Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,088 members, 7,821,761 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 06:00 PM

The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) - Religion (767) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) (835082 Views)

The Satanic Chatbox. Everybody Is Welcome / The Non-Christian Chatbox ( sticky ) / Christian's Chatbox Game/Party Night - May 4th@ 10pm Gmt -ALL CHRISTIANS INVITED (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (764) (765) (766) (767) (768) (769) (770) ... (787) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by ochibuogwu5: 8:11am On May 23, 2022
Mark 1:14 Now after that John was put in prison, Jesus came into Galilee, preaching the gospel of the kingdom of God, 1:15 And saying, The time is fulfilled, and the kingdom of God is at hand: repent ye, and believe the gospel.
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by ochibuogwu5: 8:11am On May 23, 2022
Luke 9:23 And he said to them all, If any man will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross daily, and follow me. 9:24 For whosoever will save his life shall lose it: but whosoever will lose his life for my sake, the same shall save it.
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by ochibuogwu5: 8:21am On May 23, 2022
Titus 2:11 For the grace of God that bringeth salvation hath appeared to all men, 2:12 Teaching us that, denying ungodliness and worldly lusts, we should live soberly, righteously, and godly, in this present world;
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by ochibuogwu5: 8:21am On May 23, 2022
"Dear children, we must show love through actions that are sincere, not through empty words." (1 John 3:18 GW)
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by ochibuogwu5: 7:43am On May 24, 2022
Holy Spirit, quicken/prompt/lead us to commune/dialogue/fellowship/call upon the name of the living God(the GOD-HEAD) in spirit and in truth today (24-05-2022) and every fresh second we exist on this earthly realm in Jesus name. Amen.
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by ochibuogwu5: 9:39am On May 24, 2022
John 2:23 Now when he was in Jerusalem at the passover, in the feast day, many believed in his name, when they saw the miracles which he did. 2:24 But Jesus did not commit himself unto them, because he knew all men, 2:25 And needed not that any should testify of man: for he knew what was in man.
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by Kobojunkie: 1:18pm On May 26, 2022
Benwallt:
1. What is the relevance of baptism to ones faith in Christ and

2. how many of Jesus disciples were baptised?
1. Jesus Christ told you that except a man be born-again- born of water and of spirit - He cannot gain access to the Kingdom of God - John 3 vs 5 - 8. So, water baptism is an essential step in the born-again process. undecided

Also, as John the Baptist clearly explained, baptism by water is for a sign to indicate a changing from the Old way to adopting of the New way - Matthew 3 vs 7 - 11 - where Jesus Christ is the New way you adopt in this case - John 14 vs 3 - 7 undecided

2. Technically, Jesus Christ never asked you to do as His disciples did but instead commanded that you do as He says. So your focus shouldn't ever be on what the disciples did but instead on what the Way, Jesus Christ instead commands. - John 15 vs 14 undecided
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by Kobojunkie: 2:12pm On May 26, 2022
Torimise:
1. The relevance of baptism to ones faith in Christ is that it is an act that conveys a public declaration of that faith(Matthew 28:19, Acts 8:36-38) and it also symbolizes our union with the burial of Christ so that we can be like Him in the likeness of His resurrection(Romans 6:4, Colossians 2:12).

2. Andrew(one of the 12 apostles of Jesus) was a disciple of John the baptist and one of the main focus of the ministry of John the Baptist was baptism unto repentance(Acts 19:4), so it is safe to say he would have been baptized under John's ministry. And some of John the Baptist disciples ended up following Jesus, so we assume those too were baptized. Though it is important you know that John's baptism is not considered as demonstrating faith in Christ, cause the purpose of his baptism was to unveil Christ as the Son of God and the Saviour of mankind(John 1:29-31). So it is tough to ascertain how many of Jesus disciples(in the scriptures) were baptized, cause it is not explicitly stated.
1. That idea is not based on what God relayed of baptisms in His Old Covenant where the idea comes from. John the Baptist, an old Covenant Prophet was chosen to carry out these baptisms for this major reason... it was an Old Testament ritual which God Himself ordained and used for His purpose in the new. According to John, baptisms are instead meant to signify a change from following of the Old way to accepting and following God's New way - Matthew 3 vs 7 - 11, and in Ezekiel 36 vs 25 , God meant it just as John explained, a washing away of the Old. undecided

2. It is safer to claim that all of Jesus Christ's disciples - with the exception of Judas maybe - where at one time baptized this since Jesus Christ Himself commanded baptisms. undecided
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by Kobojunkie: 2:19pm On May 26, 2022
Benwallt:
1. Anything pertaining to ones faith in Christ Jesus is said to be done in a moderate manner to avoid hipocrisy. Since my faith in Christ is personal aside going to church to show I belong to the faith. Do I still need to make public declaration in form of baptism to show I belong to Christ?

2. If John's baptism is not considered as demonstrating faith in Christ, why then do present churches make it look demonic if one choose not to baptise. I see baptism as a further sign of humility a Christian must possess n not an act to be inductrinated In Christendom.
1. Again, Jesus Christ, nor God, ever commanded baptisms as some form of public declaration or whatever that even means. Baptisms are instead signifies, this in obedience to God, your decision to change from following your old ways to instead following God's New Way - Jesus Christ- Matthew 3 vs 7 - 11 undecided

2. Baptism isn't about the doctrines and traditions of men(and their churches) and shouldn't be treated as such. undecided
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by Kobojunkie: 3:12pm On May 26, 2022
AnonDude2004:
1. I got curious about a question our Sunday School teacher asked us at the end of Sunday School this morning. He asked if there were jobs that a Christian shouldn't do. People answered with the obvious. Prostitution, fraud, and all those.

When I got home, a job came to my mind. The job is arms/weapon trading/manufacturing. Those people are only involved in creating the weapons like guns and rockets. Some of them are not even directly involved and just run the company's business, making executive decisions.

2. However, they are aware that it is very likely the guns they create would be used to kill others. Are they responsible for those deaths? Will they go to hell for those deaths?

3. Adding another degree of separation, what about people who invest in those companies, just stock traders, holders and the
like. They aren't directly involved in the company but does that responsibility fall to them too? What if I just buy some shares in a gun company because I want to profit? Will that make me go to hell?

Thank you for reading, everyone. I hope to see your answers.
1. The correct answer to that is actually every job out there. Jesus Christ taught that those who belong to Him should no longer work for food that perishes which is what you get when your work your own jobs or business. He said instead those who believe in Him out instead to work for food that endures to eternity which only He, Jesus Christ, can give to them - John 6 vs 25 - 33. For this reason, all of Jesus Christ's disciples had to abandon their livelihoods in order to follow Him - Matthew 10 vs 34 - 39 undecided

2. As for your question on whether death merchant's aka Arms dealers will go to help, the answer is anyone who claims to believe in Jesus Christ but does not continuously submit to and obey the teachings and commandments of Jesus Christ is sending self to Hell by his refusal. undecided

So, since Jesus Christ commands you no longer work for food that perishes, if you claim to believe in Jesus Christ but chose to continue working for food that perishes, this against His commandment, you chose for yourself Hell instead of Heaven- John 14 vs 15 - 25 undecided

3. Everyone who claims to believe in Jesus Christ yet refusing to do as He, Jesus Christ, has commanded, chooses Hell over Jesus Christ. undecided
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by Kobojunkie: 3:15pm On May 26, 2022
TAYO124:
The Ramadan fast of the Muslim is clearly hypocritical according to the standard of Jesus. Reasons for it :
- It is advertised
- They expect you to greet them about it
- Most Of them already eat early in the morning anyway.
Jesus Christ Himself never told those who believe in Him that what God wants is your starvation diets which you all call fasting. Instead, what God commands you to do is good works as is written in Isaiah 58 [/b]beginning from [b]verse 6 undecided
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by Kobojunkie: 3:18pm On May 26, 2022
chiziking:
Apostle Joshua Selman speaks on why we ought to honour men that have results.

1 Peter 2:17
Honour all men. Love the brotherhood. Fear God. Honour the king.
But what your apostle claims directly contradicts what Peter tells you to do there is the verse you quoted. undecided

In Jesus Christ, you honor ALL men(women and children included) regardless of status, creed, results etc. Because in Christ, all men are to be treated equally. undecided

Stop letting your pastors and mogs fool you with doctrines and traditions that contradict God's own Truth. undecided
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by Preciousgift120(f): 6:33pm On May 26, 2022
smiley
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by ochibuogwu5: 7:55am On May 27, 2022
Please when you have need, the 1st person that you should ask and pray to give you, your provisions is *Abbah Father and God of Our Lord Jesus Christ Crucified* not *me* or *any other human being that have helped you in the past* not *even on your own personal intelligence or financial capacity* because *that is idolatry*. Whoever or whatever *you call 1st to help you in need is your GOD* hence all these persons that I mentioned above including your own self *has become your god and a rival with the true living God* whose *wrath can burn both you and that His rival to clear out His glory*

1 Like

Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by ochibuogwu5: 9:01am On May 27, 2022
*the message here is that your 1st call to your needs should be GOD*, He can choose to instruct you to meet a human being to attend to that need or matter while in most cases, He tells you *do not worry or fear not which most times comes from scriptural passages or inward peace then He goes by Himself to prompt whomever He chooses to bring about such manifestations*

God does this *because He created man to solely depend on HIM* thus Be said *Trust in GOD or Have faith in God (Mark 11:22)*

And
*Accursed is he who places his trust in men* (Jeremiah 17:5)

The *arm of the flesh is VAIN*

Some people came back to Jesus after He previously fed them with bread and He told them, you are not looking for me, to learn of *the life that my Father offers to you through me rather because I gave you bread in the last time* and He encouraged them *to seek out the bread that does not perish which is eternal life and which is relationship with GOD as your 1st point of call for every need both what seems negligible and those that seems substantial*

Idolatry is *the transfer of a human being focus from God towards any other thing or person or circumstances including your own self*

Matthew 15:8 This people draweth nigh unto me with their mouth, and honoureth me with their lips; but their heart is far from me.

"And He(Jesus Christ Crucified) replied to him, You shall love the Lord your God *with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind (intellect).*

38 *This is the great (most important, principal) and first commandment.*

39 And *a second is like it*: You shall love your neighbor as [you do] yourself.

40 These two commandments *sum up and upon them depend all the Law and the Prophets*." (Matthew 22: 37-40 AMPC)
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by ochibuogwu5: 12:05pm On May 27, 2022
Daniel 2:21 And He(the GOD-HEAD; Father, Son and the Holy Spirit) changeth the times and the seasons: *he removeth kings, and setteth up kings:* he giveth wisdom unto the wise, and knowledge to them that know understanding:
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by ochibuogwu5: 11:13pm On May 27, 2022
It is by the mercy of Jesus Christ Crucified that we are not consumed by the wrath of God's justice which our sin both from Adams inherited contamination and our personal lifestyles deserved....
Thank You Abbah Father for not with-holding your most *priceless value (Your Beloved Son; Jesus Christ; Yeshua Hamashiac)* to pay the prize of our eternal redemption on the Cross of Calvary in Jesus name. Amen.

Thank You Jesus Christ; Our Saviour and Redeemer and Lord; *for accepting to serve our eternal punishment in hell-fire while hanging on the Cross of Calvary, once and forever*. Amen.

Thank You Holy Spirit, for revealing this mystery of the gospel of Jesus Christ Crucified to us and immersing us into the fullness of its realities out of all the human being existing in this generation as a people that were shown mercy not by our merit or efforts or righteousness. Amen.
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by donnie(m): 9:24am On May 28, 2022
So besides oil money, nothing remain again? Reason awa pipu wan die put for politics and to dey collect every kind yeye revenue.

But there's hope in YAH. Anytime there's a change of mindset towards truth, righteousness and the prosperity of YAH's people, ideas and grace will flow as blessings from above.

Psalms 1:3-4
[3]And he shall be like a tree planted by the rivers of water, that bringeth forth his fruit in his season; his leaf also shall not wither; and whatsoever he doeth shall prosper.
[4]The ungodly are not so: but are like the chaff which the wind driveth away.

Shabbat Shalom
(Happy shabbat).
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by vreal: 5:40pm On May 29, 2022
Hello Brethren. Does anyone have the contact of a true Man or Woman of God in Freetown Sierraloene? There is an urgent situation. Pls send me dm on whatsapp +2348089214211. God bless you.
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by Auspiman(m): 3:48pm On Jun 01, 2022
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by ochibuogwu5: 7:04am On Jun 02, 2022
Holy Spirit, quicken/prompt/lead/help us to commune/dialogue/fellowship/call upon the name of the living God(the GOD-HEAD) in spirit and in truth today (02-06-2022) and every fresh second we exist on this earthly realm in Jesus name. Amen.
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by WhizdomXX(m): 12:24pm On Jun 02, 2022
HumbledbYGrace:
Its officialy open but let's start with an opening prayer

Heavenly Father, we humbly ask You for, Your blessings on this Post. Please abundantly bless all those, who will post here,to positively influence the lives of others. Anoint those who will share their expertise and resources of knowledge with love and affection for one another as apostle Paul said said in Romans 12vs9-10 Be sure your love is true love.Hate what is sinful,hold onto what is good,love each other as christian brothers and show respect for each other.Guide and protect us against all evil. Please Lord, keep all evil doers, that have bad intentions to discourage Nlanders christian community,away from here. In Jesus' name. Amen!
Amen.
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by mathnike(m): 10:10pm On Jun 02, 2022
I appreciate the creator of this thread and all members of the thread
I am new here and D's my first time of typing something, I will attach a jpeg photo here, anyone who Holy Spirit ministered to should please sow timely. it's not easy to do this but I have to trust and obey. Thanks in anticipation sir/ma

quote author=ochibuogwu5 post=113089200]Luke 9:23 And he said to them all, If any man will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross daily, and follow me. 9:24 For whosoever will save his life shall lose it: but whosoever will lose his life for my sake, the same shall save it.[/quote]

Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by mathnike(m): 10:14pm On Jun 02, 2022
Very deep
ochibuogwu5:
Please when you have need, the 1st person that you should ask and pray to give you, your provisions is *Abbah Father and God of Our Lord Jesus Christ Crucified* not *me* or *any other human being that have helped you in the past* not *even on your own personal intelligence or financial capacity* because *that is idolatry*. Whoever or whatever *you call 1st to help you in need is your GOD* hence all these persons that I mentioned above including your own self *has become your god and a rival with the true living God* whose *wrath can burn both you and that His rival to clear out His glory*
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by blacknoir: 4:36pm On Jun 05, 2022
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by ochibuogwu5: 10:14am On Jun 06, 2022
Please share the gospel of Jesus Christ Crucified with those you claim to love especially the members of your family and friends such that you will not be wishing that they will be accepted into heaven after their biological death while they rejected Jesus by their own choices and lifestyle here on earth......

There is no prayers after a person's biological death that *can change his/her eternal destination of either Heaven or Hell-fire* thus

2 Corinthians 13:5 Examine yourselves, whether ye be in the faith; prove your own selves. Know ye not your own selves, how that Jesus Christ is in you, except ye be reprobates?

John 3:6 That which is born of the flesh is flesh; and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit.

John 8:34 Jesus answered them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Whosoever committeth sin is the servant/slave of sin. 8:35 And the servant/slave abideth not in the house for ever: but the Son abideth ever. 8:36 If the Son therefore shall make you free, ye shall be free indeed.

1 John 3:9 Whosoever is born of God doth not commit sin; for his seed remaineth in him: and he cannot sin, because he is born of God. 3:10 In this the children of God are manifest, and the children of the devil: whosoever doeth not righteousness is not of God, neither he that loveth not his brother.

1 John 1:9 If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness

John 6:37 All that the Father giveth me shall come to me; and him that cometh to me I will in no wise cast out.
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by Newton2024: 7:02pm On Jun 06, 2022
Why has sultan of sokoto, sheik gumi and others refused to condemn Owo church massacre? I think muslim leaders need to do more to let their subjects know that Islam does not surpport Islam'ic terr-orism.
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by ochibuogwu5: 9:02am On Jun 08, 2022
Who is he that says a thing and it comes to pass; if the Lord(the GOD-HEAD) has not spoken and He has declared that "He has set free even the lawful captive of the mighty" because the sacrifice(Christ Jesus Crucified/GOD-HIMSELF) offered for the sin of the lawful-captive is greater than his sin , thus we believe and we declare that Nigeria and Nigerians are set free from the lawful captive of the mighty, hence those who want to drink our blood will drink their own blood and those who want to eat our flesh, will eat their own flesh in Jesus name. Amen.
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by ochibuogwu5: 9:18am On Jun 08, 2022
Newton2024:
Why has sultan of sokoto, sheik gumi and others refused to condemn Owo church massacre? I think muslim leaders need to do more to let their subjects know that Islam does not surpport Islam'ic terr-orism.

Please I beg to differ with you, Islam is *all about human massacre and human blood killing and forceful intimidation of people to join their group and sexual-perversion and looting the wealth of people that they conquer and always on a war to be the superior amongst every other group in any nation of mixed-religion and threats as well as disowning and declaring anyone who departs from there group as a dead person*. Go and read the origin of Islam and Muhammad as it was clearly depicted in the Mecca and Medina slaughter.

If you want to know *the truth and spirit obtainable in any religion or group just review the life, lifestyle, character and personality of the originator of that religion or group*. It is possible to find people who do not manifest fully the spirit in any religion or group because *they do not completely agree with their leaders ideology* but if you want to judge any group or ideology or religion, it is only achievable by the *spirit at work in the leadership or originator of such group*

Scripturally, Islam carries *the spirit of Ishmael*, "...his hand will be against everybody", this is simply *always at war with everyone around them* and that is why till today, their religion is still insisting that it was Ishmael that Abraham wanted to sacrifice on the mountain before God miraculously intervened by showing him a ram near the bush.

Our duty is to pray for them, share the gospel of Jesus Christ Crucified with them and speak out boldly against the inhumane lifestyle enshrined in their beliefs and religious sentiments.

1 Like

Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by Newton2024: 10:49am On Jun 08, 2022
ochibuogwu5:

Please I beg to differ with you, Islam is *all about human massacre and human blood killing and forceful intimidation of people to join their group and sexual-perversion and looting the wealth of people that they conquer and always on a war to be the superior amongst every other group in any nation of mixed-religion and threats as well as disowning and declaring anyone who departs from there group as a dead person*. Go and read the origin of Islam and Muhammad as it was clearly depicted in the Mecca and Medina slaughter.

If you want to know *the truth and spirit obtainable in any religion or group just review the life, lifestyle, character and personality of the originator of that religion or group*. It is possible to find people who do not manifest fully the spirit in any religion or group because *they do not completely agree with their leaders ideology* but if you want to judge any group or ideology or religion, it is only achievable by the *spirit at work in the leadership or originator of such group*

Scripturally, Islam carries *the spirit of Ishmael*, "...his hand will be against everybody", this is simply *always at war with everyone around them* and that is why till today, their religion is still insisting that it was Ishmael that Abraham wanted to sacrifice on the mountain before God miraculously intervened by showing him a ram near the bush.

Our duty is to pray for them, share the gospel of Jesus Christ Crucified with them and speak out boldly against the inhumane lifestyle enshrined in their beliefs and religious sentiments.
I agree with you.
Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by layinkamike(m): 11:52pm On Jun 10, 2022
AUCTION STARTS JUNE 16 - JUNE 23RD @ RUKEN FASHION HOUSE.CLOTHINGS FROM USA & UK ONLY

Re: The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) by ochibuogwu5: 5:40am On Jun 12, 2022
JESUS CHRIST CRUCIFIED;
My LIFE,
My GOD,
My Personal LORD,
My Personal Saviour,
My Redeemer,
My Messiah,
My Christ,
My Mercy,
My Complete Forgiveness from Abbah My Father,
My Fulfilment,
My Satisfaction,
My Holiness,
My Sweetheart,
My Victory,
My Priest,
My King,
My Intercessor,
My Love,
My Sanctification,
My Redemption,
My Righteousness,
My Efficiency,
My Sufficiency,
My Healing,
My Power,
My Authority,
My Boldness,
My Confidence,
My Joy,
My Hope,
My Glory,
My Eternal Life,
My Master,
My Heart-beat,
My Standard for choice-making and thoughts,
MY ALL IN ALL!!!

(1) (2) (3) ... (764) (765) (766) (767) (768) (769) (770) ... (787) (Reply)

Higher Everyday — Demas Was A Disciple / Christ Embassy's New Social Website / Yookos.com – Christ Embassy’s Social Networking Site.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.