lies!! I defined the concept of feminism or at least, explained it how i see it;

The.Big.Urban:
Back to the topic,

Feminism is about women's rights, equality and empowerment.

^^
It is the last word that divides feminists- "empowerment"

1)Some feminists take "empowerment" as women getting educated and into places of authority/responsibility
2)Some feminists take "empowerment" as defeating men or getting even with men

It is the second group of feminists that give feminists a bad name. Feminazis

https://www.nairaland.com/1114515/christian-chatbox-sticky/423#24371343
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by woky: 3:28pm On Jul 03, 2014
Ceasar1: Is this still a Christian Chat Box?

My eyes must be seeing things.
Now I knw what You mean.. grin
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by Nobody: 3:34pm On Jul 03, 2014
The.Big.Urban:

lol......see how you spelt "gangsta"

Dont let me vex and slap you angry
What is wrong with it?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by dagr8(m): 3:53pm On Jul 03, 2014
texanomaly:

I posted on what Ihe said the topic was.
lmao....Iam sorry,I just got it

ihedinobi2:

We will continue with another issue that emanates from Feminism this evening. A thread will be created to crystallize the discussions and conclusions drawn here and, if necessary, sustain any further discussions on modesty in appearance. But we will be ending all discussions touching the subject per this exercise on this thread effectively today so that we can move into new spaces for growth.

To follow beginning this evening until Saturday will be discussions on the economic rights of women.
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by maryini(f): 3:59pm On Jul 03, 2014
woky: hello Maryini smiley
Hi woky cheesy
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by ihedinobi2: 4:03pm On Jul 03, 2014
The.Big.Urban:

grin grin

See lies!! I defined the concept of feminism or at least, explained it how i see it;

https://www.nairaland.com/1114515/christian-chatbox-sticky/423#24371343
The discussion was well underway by then, Lb, wasn't it? Your definition was too tardy to count as the definition to work with. What you should have done was counter Tex's definition, not throw in one when the discussion may have not been going in your favor.
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by ihedinobi2: 4:04pm On Jul 03, 2014
Hi Mynd,

I emailed you a little after midnight. Did you get it?
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by TheBigUrban2: 4:17pm On Jul 03, 2014
ihedinobi2:
The discussion was well underway by then, Lb, wasn't it? Your definition was too tardy to count as the definition to work with. What you should have done was counter Tex's definition, not throw in one when the discussion may have not been going in your favor.

Keep quiet.

I cant imagine how you still have mouth to talk
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by texanomaly(f): 4:23pm On Jul 03, 2014
The.Big.Urban:

There is no one Nigerian culture. Pagan9ja can only talk about northern cultures
Someone like me would be only good at south-south cultures.

That's why I said..."and friends".
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by dagr8(m): 4:30pm On Jul 03, 2014
An0nimus:

Ok I'll be veeeery brief.

Husband died. Gruesome death.

So many rituals done. You know the whole trad rites & stuff; shave woman's hair, mourn husband in all black for a certain period, one that involved swearing an oath that she didn't have a hand in death of husband. etc

Husband's family started coming around & asking questions. A few heated arguments here & there.

Wife got a lawyer & fought back family interference.

Wife won.
It takes a woman with guts to fight back in cases like these. She has to have some form of support too.
Wow great.Thank God the law is there to protect the woman.I believe in-laws interference-thing will continue to fade away as we get more enlightened
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by dagr8(m): 4:33pm On Jul 03, 2014
texanomaly:

Of course the State laws does. Many Cultural/tribal laws do not even favour the women. In the case of the woman you mentioned, may be she doesn't want to hurt anybody or she is afraid. Fight for your Right. That is the slogan.
If it is in there culture that the in-laws own their brother's properties, the tribal elders will definitely go with the tradition.But we know these things are "faulty" and selfish.

Did the husband have a written will before his demise? Whose name is on the document of the house he built for her? I think this alone settles it all.
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by dagr8(m): 4:35pm On Jul 03, 2014
Sal C: Dagr8 my ribs o grin grin

Don Yesu don Maryamu ko? grin walahi ka iya abun dariya so sei. grin

Aman bana boye wa ba fa, kai ka seni mana aboki na grin mai ya sa kana amfani de "ki" idan kana yi muni magana
lol...your ribs should not break o
lol...thanks smiley
Ama ki na che ke ba namache ba ma na . Yanzu na gane wink
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by texanomaly(f): 4:50pm On Jul 03, 2014
Ceasar1: Ermmm.. *clears throat ** Is this still a Christian Chat Box?

My eyes must be seeing things.

woky: Now I knw what You mean.. grin

Of course it’s a Christian chatbox. Shouldn’t Christians discuss current events and issues that affect them? If Christians don’t make their voices heard on issues that could impact their very beliefs, those beliefs get trampled beneath the feet of those who oppose Christianity. I would venture to say that not talking about, or doing anything about these issues only gives more ammunition to Atheists and the like. We have to plant our feet and make a stand, or we will be trod upon. The rights of the religious are just as important as anyone else’s. We can’t burry our heads in the sand and pretend there is not a war raging all around us.

3 Likes

Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by An0nimus: 4:57pm On Jul 03, 2014
dagr8:
Of course the State laws does. Many Cultural/tribal laws do not even favour the women. In the case of the woman you mentioned, may be she doesn't want to hurt anybody or she is afraid. Fight for your Right. That is the slogan.
If it is in there culture that the in-laws own their brother's properties, the tribal elders will definitely go with the tradition.But we know these things are "faulty" and selfish.

Did the husband have a written will before his demise? Whose name is on the document of the house he built for her? I think this alone settles it all.

No written wills sure makes these things messier. I agree that state laws favour women more compared to tribal ones. Some cultures even 'hand down' the woman to another of the man's brothers. Fighting back even with state laws is never easy though. The woman could be threatened &/or attacked physically or spiritually. The things men will do to harvest in another man's farm.
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by texanomaly(f): 5:03pm On Jul 03, 2014
dagr8:

That is the problem. The husband put is brother as next of kin on the deed. He trusted his brother to take care of his wife and family. The woman went along, or perhaps didn't know. One thing I've noticed when a loved one dies...You find out who really loves and cares for you.

I have said this before...women need to be aware of all aspects of family properties and finances. She needs to make sure she knows the law and act accordingly. Husbands...if you love your wife and children make sure they are protected in case you pass. Discuss these things NOW before it is too late.
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by woky: 5:31pm On Jul 03, 2014
texanomaly:

Of course it’s a Christian chatbox. Shouldn’t Christians discuss current events and issues that affect them? If Christians don’t make their voices heard on issues that could impact their very beliefs, those beliefs get trampled beneath the feet of those who oppose Christianity. I would venture to say that not talking about, or doing anything about these issues only gives more ammunition to Atheists and the like. We have to plant our feet and make a stand, or we will be trod upon. The rights of the religious are just as important as anyone else’s. We can’t burry our heads in the sand and pretend there is not a war raging all around us.
Why this sermon??

Btw how are u smiley
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by texanomaly(f): 5:38pm On Jul 03, 2014
woky: Why this sermon??

Btw how are u smiley

grin I'm good. You?
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by TheBigUrban2: 5:50pm On Jul 03, 2014
texanomaly:

I liked your comment
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by Nobody: 5:52pm On Jul 03, 2014
woky: Why this sermon??

I was also about to ask the Same BRO.
The only thing missing in that sermon was a Bible verse. cheesy cheesy

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by texanomaly(f): 5:56pm On Jul 03, 2014
Ceasar1:

I was also about to ask the Same BRO.
The only thing missing in that sermon was a Bible verse. cheesy cheesy

tongue
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by Nobody: 5:57pm On Jul 03, 2014
Double Post!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by texanomaly(f): 5:57pm On Jul 03, 2014
The.Big.Urban:

I liked your comment

smiley
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by texanomaly(f): 5:57pm On Jul 03, 2014
Ceasar1:

I was also about to ask the Same BRO. smiley

As a matter of fact - The only thing missing was a Bible verse. cheesy cheesy

tongue tongue

(1) (2) (3) ... (430) (431) (432) (433) (434) (435) (436) ... (788) (Reply)

Higher Everyday — Dry Bones Shall Rise Again / Christ Embassy's New Social Website / Yookos.com – Christ Embassy’s Social Networking Site.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.