Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,814 members, 7,820,876 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 12:13 AM

A Tribute To Ojukwu: One Year Remembrance - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / A Tribute To Ojukwu: One Year Remembrance (9781 Views)

Buhari To Ojukwu’s Mother In A 1984 Cartoon / Ojukwu: A Giant Who Lived For Others - Prof Achebe's Tribute To Ojukwu / GEJ's Tribute To Ojukwu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

A Tribute To Ojukwu: One Year Remembrance by mrLt: 8:36pm On Nov 26, 2012
DIM CHUKWUEMEKA ODUMEGWU OJUKWU (IKEMBA NNEWI):
Today is the one-year anniversary of the death of Ikemba, the greatest Igboman that ever lived. The eternal leader of Igboists and Igbo dum.

THE ULTIMATE FIELD MARSHAL! Agu bata mgbada awara-oso nke ndi Igbo. An immortal, A god....time has been kind to you - history set you free. DIM Ikemba Odimegwu Ojukwu GBURUGBU! Onye isi Okanga.. Agada gbachiri uzo..Dike dina igbo..Agbarusia Ngene Amaghi kuru Ngene..Ochiiiii warrrr ndi igbo..Atakata agbuo 1. Eze Igbo GBURUGBU....

I curtsy and salute you!
Here a man in the fullness of the term 'man'. A full man. A manly man. An unbridled male. An unbroken spirit. The embodiment of the finest values among Igbo. A man of destiny. A man of history. A man who looked reality in the face and punched it on the nose. Great,Fearless, Courageous and Roaring Lion of the tribe of Biafra.....Your Memory is a keepsake from which we will never part.

Igbo wu Igbo ndi oma nwem, Ikuku ekuola oo, Chi ewerela ehihe jie n'ala Igbo, Oke osisi adala umu nnunu eju ohia.
Ikemba Nnewi, OME MGBE IHE SIRI IKE!! Odenigbo Ngwo, Dike n' agha, Mgbo eji egbu agu ndi Igbo, Aha eji
aga mba ndi Igbo, Ebekuo dike of Igboland,Ugwu mba anyi, Aka ekpuchi onwa ndi Igbo,
Ome nke afuru n'anya na ala Igbo, Ogbuefi ndi Igbo, Onwa n'etiri ora ndi Igbo, onye
oma, Owelle ndi Igbo, MY PRESIDENT, EZE IGBO GBURUGBURU!

Great Igboists: Ikemba Igbo is not dead;
those who live, and will live forever in the hearts and lips of their people do not die.
Weep not, Onuma no anyi n'obi, onuma no anyi n'obi, Ojukwu onuma no anyi
n'obi.Onuma no anyi n'obi, onuma no anyi n'obi, Ikemba onuma no anyi n'obi. OKE-DIKE
NDIGBO. EGWU ndi mba. Anya ana-aso Igbo. Laa n'udo.

Umunnem. Rejoice for we had him in our midst, and will continue to have him in our hearts until the end of time.
He set example for me and many on how to be true to the ones we love; how to be men of conviction.
He taught us how to believe in justice, and to fight injustice wherever it reared its ugly head.
He showed us that a true leader must have intellect, and never to accept mediocrity.
Finally, he taught me that to love Ndi Igbo is to love myself.

****THE PHOENIX SHALL RISE AGAIN!!!*****

Via NdiIgbo Page

20 Likes

Re: A Tribute To Ojukwu: One Year Remembrance by mamagee3(f): 8:56pm On Nov 26, 2012
Okay, May his soul rest in peace!!!

1 Like

Re: A Tribute To Ojukwu: One Year Remembrance by geez1: 9:01pm On Nov 26, 2012

RIP to the bravest Igbo man that ran away when it mattered the most

24 Likes

Re: A Tribute To Ojukwu: One Year Remembrance by mrLt: 9:08pm On Nov 26, 2012
geez*:

he who fights and run away...

5 Likes

Re: A Tribute To Ojukwu: One Year Remembrance by geez1: 9:10pm On Nov 26, 2012
mr Lt: he who fights and run away...

...lives never to fight again ... Or did he?

8 Likes

Re: A Tribute To Ojukwu: One Year Remembrance by Nobody: 9:24pm On Nov 26, 2012
Oju-iku can die as many times as possible or better still rot in the bottomless pit of hell.Anyways,rest in pieces . tongue

6 Likes

Re: A Tribute To Ojukwu: One Year Remembrance by Nobody: 9:42pm On Nov 26, 2012
mr Lt: DIM CHUKWUEMEKA ODUMEGWU OJUKWU (IKEMBA NNEWI):
Today is the one-year anniversary of the
death of Ikemba, the greatest Igboman that
ever lived. The eternal leader of Igboists and
Igbo dum.
THE ULTIMATE FIELD MARSHAL! Agu bata
mgbada awara-oso nke ndi Igbo. An
immortal, A god....time has been kind to you -
history set you free. DIM Ikemba Odimegwu
Ojukwu GBURUGBU! Onye isi Okanga.. Agada
gbachiri uzo..Dike dina igbo..Agbarusia
Ngene Amaghi kuru Ngene..Ochiiiii warrrr ndi
igbo..Atakata agbuo 1. Eze Igbo GBURUGBU....I
curtsy and salute you!
Here a man in the fullness of the term 'man'. A
full man. A manly man. An unbridled male. An
unbroken spirit. The embodiment of the
finest values among Igbo. A man of destiny. A
man of history. A man who looked reality in
the face and punched it on the nose. Great,
Fearless, Courageous and Roaring Lion of the
tribe of Biafra.....Your Memory is a keepsake
from which we will never part.
Igbo wu Igbo ndi oma nwem, Ikuku ekuola
oo, Chi ewerela ehihe jie n'ala Igbo, Oke osisi
adala umu nnunu eju ohia. Ikemba Nnewi,
OME MGBE IHE SIRI IKE!! Odenigbo Ngwo, Dike
n' agha, Mgbo eji egbu agu ndi Igbo, Aha eji
aga mba ndi Igbo, Ebekuo dike of Igboland,
Ugwu mba anyi, Aka ekpuchi onwa ndi Igbo,
Ome nke afuru n'anya na ala Igbo, Ogbuefi
ndi Igbo, Onwa n'etiri ora ndi Igbo, onye
oma, Owelle ndi Igbo, MY PRESIDENT, EZE IGBO
GBURUGBURU!
Great Igboists: Ikemba Igbo is not dead;
those who live, and will live forever in the
hearts and lips of their people do not die.
Weep not, Onuma no anyi n'obi, onuma no
anyi n'obi, Ojukwu onuma no anyi
n'obi.Onuma no anyi n'obi, onuma no anyi
n'obi, Ikemba onuma no anyi n'obi. OKE-DIKE
NDIGBO. EGWU ndi mba. Anya ana-aso Igbo.
Laa n'udo.
Umunnem. Rejoice for we had him in our
midst, and will continue to have him in our
hearts until the end of time. He set example
for me and many on how to be true to the
ones we love; how to be a woman of
conviction. He taught us how to believe in
justice, and to fight injustice wherever it
reared its ugly head. He showed us that a true
leader must have intellect, and never to accept
mediocrity. Finally, he taught me that to love
Ndi Igbo is to love myself. ****THE PHOENIX
SHALL RISE AGAIN!!!***** Via NdiIgbo Page

I cannot believe it's already a year
May his brave soul RIP
I am glad that he lived to hear the adherents of one NIgeria also cry out for a divided Nigeria
History has vindicated him
And to think that this man was in his 30's ,with such vision and understanding of the times he lived in and what lay ahead
One Nigeria is a non existent term
Ojukwu said it in 1967 but some people preferred to do boi boi for the core north to kill those who stood up for self preservation.
he was a man
A man's man,wiser than a 56 year old civilian that preferred to do houseboy to a 29 year old undeserving general
I am glad to call him a Hero
revered in life, celebrated and buried like no one in Nigeria has ever been buried perhaps no one will never be buried that way for generations.
God bless Goodluck Jonathan for giving Ojukwu the honor he deserved to the elation of Igbos and the bewilderment of their detractors.
RIP Eze Igbo gburiuru

24 Likes

Re: A Tribute To Ojukwu: One Year Remembrance by dayokanu(m): 10:46pm On Nov 26, 2012
mr Lt: he who fights and run away...

Lives to molest his Goddaughter and die deaf dumb and lonely

8 Likes

Re: A Tribute To Ojukwu: One Year Remembrance by TableLeg(m): 10:50pm On Nov 26, 2012
undecided undecided
Re: A Tribute To Ojukwu: One Year Remembrance by T9ksy(m): 11:06pm On Nov 26, 2012
geez*:

...lives never to fight again ... Or did he?

Yes he did!!!................his manhood (still) lives on...........

3 Likes

Re: A Tribute To Ojukwu: One Year Remembrance by Caracta(f): 1:47am On Nov 27, 2012
Must you guys turn every nice thread into a tribal war? Na wa for Nigerians o. Some men are boys. Smh.

@OP, nice write-up. I'm not Igbo but i love brave and strong men irrespective of their tribe or religion.

14 Likes

Re: A Tribute To Ojukwu: One Year Remembrance by babanaba: 1:55am On Nov 27, 2012
hmmm so many hidden posts...I wonder why

1 Like

Re: A Tribute To Ojukwu: One Year Remembrance by ebamma3: 2:00am On Nov 27, 2012
Caracta: Must you guys turn every nice thread into a tribal war? Na wa for Nigerians o. Some men are boys. Smh.

@OP, nice write-up. I'm not Igbo but i love brave and strong men irrespective of their tribe or religion.
a brave man who runs away from the warfront is called
A)coward
B)Ojukwu
C)Ikemba
D)All of the above

10 Likes

Re: A Tribute To Ojukwu: One Year Remembrance by Nobody: 2:21am On Nov 27, 2012
Caracta: Must you guys turn every nice thread into a tribal war? Na wa for Nigerians o. Some men are boys. Smh.

dende so ike-eba oju-iku na ur definition of brave and strong men abi?
ode ni e oponu ayiradi. mtchewwww

1 Like

Re: A Tribute To Ojukwu: One Year Remembrance by Nobody: 2:21am On Nov 27, 2012
ebamma 3: a brave man who runs away from the warfront is called
A)coward
B)Ojukwu
C)Ikemba
D)All of the above

All of the above!

1 Like

Re: A Tribute To Ojukwu: One Year Remembrance by Nobody: 2:22am On Nov 27, 2012
Must you guys turn every nice thread into a tribal war? Na wa for Nigerians o. Some men are boys. Smh.

(Quote) (Report) 2 Likes (Unlike)

It is most unfortunate that moderators allow this sort of nonsense to perpetuate from thread to thread

3 Likes

Re: A Tribute To Ojukwu: One Year Remembrance by BlackPikiN(m): 2:22am On Nov 27, 2012
geez*:

~Bluetooth:

Oju-iku can die as many times as possible or better still rot in the bottomless pit of hell.Anyways,rest in pieces . tongue

dayokanu:

Lives to molest his Goddaughter and die deaf dumb and lonely

looplat:

You can see how Ojukwu's name woke all these notice-me wanna-be hard men up from the other divide. lol
[size=15pt]No sleep for the wicked.
Ojukwu's name will continue to torment them all the day of their lives.
[/size]

21 Likes

Re: A Tribute To Ojukwu: One Year Remembrance by Nobody: 2:26am On Nov 27, 2012
BlackPikiN:

You can see how Ojukwu's name woke all these notice-me wanna-be hard men up from the other divide. lol
[size=15pt]No sleep for the wicked.
Ojukwu's name will continue to torment them all the day of their lives.
[/size]

These were the very same people that hadn't the liver to denounce Fulanis on a thread in their land,raping their women and killing their men but once you mention Ojukwu they crawl out from behind Iroko trees to talk.if only they knew the impression they give others about their men.It is not a manly impression by any stretch,pretty unfortunate.

23 Likes

Re: A Tribute To Ojukwu: One Year Remembrance by Caracta(f): 2:35am On Nov 27, 2012
looplat:

Excuse me, are you depressed? You must be a very immatured fool to think your opinion should equate to mine. Don't you ever insult me cos i wasn't referring to you. Respect yourself.
N.B: I'm too matured and 'tooshed' to exchange words on a public forum. Silence is my weapon. Peace.

4 Likes

Re: A Tribute To Ojukwu: One Year Remembrance by mejai(m): 3:19am On Nov 27, 2012
To all u haters of OJUKWU, u will keep gnashing ur teeth in shame cos nobody in ur tribe can ever be like him in a millenium. U r free to run ur dysentry mouth, dats wat u guys r known for. Slaves!!!
It's quite unfortunate wen u don't know ur 'fadas'(under d bridge children), children of a thousands fathers, u r free to spew rubbish weneva OJUKWU's name is mentioned. Long live Biafra!

15 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Soludo Mulls Plan For New City Along Amansea, Ufuma Route / ****** 2014 African Dollar Billionaire Rich List****** / PDP Convention: Court Throws Out Suit Instituted By Sheriff For Incompetence

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.