Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,821 members, 7,824,412 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 09:46 AM

The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) - Religion (628) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) (835845 Views)

The Satanic Chatbox. Everybody Is Welcome / The Non-Christian Chatbox ( sticky ) / Christian's Chatbox Game/Party Night - May 4th@ 10pm Gmt -ALL CHRISTIANS INVITED (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (625) (626) (627) (628) (629) (630) (631) ... (787) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by Julivas(m): 7:41pm On Oct 30, 2017
OPEN HEAVENS BY PST. ENOCH .A. ADEBOYE

TUESDAY 31ST OCTOBER 2017

PRAYERLESSNESS DISALLOWED.

Watch and pray, that ye enter not into temptation: the spirit indeed is willing, but the flesh is weak. Matthew 26:41

READ:
Mark 13:32-37

BIBLE IN ONE YEAR:
James 1-3 & Hosea 8

Prayerlessness is a major challenge facing contemporary believers. Many refused to pray as they ought to because they have become overconfident and proud. The more you pray to God, the less dependent on yourself you become. As young Christians, some people prayed quite often. When they became workers in God’s vineyard, they sustained their prayer tempo, but the moment they became pastors, their prayer-life nosedived. Why the decline? It is because such people began to believe that they could now do things on their own. This is the highway to ruin. Are you praying less after God has elevated you spiritually? If your answer is yes, check yourself very well, you will discover that you now have more faith in yourself to succeed by your effort than by God’s support. This is one reason why God keeps a distance from the proud: He knows if He helps them achieve a feat, at the end, they will not think twice before taking His glory.
Besides pride, another reason for prayerlessness is carelessness. In Matthew 26:41, Jesus said:
“Watch and pray, that ye enter not into temptation: the spirit indeed is willing, but the flesh is weak.”
Also, in Mark 13:32-37, the Lord emphasized the need to watch. You cannot afford to be careless. You can’t afford to be cold, lukewarm or carefree in these days that we live in. Praying goes along with watching. You cannot pray effectively if you fail to watch as well. If you watch effectively, it will help to give your prayers direction. You will know what trending issues to lift before God’s throne. You will have some burdens in the place of prayer that will only be lifted after you have prayed through. Similarly, if you watch as you should, you will be able to relate events that are happening around you with the second coming of Jesus Christ. If you are keeping watch, you will be on your guard and on your toes. If you watch, you cannot be asleep. Beloved, this is not the time to sleep but the time to be spiritually awake, alert and prepared. This is the time to pray about virtually everything that comes across our path. It is a time to wholly depend on God, who knows the way, to show us the way in the midst of growing confusion and evil spreading around the world. Wake up! Fast more! Watch more! May the Lord guide you in Jesus’ Name.

PRAYER POINT:
Father, please silence everything in me that is working against me having an effective prayer life.

HYMN 2:
1. What a friend we have in Jesus,
All our sins and griefs to bear!
What a privilege to carry
Everything to God in prayer!
Oh, what peace we often forfeit,
Oh, what needless pain we bear,
All because we do not carry

2. Have we trials and temptations?
Is there trouble anywhere?
We should never be discouraged—
Take it to the Lord in prayer.
Can we find a friend so faithful,
Who will all our sorrows share?
Jesus knows our every weakness;

3. Are we weak and heavy-laden,
Cumbered with a load of care?
Precious Savior, still our refuge—
Do thy friends despise, forsake thee?
Take it to the Lord in prayer!
In His arms He’ll take and shield thee,
Thou wilt find a solace there.

4.Blessed Savior, Thou hast promised
Thou wilt all our burdens bear;
May we ever, Lord, be bringing
All to Thee in earnest prayer.
Soon in glory bright, unclouded,
There will be no need for prayer—
Rapture, praise, and endless worship
Will be our sweet portion there.
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by Pelumy2652(m): 7:22am On Oct 31, 2017
*��⁉��WHERE SHALL WE GO?!�⛩⛪♻�����*

*⁉When we can no longer differentiate a Church from a social gathering and all what we do in Church is to just have fun!*

*_⁉When we can not differentiate a chorister from a harlot and an usher is not different from a waiter!_*

*⁉When the Church is no more conducive where shall we go?!*

*_⁉When worship session in a Church is just like a disco night party and we can not differentiate a Pastor from a comedian!_*

*⁉When salvation message is no longer the order of the day but prosperity and entertainment message is now the core course!*

*_⁉When the Church is no more conducive where shall we go?!_*

*⁉When prayer warrior now have to go to tongue-speaking school for utterances, and deliverance and healing session is now like MTH 201 to be taught and learned!*

*_⁉When a Pastor has to pause for members to clap and shout during sermon in enthusiasm and all what we now gain from preaching is new vocabulary and word usage!_*

*⁉When the Church is no more conducive where shall we go?!*

*_⁉When the Church of the Sovereign GOD is now an exhibition ground for the latest designer jackets and hats. And those new converts can no longer come to Church for the fear of being inferior!_*

*⁉When the tithe and offering in Church become the yard-stick for growth and the little donations from the faithful members have to suffer for the Senior Pastor’s birthday!*

*_⁉When the church is no more conducive where shall we go?!_*

*⁉When fund raising is now disguised and referred to as revival!*

*_⁉When the number of souls being lost from the Church is higher than gained souls!_*

*⁉Where shall we go is the question right now; but never a rhetoric one!*

*_������Where we can go is simply the Feet of the Old Rugged CROSS ✝ to plead for genuine spiritual revival of the Church of our Father!_*

*Someone sent this to me and I found it thought provoking and beneficial enough to share as received/copied, please!*

*_Stay blessed and have a wonderful n fruitful new day and week ahead!_*
��⁉⛪⁉��✝��⁉⛪⁉.

1 Like

Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by Nobody: 9:19am On Oct 31, 2017
As a gospel music artiste, the major challenge I had was promoting a song that everyone believes should be downloaded free of charge because it is "gospel". This began my journey into web programming. Based on this premise, I came up with a one year free music promotion for gospel artistes as part of my contribution to the great commission. For one full year, as a gospel artiste you will enjoy promotions on every social and other media possible including 24-hour GMH radio. If God has given you a song, and you sincerely desire that it be heard, kindly visit https://www.mygospelmusicworld.com, follow the upload in instructions at the left-hand corner (This includes song size, album art dimensions, biography, lyrics and the likes) when you have fulfilled all the necessary conditions, click on 2017 promo and upload your song. Sit and watch your fanbase grow! Congratulations and happy promotions.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by Julivas(m): 7:13pm On Oct 31, 2017

WEDNESDAY NOVEMBER, 1ST 2017

OVERFLOWING LAUGHTER.

MEMORISE:
And Sarah said, God hath made me to laugh, so that all that hear will laugh with me. Genesis 21:6

READ:
2 Kings 2:1-15

BIBLE IN ONE YEAR:
James 4-5, 1 Peter 1 &
Hosea 9

In Joshua 7, after the Israelites had defeated the people of Jericho, Joshua sent a handful of soldiers to attack Ai. Because Ai was just a little town, he expected victory without a sweat, but to his utter dismay, his people were defeated. After receiving the sad news, he fell on his face overwhelmed by shame, because defeat brings shame. The enemy would have laughed, wondering how a small city such as Ai could defeat Israel. However, while Joshua was lying before the Ark of the Covenant with his face to the ground, God told him the cause of the defeat and what to do to have victory again. Have you been defeated by a weakness or an enemy you considered too weak to bring you down? I declare to you that this is your season of laughter! The Lord will show you the way to victory today, and your laughter will begin.
Moreover, beyond laughter, there is something called overflowing laughter. In today’s Bible passage, when Elijah was about to be transported to Heaven, Elisha his servant had some unpleasant experiences everywhere he went with his master. As they visited each of the schools of the prophets, the sons of the prophets, who were students in these schools, called Elisha aside and said to him, “Daddy’s boy, everywhere daddy goes, you go with him. Do you know that your daddy will be going finally today, and you will have no one else to follow about? We shall soon see what will become of you.” Every time they say this, Elisha replied them saying, “I know my master is going today, but mind your own business.” After Elijah was taken to Heaven and his mantle dropped, Elisha grabbed it and smote the river like his father had done, and the River Jordan parted into two for him to go through. The sons of the prophets, who were watching from a distance, came and bowed down to him. They had no choice but to admit that indeed, the spirit of Elijah is now rested on him. The greatest laughter comes when your mockers become your servants. When God called me into ministry, a lot of people laughed. The greatest laughter came from my village, where they said, “Look at him - the only lecturer from this village who we thought was going to become an important personality. We knew something was wrong with him the moment he joined that church of 'Amen' and began saying 'Amen, Amen'.” Nevertheless, today, God has given me overflowing laughter. Wherever they are laughing you to scorn, the Lord will give you overflowing laughter in Jesus’ Name!

ACTION POINT:
Pray that everyone who has been experiencing sorrow, disgrace and shame for long in your local assembly will begin to experience overflowing laughter from now on.

HYMN 4:
1.Through the love of God our Savior,
All will be well;
Free and changeless is His favor;
All, all is well.
Precious is the blood that healed us;
Perfect is the grace that sealed us;
Strong the hand stretched out to shield us;
All must be well.

2.Though we pass through tribulation,
All will be well;
Ours is such a full salvation;
All, all is well.
Happy still in God confiding,
Fruitful, if in Christ abiding,
Holy through the Spirit’s guiding,
All must be well.

3.We expect a bright tomorrow;
All will be well;
Faith can sing through days of sorrow,
All, all is well.
On our Father’s love relying,
Jesus every need supplying,
In our living, in our dying,
All must be well
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by Akinguy(m): 7:37am On Nov 01, 2017
Hear the words of God from my mouth today as it was written in the letter of prophet Isaiah 41:10-13....fear thou not, I am with the; be not dismay; for I am thy God I will help the, yea, I will uphold thee with the right hand of my righteousness. Behold all they that were incense against the shall be ashamed and confounded; they shall be as nothing and they that strive with thee shall perish. Thou shalt seek them, and shalt not find them, even them that continued contended with thee; they that war against thee, shall be as nothing, and as a thing of nought. For I the Lord thy God will hold thy right hand, saying unto thee, Fear not; I will help thee. Fear not, thy worm Jacob, and ye men of Israel; I will help thee, saith the LORD, and thy Redeemer, the Holy One of Israel.
Happy new month of divine interventions IN JESUS CHRIST NAME!!!
Testimonies galore this NOVEMBER!!!
*From OLANREWAJU*
*Visionary-Destiny Rescue Mission* _DREM_

1 Like

Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by Julivas(m): 7:54pm On Nov 01, 2017

THURSDAY NOVEMBER 2ND 2017

EXPECT TEST.

MEMORISE:
And Elijah said unto Elisha, Tarry here, I pray thee; for the Lord hath sent me to Bethel. And Elisha said unto him, As the Lord liveth, and as thy soul liveth, I will not leave thee. So they went down to Bethel. 2 King 2:2

READ:
1 Peter 4:12-13, 2 King 2:1-15

BIBLE IN ONE YEAR:
1 Peter 2-5 & Hosea 10

There are some vital lessons we can benefit from the story of Elijah and Elisha found in our Bible reading today. The first thing we see in that story is that God always has something better, more precious and more glorious in store for His children. No matter where you are and where you plan to be, God always has a better plan for you. This is why 2 Timothy 1:9 says,
“Who hath saved us, and called us with an holy calling, not according to our works, but according to his own purpose and grace, which was given us in Christ Jesus before the world began.”
God has a unique purpose for your life. When you became born again, you were called by God to fulfill that purpose, and He also called you to holiness (1 Thessalonians 4:7). This call of God on you is referred to as a 'high calling' (Philippians 3:14). Therefore, no matter how good you are in strategic planning, there is still a need for you to subordinate your plans under God’s will and allow Him to have His way in your life. No wonder Psalm 37:5 says that you should not fail to commit your ways unto God and trust Him to help you in actualizing your plans. This is also why Proverbs 3:5-7 says that you should always tell God of your plans, so that He will provide divine guidance. Do you trust God enough to let Him direct your steps? Elisha was a successful businessman before the mantle of God’s call fell on him, and he left his business to follow God’s plan for his life (1 kings 19:19). Eventually, he became a father to the whole nation of Israel and kings called him ‘father’.
Moreover, another lesion is that although God has a higher glory ahead of you, He can use people, situations and circumstances to test your resolve along the way. Sometimes when test come, we don’t recognize them as tests, and because of this, many of us fail the test. You have to pray that in the test of life, you will not be a failure. When Prophet Elijah was to be taken away, he told his servant Elisha that he had been sent by God on some errands and that Elisha should not bother to follow him. Thank God Elisha was dogged and sensitive enough to realize that it was a test, and he passed the test brilliantly. Some tests of life are so crucial that failing them may rubbish all the past good efforts one has put into achieving greatness. May you not fail in the tests of life!

PRAYER POINT:
Father, whatever tests I would have to go through, please see me through. In the tests of life, let me not be a failure.

HYMN 7:
1. O Jesus, I have promised to serve Thee to the end;
Be Thou forever near me, my Master and my Friend;
I shall not fear the battle if Thou art by my side,
Nor wander from the pathway if Thou wilt be my Guide.

2. Oh, let me hear Thee speaking in accents clear and still,
I dare not trust my judgment: Thy way shall be my will;
Oh, speak to reassure me, to hasten or control;
Oh, speak, and help me listen, Thou Guardian of my soul.

3. O Jesus, Thou hast promised to all who follow Thee
That where Thou art in glory there shall Thy servant be;
And Jesus, I have promised to serve Thee to the end—
Oh, give me grace to follow, my Master and my Friend.

4. Oh, let me see Thy footprints, and in them plant mine own;
My hope to follow duly is in Thy strength alone;
Oh, guide me, call me, draw me, uphold me to the end;
And then in Heav’n receive me, my Savior and my Friend.
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by PstBiola: 8:37am On Nov 02, 2017
Prayer chain for our country Nigeria.

Father in the Mighty name of Jesus Christ I thank You. I thank You because all power belongs to You. Thank You because You always answer my prayers. I ask for forgiveness on behalf of our land and nation Nigeria. Forgive us for we have not walked in your ways. I and our Leaders have wandered away from your laws.
I repent for all wickedness, injustice, nepotism, tribalism, hatred, bloodshed, idolatry, and having not given You Your rightful place in our nation.
Wherever we have exalted any idol before You, please forgive us, Lord.
Father, have mercy. Remember mercy, O Lord. I contend for the destiny of country Nigeria, O Lord.
You say, ask of Me for the nation of Nigeria. Lord I ask for the land of Nigeria, starting from the North,South,East and West., Remember Your people oh Lord, those tossed about, oppressed and trampled upon by situations, hunger and thirst created by wicked men.
O Lord, remember mercy and heal our land. Bring the latter rains, O Lord, I pray. Open the flood gates of heaven and let it rain on our perched land.
I plead the blood of Jesus Christ over this land. Let that Blood that speaks better things than the blood of Abel speak peace in Nigeria. Raise leaders Like king David, judges like Samuel that are after your own heart, O Lord. Give us leaders chosen by You and let them be vessels to bring this land back to the fear of You, O Lord. Let there be peace and love for one another. Let any power thirsting for the blood of any Nigerian be quenched by the blood of Jesus Christ. I cancel violence in Jesus mighty name. I declare your justice to reign over this land because you will not by any means discharge the guilty. I decree peace that comes with justice, prosperity that come with your peace and all material and spiritual blessings upon this land.
Reward trouble to those who trouble this land with wicked deeds. Judge without mercy those who defile our land with idols, who shed innocent blood without a cause.
Let peace be upon Nigeria let peace be upon the four corners of this land where you have planted us. In the mighty name of Jesus Christ our Lord and savior I pray. Amen.

We aim at doing a 1,000,000 prayer chain. Please don't break it. Pass it to 10 of your contacts. Thank you. And may you eat the fruit of the New Nigeria of our dream.
Shallom.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by mindsbeauty(m): 1:08pm On Nov 02, 2017
Meet Prophet Jeremiah Omoto Fufeyin LIVE IN LAGOS
November 23rd, 24th, 25th and 26th 2017, POLICE COLLEGE, IKEJA-LAGOS STATE

LIVE MUSIC MINISTRATION: AWARD WINNING GOSPEL ARTIST - FRANK EDWARDS
IT'S THE HOUR YOU HAD LONGED WAITED FOR; THE GATHERING OF THE SAINTS OF GOD.

EXPECT LIVE PROPHESIES, DELIVERANCE, BREAKTHROUGHS, AND MANY MORE!
COME RIDE OM THE WINGS OF GOD'S PROPHETIC SERVANT AND ANOINTED ONE.

PROPHET JEREMIAH OMOTO FUFEYIN:
Jeremiah Omoto Fufeyin (born 15 February 1972, Burutu, Delta State, Nigeria) is the founder and head prophet of Christ Mercyland Deliverance Ministry (CMDM), Warri, Delta State, Nigeria. He founded the church on 3 April 2010.

FOR ENQUIRIES: 08067853570, 08067374754, 08036892629

Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by Julivas(m): 7:05pm On Nov 02, 2017
OPEN HEAVENS BY PST. ENOCH .A ADEBOYE

FRIDAY 3RD NOVEMBER, 2017

UPTURNING BLESSINGS

MEMORISE:
And ye, in any wise keep yourselves from the accursed thing, lest ye make yourselves accursed, when ye take of the accursed thing, and make the camp of Israel a curse, and trouble it. Joshua 6:18

READ:
Malachi 2:1-6

BIBLE IN ONE YEAR:
2 Peter 1-3, 1 John 1 &
Hosea 11

God can bless you by pronouncing a blessing on you, canceling a curse or even turning a curse into blessing. It is important to establish at this point that no man can change your blessings into a curse - not even the one through whom the blessing was pronounced. Once the blessing is pronounced, it cannot be taken back. We see a manifestation of this truth in Genesis 27:30-37. After Esau returned from his father’s errand and realized his brother had stolen his blessing by impersonating him, he went to his father and said, “Daddy, what have you done?” Isaac, his father, replied, "I am sorry son, I have already blessed him and he remains blessed. I didn’t know I was blessing the wrong fellow, but I can’t change the blessing now. He is already blessed!" In the Name that is above all names, every blessing that has been pronounced on you and your family shall come to pass! Your blessing shall never be reversed in Jesus’ Name! Every plan of the wicked to upturn your blessings shall fail and meet with disappointment!
However, God can change blessing into a curse. In 1 Samuel 2:30, God told Eli, “With my mouth, I said that you and your father’s house would stand before Me forever, but now, because of what you have done, I have changed My mind”, and with the same mouth, God cursed Eli and his descendants forever. In that scripture, the Lord revealed that honouring Him is very crucial. If you want Him to fulfill His promises and beautiful prophecies to you and your family, you must be prepared to honour Him. God will only honour those who honour Him. I have often told those brethren who attend our monthly Divine Encounter programme that when God asks you to give Him your first fruits, it is not because He is in need. It is simply a way of you honouring Him. Proverbs 3:9-10 says,
“Honour the Lord with thy substance, and with the firstfruits of all thine increase: So shall thy barns be filled with plenty, and thy presses shall burst out with new wine.”
Have you been faithful in paying your first fruit? If you pay it faithfully, He will definitely keep His word by bringing His promises to fulfillment in your life. If however, you cannot meet his conditions, do not waste your time claiming the promises. God is a responsible God, and He is the Father of responsible children. If you ignore the commands of your earthly father, it doesn’t show you are responsible. It works the same way with God.

ACTION POINT:
Pray that your blessing will never become a curse.

HYMN 10:
1.There shall be showers of blessing:
This is the promise of love;
There shall be seasons refreshing,
Sent from the Savior above.

Refrain:
Showers of blessing,
Showers of blessing we need:
Mercy-drops round us are falling,
But for the showers we plead.

2.There shall be showers of blessing,
Precious reviving again;
Over the hills and the valleys,
Sound of abundance of rain.
Refrain:

3.There shall be showers of blessing;
Send them upon us, O Lord;
Grant to us now a refreshing,
Come, and now honor Thy Word.
Refrain:

4.There shall be showers of blessing:
Oh, that today they might fall,
Now as to God we’re confessing,
Now as on Jesus we call!
Refrain:

5.There shall be showers of blessing,
If we but trust and obey;
If we let God have His way.
Refrain:
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by Julivas(m): 7:48pm On Nov 03, 2017

SATURDAY 4TH NOVEMBER, 2017

DON’T FAINT!

MEMORISE:
Therefore seeing we have this ministry, as we have received mercy, we faint not;
2 Corinthians 4:1

READ:
2 Corinthians 4:15-16
15 For all things are for your sakes, that the abundant grace might through the thanksgiving of many redound to the glory of God.
16 For which cause we faint not; but though our outward man perish, yet the inward man is renewed day by day.

BIBLE IN ONE YEAR:
1 John 2-4 & Hosea 12

As children of God, one lesson we derive from Luke 6:38 is that giving precedes receiving. Those who expect to receive when they have not sown are waiting for an empty harvest. Some people may contend with this truth by citing John 4:38, which says,
“I sent you to reap that whereon ye bestowed no labour: other men laboured, and ye are entered into their labours.”
Yes, it is possible to reap where you did not sow, but you will always reap what you sow. If you check the scriptures, you will find out that the privilege of reaping where you did not sow is reserved for the hardworking fellow and not for the lazy. If you consider the parable of the talent in Matthew 25:14-30, you will discover that the servant who had 10 talents was given the extra talent that was taken away from the lazy servant. The Lord justified this action with these words in Matthew 25:29:
“For unto every one that hath shall be given, and he shall have abundance: but from him that hath not shall be taken away even that which he hath.”
If you work hard and excel in whatever assignment the Lord has given you, if you make sacrifices in doing God’s bidding beyond every other person, or if you out-give everyone else, you will not only enter into abundance, but you may also qualify to receive the harvest of the lazy.
Moreover, we see that the lazy servant lost his harvest. May you not lose your harvest to someone else! It is interesting to note that some people lose their harvest not only to laziness but also as a result of lack of patience. A story was told of the pastor of a local assembly, who fasted, prayed and evangelized his community but could not get a harvest. It appeared as if the ground was iron. Unknown to him, God was working out something that would bring a lot of people to that community. Sadly, before God could finish what He was doing, this pastor got discouraged and quit ministry. Just about the same time, another pastor started a ministry in the same community. The people that God caused to relocate to this community as reward for the toiling of the pastor that quit now became a harvest for the new pastor. This new pastor must have concluded that ministry was so easy, without knowing what really happened. In light of this, never give up on your assignment! No matter how tough things may be, remain with God and you will reap your harvest.

KEY POINT:
If you remove people out of their rightful harvest, get set to be thrown out of your own harvest, unless you fully restitute.

HYMN 10:
1. There shall be showers of blessing:
This is the promise of love;
Sent from the Savior above.

Refrain:
Showers of blessing,
Showers of blessing we need:
Mercy-drops round us are falling,
But for the showers we plead.

2. There shall be showers of blessing,
Precious reviving again;
Over the hills and the valleys,
Sound of abundance of rain.
Refrain:

3. There shall be showers of blessing;
Send them upon us, O Lord;
Grant to us now a refreshing,
Come, and now honor Thy Word.
Refrain:

4. There shall be showers of blessing:
Oh, that today they might fall,
Now as to God we’re confessing,
Now as on Jesus we call!
Refrain:

5. There shall be showers of blessing,
If we but trust and obey;
If we let God have His way.
Refrain:
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by mindsbeauty(m): 9:45am On Nov 04, 2017
Meet Prophet Jeremiah Omoto Fufeyin LIVE IN LAGOS
November 23rd, 24th, 25th and 26th 2017, POLICE COLLEGE, IKEJA-LAGOS STATE

LIVE MUSIC MINISTRATION: AWARD WINNING GOSPEL ARTIST - FRANK EDWARDS
IT'S THE HOUR YOU HAD LONGED WAITED FOR; THE GATHERING OF THE SAINTS OF GOD.

EXPECT LIVE PROPHESIES, DELIVERANCE, BREAKTHROUGHS, AND MANY MORE!
COME RIDE OM THE WINGS OF GOD'S PROPHETIC SERVANT AND ANOINTED ONE.

PROPHET JEREMIAH OMOTO FUFEYIN:
Jeremiah Omoto Fufeyin (born 15 February 1972, Burutu, Delta State, Nigeria) is the founder and head prophet of Christ Mercyland Deliverance Ministry (CMDM), Warri, Delta State, Nigeria. He founded the church on 3 April 2010.

FOR ENQUIRIES: 08067853570, 08067374754, 08036892629

https://web.facebook.com/mercylandlagoscrusade/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gdvK4v17RwU&list=PLCSIo9NowrGks08Jrd1reHFI4DWeQX3J7

Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by Julivas(m): 7:16pm On Nov 04, 2017
OPEN HEAVENS DAILY DEVOTIONAL

DATE: SUNDAY NOVEMBER 5TH 2017

THEME: WHY PRAISE HIM?

Memorise:
Who satisfieth thy mouth with good things; so that thy youth is renewed like the eagle's. Psalm 103:5
Read: Psalm 103:1-8
103:1 Bless the Lord, O my soul: and all that is within me, bless his holy name.
103:2 Bless the Lord, O my soul, and forget not all his benefits:
103:3 Who forgiveth all thine iniquities; who healeth all thy diseases;
103:4 Who redeemeth thy life from destruction; who crowneth thee with lovingkindness and tender mercies;
103:5 Who satisfieth thy mouth with good things; so that thy youth is renewed like the eagle's.
103:6 The Lord executeth righteousness and judgment for all that are oppressed.
103:7 He made known his ways unto Moses, his acts unto the children of Israel.
103:8 The Lord is merciful and gracious, slow to anger, and plenteous in mercy.

Anytime you find it difficult to worship God, just know that pride might be creeping into your heart. If pride finds a place in your heart, God will begin to resist you from that moment (James 4:6). May God not resist you! Some people have become too big to dance for the King of kings in public. Be warned! 1 Peter 2:9 says we were created, chosen and called to praise God, and so, anything that tries to hinder you from praising God must be avoided like a plague. However, why should you be grateful to God? Why should you thank and praise Him? Our Bible reading gives some reasons. The first reason is for the salvation of your soul (Revelation 1:5-6). When the blood of goats and that of other animals could not wash our sins, God had to send His Son Jesus Christ to shed His Blood for that purpose (Hebrew 10:4). How much did you pay for the Blood of Jesus to wash away your sins? How much have you also paid to receive cleansing by the same Blood, whenever you fall into sin? If Christ had not offered His Blood, there would not have been one soul saved in all of the earth! So what do you do about this? Be thankful for the blood of Jesus!
Similarly, you ought to be grateful for your deliverance. Concerning this, Hebrews 2:14-15 says,
“Forasmuch then as the children are partakers of flesh and blood, he also himself likewise took part of the same; that through death he might destroy him that had the power of death, that is, the devil;And deliver them who through fear of death were all their lifetime subject to bondage.”
Revelation 12:11 also says that the Blood of Jesus Christ makes it possible for you to overcome your worst enemy: Satan. The blood protects you from harm’s way. What about your translation from the kingdom of darkness into the kingdom of Jesus Christ, made possible by the light of the glorious gospel of Christ (Colossians 1:13)? Have you ever paid for this? How about the healing stripes? 1 Peter 2:24 says because of the lashes that Jesus received, you and I can now access divine healing for every category of sickness. What about His love? Can you pay for His incomparable love with which He has loved you, even while you were deep in sin? But for this love, where would you be by now? Yes, you ought to equally praise Him for His tender mercies that keep you alive on a daily basis (Lamentations 3:22-23). Even when you go to sleep, do you realize it is not by your power that you wake up? Psalm 3:5 says it is God who does this daily, and this is just another reason to praise and worship Him. Are you ready to give Him the thanks and praise that is due to His holy Name?

Action Point:
Today, use every opportunity you have to just praise, thank, adore and worship the Lord.

BIBLE IN ONE YEAR:
1 John 5
2 John
3 John
Jude
Hosea 13

AUTHOR: PASTOR E. A. ADEBOYE

HYMN 2: WHAT A FRIEND WE HAVE IN JESUS

1. What a friend we have in Jesus,
All our sins and griefs to bear!
What a privilege to carry
Oh, what peace we often forfeit,
Oh, what needless pain we bear,
All because we do not carry

2. Have we trials and temptations?
Is there trouble anywhere?
We should never be discouraged—
Can we find a friend so faithful,
Who will all our sorrows share?
Jesus knows our every weakness;

3. Are we weak and heavy-laden,
Cumbered with a load of care?
Precious Savior, still our refuge—
Do thy friends despise, forsake thee?
Take it to the Lord in prayer!
In His arms He’ll take and shield thee,
Thou wilt find a solace there.

1 Like

Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by Julivas(m): 8:49pm On Nov 05, 2017

MONDAY 6TH NOVEMBER, 2017

HE RESPONDS TO LOVE

MEMORISE:
I love them that love me; and those that seek me early shall find me. Proverb 8:17

READ:
Proverb 8:17-18
17 I love them that love me; and those that seek me early shall find me.
18 Riches and honour are with me; yea, durable riches and righteousness.

BIBLE IN ONE YEAR:
Job 1-4 & Hosea 14

From the encounter the widow of Zarephath had with God in 1 King 17:8-16, we learn that God knows how to reciprocate love. It takes deep love for God for you to be ready to give your very last meal for His sake. When in Proverbs 8:17 God said,
“I love them that love me; and those that seek me early shall find me.”
He meant every word of it. When the widow was told to go and first prepare food for Elijah, she looked at him and said, ‘I will do it. Not for you, but for your God and because of my love for Him”. Can it be said that you truly love the Lord? The testimony of genuine love for God is a great testimony every believer in Christ should have. After all is said and done, may it be declared concerning you that you loved the Lord.
Beloved, do you know that giving of first fruits is just a test of your love for God? By the grace of God, out of my love for God and to reach and to reach out to lost souls, I desire to convene a Holy Ghost Congress. The first Congress took place in 1977. I wanted to invite students to come together for this purpose, but I could not afford to feed them all. I had no money but I had a car, and without thinking much about it, I sold the car for that purpose. I did this with every sense of joy and satisfaction. At that time, some people thought I was mad, and really, I was madly in love with God.
When God says he loves those who love him, He means it. When you demonstrate how much you love Him, he will reciprocate. Just recently, I announced to the congregation that I no longer had a need for cars, so nobody should give me a car as a gift anymore. When I got home that same day, four new cars were already waiting for me. I said I didn’t want any more cars, but God said I haven’t seen anything yet. I gave Him my first car and ever since, He keeps sending me cars. The widow gave God her last meal and God kept sending more, meals to her. While everyone around her was either starving or dying due to famine, she and her household got more fattened. You may not believe this, but do you know that I gave the very first house I built in my life to the Lord? For me, it was indeed a pleasurable thing to do. I did not come into this world with a house. God built one for me and when He needed it, I gave it to Him out of love. I can tell you that He has been very faithful to me ever since. Are you still holding back lands, houses, money and other things that you could have given Him to demonstrate your love and provoke greater returns? Do you really love Him?

ACTION POINT:
Pray that God will cause your nation to make progress in every sector.

HYMN 1:
1. My faith looks up to Thee,
Thou Lamb of Calvary,
Savior divine!
Now hear me while I pray,
Take all my guilt away,
Oh, let me from this day
Be wholly Thine!

2. May Thy rich grace impart
Strength to my fainting heart,
My zeal inspire!
As Thou hast died for me,
Oh, may my love to Thee
Pure, warm, and changeless be,
A living fire!

3. While life’s dark maze I tread,
And griefs around me spread,
Be Thou my guide;
Bid darkness turn to day,
Wipe sorrow’s tears away,
Nor let me ever stray
From Thee aside.

4. When ends life’s transient dream,
When death’s cold, sullen stream
Shall o’er me roll;
Blest Savior, then in love,
Fear and distrust remove;
Oh, bear me safe above,
A ransomed soul!
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by Julivas(m): 6:29pm On Nov 06, 2017

TUESDAY 7TH NOVEMBER, 2017

SEEING JESUS PURIFIES

MEMORISE:
And he shall sit as a refiner and purifier of silver: and he shall purify the sons of Levi, and purge them as gold and silver, that they may offer unto the Lord an offering in righteousness. Malachi 3:3

READ:
2 Corinthians 3:15-18

BIBLE IN ONE YEAR:
Job 5-8 & Joel 1

When you see Jesus, everything blocking your vision will give way. At the time I came into ministry, we served God selflessly. Nobody had to promise any of us a house, car, position or title. We just loved God and we were ready to serve Him no matter the cost. We were ready to take the shame and suffering that came along with our service. Furthermore, when we suffered, we did not grumble or complain because our focus was on Jesus. This is where our focus should also be today. In Mark 10:17-22, a young man came to Jesus to find out what he needed to do in order to make Heaven. The Lord told him to go and sell all that he had and give to the poor, and then he should take up his cross and follow Him. This was too much for him to bear, and so he went away grieved. He thought he had met all the requirements but the Lord told him what he lacked which he never knew of. Beloved, when you see Jesus, you will realize what is lacking in your life that you never thought about. When you see Jesus, you will be able to see yourself more clearly and deeply. Jesus is the mirror through which you see yourself for who you really are.
“But we are all as an unclean thing, and all our righteousnesses are as filthy rags; and we all do fade as a leaf; and our iniquities, like the wind, have taken us away.” Isaiah 64:6
It was after Isaiah saw the Lord that he realized he had been inviting God’s judgment on himself as well as on the people. He did not know that his lips, which he thought anointed, were also unclean (Isaiah 6:1-7). He saw his true picture and he cried out to God for help. When you see the Lord, it will change your prayer point, and you will begin to pray more appropriately. Isaiah cried for help and God sent an angel to touch his lips with a coal of fire from the altar to purify his lips. Malachi 3:2-a3 says the sons of Levi must be purified by fire. This is why servants of God should not be afraid of trials. When you go through trying times, it is likely that God wants you to be purified. He wants to take out the dirt and anything that will not allow you to truly manifest the grace of God that is upon your life. It takes you seeing Jesus to know how dirty or unclean you really are. Seeing your true state through Him will motivate you to call on Him for help.

KEY POINT
Looking at Jesus, the perfect eternal mirror makes you see yourself in the realities of eternity.

HYMN 6:
1. Deeper, deeper in the love of Jesus
Daily let me go;
Higher, higher in the school of wisdom,
More of grace to know.

Refrain:
Oh, deeper yet, I pray,
And higher every day,
And wiser, blessed Lord,
In Thy precious, holy Word.

2. Deeper, deeper, blessed Holy Spirit,
Take me deeper still,
Till my life is wholly lost in Jesus,
And His perfect will.
[Refrain]

3. Deeper, deeper! though it cost hard trials,
Deeper let me go!
Rooted in the holy love of Jesus,
Let me fruitful grow.
[Refrain]

4. Deeper, higher, every day in Jesus,
Till all conflict past,
Finds me conqu’ror, and in His own image
Perfected at last.
[Refrain]

5. Deeper, deeper in the faith of Jesus,
Holy faith and true;
In His pow’r and soul exulting wisdom
Let me peace pursue.
[Refrain]
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by Nobody: 9:36am On Nov 07, 2017
Julivas,
Is this the Christian chat group you were asked to be the coordinator for....or is it a different group on Whatsapp?
You never really told me about it....and you never invited me....
Was wondering about that...

Also....did you get the laptop that you were asking me to purchase for you in the states?
Were you able to find someone to purchase it for you?
You said you would be returning to school this week....and you needed it.
Was wondering how everything turned out?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by Julivas(m): 1:57pm On Nov 07, 2017
MsNgo40:
Julivas,
Is this the Christian chat group you were asked to be the coordinator for....or is it a different group on Whatsapp?
You never really told me about it....and you never invited me....
Was wondering about that...

Also....did you get the laptop that you were asking me to purchase for you in the states?
Were you able to find someone to purchase it for you?
You said you would be returning to school this week....and you needed it.
Was wondering how everything turned out?
No ma, it's a whatsapp group.
Everything is turning out well by God's grace.
Thanks for your concern
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by Julivas(m): 8:08pm On Nov 07, 2017

WEDNESDAY 8TH NOVEMBER, 2017

WHEN THE BEST COMES LAST

MEMORISE:
But many that are first shall be last; and the last shall be first. Matthew 19:30

READ:
Genesis 1:26-31

BIBLE IN ONE YEAR:
Job 9-12 & Joel 2:1-17

A look at the creation story as recorded in Genesis Chapter 1 shows that man, the most important of God’s creation, was created on the sixth day. He was the last of God’s creation, even though he was the most significant. After man was created, God then rested from His work. One vital lesson here is that being first may not always mean being the most important, while being the last may not always mean that you’re the least important. Further reinforcing this truth, Jesus said:
“And, behold, there are last which shall be first, and there are first which shall be last.” Luke 13:30
This is good news to us all. Are you the last child of your family and consequently you’ve believed yourself to be the least? You are simply short-changing yourself! Joseph was the 11th of 12 brothers but he was the one who became a father to them all. Concerning Joseph, it is written:
“And his brethren also went and fell down before his face; and they said, Behold, we be thy servants.” Genesis 50:18
There are many children who were born last in their families that are presently graced with the gift of becoming the light that every other member of their families looks up to. From today, you will come to the limelight in Jesus’ Name! The lord will lift you up. However, you need to drop every faulty mindset you have now.
Moreover, another lesson here is that God can reserve the best for the last. When men exhausted all their efforts and failed, God can show up and intervene in that particular situation. At the marriage feast in Cana of Galilee, Jesus waited for the wine to run out before He supplied a more superior wine (John 2:1-10). Sometimes when God wants to assist us in certain situations, we shove Him aside, telling Him we are mature and can help ourselves. He therefore steps aside and allows us to exhaust our abilities. If you are wise, you will agree with God early enough so that you do not have to waste so much effort in the long run. Yes, you can have the best towards the end! Indeed, do you know that God has reserved the prosperity of some people till they are in their late forties and above? Probably because He wants them to first mature spiritually, mentally and physically, knowing that after maturing, such people will be able to easily cooperate with Him over how He wants the blessing used. Whatever stage your life may be in right now, don’t discount yourself. It’s not over until God says so.

KEY POINT:
Whether you arrive now or later, what is important is that you manifest at your appointed time.

HYMN 3:
1. O Lord my God, when I in awesome wonder,
Consider all the worlds Thy hands have made;
I see the stars, I hear the rolling thunder,
Thy power throughout the universe displayed.

Chorus:
Then sings my soul, my Savior God, to Thee,
How great Thou art! How great Thou art!
Then sings my soul, My Savior God, to Thee,

2. When through the woods, and forest glades I wander,
And hear the birds sing sweetly in the trees.
When I look down, from lofty mountain grandeur
And hear the brook, and feel the gentle breeze.
[Chorus]

3. And when I think, that God, His Son not sparing;
Sent Him to die, I scarce can take it in;
That on the cross, my burden gladly bearing,
He bled and died to take away my sin.
[Chorus]

4. When Christ shall come, with shout of acclamation,
And take me home, what joy shall fill my heart.
Then shall I bow, in humble adoration,
And then proclaim, "My God, how great Thou art!"
[Chorus]
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by Jaymaestro(m): 9:38pm On Nov 07, 2017
who knows the route to the bonnke crusade from Ibadan
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by Oluwatobiloba56: 10:54pm On Nov 07, 2017
Gospel music singer T.glorious releases a new single Album titled Emi orun soro which means [Holy spirit speak] in English language.
Emi orun soro is a wonderful song that tells about the goodness of the almighty, it also describe the wonderful works of God.
T.glorious hails from kwara state. He his a great praise and worship leader who is deep and passionate in giving God that which he really loves.

Please kindly hit the link below to download:

https://www.tee-bright.ml/2017/10/music-tglorious-emi-orun-soro-full-album.html

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by Julivas(m): 7:23pm On Nov 08, 2017

THURSDAY 9TH NOVEMBER, 2017

YOU WILL FACE MOCKERS.

MEMORISE:
And the sons of the prophets that were at Bethel came forth to Elisha, and said unto him, Knowest thou that the Lord will take away thy master from thy head to day? And he said, Yea, I know it; hold ye your peace. 2Kings 2:3

READ:
2Kings 2:1-3

BIBLE IN ONE YEAR:
Job 13-16 & Joel 2:18-32

God allows you to go through test before giving a prize. Unfortunately, some people do well for a while, but when it comes to the crucial tests of life, they fail. May you never fail in the tests of life in Jesus’ Name! One lesson that is evident in today’s Bible reading is that to get to your higher glory, you may meet with discouragers, mockers, and dream killers. Even the Lord Jesus Christ faced mockers in His own family. Most members of His family did not even believe in Him until after His resurrection (John 7:5, Acts 1:14). In John 7:4, they scoffed at Him saying:
“For there is no man that doeth any thing in secret, and he himself seeketh to be known openly. If thou do these things, shew thyself to the world.”
Some people will not want you to dare that great height because they have tried it several times and failed. They cannot stand you achieving what they could not achieve. Some others will mock you just to discourage you and weaken your faith. Beloved, a lot of the distractions you will encounter from people on your way to the higher glory God has for you will be borne out of envy. Just look at what Elisha went through with the sons of the prophets on his way to his promotion. Regardless of their motives, every ministry of discouragers and mockers organized against the fulfillment of your destiny shall fail and be completely frustrated this season!
Moreover, it is glaring that there is so much work to be done for you to enter your higher glory. In other words, higher glory is not meant for everyone. It is especially not for the idle or lazy folks. It is not for procrastinators. Higher glory is not for wishful thinkers. It is for those who are diligent. It is for those who work extra hard, those who can burn the midnight oil. It is for those who can make sacrifices and be focused on the set goal until it is realized. Are you prepared for this? I pray that you will be successful in all the assignments you need to perform in order to enter your greater glory in Jesus’ Name! It is not just enough to work hard: you must also be ready and be able to take up more or higher responsibilities. Some people limit themselves in this area. Are you capable of handling higher assignments? If you are wise, while you are on a particular level, you can open yourself to learn more things – particularly those things above your current level. You must be teachable. Are you willing to learn?

KEY POINT:
Learning should be continuous. After graduating from formal school, you should enrol yourself in the school of self-development.

HYMN 7:

Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by Julivas(m): 7:54pm On Nov 09, 2017

FRIDAY 10TH NOVEMBER, 2017

LOSING A DEAL.

MEMORISE:
And they shall go into the holes of the rocks, and into the caves of the earth, for fear of the Lord, and for the glory of his majesty, when he ariseth to shake terribly the earth. Isaiah 2:19

READ:
Isaiah 2:18-22

BIBLE IN ONE YEAR:
Job 17-20 & Joel 3

The Almighty God is not only a God of love and mercy but also a God to be feared. One reason why you ought to fear Him is that He can not only bless you, but He can also turn your blessing into a curse. In Malachi 2:2, something went amiss among the priest and God had this to say:
“If ye will not hear, and if ye will not lay it to heart, to give glory unto my name, saith the Lord of hosts, I will even send a curse upon you, and I will curse your blessings: yea, I have cursed them already, because ye do not lay it to heart.”
When you refuse to ascribe to God the glory due to His Name, or when you do not use the blessing God has given you to glorify Him, you may be provoking Him to turn that blessing into a curse. May God not curse your blessings in Jesus’ Name! This is why you must do all that is within your power to obey God always.
Many years ago, a young man came to me saying he needed a major breakthrough. Then I asked him, “will you serve the Lord?” He chorused with enthusiasm, “I will serve Him!” so I told the Lord, “Almighty God, see this young, zealous man who is ready to serve you. Please bless him. “Some days later, he returned to me with excitement and said, “Sir, my landlord has a house with 13 flats for sale. He says I can sell the property for any price; all he is asking me to give him is a particular amount that is less than half its worth!” So I said to him, “Congratulations! Your breakthrough has come at last. How many flats are there again?” “Thirteen”, he replied. Then I said to him, “That means you will give one flat to the God as your tithe.” At this, he got angry and said, “This is the trouble with you pastors! This is the reason why people should not even share their testimonies with you!” So I asked him to forgive me. He said “this is my very first breakthrough”, and I replied, “I am sorry sir”, and he left. He thereafter sold the house to a prospective buyer, and he took the amount he earlier agreed with the landlord to him. The landlord looked at him strangely and said, “Which house did you sell?” “The house at plot so and so sir”, he replied. The landlord said to him, “Did I ever ask you to sell that house?” “Yes sir, you did, and you asked me to bring so much for it”, he replied. The landlord then yelled, “You think you can use black magic on me, right? If you don’t leave here now, both you and your witchdoctor will face the music! “The young man returned to me, saying he was now ready to do what I asked, but I said to him, “Leave me out of this. It is strictly between you and God. Go and settle with Him. “Are you prepared to honour God with the blessings He has given you?

KEY POINT:
God has had to shut some doors because the beneficiaries were not ready to do what He wanted them to do with the open doors.

HYMN 3:

Chorus:
Then sings my soul, my Saviour God, to Thee,
Then sings my soul, My Saviour God, to Thee,

[Chorus]

[Chorus]

[Chorus]

1 Like

Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by Julivas(m): 7:35pm On Nov 10, 2017
OPEN HEAVENS BY PST.ENOCH. A. ADEBOYE

SATURDAY 11TH NOVEMBER, 2017

WOUNDS LEAVE THEIR SCARS

MEMORISE:
If any man defile the temple of God, him shall God destroy; for the temple of God is holy, which temple ye are. 1 Corinthians 3:17

READ:
1 Corinthians 3:16-17
16 Know ye not that ye are the temple of God, and that the Spirit of God dwelleth in you?
17 If any man defile the temple of God, him shall God destroy; for the temple of God is holy, which temple ye are.

BIBLE IN ONE YEAR:
Job 21-24 & Amos 1:1-2:3

God is both the God of love and a consuming fire (1 John 4:8, Hebrews 12:29). He is extreme in His love for mankind, and He can also be extreme in His judgment. This is why you must never take Him for granted. All over the world, there is a resurgence in the doctrine of eternal security. This doctrine says that once you are saved, no matter what you do, your salvation is forever intact. This is one of the deceptive pills that the devil uses to drown souls forever in Hell in these last days. You shall not fall victim to this in Jesus’ Name!
Today, many people are not taking the totality of God’s word into consideration while interpreting scriptures that talk about God’s grace. Such people believe that grace is devoid of responsibility. Ephesians 2:8 says we are saved by grace through faith in Jesus Christ, and I am in total agreement with this. Also 1 Corinthians 15:10 says that whatever we are and whatever we become is by the grace of God, and I also totally agree with this. But beyond these, some people further believe that works are not necessary any more or else it won’t be grace. This is a lie! Philippians 2:12 says after being saved by grace, you must work out your salvation with fear and trembling. Did 2 Timothy 2:22 not command us to flee from youthful lust? In fact, 1 Corinthians 3:17 says,
“If any man defile the temple of God, him shall God destroy; for the temple of God is holy, which temple ye are.”
In other words, after being saved, you become a holy temple for God to dwell in. If you then go back to sin, God will bring His judgment on you. This too was written by the apostle of grace.
Beloved, never play with sin! Don’t joke with backsliding! Wounds can heal but the scars would remain as a reminder. The scarred flesh is never like the original. A scar is a dent on the body. It disfigures and distorts the fine form and beauty of the body. If you have a scar somewhere on your body and somebody looks at you there, the scar will be the very first thing they will see. When the prodigal son returned home, he was well received, and a feast was held in his honour, but he had lost his inheritance! He returned as a disenchanted son. After David sinned with Bathsheba and killed her husband, he later realized his evil, confessed it and was forgiven and restored to full fellowship with God; yet, the sword never departed from his house ever since! You can avoid scars! Live right before God and obey Him in all you do, and He will guide you to avoid the pits the devil has dug to orchestrate your fall.

KEY POINT:
Foolish people bring avoidable and unnecessary sufferings on themselves. Father, please give me a wise heart to avoid pitfalls.

HYMN 11:
1. I have decided to follow Jesus;
I have decided to follow Jesus;
I have decided to follow Jesus;
No turning back, no turning back.

2. Though none go with me, I still will follow;
Though none go with me, I still will follow;
Though none go with me, I still will follow

3. My cross I’ll carry, till I see Jesus;
My cross I’ll carry, till I see Jesus;
My cross I’ll carry, till I see Jesus;

4. The world behind me, the cross before me;
The world behind me, the cross before me;
The world behind me, the cross before me;
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by Julivas(m): 7:51pm On Nov 11, 2017

SUNDAY 12TH NOVEMBER, 2017

DOES OUR WORSHIP BENEFIT GOD?

MEMORISE:
I will call upon the LORD, who is worthy to be praised: so shall I be saved from my enemies. Psalm 18:3

READ:
Revelation 5:11-13

BIBLE IN ONE YEAR:
Job 25-29 & Amos 2:4-3:2

Giving is a common and crucial activity that every serious minded believer in Christ should regularly engage in. The wise believer would hear this and flow with it, but those who think they are “smart” will hear and ignore it to their own undoing. Luke 6:38 says that you should give and it shall be given to you. Have you ever asked yourself who benefits when you give to God? Can you make God richer by giving to the Owner of the universe? Can you add to the Owner of silver and gold by giving to Him? Everything you have, you received from Him (1 Corinthians 4:7). You are the one who gains from giving to God. When you refuse to give, who loses? The Holy Spirit answers that question in Proverbs 11:24:
“There is that scattereth, and yet increaseth; and there is that withholdeth more than is meet, but it tendeth to poverty.”
If you fail to give, you are the one who loses. Your giving determines how far you go in life. Overflowing abundance is a product of sacrificial giving. If you have been sowing sacrificially to God and His Kingdom but you have not yet reached the level of swimming in abundance, you should be celebrated. Why? It is because you are not likely to die until God pays you back in full. The One who said we should owe no man cannot afford to owe you.
Moreover, when you praise God, who gains? Can your praise add to Him in reality? In Psalm 18:1-3, David said several things about who God was to him. He said God is worthy to be praised, because he realized that when he praised God, he got delivered from his enemies. In other words, refusing to praise God would have resulted in him becoming a casualty in the hands of his enemies. So who loses if you refuse to praise God? Today’s Bible reading talks about God’s mass choir in Heaven. It says the size is something like 100 trillion. If God has such a great choir of angels and saved souls worshiping Him, what difference will adding or subtracting your voice from it make? Do you think that God will miss your voice? Therefore, who gains from worshiping and praising God? It is you! Every time God demands that we give something to Him, it is for our own good and not His. Only the fellow who wants to deceive himself or herself will think otherwise.

ACTION POINT:
Serve and worship God because your life, joy and peace depend on it.

HYMN 3:

Chorus:
Then sings my soul, my Saviour God, to Thee,
Then sings my soul, My Saviour God, to Thee,

[Chorus]

[Chorus]

[Chorus]
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by Udochukwu96(m): 7:53am On Nov 12, 2017
For Born again Christian Youths

* Celibate till marriage
* meet other Christians
* Share ideas
* Share the word
* Get encouraged
* Stand out
* Stand against the world
* Get into Godly conversations

Follow this link to join my WhatsApp group: https:///C17nFRd43Ae1qYDRqqWnQP

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by Syphonn(m): 10:12am On Nov 12, 2017
WHAT DO YOU CONSIDER AS A CHURCH
In the Bible, the word the christian church is a translation of the Greek word ekklesia, which means “a calling.” It never refers to a building or meeting place, but always to people, to the “calls” of the world society by God. calling them to His service.

The Christian Church of the Bible is not a cold and stone building, but a group of warm and loving people specially chosen by God.

Read more: http://www.busygisting.com/what-do-you-consider-as-the-church-the-congregation-or-the-physical-building/
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by Julivas(m): 5:31pm On Nov 12, 2017

MONDAY 13TH NOVEMBER, 2017

THEME: FASTING PREPARES THE GROUND

MEMORISE:
And when they had fasted and prayed, and laid their hands on them, they sent them away.
Acts 13:3

READ:
Acts 13:1-3

BIBLE IN ONE YEAR:
Job 30-32 & Amos 3:3-4:3

MESSSAGE:
Just before He began His earthly ministry, our Lord Jesus Christ embarked on a 40-day fast. According to Matthew 4:1-2, He was led by the Holy Spirit into this exercise. Do you allow the Holy Spirit to lead you? Has He ever led you to do some fasting before? If He has, did you simply obey Him, or did you make excuses as to why you couldn’t fast? From the experience of the Lord Jesus Christ, we can see that fasting is necessary to equip us for the work of the ministry. When God commits a specific assignment into your hands, do you make out time to seek His face through fasting and prayer, or do you just jump into the assignment without necessarily seeking His direction, assistance, wisdom, protection and grace to succeed on the assignment? If you seek Him for assistance, it shows you realize your limitations and recognize that it is only through His power you can succeed in the assignment. In any case, Jesus clearly told us that we cannot do anything the way it should be done without Him (John 15:5). If we fail to seek His face, it shows we have confidence in ourselves, believing that we do not need Him to help us on the job. Beloved, you cannot do any divine assignment the way you are expected to do it without the backing of the One who sent you. From today, never embark on any assignment, be it spiritual or secular, without seeking God’s face in fasting and prayer!
In addition, when people are being prepared for the work of the ministry, prayer and fasting are needed to equip them spiritually. This was practiced in the early church. Acts 13:3 says,
“And when they had fasted and prayed, and laid their hands on them, they sent them away.”
When some prophets and teachers gathered themselves together to minister to God, the Holy Spirit selected Paul and Barnabas from their midst, to take the gospel to other nations. What did they do after this? They took time to pray and fast with them before releasing them to go and do the work. Even today, fasting is still needed to equip the various levels of the Church workforce. From the level of foundational classes for young converts and above, we should encourage praying and fasting as a means of equipping the saints for the assignments ahead of them.

ACTION POINT:
Any good thing that you are to embark on must first be subjected to prayer and fasting.

HYMN 14:
1. Take my life and let it be
Consecrated, Lord, to Thee.
Take my moments and my days,
Let them flow in endless praise.

2. Take my hands and let them move
At the impulse of Thy love.
Take my feet and let them be
Swift and beautiful for Thee.

3. Take my voice and let me sing,
Always, only for my King.
Take my lips and let them be
Filled with messages from Thee.

4. Take my silver and my gold,
Not a mite would I withhold.
Take my intellect and use
Every pow’r as Thou shalt choose.

5. Take my will and make it Thine,
It shall be no longer mine.
Take my heart, it is Thine own,
It shall be Thy royal throne.

6. Take my love, my Lord, I pour
At Thy feet its treasure store.
Take myself and I will be
Ever, only, all for Thee.
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by Julivas(m): 6:47pm On Nov 13, 2017

TUESDAY 14TH NOVEMBER, 2017

VESSELS: HOW PREPARED?

MEMORISE:
If a man therefore purge himself from these, he shall be a vessel unto honour, sanctified, and meet for the master's use, and prepared unto every good work.
2 Timothy 2:21

READ:
2 Timothy 2:19-21

BIBLE IN ONE YEAR:
Job 33-35 & Amos 4:4-13

In Isaiah 6:1-8, Isaiah saw the Lord and this opened his eyes to see himself the way he truly was before God. As the brightness of God’s presence illuminated every aspect of his life, he had no choice but to seek divine assistance, and as he cried for help, God sent an angel to purify his unclean lips with a coal of fire. When you see Jesus, you will become a candidate for purification. Purification is essential because without being purged by God, your fruitfulness will be hampered (John 15:2). In other words, the more God refines you, the more likely He will use you for greater works. Many of us quote John 14:12 and claim that because we believe in Jesus, we automatically qualify for greater works. However, the truth is, there can be no greater works without divine refinement. God does not use unclean vessels for His work. If He has chosen you for an assignment and you come to the realization of how unfit you are for the work, it is because He wants you to be challenged, and He also wants you to ask for His purging and cleansing.
“But in a great house there are not only vessels of gold and of silver, but also of wood and of earth; and some to honour, and some to dishonour.” 2 Timothy 2:20
It is not enough to be a vessel unto God. You should ensure that you are a vessel for honourable purposes. Beyond this, 2 Timothy 2:21 tells us that being purified is crucial to being used of God, and that although God may have His ways of purifying us, we also have a personal responsibility to purge ourselves. You have to put considerable effort to purge yourself. Those carnal habits you have must go! Little lies must go! Get rid of hypocrisy! Fruitlessness in soul-winning must go! The more you purge yourself, the more you will be a candidate for more and greater works. Don’t ever think that there is no more work to be done in the Kingdom. There is so much work yet to be done, and although the labourers are increasing in number, those purified and set apart for God’s use are few. Are you prepared to make yourself ready for God’s use? There are a few believers who have purged themselves and are prepared for any assignment God has for them; God will use such vessels to do just about anything, even as He bypasses many other vessels that are not pure enough for His use. Do all you can to be a pure and prepared vessel for God!

KEY POINT:
Purity makes a vessel usable for any assignment.

HYMN 6:
1. Deeper, deeper in the love of Jesus
Daily let me go;
Higher, higher in the school of wisdom,
More of grace to know.

Refrain:
Oh, deeper yet, I pray,
And higher every day,
And wiser, blessed Lord,
In Thy precious, holy Word.

2. Deeper, deeper, blessed Holy Spirit,
Take me deeper still,
Till my life is wholly lost in Jesus,
And His perfect will.
Refrain:

3. Deeper, deeper! though it cost hard trials,
Deeper let me go!
Rooted in the holy love of Jesus,
Let me fruitful grow.
Refrain:

4. Deeper, higher, every day in Jesus,
Till all conflict past,
Finds me conqu’ror, and in His own image
Perfected at last.
Refrain:

5. Deeper, deeper in the faith of Jesus,
Holy faith and true;
In His pow’r and soul exulting wisdom
Let me peace pursue.
Refrain:

1 Like

Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by Julivas(m): 6:25pm On Nov 14, 2017

WEDNESDAY 15TH NOVEMBER, 2017

TIME FOR CONSULTATION

MEMORISE:
And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth.
Genesis 1:26

READ:
Genesis 1:26-27
26 And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth.
27 So God created man in his own image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them.

BIBLE IN ONE YEAR:
Job 36-38 & Amos 5:1-17

From the creation story, the fact that man was the last of God’s creation, though he is the most significant, indicates that God can give you the very best at the end. From this we understand that the end of believers is glorious. No wonder Ecclesiastes 7:8 says,
“Better is the end of a thing than the beginning thereof: and the patient in spirit is better than the proud in spirit.”
You might have started on a shaky note, but I want to assure you that you will end up being well established. Your faith may be very weak now, but it will become great faith at the end. Never judge your future by the limitation of your present! God will help you overcome those obstacles and limitations, and He will safely take you to your glorious end. Indeed, Job 8:7 says you might have started small but you will end with great increase, provided you sustain a blossoming relationship with God.
In addition, we observe from the account of creation in Genesis chapter 1 that when God was making all other things, He did not call a council meeting, but when it came to the creation of man, a council meeting of the Godhead was called. They all had to be in agreement for man to be created. The implication of this is that to get the best from God, man must be in total unity and alignment with Him. Also, we will be wise to follow the pattern demonstrated by the Godhead in all our decisions. Some issues are more sensitive and volatile than others. There is a time to take a unilateral decision on issues, and there is also a time to consult widely and take a joint decision. Lastly, when it comes to the issue of human management, you would need to go to God for help. Why? Human beings are the most difficult resources to handle. They are very diverse in thought, knowledge and understanding, and so their responses to issues are so divergent and vast. Human beings are also unreliable; it’s no wonder, Jesus did not commit Himself to any man. John 2:24-25 says,
“But Jesus did not commit himself unto them, because he knew all men, And needed not that any should testify of man: for he knew what was in man.”
If you will succeed in leading men and women, you must involve God to a large extent. How well are you managing fellow men?

KEY POINT:
To effectively lead men, you must be connected to the One who made man.

HYMN 9:
1. On a hill far away stood an old rugged cross,
The emblem of suff’ring and shame;
And I love that old cross where the Dearest and Best
For a world of lost sinners was slain.

Refrain:
So I’ll cherish the old rugged cross,
Till my trophies at last I lay down;
I will cling to the old rugged cross,
And exchange it someday for a crown.

2. Oh, that old rugged cross, so despised by the world,
Has a wondrous attraction for me;
For the dear Lamb of God left His glory above
To bear it to dark Calvary.
Refrain:

3. In that old rugged cross, stained with blood so divine,
A wondrous beauty I see,
For ’twas on that old cross Jesus suffered and died,
To pardon and sanctify me.
Refrain:

4. To the old rugged cross I will ever be true;
Its shame and reproach gladly bear;
Then He’ll call me someday to my home far away,
Where His glory forever I’ll share.
Refrain:
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by Nobody: 10:10am On Nov 15, 2017
I am a christian but I will never deny that Nigeria is a Muslim country. Nigeria is not a secular state. Nigeria is not a two religion state. Nigeria is a Muslim State. And it is because Nigerian Christians are generally an ignorant bunch. Including CAN and PFN.

The Nigerian Christian fights over who has bought a new private jet or whether a school built by a church is too expensive or whether we should pay tithe while we leave the government who has been collecting our taxes since 1960 with nothing to show for it.

On the other hand Muslims are more interested in political and military power. They know that once they have those two powers then they have the country. Almost all the oil wells located in the South are owned by Northern Muslims. With all due respect, in my opinion, a muslim in the South is just deceiving himself. The North does not regard them as true muslims. I stand to be corrected though.

Read Full article here
https://africanstoriess..com.ng/2017/11/articlenigeria-is-muslim-country-by.html

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by Julivas(m): 7:42pm On Nov 15, 2017
THURSDAY 16TH NOVEMBER, 2017
FULFILLING DESTINY
MEMORISE:
The fear of the Lord
prolongeth days: but the years of the wicked shall be shortened. Proverbs 10:27
READ:
Ephesians 1:3-6
BIBLE IN ONE YEAR:
Job 39-42 & Amos 5:18-6:14
If you are born again, you can connect with God’s destiny for your life. God has a plan for every human being He has made, but those who refuse to receive His Lordship will be unable to connect to His plan and purpose for their lives. In other words, sin is a separator that can disconnect the sinner from his or her God-given destiny. One truth you must recognize however is that the fulfillment of your destiny is in God’s hands and also in your hands. To this end, Proverbs 10:27 says,
“The fear of the Lord prolongeth days: but the years of the wicked shall be shortened.”
Although you have a specific number of years allotted to you on earth, your ability to fear God, obey him and make Him happy will not only help you to fulfill your years, these can also help you to increase the number of your years, just as it happened to King Hezekiah (2 Kings 20:5-6). In contrast, if you decide to live recklessly, the number of your years can be cut short (Psalm 34:16). The implication of this is that you can shorten or lengthen your years on earth depending on how you live your life.
Long before the foundation of this world was laid, God had chosen us in Christ (Ephesians 1:4). No wonder Jeremiah was told by the Lord that what he would become on earth had already been decided before he was born (Jeremiah 1:4-5). Do not however misconstrue God’s plan for you. According to Jeremiah 29:11, He has beautiful plans for you. These plans include your shinning as light and bringing healing to your world as salt of the earth (Matthew 5:13-16). Believe it or not, part of His plan is for you to continue from where He stopped on earth in relation to his miraculous works (John 14:12). Furthermore, some level of monetary suffering is allowed for you as part of His plans (1 Peter 2:21). In fact, if you will be glorified with Christ, you must be prepared to also suffer with him (2 Timothy 2:12). It is also part of God’s plan for you to be a joint-heir with Jesus Christ (Romans 8:17). This means that you are not as you think you are. Everything God has belongs to Jesus Christ, and you are a co-heir to that inheritance (John 16:15). Apart from these, it is part of our destiny to forever live with Jesus in all eternity (John 14:3). Having known all these truths, it is important for you to daily thank God for His glorious plans for you and live your life in consonance with divine destiny in Christ.
PRAYER POINT:
Father, let every good thing that is part of my destiny begin to manifest in my life from today!
HYMN 7:

(1) (2) (3) ... (625) (626) (627) (628) (629) (630) (631) ... (787) (Reply)

Higher Everyday — Count The Cost Then Follow / Christ Embassy's New Social Website / Yookos.com – Christ Embassy’s Social Networking Site.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 224
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.