Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,745 members, 7,820,571 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:20 PM

The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) - Religion (627) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) (834710 Views)

The Satanic Chatbox. Everybody Is Welcome / The Non-Christian Chatbox ( sticky ) / Christian's Chatbox Game/Party Night - May 4th@ 10pm Gmt -ALL CHRISTIANS INVITED (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (624) (625) (626) (627) (628) (629) (630) ... (787) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by Pelumy2652(m): 2:45pm On Oct 21, 2017
When I retire to bed every evening ruminating over life, I discovered that:

Sometimes, to succeed in life you need ENEMIES.... Yes!!!

You need people who will mock you, so that you can run to God.

You need people who will try to intimidate you, so that you can be courageous.

You need people who will say "NO" so that you can learn how to be independent...I mean how to do it yourself.

You need people who will disappoint you so that you can put all your trust in God alone.

You need people who will work towards you loosing that job, so that you can start your own big business.

You need people who will sell your 'Joseph' so that 'you' can get to Egypt and be a Prime Minister in a strange land of captivity.

You need a cruel landlord, so that you won't be too comfortable in someone else's house, then you can build your own house on time.

But sometimes, when we are disappointed, we feel very bad and we tend to remain on that spot. Not knowing that the end-point of disappointment is the beginning of your accomplishments.

Understand this, "that every disappointment you once had came with a blessing!" However, it is not everyone that partakes in this blessing that I'm talking about.

You cannot see a new OPEN door while you are still putting all your attention, time and energy in trying to force the closed one to open.

And again I say, "No disappointment can ever come without an attached blessing!"

So, when the disappointment come, thank God for it and tell "HIM" to open your eyes to see the new blessing that HE has for you!

Disappointment is PHASE 1 while accomplishment is PHASE 2. I doubt if one can jump the protocols.

That is why it is called BREAKTHROUGH Something must BREAK so that you can go THROUGH!

Encourage someone today....you are lifted.
Please don't thank me for this post but bless others by sharing this.
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by Julivas(m): 7:33pm On Oct 21, 2017
OPEN HEAVENS BY PST. ENOCH .A. ADEBOYE

SUNDAY 22ND OCTOBER, 2017

FULFIL YOUR CALLING

MEMORISE:
But watch thou in all things, endure afflictions, do the work of an evangelist, make full proof of thy ministry.
2 Timothy 4:5

READ:
Romans 12:6-18

BIBLE IN ONE YEAR:
1 Thessalonians 1-5 & Daniel 11:7-19

Yesterday, we discussed knowing and staying within your calling. One of the reasons why it is important for you to know and stay within your calling is to fulfill the purpose of your calling. Fulfilling your calling is therefore premised on you knowing and staying with your calling. We are instructed by the Lord to ensure the profitable use of the gifts given to us by the Holy Spirit - though not without caution that it should be done in faith. The bedrock of the use of the gifts the Holy Spirit gives and the offices our Lord Jesus Christ calls us into is love. This is why Paul, in 1 Corinthians 12:31, as a prologue to his exposition on love, said:
“But covet earnestly the best gifts: and yet shew I unto you a more excellent way.”
Without love, you cannot adequately fulfill your calling. Through the story of Jonah who was commissioned as a prophet to warn a perishing nation, we learn that without love, there is no way anyone can fulfill his or her calling. The office of the prophet is a desirable office among the fivefold offices in the Church (Ephesians 4:11). This was the office Jonah was called into. However, a lack of love for perishing souls almost made him to lose that office and his life (Jonah 1:1-15). Beloved, into what office have you been called? Are you fulfilling your calling? If not, do you know the cause? May be it is because your heart is lacking in love. 1 Corinthians 13:2 says:
“And though I have the gift of prophecy, and understand all mysteries, and all knowledge; and though I have all faith, so that I could remove mountains, and have not charity, I am nothing.”
It is amazing to read that Jonah was angry because God decided to forgive the people of Nineveh after he had been forced to warn them to repent. Jonah 3:10-4:1 says,
“And God saw their works, that they turned from their evil way; and God repented of the evil, that he had said that he would do unto them; and he did it not. But it displeased Jonah exceedingly, and he was very angry.”
You cannot fulfill your calling if you don’t have love to operate it. Your gifts would just be monumental but without value. It takes love to be a successful administrator to say the least. It takes love to successfully do the work of an evangelist or teacher. Without love, you may own all the goods in the world and people dying of starvation will mean nothing to you. A pastor without love would just be milking the sheep to fatten himself up for perdition. Love is the excellent way of fulfilling your calling. Release your heart to love, and stay away from hate.

PRAYER POINT:
Father, please fill my heart with compassion and love, so that I may fulfill my calling in Jesus’ Name.

HYMN 14:
1. Take my life and let it be
Consecrated, Lord, to Thee.
Take my moments and my days,
Let them flow in endless praise.

2. Take my hands and let them move
At the impulse of Thy love.
Take my feet and let them be
Swift and beautiful for Thee.

3. Take my voice and let me sing,
Always, only for my King.
Take my lips and let them be
Filled with messages from Thee.

4. Take my silver and my gold,
Not a mite would I withhold.
Take my intellect and use
Every pow’r as Thou shalt choose.

5. Take my will and make it Thine,
It shall be no longer mine.
Take my heart, it is Thine own,
It shall be Thy royal throne.

6. Take my love, my Lord, I pour
At Thy feet its treasure store.
Take myself and I will be
Ever, only, all for Thee.
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by Pelumy2652(m): 8:06pm On Oct 21, 2017
FOOD 4⃣ THOUGHT

1⃣.�No matter how big and strong you are, you will not carry yourself to your Grave .
⭕Be Humble⭕

2⃣.�No matter how tall you are, you can never see tomorrow.
⭕Be Prayerful⭕

3⃣.�No matter how Light Skinned you are, you will always need light in Darkness.
⭕Ask God⭕

4⃣.�No matter how Rich and many Cars you have, you will always Walk to Bed.
⭕Thank God⭕

Take Life Easy, Life is short.

WHAT A LIFE WE LIVE!

Have you taken note of these:
CO-INCIDENCE OF LIFE?

1. CHURCH has 6⃣ letters so does MOSQUE.

2. BIBLE has 5⃣ letters so does QURAN.

3. LIFE has 4⃣ letters so does DEAD.

4. HATE has 4⃣ letters, so does LOVE.

5. ENEMIES has 7⃣ letters, so does FRIENDS.

6. LYING has 5⃣ letters, so does TRUTH.

7. HURT has 4⃣ letters, so does HEAL.

8. NEGATIVE has 8⃣ letters, so does POSITIVE.

9. FAILURE has 7⃣ letters, so does SUCCESS.

10. BELOW has 5⃣ letters, so does ABOVE.

11. CRY has 3⃣ letters so does JOY.

12. ANGER has 5⃣ letters, so does HAPPY.

13. RIGHT has 5⃣ letters, so does WRONG.

14. RICH has 4⃣ letters, so does POOR.

15. FAIL has 4⃣ letters, so does PASS.

16. KNOWLEDGE has 9⃣ letters, so does IGNORANCE.

Are they all by Coincidence? We should choose wisely, this means LIFE is like a double-edged sword.
If you think it is your alarm clock that woke you up this morning, try putting it beside a dead body and you will realise that it is the grace of God that woke you up. If you are grateful to God, forward this to all your friends to inform them that it is JUST BY THE GRACE OF GOD that we are alive.

NOTE: You may CHOOSE not to share, but imagine what IF I ALSO CHOOSE NOT...!!!
***CHOOSE***
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by Pelumy2652(m): 8:07pm On Oct 21, 2017
Copied post
------------------
WHO IS A REAL MAN
• A real man is not a person who can impregnate a woman; many guys can also impregnate a woman, even a 17 year old boy can impregnate a woman but that does not make him a real man.
• A real man is not a person who is good in bed. Any idiot can be good in bed.
• A real man is not a person who beats his wife/girlfriend. Infact it is only idiots that beat their women.
• A real man is not a person that has lot of girlfriends, lovers or sex mates.
• A real man is a person who tolerates his woman, a real man is a person who controls his anger.
• A real man is the person who shows real care, love and stay faithful to his woman, a real man respects and values his woman and also gives her the attention.
• A real man is the person who knows how to handle the crises and problems in his relationship.
• A real man is God fearing and hardworking.
• A real man can endure, persevere and be patient.
• A real man can overlook the bad
behaviours of his woman, a real man is a person who can change his woman.
Real men make their women happy.
Therefore ladies, Look beyond just sex and money and go for real love, happiness and peace of mind.

1 Like

Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by Pelumy2652(m): 8:32pm On Oct 21, 2017
#WordDigest.
When Jesus walked upon the face of the earth, He acted as one who was not from this world and He also taught us to live with that mentality – that we are not of this world, that although we are in the world we are not of the world, so He gave us the world to conquer and that was why He said “go ye into all nations of the world” so we are been sent to the world to conquer the world, to have dominion over it and not to be of the world. Today’s message will be short and precise because it has only one theme that we are not of this world. And as Christians we are born of God into the kingdom of God and so we are expected to react to the world and life from the understanding that we are from a higher kingdom with a higher value system. Listen, we must realize that a boat is meant to move on water and so there is no problem or trouble in that but when water begin to enter into the boat then there is trouble and panicking because the boat will begin to sink, so also as believers, we are meant to administrate, dominate and rule over the world but when the world finds its way into a believer then there is trouble. When Jesus was leaving the earth, He left behind just eleven apostles who had been with Him for the three and half years He was in ministry and just before He ascended He commanded them not to go be with the world but to go into the world to teach all nations and baptizing them in the name of the Father, the son and in the name of Holy Spirit and He emphasized in the next verse that they should teach all nations what He has commanded them – what He was simply saying to the disciples was that they should go and replicate the systems of His kingdom in all nations by teaching them His commands (His ways) and by so doing all the nation of the earth will be the Lord’s colony, and these disciples did not fail because not too long after they were baptized with the Holy Ghost in Act chapter 3, the bible recorded that people began to describe them as the ones who have turn the world the upside down in Act 17 :6, in other words they have become “world changers”. So we are supposed to be world changers not world conformist because we are not of this world.
Scriptural Reference: (Act 17:6): But when they did not find them, they dragged Jason and some brethren to the rulers of the city, crying out, “These who have turned the world upside down have come here too.
Key Point: We are not to conform to the established behavior or patterns of this world rather we have an assignment to colonize the world for Christ.

1 Like

Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by TRichumble: 3:39am On Oct 22, 2017
Hi. I am new here. I like to discuss God's word, the Bible. I believe the Bible is the only Authoritative book that teaches us how to be pleasing to God. And, if we truly respect and abide by the teachings of the Bible, we can then be truly united. True unity is only possible when we obey God!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by Pelumy2652(m): 11:28am On Oct 22, 2017
Acts 10:15 says: NOTHING IS UNCLEAN IF GOD DECLARES IT TO BE CLEAN. (Passion Translation) I once heard somebody use something similar: If you wore a black shirt and I would say “it is white” I am lying. But if you wore a black shirt and GOD says, “it is white”, IT TURNS WHITE. That is why God cannot lie. He has the power to do so. How wonderful. What a blessing. We are what God declares us to be. “I have called you by my name, YOU ARE MINE.” Does that thrill you? God bless and please share. REINHARD BONNKE
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by Julivas(m): 8:01pm On Oct 22, 2017
OPEN HEAVENS BY PST. ENOCH.A.ADEBOYE

MONDAY 23RD OCTOBER, 2017

HIS THOUGHTS TOWARDS YOU

MEMORISE:
For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, saith the Lord. Isaiah 55:8

READ:
Isaiah 55:8 -13

BIBLE IN ONE YEAR:
2 Thessalonians 1-3,1 Timothy 1-2 & Daniel 11:20-35

The Almighty God has special promises for His children. These promises are great and their operation is not dependent on the condition of the economy of the nations where His children are located. When the Lord says, “it is well with you”, He is not saying this because of the things around you. He is saying so because of the things He is capable of doing. You can therefore rest assured, because there is no impossibility with Him. His thoughts and promises towards you are great and perfect, but there are keys required to unlock them. One of such keys is found in Psalm 37:37;
“Mark the perfect man, and behold the upright: for the end of that man is peace.”
Righteousness is the key that ensures the enjoyment of God’s blessings in this world. The economy may be hard against other people of the land, but in the midst of the instability, God is saying it shall be well with the righteous. Isaiah 3:10 says,
“Say ye to the righteous, that it shall be well with him: for they shall eat the fruit of their doings.”
The Almighty God knows how to make you experience peace in the midst of crisis. He knows how to lift you up when others are being cast down. He knows how to settle you while others are lamenting. This is because His thoughts towards you are not a function of the economic indices of your country. In hard times, there are lots of compromises made in business and also in practical Christian living, but the eyes of the Lord are fixed on us all the time and He is waiting to reward us according to our works. We must ensure that our stand for God does not change even in hard economic times. We must remain righteous in season and out of season. Others may compromise righteousness for the sake of gain, but you must remember the promises of God concerning your life. If Joseph had compromised his stance when the wife of his boss seductively approached him, he would not have emerged a deliverer in Egypt. There are those who put their trust in men and connections, but those who understand the greatness of God will follow God’s rules for their lives, because they know they cannot get anything better than what God has in store for them. No matter what and who they have access to, the righteous do not trust in themselves or man. Their trust is in the Name of the Lord. Everything that the branch needs is supplied by the Vine. The Vine has the roots that bring all the water and nourishment that the branch needs. This is why Philippians 4:19 says,
“But my God shall supply all your need according to his riches in glory by Christ Jesus.”
Therefore, trust in God’s promises and hold on to Him tenaciously. He will not fail.

KEY POINT:
Those who follow God are always partakers of good things.

HYMN 4:
1 Through the love of God our Saviour,
All will be well;
Free and changeless is His favour,
All, all is well.
Precious is the blood that healed us,
Perfect is the grace that sealed us,
Strong the hand stretched forth to shield us,
All must be well.

2 Though we pass through tribulation,
All will be well.
Ours is such a full salvation,
All, all is well.
Happy still in God confiding;
Fruitful if in Christ abiding;
Steadfast through the Spirit's guiding:
All must be well.

3 We expect a bright tomorrow;
All will be well.
Faith can sing through days of sorrow,
All, all is well.
On our Father's love relying,
Jesus every need supplying;
Or in living or in dying;
All must be well.
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by Julivas(m): 8:02pm On Oct 22, 2017
TRichumble:
Hi. I am new here. I like to discuss God's word, the Bible. I believe the Bible is the only Authoritative book that teaches us how to be pleasing to God. And, if we truly respect and abide by the teachings of the Bible, we can then be truly united. True unity is only possible when we obey God!
You are highly welcome sir.
We will like to be seeing your presence here constant sir
Thanks
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by Nobody: 8:13pm On Oct 22, 2017
“Adeboye Creating Business Centers, Not Churches” – Femi Falana (Video)

Human Rights Activist, Femi Falana has disclosed in a conference that the General Overseer of the Redeemed Christian Church of God, Pastor E.A. Adeboye is creating business centres and not churches.

Singer, Falz‘s father stated this in a conference about the late Fela Anikulapo Kuti.

Watch the Video: http://www.nigerianslifestyle.com/2017/10/adeboye-creating-business-centers-not.html?m=0

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by Princesslomo: 10:03pm On Oct 22, 2017

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by Uhomanbulus110(f): 2:21pm On Oct 23, 2017
I hope u r also a goodchristaina guy too

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by Julivas(m): 7:57pm On Oct 23, 2017

TUESDAY 24TH OCTOBER, 2017

THERE IS HOPE FOR YOU.

MEMORISE:
For his anger endureth but a moment; in his favor is life: weeping may endure for a night, but joy cometh in the morning. Psalm 30:5

READ:
Job 1:13-19; Job 42:12-13

BIBLE IN ONE YEAR:
1Timothy 3-6 & Daniel 11:36-45

If you will ever achieve anything tangible in life, you need faith that hinges on God and that believes in possibilities. If our God could frame the universe through His word, then there is no situation or circumstance beyond His control (Hebrews 11:3). There is no situation in your life that He cannot reverse. He can bring hope to your life irrespective of the long-standing problems in it. In John 5:1-8, we see the story of a man at the pool of Bethesda, who had been in the same sad condition for 38 years. He claimed that the reason why he had not been made whole was because he had no man to assist him; but by the time the Lord Jesus came on the scene, his problems ceased without the help of any man. Irrespective of the many years of rejection you have suffered, the Almighty God is attending to your situation right now in Jesus’ Name. There are families that have lost so many things. They have been through all sorts of problems. In Genesis 18:1-10, we have the account of Abraham and Sarah, who had waited several years for the fulfillment of God’s promise. The angels of God finally visited them and assured them that their long awaited blessing was on the way. Despite all the odds stacked against them physiologically, God’s purpose was established in their lives. I speak the word of God to every family going through pains: the Almighty God will divinely visit you and settle you in Jesus’ Name.
There are some people in business who are already planning to close down their offices and outlets because of the situation of things. I want you to know that your moment of refreshing is on the way. Don’t quit, because the Almighty God will restore to you all that you have lost. Today’s Bible reading narrates how Job lost everything he had, from his children to his investments. However, the scripture tells us that the Almighty God arose and blessed his latter end than his beginning (Job 42:12). I want to assure you that irrespective of how harsh the economic climate is, the Almighty God will sort you out in Jesus’ Name. Also, there is hope for a nation. A closer look at all that is going on around the world would make anyone feel very uncomfortable. In 2 Kings 6:24-7:1, the economy of Samaria was very bad due to a siege. All the technocrats had tried all they could but things got out of hand. At the peak of this adverse situation, the man of God prophesied that things would change suddenly. Those who understand global economic indices said that this was impossible. The Almighty God however performed His word as He had spoken it. I announce to you that it is about to rain upon your life, family, career, business and nation in Jesus’ Name. God will intervene and put an end to your problems in Jesus’ Name.

KEY POINT:
Father, let my joy begin now.

HYMN 1:
1. My faith looks up to Thee,
Thou Lamb of Calvary,
Saviour divine!
Now hear me while I pray,
Take all my guilt away,
Oh, let me from this day
Be wholly Thine!

2. May Thy rich grace impart
Strength to my fainting heart,
My zeal inspire!
As Thou hast died for me,
Oh, may my love to Thee
Pure, warm, and changeless be,
A living fire!

3. While life’s dark maze I tread,
And griefs around me spread,
Be Thou my guide;
Bid darkness turn to day,
Wipe sorrow’s tears away,
Nor let me ever stray
From Thee aside.

4. When ends life’s transient dream,
When death’s cold, sullen stream
Shall o’er me roll;
Blest Saviour, then in love,
Fear and distrust remove;
Oh, bear me safe above,
A ransomed soul!
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by IamSINZ(m): 10:11pm On Oct 23, 2017
Madam oyindidi, I beg you in the name of everything you hold sacred, keep me out of all the nonsense you and the bastard who told you that I betrayed you discussed. I'm sure you must have noticed that I'm barely ever on NL these days and I frankly don't care who's beans is being burnt. Even you can attest to the fact that I hate talking about nairalanders whenever we talk and to be honest, its the reason I hardly return your missed calls. We don't talk, so I wonder what gives you and the buffoon who tried to split us the impression that I'd break a sweat if you block me? You of all people should know better!

And one more thing, madam: let's assume that you actually heard something you confided in me elsewhere... Please search yourself to find out who else you must've told because frankly speaking, your mouth runs faster than a leaky faucet..... And you talk too damn much.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by Julivas(m): 7:22pm On Oct 24, 2017

WEDNESDAY 25TH OCTOBER, 2017

TOUCH NOT MY ANNOINTED.

MEMORISE:
Saying, Touch not mine anointed, and do my prophets no harm

Psalm 105:15

READ:
2 Kings 1:1-15

BIBLE IN ONE YEAR:
2 Timothy 1-4 & Daniel 12

Although the anointing in the life of the anointed can have positive impact on people’s lives , it can also take actions which have adverse effects against those who abuse the anointed or treat him or her spitefully. The Holy Spirit therefore gave us the warning in today’s memory verse to avoid being on the receiving end of such grave actions. This reminds me of the sad story of a pastor who tried to humiliate my father-in-the-Lord, Pastor Josiah Akindayomi, during his lifetime. Sadly, this fellow became leprous and died. This is similar to the tragic story in today’s Bible reading. Ahaziah, the king of Samaria, tried to lay hands on Elijah, God’s anointed prophet. What was the prophet’s crime? God sent Elijah to point out to him that it was wrong for him to have sent emissaries to consult a strange god for his healing, in defiance of God’s law (Deuteronomy 18:10-11). God’s warning, if heeded, normally brings forgiveness and restoration, as demonstrated in Jonah 3:10, when the people of Nineveh repented of their sins. Unfortunately, instead of crying to the merciful God of Israel, the king ordered the prophet’s arrest. Is this the right response to a message of warning from God? Before you respond to this, think of how you also feel whenever your pastor hands down a strong sermon to you in an effort to make you repent and be delivered from both present and eternal damnation. The story of King Ahaziah’s foolish actions ends in tragedy, not only for him but also for the soldiers he sent to arrest the anointed of God.
There are many lessons to learn and pray about from this story. First and foremost, we must pray for our bad leaders, because when God’s judgment comes, even the innocent may not escape the outcome. Secondly, children of God must always know whether any assignment they are given is of God or of the devil, and they should ask God for wisdom to go about it. I remember some policemen who wanted to extort money from my entourage some years ago. The moment I told their leader, “There is always a last assignment for every individual on earth”, he understood and let us go. If he had not repented, that would have been his last outing, because it was not I who spoke but the Holy Spirit. Thirdly, ministers of God should always live above board so that God’s anointing can fight on their behalf. Elijah said, “if I be a man of God...”. As a pastor, evangelist or prophet, can you confidently say you are a man of God? Have you burnt your spiritual fingers in the fire of sin and covered it up as if nothing happened? If you are in such a situation, repent today so that the anointing can resume its defense of your life. For those fond of ridiculing the anointed man of God, be careful, so that you don’t experience the adverse effects of the anointing. May the peace of God be with you.

ACTION POINT:
If you’ve spitefully treated the anointed of God, repent and pray for forgiveness and healing.

HYMN 15:
1. Oh, spread the tidings ’round, wherever man is found,
Wherever human hearts and human woes abound;
Let every Christian tongue proclaim the joyful sound:
The Comforter has come!

Refrain:
The Comforter has come, the Comforter has come!
The Holy Ghost from Heav’n, the Father’s promise giv’n;
Oh, spread the tidings ’round, wherever man is found—
The Comforter has come!

2. The long, long night is past, the morning breaks at last,
And hushed the dreadful wail and fury of the blast,
As o’er the golden hills the day advances fast!
The Comforter has come!
Refrain:

3. Lo, the great King of kings, with healing in His wings,
To every captive soul a full deliv’rance brings;
And through the vacant cells the song of triumph rings;
The Comforter has come!
Refrain:

4. O boundless love divine! How shall this tongue of mine
To wond’ring mortals tell the matchless grace divine—
That I, a child of hell, should in His image shine!
The Comforter has come!
Refrain:

5. Sing till the echoes fly above the vaulted sky,
And all the saints above to all below reply,
In strains of endless love, the song that ne’er will die:
The Comforter has come!
Refrain:
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by SexXation: 3:52am On Oct 25, 2017
Hey guys, make out the time to read this book, it's a good book that teaches you all you need to know about a guilt-free love. https://www.amazon.com/dp/1549950681

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by Patokeikem: 6:04pm On Oct 25, 2017
A Miracle Is A Shift In Thinking From Fear To Love.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by Julivas(m): 6:34pm On Oct 25, 2017

THURSDAY 26TH OCTOBER, 2017

AS YOU LAY YOUR BED!

MEMORISE:
The husbandman that laboureth must be first partaker of the fruits.
2 Timothy 2:6

READ:
Proverb 27:23-27

BIBLE IN ONE YEAR:
Titus 1-3, Philemon 1 & Hosea 1

Insincerity is a terrible character flaw that has led to the undoing of different generations of mankind. Take for instance Cain. He had no reason whatsoever not to have known that it was the nature and attitude of his sacrifice that made the Righteous God reject his offering. Furthermore, there was no justifiable reason whatsoever for him to have gone ahead to murder his brother, after he had been told that his wicked intentions were known to the Omniscient God. However, because he was not sincere to himself, he did what he did and he forever lived with its consequences. One dimension of the insincerity of men is manifested when people speak or work against paying a labourer his due wages. If you are one of such people, please know that this character is not a part of God’s nature and His word is against it. In 1 Timothy 5:18, God said:
“...Thou shalt not muzzle the ox that treadeth out the corn. And, The labourer is worthy of his reward.”
Some people envy hardworking colleagues who are being promoted. As it is generally assumed, promotion comes with its responsibilities as well as attendant goodies and benefits. More often than not, people refuse to see the added responsibilities of a hardworking leader; they only see his or her derivable benefits. This attitude is not godly.
There are some valuable lessons on labour and reward which I would like to point out to you today. First, I want you to know that since God has said that He who does not work should not eat, the righteousness of God makes it imperative that he who works must eat, (2 Thessalonians 3:10, 1 Timothy 5:18). Secondly, as you lay your bed, so will you lie on it. The more diligent you are in business, the more comfortable you will be after fulfilling all godly conditions. Thirdly, when you are diligent in your vocation, business or job, you will be promoted to lead, because Proverbs 12:24 says,
“The hand of the diligent shall bear rule: but the slothful shall be under tribute.”
The fourth lesson I want you to note is that riches are not forever. However, they can endure on one condition: if you continue to be diligent at your business. The fifth lesson is that God must be factored into whatever you do. Remember that except the Lord builds the house, they labor in vain that build it (Psalms 127:7). This consideration has to do with being faithful in paying tithes, offering, vows and the first fruits of your increase (Malachi 3:10, Psalm 50:14, Proverb 3:9). Beloved, the most needful of all these is that you give your life to Christ and accept the redemption which He used His life to produce for all mankind. It shall be well with you.

PRAYER POINT:
Father, through the knowledge of Your word and Your Holy spirit, help me to be sincere with Your principles which govern being blessed in this world and the world to come.

HYMN 10:
1. There shall be showers of blessing:
This is the promise of love;
There shall be seasons refreshing,
Sent from the Savior above.

Refrain:
Showers of blessing,
Showers of blessing we need:
Mercy-drops round us are falling,
But for the showers we plead.

2. There shall be showers of blessing,
Precious reviving again;
Over the hills and the valleys,
Sound of abundance of rain.
Refrain:

3. There shall be showers of blessing;
Send them upon us, O Lord;
Grant to us now a refreshing,
Come, and now honor Thy Word.
Refrain:

4. There shall be showers of blessing:
Oh, that today they might fall,
Now as to God we’re confessing,
Now as on Jesus we call!
Refrain:

5. There shall be showers of blessing,
If we but trust and obey;
If we let God have His way.
Refrain:
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by 0neal(m): 1:31am On Oct 26, 2017
LIFE is SPIRITUAL, therefore living must be Spiritual
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by Julivas(m): 7:10pm On Oct 26, 2017

FRIDAY 27TH OCTOBER, 2017

THE ESSENCE OF SPIRITUAL OFFICE

MEMORISE:
And he gave some, apostles; and some, prophets; and some, evangelists; and some, pastors and teachers; Ephesians 4:11

READ:
Ephesians 4:8-14

BIBLE IN ONE YEAR:
Hebrew 1-4 & Hosea 2

When God calls a person into a spiritual office, it is because there are roles he wants such a person to play in the scheme of things as regards God’s agenda for man on earth. Spiritual offices are not just for the purpose of accumulating titles or occupying position. If you are called into a spiritual office, you are called to serve God, and to be a blessing to lives. God is the giver of all spiritual gifts through His Holy Spirit. However, it so obvious today that some people are not using the spiritual offices they occupy for God’s original purpose. If you have been called as a pastor, your responsibility is to raise a church and care for the spiritual needs of those God has placed in your trust as a pastor. Today, there are many sheep wandering away, because they are not being properly guided by the shepherds the Good Shepherd has set over them. There are members of the Body of Christ who cannot identify their left from their right, and for this reason the Holy Spirit in 2 Timothy 4:2, gave this mandate to those He has set over them as pastors:
“Preach the word; be instant in season, out of season; reprove, rebuke, exhort with all long suffering and doctrine.”
Are you an evangelist? You are a preacher and messenger of the true gospel of the Lord Jesus Christ. As an evangelist, you are to declare the entire counsel of God wherever you are. The word of the Lord should not be watered down because of the presence of certain people in your audience (Jeremiah 1:cool. You are to constantly remind your hearer of the genuine word of God and avoid messages that will not bring people to the knowledge of Christ and His saving works. If you are a teacher of the word, you have been gifted by the Holy Spirit to explain God’s word in order to build and equip the church. You are to communicate biblical truths effectively to the understanding of your hearers. Are you occupying the office of a prophet? If you are, you have been authorized by God to speak on His behalf.
There are lots of problems in the Body of Christ today because people are not using these spiritual offices for the purpose for which they were given by the Lord Jesus Christ. Grace has been given to everyone according to the measure of the gift of Christ; hence, it is important that people disengage from causing divisions within the Body of Christ. The offices are meant to complement one another for the perfecting of the saints and to edify the Body of Christ. The offices are to be used together for the unity of the church, so that God’s people can come into the full knowledge of Him.

PRAYER POINT:
Father, may Your grace upon my life not be in vain.

HYMN 14:

Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by Julivas(m): 8:15pm On Oct 27, 2017

SATURDAY 28TH OCTOBER, 2017

POVERTY OR RICHES?

MEMORISE:
The rich ruleth over the poor, and the borrower is servant to the lender. Proverbs 22:7

READ:
2 Corinthians 8:7-9

BIBLE IN ONE YEAR:
Hebrew 5-8 & Hosea 3-4

It is the ultimate desire of our Father to see that we are blessed. He wants all His children to dwell in His blessings (Psalm 92:13-14). It is not His desire that our lives should be at the mercy of unbelievers. The more wealth the Lord empowers us with, the more His Kingdom on earth should increase. Don’t believe those who tell you that as a child of God, you are not supposed to be wealthy. This is a false doctrine! It is written in God’s word that you are to lend to nations and not borrow (Deuteronomy 15:6). It is also recorded in God’s word that the blessings of the Lord make rich and add no sorrow (Proverbs 10:22). Furthermore, God says in His word that He wishes above all things that you prosper and be in good health (3 John 1:2). God has the key to all things, including all the wealth of this world. Psalm 24:1 says,
“The earth is the LORD'S, and the fulness thereof; the world, and they that dwell therein.”
Although God’s word contains all these truths about wealth, as long as believers doubt their efficacy, they will never be able to access God’s wealth. Before you can take possession of God’s wealth, you need to have certain keys that will separate you from poverty and bring you to a realm of unprecedented riches of God. If the Almighty God gives you the power to get wealth, everything you touch automatically turns to riches. You need to acknowledge the fact that true and enduring wealth only comes from God. Deuteronomy 8:18 says,
“But thou shalt remember the Lord thy God: for it is he that giveth thee power to get wealth, that he may establish his covenant which he sware unto thy fathers, as it is this day.”
Experiencing true riches is not about millions coming into your account. There are people who have experienced this several time, without the grace to retain such riches. God wants to bless you and also give you the power to retain His blessings. The type of riches that comes without any element of sorrow in it is what God desires for you and your children’s children.
God is against wealth obtained through sin. It doesn’t matter how much you contribute to the work of God, if your money is not earned legitimately, you are placing a curse on yourself and your contributions to the kingdom project will not deliver you from God’s judgment (Proverb 21:27). If God’s children would fear and obey His principle for wealth creation, poverty will become a thing of the past in their lives. You have to hate poverty because a poor man will always live another man’s life. If you seek the righteousness of God, all other things will be added to you.

PRAYER POINT:
Father, separate me from all forms of ungodly riches and poverty.

HYMN 10:
1. There shall be showers of blessing:
This is the promise of love;
Sent from the Savior above.

Refrain:
Showers of blessing,
Showers of blessing we need:
Mercy-drops round us are falling,
But for the showers we plead.

2. There shall be showers of blessing,
Precious reviving again;
Over the hills and the valleys,
Sound of abundance of rain.
Refrain:

3. There shall be showers of blessing;
Send them upon us, O Lord;
Grant to us now a refreshing,
Come, and now honor Thy Word.
Refrain:

4. There shall be showers of blessing:
Oh, that today they might fall,
Now as to God we’re confessing,
Now as on Jesus we call!
Refrain:

5. There shall be showers of blessing,
If we but trust and obey;
If we let God have His way.
Refrain:
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by Ndy1919: 10:25am On Oct 28, 2017
Julivas:

SUNDAY 22ND OCTOBER, 2017

FULFIL YOUR CALLING

MEMORISE:
But watch thou in all things, endure afflictions, do the work of an evangelist, make full proof of thy ministry.
2 Timothy 4:5

READ:
Romans 12:6-18

BIBLE IN ONE YEAR:
1 Thessalonians 1-5 & Daniel 11:7-19

Yesterday, we discussed knowing and staying within your calling. One of the reasons why it is important for you to know and stay within your calling is to fulfill the purpose of your calling. Fulfilling your calling is therefore premised on you knowing and staying with your calling. We are instructed by the Lord to ensure the profitable use of the gifts given to us by the Holy Spirit - though not without caution that it should be done in faith. The bedrock of the use of the gifts the Holy Spirit gives and the offices our Lord Jesus Christ calls us into is love. This is why Paul, in 1 Corinthians 12:31, as a prologue to his exposition on love, said:
“But covet earnestly the best gifts: and yet shew I unto you a more excellent way.”
Without love, you cannot adequately fulfill your calling. Through the story of Jonah who was commissioned as a prophet to warn a perishing nation, we learn that without love, there is no way anyone can fulfill his or her calling. The office of the prophet is a desirable office among the fivefold offices in the Church (Ephesians 4:11). This was the office Jonah was called into. However, a lack of love for perishing souls almost made him to lose that office and his life (Jonah 1:1-15). Beloved, into what office have you been called? Are you fulfilling your calling? If not, do you know the cause? May be it is because your heart is lacking in love. 1 Corinthians 13:2 says:
“And though I have the gift of prophecy, and understand all mysteries, and all knowledge; and though I have all faith, so that I could remove mountains, and have not charity, I am nothing.”
It is amazing to read that Jonah was angry because God decided to forgive the people of Nineveh after he had been forced to warn them to repent. Jonah 3:10-4:1 says,
“And God saw their works, that they turned from their evil way; and God repented of the evil, that he had said that he would do unto them; and he did it not. But it displeased Jonah exceedingly, and he was very angry.”
You cannot fulfill your calling if you don’t have love to operate it. Your gifts would just be monumental but without value. It takes love to be a successful administrator to say the least. It takes love to successfully do the work of an evangelist or teacher. Without love, you may own all the goods in the world and people dying of starvation will mean nothing to you. A pastor without love would just be milking the sheep to fatten himself up for perdition. Love is the excellent way of fulfilling your calling. Release your heart to love, and stay away from hate.

PRAYER POINT:
Father, please fill my heart with compassion and love, so that I may fulfill my calling in Jesus’ Name.

HYMN 14:

pls where can I download gospel songs

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by Julivas(m): 5:20pm On Oct 28, 2017

SUNDAY 29TH OCTOBER, 2017

TURN PROPHECIES INTO REALITIES

MEMORISE:
This charge I commit unto thee, son Timothy, according to the prophecies which went before on thee, that thou by them mightest war a good warfare;1 Timothy 1:18

READ:
James 5:17-18
17 Elias was a man subject to like passions as we are, and he prayed earnestly that it might not rain: and it rained not on the earth by the space of three years and six months.
18 And he prayed again, and the heaven gave rain, and the earth brought forth her fruit.

BIBLE IN ONE YEAR:
Hebrew 9-10 & Hosea 5-6

A prophecy is of little or no good to the one it has been sent if it does not move from the realm of the spirit into the physical realm. Your attitude to prophecy plays a great role in determining its manifestation in the physical world. Today’s Bible reading tells us how best to relate with prophecies. Through it, we understand that it is important to pray before making a decree and also after you prophesy. At a time when the nation of Israel was in the grip of a serious national backsliding, Elijah stood before King Ahab and decreed that there would be no rain until he reversed the decree (1 Kings 17:1). Immediately after he made this decree, he went into seclusion. The King only heard the decree, but he did not know what went on behind the scenes. Apostle James tells us that Elijah prayed earnestly before he made this decree. After the nation had experienced intense famine for 3 & 1/2 years, God asked Elijah to show himself again to the king. Elijah then stood before King Ahab on Mount Carmel and told him to celebrate because he had heard the sound of abundant rain (1Kings 18:41-46). He said this only after he had successfully turned the backslidden hearts of the children of Israel back to God. After making this declaration to Ahab, he left the presence of the King, fell on his face and prayed earnestly to God until his prophecy came to pass.
Never make a decree or release a prophecy without the backing of prayer. Several people have received certain prophecies that they knew without a doubt was meant for them, and yet they have not witnessed their manifestation in their lives, even while several others are testifying of the fulfillment of the same prophecies in their own lives. What could be wrong? The difference is that some heard, received the prophecy and prayed for its fulfillment, while others heard, received it, but did nothing afterwards. The good thing is that all is not lost; every prophecy that has been spoken into your life or that you have received is still hanging around in the spirit realm, waiting for you to bring it into the realm of the physical through your earnest prayer. A man who had been barren for over 30 years once asked God what he should do, and God said he should wait. When he attended one of our meetings, a prophecy came forth saying “the waiting period is over”. He thanked God, received it and prayed earnestly. That month, his wife conceived. Go ahead and pray for the manifestation of every prophecy God has sent to you that is yet to become reality in your life.

KEY POINT:
Every prophecy can become reality if only you can apply the tool of effective, persistent prayer.

HYMN 1:
1. My faith looks up to Thee,
Thou Lamb of Calvary,
Savior divine!
Now hear me while I pray,
Take all my guilt away,
Oh, let me from this day
Be wholly Thine!

2. May Thy rich grace impart
Strength to my fainting heart,
My zeal inspire!
As Thou hast died for me,
Oh, may my love to Thee
Pure, warm, and changeless be,
A living fire!

3. While life’s dark maze I tread,
And griefs around me spread,
Be Thou my guide;
Bid darkness turn to day,
Wipe sorrow’s tears away,
Nor let me ever stray
From Thee aside.

4. When ends life’s transient dream,
When death’s cold, sullen stream
Shall o’er me roll;
Blest Savior, then in love,
Fear and distrust remove;
Oh, bear me safe above,
A ransomed soul!
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by Julivas(m): 5:22pm On Oct 28, 2017
Ndy1919:
pls where can I download gospel songs
Sir/ma, please I will definitely get back to you.
Thanks.

1 Like

Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by Ndy1919: 6:16pm On Oct 28, 2017
Julivas:

Sir/ma, please I will definitely get back to you.
Thanks.
pls I will be very happy... Thanks in anticipation.... Nduka
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by Julivas(m): 9:08pm On Oct 28, 2017
Ndy1919:
pls I will be very happy... Thanks in anticipation.... Nduka

Please check this out sir.
Thanks.

http://music.lovetoknow.com/Download_Free_Gospel_Music
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by Julivas(m): 8:33pm On Oct 29, 2017

MONDAY 30TH OCTOBER, 2017

SHUTTING UP MOCKERS

MEMORISE:
The hope of the righteous shall be gladness: but the expectation of the wicked shall perish. Proverbs 10:28

READ:
Psalm 35:15-19

BIBLE IN ONE YEAR:
Hebrews 11-13 & Hosea 7

God is a specialist at disgracing mockers and giving His children the last laugh. This season, you shall laugh last in Jesus’ Name! in Mark 10:46-52, when Bartimaeus was crying to Jesus for help, some people were irritated. Do you know that there are people who do not want your voice to be heard at all? “Shut up you blind beggar! With people like us around, do you think the master would have time for a beggar like you?” They laughed at him with an air of importance, but he ignored their mockery and cried out for help all the more. They got angry at his defiance. “You’ve got some nerve, you noisy fellow! If you know what is good for you, you better keep your mouth shut!” They continued mocking him as the crowd moved along. However, to their amazement, Jesus suddenly stopped and said, “There is a blind beggar along the street behind us. Go and bring him here now.” Immediately, the laughter of the mockers ceased. The laughter of your mockers has come to a permanent end today in Jesus' Name! The same mockers became his helper. They politely took him to Jesus, and after Jesus healed him, he became the center of attraction. Very soon, you that people thought would never amount to anything will become the center of attraction in Jesus’ Name!
A particular sister was dying at the University of Lagos Teaching Hospital. Her husband met the doctor and they confided in him that she would not live to see the following morning under any circumstance. So he went to his wife, pretending to care for her, and he told her he would see her the following morning, secretly expecting to meet her corpse by then. As he left the hospital, he phoned his mistress and said, “My stupid wife will pass away tonight. Come over and let’s have fun.” The mistress came to his house and they were “having fun”, but because they never expected anyone to disturb them, they did not even lock the door of the bedroom. They were in for the shock of their lives. After this man left the hospital earlier on, that same night, the Lord Jesus Christ visited his sick wife and said “I am the Lord that healeth thee; rise up and go home.” As she got up and walked out of the hospital, the nurse thought they were daydreaming and seeing her ghost, and so they did not stop her. She got home and caught the two evil doors in their illicit act. She said to them, “You thought I was dead, but I am alive and well.” Every evil expectation of your enemies shall be disappointed in Jesus’ Name! You shall laugh from now on!

PRAYER POINT:
Father, turn every expectation of my mockers to disappointment.

HYMN 8:
1. Great is Thy faithfulness, O God my Father;
There is no shadow of turning with Thee;
Thou changest not, Thy compassions, they fail not;
As Thou hast been, Thou forever will be.

Refrain:
Great is Thy faithfulness!
Great is Thy faithfulness!
Morning by morning new mercies I see.
All I have needed Thy hand hath provided;
Great is Thy faithfulness, Lord, unto me!

2. Summer and winter and springtime and harvest,
Sun, moon and stars in their courses above
Join with all nature in manifold witness
To Thy great faithfulness, mercy and love.
[Refrain]

3. Pardon for sin and a peace that endureth
Thine own dear presence to cheer and to guide;
Strength for today and bright hope for tomorrow,
Blessings all mine, with ten thousand beside!
[Refrain]
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by Ndy1919: 11:11pm On Oct 29, 2017
Julivas:

Please check this out sir.
Thanks.

http://music.lovetoknow.com/Download_Free_Gospel_Music
thanks but it didn't work..
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by Julivas(m): 11:30pm On Oct 29, 2017
Ndy1919:
thanks but it didn't work..
Alright sir, I will check for another one
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by Ndy1919: 11:51pm On Oct 29, 2017
Julivas:

Alright sir, I will check for another one
thanks I sent u a message did u see it
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by ohiz2007(m): 7:45am On Oct 30, 2017
[quote author=Ndy1919 post=61893343] thanks but it didn't work..

Try this https://archive.org/search.php?query=subject%3A%22Gospel%22

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by Ndy1919: 3:29pm On Oct 30, 2017
[quote author=ohiz2007 post=61898631][/quote] it's not working or how did you use it pls

(1) (2) (3) ... (624) (625) (626) (627) (628) (629) (630) ... (787) (Reply)

Higher Everyday — Demas Was A Disciple / Christ Embassy's New Social Website / Yookos.com – Christ Embassy’s Social Networking Site.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 134
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.