Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,483 members, 7,854,092 topics. Date: Saturday, 08 June 2024 at 10:39 AM

The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) - Religion (448) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) (845579 Views)

The Satanic Chatbox. Everybody Is Welcome / The Non-Christian Chatbox ( sticky ) / Christian's Chatbox Game/Party Night - May 4th@ 10pm Gmt -ALL CHRISTIANS INVITED (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (445) (446) (447) (448) (449) (450) (451) ... (788) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by ATMC(f): 6:18pm On Jul 13, 2014
TheBigUrban2:

grin grin grin

I can feel the nastiness.
mtscheeeeeeeew
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by SalC: 6:20pm On Jul 13, 2014
vickyO:
cheesy Dagr8t Dagr8t, lemme choose to believe you.
Yeah, let's wait to see if they'll blow our minds..

How has the quest to figure out Sal C's gender been? Any results?
Cause I'm certain she's female, any man that exhibits Sal C's personality is, huh, a rare man.
Lol VickyO hail

dagr8:
hahahahha, so you also curious to know...
Yea I have always known she is she..but she liked playing around with it.
Who is now playing around cheesy
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by SalC: 6:32pm On Jul 13, 2014
ATMC: mtscheeeeeeeew
Helloooo......smiley
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by TheBigUrban2: 6:42pm On Jul 13, 2014
Ishilove:
I ain't biting the bait, kiddo

oh...the irony
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by netotse(m): 6:43pm On Jul 13, 2014
An0nimus:

You know, I've always thought about this, how messed up our political sphere is and how we can "be the change we want to see" probably in an official position than sitting ducks and praying some miracle happens. But then again Its almost impossible for Christians to be true and still remain in politics. Its like one MUST compromise at some point. I just weak finally.

If I might ask, minding our business and being only kingdom minded disregarding earthly matters doesn't it make us look selfish?

Mennnn that your last phrase is somehow, what do you mean by minding your business and being only kingdom minded? It seems like playing Ostritch to me.

If as Christians we expect to show God to the worlld then we cannot hide from the same world. As far as politics goes, I'm off the opinion that since Joseph and Daniel were able to serve in Government then Christians dont have any excuse not to. Temptations occur in all professions and spheres, let's not make moreout of politics than there really is. Yes it probably will be difficult seeing that lying and a whole host of other sins seem to be part and parcel of the whole shindig but that's why we have the spirit of God, to teach us all things. Saying that all politicians must lie(or sin) is like saying that there is only one programming language you can use to build a website.

One more thing though, Ihedinobi2 mentioned something about trading your testimony for acclaim and acceptance, it's a real risk. You need to be able to tolerate(with Gods help) being disliked for doing the right thing as a Christian in politica, you are in the world but not of it. You have a different goal and a different master.

There is such a thing as being so heavenly minded that you're useless here on earth.
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by luvlycutebay(f): 6:48pm On Jul 13, 2014
www.am4christ.com is a xtian network socia.[url][/url]l community.....an interactivity web-portal where xtians all over the world can register and discuss major scriptural issues across the globe.....join us and let's do it together...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by ihedinobi2: 6:52pm On Jul 13, 2014
An0nimus:

You know, I've always thought about this, how messed up our political sphere is and how we can "be the change we want to see" probably in an official position than sitting ducks and praying some miracle happens. But then again Its almost impossible for Christians to be true and still remain in politics. Its like one MUST compromise at some point. I just weak finally.

If I might ask, minding our business and being only kingdom minded disregarding earthly matters doesn't it make us look selfish?

You remember Daniel, my brother? He was a highly placed public office holder. It is not impossible to serve the interests of the Kingdom in politics, it is just more difficult than it is elsewhere. If one were to decide to run for office, they know that they have to be appealing to voters and to financiers.

Financiers will have their strings and voters will have their expectations. It is hard to want people to like you enough to support you and vote for you while at the same time holding brief for Christ Whose ways aren't very popular with them. That is where it is so tough. Not to mention the high-powered intrigues that accompany power assuming you do manage to win. You will have to refuse association with many political plays that are normal to being in power because people by them consolidate their powerbase. You will have to deal with the things that are done in your name but without your knowledge.

Believe me, my brother, politics is like a patch of thorns to Christianity. It is not that one cannot triumph at all in it. But you must understand that any compromises will not be acceptable to God simply because 'yours is a special case'. You have to hold tight to your integrity and willingly prepare for whatever may be the fallout of refusing to play the game according to the rules of the prince of the power of the air. You have to never judge the success of your spiritual work by how people and the system respond to you there.

If one can handle all that, they should go. I personally considered this but I prefer enterprise and spiritual ministry. Those are where I'm called.
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by ihedinobi2: 6:53pm On Jul 13, 2014
TheBigUrban2:

lol...so if I learn basic computer programming from a 6 month course, I am a scientist.

Bill Gates no get degree

I embarassed for you.
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by TheBigUrban2: 6:55pm On Jul 13, 2014
ihedinobi2:

I embarassed for you.

^^
words of a debunked man wink
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by ihedinobi2: 7:07pm On Jul 13, 2014
netotse:

Mennnn that your last phrase is somehow, what do you mean by minding your business and being only kingdom minded? It seems like playing Ostritch to me.

If as Christians we expect to show God to the worlld then we cannot hide from the same world. As far as politics goes, I'm off the opinion that since Joseph and Daniel were able to serve in Government then Christians dont have any excuse not to. Temptations occur in all professions and spheres, let's not make moreout of politics than there really is. Yes it probably will be difficult seeing that lying and a whole host of other sins seem to be part and parcel of the whole shindig but that's why we have the spirit of God, to teach us all things. Saying that all politicians must lie(or sin) is like saying that there is only one programming language you can use to build a website.

One more thing though, Ihedinobi2 mentioned something about trading your testimony for acclaim and acceptance, it's a real risk. You need to be able to tolerate(with Gods help) being disliked for doing the right thing as a Christian in politica, you are in the world but not of it. You have a different goal and a different master.

There is such a thing as being so heavenly minded that you're useless here on earth.

@the last paragraph, it's a bit of an oxymoron to say that one can be so heavenly minded that they're useless on earth. If you have the interests of Heaven at heart, you will be very productive on earth as well. That's because Heaven is focused on earth. The current activity of the Heavens is the re-creation of the earth so if any man is truly interested in heaven and focused on heaven, they will leave a powerful mark on earth as a result.

It is the half-and-half approach, the lukewarm, lifestyle-mixing approach that results in uselessness, vanity, the failure to leave an impression on earth.

Still, some people do appear to be so spiritual that they care only about being squeaky clean and making heaven and thus accomplish next to nothing on earth. About them, the Bible says that they have a form of godliness and deny the power thereof. Heaven manifests itself on earth in power - a distinct change of character, a distinct change of circumstances etc. Heaven is not indifferent to earth.

And Heaven does not compromise to accommodate earth. That's the whole point of the re-creation: to conform earth to heaven once again.
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by ihedinobi2: 7:18pm On Jul 13, 2014
So there's this thing I'd like us to discuss. It may seem a little bit frivolous but it's a major paradigm considering that it affects the very foundation of human society - marriage itself.

At a meeting I attended last Sunday, I heard it described for the first time as closeting. That's another word for the perhaps more popular friendzoning.

Among us Christians, we do have a phenomenon that corresponds to the friendzoning thing. Back in the uni in those fellowship days, you'd find people pairing off in such a way that you assumed that there was something romantic in it. Sometimes there was, sometimes there wasn't. Whichever the case was, it resulted in any other potential mate deciding to keep their distance because, well, the brother or sister was considered taken which sometimes was not the case at all. This is often costly for some people. And perhaps sometimes a savior?

What do we think about it? How should relationship across genders be for us Christians? What do you think the Bible says about it? Is this one of those things that the Bible says nothing on?
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by ATMC(f): 7:29pm On Jul 13, 2014
SalC: Helloooo......smiley
sweetesttttiiismileysmiley...where have yhu beeeeeeen?
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by ihedinobi2: 7:31pm On Jul 13, 2014
HBG, hi. Tried to pm you. Don't know if it worked.
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by TheBigUrban2: 7:34pm On Jul 13, 2014
FrancisTony:

Why?

Okay! Let me guess, I saw a thread resurrected by Tpia5 when she'd a beef with Ishilove before Nairaland crash.

It was Lb's thread about you, Uju and Ishi during Obadaih77's regime.

Am I right? undecided

That reminds me- I did have some beef with UjSizzle at that time....

Anyhoo since one guy posted her pic here....I just felt sorry and forgot
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by Nobody: 7:44pm On Jul 13, 2014
TheBigUrban2:

That reminds me- I did have some beef with UjSizzle at that time....

Anyhoo since one guy posted her pic here ....I just felt sorry and forgot

Explain. Make me understand. undecided

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by TheBigUrban2: 7:49pm On Jul 13, 2014
FrancisTony:

Explain. Make me understand. undecided

If I remember correctly, Jackbauersballs posted her pic (or actually claimed it was her)

The girl in the pic looked like a house-girl
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by SalC: 7:54pm On Jul 13, 2014
ATMC: sweetesttttiiismileysmiley...where have yhu beeeeeeen?
I've been around dear, you are the one who has been as scarce as the american visa smiley hope you're cool? smiley
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by Nobody: 8:02pm On Jul 13, 2014
TheBigUrban2:

If I remember correctly, Jackbauersballs posted her pic (or actually claimed it was her)

The girl in the pic looked like a house-girl

LOL!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by ATMC(f): 8:21pm On Jul 13, 2014
SalC: I've been around dear, you are the one who has been as scarce as the american visa smiley hope you're cool? smiley
I'm cool...yhu know I like yhu a lot sheey?
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by ATMC(f): 8:23pm On Jul 13, 2014
FrancisTony:

LOL!
smh...francis, is this guy ur mentor?
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by Nobody: 8:33pm On Jul 13, 2014
ATMC: smh...francis, is this guy ur mentor?

God forbid. sad

Olorun maje. undecided

Chukwu ekwekwaghi ihe ojo o. angry

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by ATMC(f): 8:34pm On Jul 13, 2014
luvlycutebay...I just registered so what's up?
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by ATMC(f): 8:35pm On Jul 13, 2014
FrancisTony:

God forbid. sad

Olorun maje. undecided

Chukwu ekwekwaghi ihe ojo o. angry

Ha!
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by SalC: 8:35pm On Jul 13, 2014
ATMC: I'm cool...yhu know I like yhu a lot sheey?
Sure!...I cherish you a lot dear smiley

Btw where is ARareGem? It's been long....
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by luvlycutebay(f): 8:38pm On Jul 13, 2014
tks 4 dng so, we discuss biblical tins on d social community.
am gud and healthy nd you.

ATMC: luvlycutebay...I just registered so what's up?
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by ATMC(f): 8:39pm On Jul 13, 2014
I'm really feeling yippee! argentina will win this match!
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by ATMC(f): 8:40pm On Jul 13, 2014
I'm waiting for penalty ooo
Watching football is interesting especially with my younger bro! #followup now!!
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by Nobody: 8:41pm On Jul 13, 2014
ATMC: I'm really feeling yippee! argentina will win this match!

No way. TeamGERMANS tongue

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by ATMC(f): 8:45pm On Jul 13, 2014
luvlycutebay: tks 4 dng so, we discuss biblical tins on d social community.
am gud and healthy nd you.

I'm good. so if I want to log in nko?
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by ATMC(f): 8:46pm On Jul 13, 2014
FrancisTony:

No way. TeamGERMANS tongue
lol abeg time up jare, so my friends will come online biko...i'm missing them
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by luvlycutebay(f): 8:48pm On Jul 13, 2014
Login thru d launch portal, a box by ur right hand side.

ATMC: I'm good. so if I want to log in nko?
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by Nobody: 8:48pm On Jul 13, 2014
ATMC: lol abeg time up jare, so my friends will come online biko...i'm missing them

Yeah. This thread is becoming dry with Ihedinobi and co' argument thingy. I prefer chit-chatting. tongue grin

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (445) (446) (447) (448) (449) (450) (451) ... (788) (Reply)

Higher Everyday — Prayer and Praise / Christ Embassy's New Social Website / Yookos.com – Christ Embassy’s Social Networking Site.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.