Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,369 members, 7,853,652 topics. Date: Friday, 07 June 2024 at 08:59 PM

The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) - Religion (449) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) (845428 Views)

The Satanic Chatbox. Everybody Is Welcome / The Non-Christian Chatbox ( sticky ) / Christian's Chatbox Game/Party Night - May 4th@ 10pm Gmt -ALL CHRISTIANS INVITED (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (446) (447) (448) (449) (450) (451) (452) ... (788) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by ATMC(f): 8:52pm On Jul 13, 2014
FrancisTony:

Yeah. This thread is becoming dry with Ihedinobi and co' argument thingy. I prefer chit-chatting. tongue grin
I like it both ways...don't yhu learn a thing or two?
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by Nobody: 8:54pm On Jul 13, 2014
ATMC: I like it both ways...don't yhu learn a thing or two?

No. sad

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by ATMC(f): 9:06pm On Jul 13, 2014
FrancisTony:

No. sad
yhu r high!
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by netotse(m): 9:15pm On Jul 13, 2014
ihedinobi2:

@the last paragraph, it's a bit of an oxymoron to say that one can be so heavenly minded that they're useless on earth. If you have the interests of Heaven at heart, you will be very productive on earth as well. That's because Heaven is focused on earth. The current activity of the Heavens is the re-creation of the earth so if any man is truly interested in heaven and focused on heaven, they will leave a powerful mark on earth as a result.

It is the half-and-half approach, the lukewarm, lifestyle-mixing approach that results in uselessness, vanity, the failure to leave an impression on earth.

Still, some people do appear to be so spiritual that they care only about being squeaky clean and making heaven and thus accomplish next to nothing on earth. About them, the Bible says that they have a form of godliness and deny the power thereof. Heaven manifests itself on earth in power - a distinct change of character, a distinct change of circumstances etc. Heaven is not indifferent to earth.

And Heaven does not compromise to accommodate earth. That's the whole point of the re-creation: to conform earth to heaven once again.

you have a point, it's one of those phrases that sound good but cant withstand scrutiny.
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by Nobody: 9:18pm On Jul 13, 2014
ATMC: yhu r high!

LOL! I am seriously.

I hate reading epistles especially on my phone screen. undecided

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by maryini(f): 9:19pm On Jul 13, 2014
ihedinobi2: So there's this thing I'd like us to discuss. It may seem a little bit frivolous but it's a major paradigm considering that it affects the very foundation of human society - marriage itself.

At a meeting I attended last Sunday, I heard it described for the first time as closeting. That's another word for the perhaps more popular friendzoning.

Among us Christians, we do have a phenomenon that corresponds to the friendzoning thing. Back in the uni in those fellowship days, you'd find people pairing off in such a way that you assumed that there was something romantic in it. Sometimes there was, sometimes there wasn't. Whichever the case was, it resulted in any other potential mate deciding to keep their distance because, well, the brother or sister was considered taken which sometimes was not the case at all. This is often costly for some people. And perhaps sometimes a savior?

What do we think about it? How should relationship across genders be for us Christians? What do you think the Bible says about it? Is this one of those things that the Bible says nothing on?

How did it become costly for some people?

As long as either parties have not declared or expressed romantic interest, treat all with brotherly love and respect.
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by ATMC(f): 9:25pm On Jul 13, 2014
FrancisTony:

LOL! I am seriously.

I hate reading epistles especially on my phone screen. undecided
Are yhu for real? Me like it o...I get to learn a whole lot
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by netotse(m): 9:27pm On Jul 13, 2014
ihedinobi2: So there's this thing I'd like us to discuss. It may seem a little bit frivolous but it's a major paradigm considering that it affects the very foundation of human society - marriage itself.

At a meeting I attended last Sunday, I heard it described for the first time as closeting. That's another word for the perhaps more popular friendzoning.

Among us Christians, we do have a phenomenon that corresponds to the friendzoning thing. Back in the uni in those fellowship days, you'd find people pairing off in such a way that you assumed that there was something romantic in it. Sometimes there was, sometimes there wasn't. Whichever the case was, it resulted in any other potential mate deciding to keep their distance because, well, the brother or sister was considered taken which sometimes was not the case at all. This is often costly for some people. And perhaps sometimes a savior?

What do we think about it? How should relationship across genders be for us Christians? What do you think the Bible says about it? Is this one of those things that the Bible says nothing on?

Personally I think as long as it doesn't affect your relationship with Christ, or distract you from your responsibilities then it's all right. Closeness to people of the opposite sex is inevitable, how people wan take marry na? We should strive to ensure we enjoy the experience and at the same time only do things we can be proud of as Christians(yep, that's a major caveat). It's good to be able to think back on your past relationships(official or otherwise) and have no regrets. If a guy likes a girl, it's up to him to walk up to her and enquire is she's taken or not(he can also ask around if liver no reach). I dont see any point in blaming some other guy for your lack of action/liver...lol.

Why we even have a possible case of friendzoning is going on right on this thread sef: Brother dagr8 seems to currently be in the process of being preemptively friendzoned or something like that by Sister(?) salC grin (make una no mind me o...na joblessness cause am...lol)
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by Nobody: 9:33pm On Jul 13, 2014
ATMC: Are yhu for real? Me like it o...I get to learn a whole lot

undecided

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by dagr8(m): 9:34pm On Jul 13, 2014
netotse:

Why we even have a possible case of friendzoning is going on right on this thread sef: Brother dagr8 seems to currently be in the process of being preemptively friendzoned or something like that by Sister(?) salC grin (make una no mind me o...na joblessness cause am...lol)
lmao grin
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by dagr8(m): 9:36pm On Jul 13, 2014
SalC: Lol VickyO hail

Who is now playing around cheesy
netotse says you are in the process of friendzoning me, is it true? tongue
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by yetseyi(f): 9:40pm On Jul 13, 2014

[/b]Among us Christians, we do have a phenomenon that corresponds to the friendzoning thing. Back in the uni in those fellowship days, you'd find people pairing off in such a way that you assumed that there was something romantic in it. Sometimes there was, sometimes there wasn't. Whichever the case was, it resulted in any other potential mate deciding to keep their distance because, well, the brother or sister was considered taken which sometimes was not the case at all. This is often costly for some people. And perhaps sometimes a savior?[b]

In sch days we used to call it canopy ministry
Some christain brothers are so fond of this you just see them around a lady almost every time
They wont do, they wont allow the person that wants to do do it angry
Some people dont fear God.

Its simple if a brother is coming around you and he is not showing forth any official interest abeg just avoid moving with him too much. He can call ooo but all those walking you to the hostel, Holding hands,Sitting with u in class, going to fellowship together has to stop.
It just gives an impression that theres something romantic between you two while there isnt and it is always detrimental to the females embarassed
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by dagr8(m): 9:47pm On Jul 13, 2014
yetseyi:

Some christain brothers are so fond of this you just see them around a lady almost every time

Its simple if a brother is coming around you and he is not showing forth any official interest abeg just avoid moving with him too much. He can call ooo but all those walking you to the hostel, Holding hands,Sitting with u in class, going to fellowship together has to stop.
It just gives an impression that theres something romantic between you two while there isnt and it is always detrimental to the females embarassed

kai...you sabi that minstry? grin
God forgive me o
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by yetseyi(f): 9:55pm On Jul 13, 2014
dagr8:
kai...you sabi that minstry? grin
God forgive me o

ehen naaw especially all those fellowship brodas them too like dat thing angry
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by yetseyi(f): 9:59pm On Jul 13, 2014
I must add that a lot of our christain brothers are very selfish.
They hide under religion to do some evil things angry angry angry angry angry
you will think they are better people because they are religious, quite a number of times the opposite is the case.

be ye not moved by a big bible carrying, tounge speaking reboshing and scaboshing brother sometimes they are the most lethal of the pack.

1 Like

Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by ihedinobi2: 10:02pm On Jul 13, 2014
maryini:

How did it become costly for some people?

As long as either parties have not declared or expressed romantic interest, treat all with brotherly love and respect.

@your question: if someone closets you, they prevent you from giving other people a real chance at romance. The longer it carries on, the more opportunities you pass up. By the time marriage becomes a pressing need, this person that closeted you may have moved on but you will have lost really good opportunities and wasted a lot of your time.

@advice: that's really good advice. As long as you keep the door open to other people, you're not closeted.
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by ihedinobi2: 10:17pm On Jul 13, 2014
netotse:

Personally I think as long as it doesn't affect your relationship with Christ, or distract you from your responsibilities then it's all right. Closeness to people of the opposite sex is inevitable, how people wan take marry na? We should strive to ensure we enjoy the experience and at the same time only do things we can be proud of as Christians(yep, that's a major caveat). It's good to be able to think back on your past relationships(official or otherwise) and have no regrets. If a guy likes a girl, it's up to him to walk up to her and enquire is she's taken or not(he can also ask around if liver no reach). I dont see any point in blaming some other guy for your lack of action/liver...lol.

I agree. If it does not mess with your spiritual equilibrium or distract you from your responsibilities, keeping friendships across genders can be beneficial. If it does, it's a very bad idea to get involved.

I don't think closeness is inevitable. And I don't think it is absolutely necessary in order to get married. I'm one of those people who believe that emotions are very poor leaders. I advocate being friendly and a gentleman but to take on close friendships is a very risky thing. The easier it is for you to open up to someone the more likely you will eventually start feeling things or you become a 'user'.
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by ihedinobi2: 10:20pm On Jul 13, 2014
yetseyi:

True. I was guilty once upon a time although I plain didn't know it at the time. In fact, tonight was the first time it occured to me that that was what I was doing.

I think marriage is serious enough business for people to be a little more careful of these things.
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by ATMC(f): 10:22pm On Jul 13, 2014
FrancisTony:

undecided
ehe!
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by dagr8(m): 10:22pm On Jul 13, 2014
Ok...since those guys have refuse to score, let us come and pitch tent here.

Yetseyi mentioned something canopy ministry, is so common.
That stuff looks like one harmless "just friends" friendship...But I had to sit down and reflect on it when you hear people mistakenly refer to your friend as your fiancee or questions repeatedly come asking you if you are going out with that person.
Unless it is deliberate, I don't think is something to be encouraged among Christians.
If opposite sex have to be close, it should be well defined and limits set.
If people begin to assume that something romantic is happening between you then most likely you guys have cross the limit.
Unfortunately the ladies are at disadvantage...someone else may be eyeing her and at the same time he is feeling bad that she's taken not knowing she is "free" like freetown .
Although,ladies too can be funny when it comes to stuffs, I have a real experince like that.
Friendship can lead to solid relationships but if the brother is not saying anything for long..place him where he belongs(A brother in the Lord) and the limits be set as well

Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by dagr8(m): 10:27pm On Jul 13, 2014
At last haba
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by ATMC(f): 10:29pm On Jul 13, 2014
@yetseyi lol...Omo yhu are 'hotting' tonight osmiley No give room for canopy ministry...Its not ur calling! buh I shaa like the term canopy...mmmmhhh#sings Under the canopy...cano cano w.d.g hehehe
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by netotse(m): 10:34pm On Jul 13, 2014
ihedinobi2:

I agree. If it does not mess with your spiritual equilibrium or distract you from your responsibilities, keeping friendships across genders can be beneficial. If it does, it's a very bad idea to get involved.

I don't think closeness is inevitable. And I don't think it is absolutely necessary in order to get married. I'm one of those people who believe that emotions are very poor leaders. I advocate being friendly and a gentleman but to take on close friendships is a very risky thing. The easier it is for you to open up to someone the more likely you will eventually start feeling things or you become a 'user'.

When you genuinely enjoy some peoples company(it could be due to the good conversations or any other appropriate reasons) there will be a tendency for you to seek them out, that's what I mean by inevitable. Closeness has degrees and shades though, I'm not in support of calling everyday and spending all your time and money on members of the opposite sex when there is no romantic interest at stake.

A friend I got close to in my final year(I dont know who did canopy ministry for who...lol grin) said a lot of Christian relationships end with parties getting hurt because Christians tend to put in more effort into bonding since the typically quickest method(sex) is off-limits. I think that's something to be careful of, we as Christians need to guard our hearts diligently.
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by Nobody: 10:40pm On Jul 13, 2014
ATMC: ehe!

Up Germans tongue

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by ATMC(f): 10:43pm On Jul 13, 2014
FrancisTony:
Up Germans tongue
yeah up #thewinningteamsmiley
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by ATMC(f): 10:45pm On Jul 13, 2014
SalC: Sure!...I cherish you a lot dear smiley

Btw where is ARareGem? It's been long....
Araregem! Adon 'flash' her...she'll see the missed call...
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by yetseyi(f): 10:46pm On Jul 13, 2014
dagr8: Ok...since those guys have refuse to score, let us come and pitch tent here.
Yetseyi mentioned something canopy ministry, is so common.
That stuff looks like one harmless "just friends" friendship...But I had to sit down and reflect on it when you hear people mistakenly refer to your friend as your fiancee or questions repeatedly come asking you if you are going out with that person.
Unless it is deliberate, I don't think is something to be encouraged among Christians.
If opposite sex have to be close, it should be well defined and limits set.
If people begin to assume that something romantic is happening between you then most likely you guys have cross the limit.
Unfortunately the ladies are at disadvantage...someone else may be eyeing her and at the same time he is feeling bad that she's taken not knowing she is "free" like freetown .
Although,ladies too can be funny when it comes to stuffs, I have a real experince like that.
Friendship can lead to solid relationships but if the brother is not saying anything for long..place him where he belongs(A brother in the Lord) and the limits be set as well

Theres nothing wrong with having a friend of the opposite sex just ensure he s nt covering you from other potential suitors

ATMC:
@yetseyi lol...Omo yhu are 'hotting' tonight osmiley No give room for canopy ministry...Its not ur calling! buh I shaa like the term canopy...mmmmhhh#sings Under the canopy...cano cano w.d.g hehehe

ihedinobi2:

True. I was guilty once upon a time although I plain didn't know it at the time. In fact, tonight was the first time it occured to me that that was what I was doing.

I think marriage is serious enough business for people to be a little more careful of these things.

flee from every appearance of canopy ministry cheesy
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by ATMC(f): 10:50pm On Jul 13, 2014
yetseyi:

flee from every appearance of canopy ministry cheesy
okay...I will flee but to what ministry sweerie?
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by Nobody: 10:50pm On Jul 13, 2014
ATMC: yeah up #thewinningteamsmiley

Stop porting jor. angry

Btw, tomorrow is my birthday. tongue

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by ATMC(f): 10:50pm On Jul 13, 2014
Sleep has comes.
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by ATMC(f): 10:53pm On Jul 13, 2014
FrancisTony:

Stop porting jor. angry

Btw, tomorrow is my birthday. tongue
really? how we go do am? I mean my cake and wine not zobo o, eh?
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by An0nimus: 10:56pm On Jul 13, 2014
ATMC: I'm really feeling yippee! argentina will win this match!

tongue

(1) (2) (3) ... (446) (447) (448) (449) (450) (451) (452) ... (788) (Reply)

Higher Everyday — Prayer and Praise / Christ Embassy's New Social Website / Yookos.com – Christ Embassy’s Social Networking Site.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.