Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,567 members, 7,827,131 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 07:42 AM

A Tribute To Ojukwu: One Year Remembrance - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / A Tribute To Ojukwu: One Year Remembrance (9787 Views)

Buhari To Ojukwu’s Mother In A 1984 Cartoon / Ojukwu: A Giant Who Lived For Others - Prof Achebe's Tribute To Ojukwu / GEJ's Tribute To Ojukwu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Tribute To Ojukwu: One Year Remembrance by OkparaIgbo: 4:14am On Nov 27, 2012
REST IN PEACE MY HERO.! IT IS STILL OBVIOUS THAT YOUR NAME STILL FLOGS THE LIVING DAY LIGHT OUT OF THE HATERS AND ENVIOUS smiley WE NDI-IGBO LOVE AND ADORE YOU FOR THE BRAVENESS AND COURAGE YOU SHOWED TO MAKE SURE WE ARE NOT EXTINCT BUT LEADERS OF THE DETRACTORS

6 Likes

Re: A Tribute To Ojukwu: One Year Remembrance by mrLt: 4:30am On Nov 27, 2012
Caracta:

Excuse me, are you depressed? You must be a very immatured fool to think your opinion should equate to mine. Don't you ever insult me cos i wasn't referring to you. Respect yourself.
N.B: I'm too matured and 'tooshed' to exchange words on a public forum. Silence is my weapon. Peace.
d same reason I choose to remain silent like they say “silence is d best answer to a....
Re: A Tribute To Ojukwu: One Year Remembrance by iconaus: 4:32am On Nov 27, 2012
To Igbos we adorn Ojukwu and we never beleived that he ran away that is why he is bravest igbo man and Nigeria in general . Igbos are brave but ojukwu is the bravest . Ojukwu fought till the last batalion or biafran stronghold and when it was dawn to him that the war was lost he handed over to his second in command and advised that Biafra should surrender to avoid further blood shed . Igbos are happy that he was not captured by his surbodinates ( Obj, IBB, Buhari, Shuwa and Gowon) . Those mentioned were too little to mess him up in prison or be murdered hence he left . If Ojukwu was captured and kill , it will ever hurt igbos forever and that would have been the demise of igbo people . He was encouraged to marry the most beautiful woman in igbo and Nigeria to show the respect the igbos have for him . Yes every man would like to a have a younger and a beautiful woman that also showcass a great man.

Ojukwu defined igbos and we re happy that gave a meaning to igbo race in all ramifications. No matter what the haters say about him - he is our hero and the greatest igbo.

15 Likes

Re: A Tribute To Ojukwu: One Year Remembrance by BinghiNya(m): 4:41am On Nov 27, 2012
ojukwu is a typical igbo arrogant,empty and cowardly when push comes to shove.bravest man indeed,real brave men commit suicide after losing a war. I may not be as a great as ojukwu but i am not as cowardly as he

11 Likes

Re: A Tribute To Ojukwu: One Year Remembrance by Nobody: 4:51am On Nov 27, 2012
The coward finally died. The greatest coward ever lived. He could not die for the cause he believed in. He collected pensions as a pitiable dying retired colonel while the injured Biafran soldiers lived in abject poverty without pensions.

7 Likes

Re: A Tribute To Ojukwu: One Year Remembrance by Madawaki01(m): 4:54am On Nov 27, 2012
Rest in pieces,The man who ran away when he should have stayed with his people and endure whatever happens,the man who was more interested in snapping pictures of starving children than fighting,
EGOATS WILL NEVER LEARN

8 Likes

Re: A Tribute To Ojukwu: One Year Remembrance by Freiburger(m): 5:28am On Nov 27, 2012
For the sake of humanity, may his soul rest in peace.

1 Like

Re: A Tribute To Ojukwu: One Year Remembrance by hanelson(m): 5:53am On Nov 27, 2012
Daalu nwannem. Udo diri gi
Re: A Tribute To Ojukwu: One Year Remembrance by Henry22(m): 5:53am On Nov 27, 2012
OJUKWU,THE IKEMBA OF NNEWI,THE OMENUKOR ONE OF NDI IGBO. IWU NWOKE I JI EJE MBA,LA NA UDO O.

6 Likes

Re: A Tribute To Ojukwu: One Year Remembrance by Nobody: 5:54am On Nov 27, 2012
Thunder fire moderators nowner of this site for allowing bigots insult Chief Ojukwu.
1,Chief Ojukwu have never speak ill about yoruba race or even awo,
2)he fought white man who assaulted a yoruba woman at the age of 13 in Lagos, 3) he speaks yoruba language more than manyyoruba bigots here.
4). He rejected. Gowon and insisted that ayoruba man ogundipe Be made head of state but ogundipe out of fear fled. 5)He said awo is the best president nigerarea never heard. He never blame awo for betrayin him during d civilwar. So what all d hate.

11 Likes

Re: A Tribute To Ojukwu: One Year Remembrance by Elebiju: 5:55am On Nov 27, 2012
He is d wisest man from d igbo tribe,he instigated his people to fight a war they couldn't win,now who would trust an igbo man for presidency?and yet they still clamour for their doom
Re: A Tribute To Ojukwu: One Year Remembrance by rubii2009: 5:55am On Nov 27, 2012
so soon?
Re: A Tribute To Ojukwu: One Year Remembrance by Henry22(m): 6:04am On Nov 27, 2012
Anytime I look at the west I laf in amusement and I see a ppl who could not even stand up to their rights I pray may all mighty chineke open ur eyes,NDI ARA.

7 Likes

Re: A Tribute To Ojukwu: One Year Remembrance by Elebiju: 6:23am On Nov 27, 2012
kcswat: Thunder fire moderators nowner of this site for allowing bigots insult Chief Ojukwu.
1,Chief Ojukwu have never speak ill about yoruba race or even awo,
2)he fought white man who assaulted a yoruba woman at the age of 13 in Lagos, 3) he speaks yoruba language more than manyyoruba bigots here.
4). He rejected. Gowon and insisted that ayoruba man ogundipe Be made head of state but ogundipe out of fear fled. 5)He said awo is the best president nigerarea never heard. He never blame awo for betrayin him during d civilwar. So what all d hate.
u really need serious talking to,do u really know what a public forum is?just because some people expressed their opinion about ur demi god,u choose to rant and pour out ur rotten mind here,I am not a supporter of racial discrimination but u should learn to mingle and mix with different kinda people,I'm sure those hidden post were racial discrimination and it shows that our mods are working to uphold sanity,I think u have to apologise for this kinda uncultured outburst
Re: A Tribute To Ojukwu: One Year Remembrance by otondo55: 6:40am On Nov 27, 2012

....cant believe its a year already, LIVE ON MY PRESIDENT !
LIVE ON AGABA DIKE ! LIVE ON THE MIGHTY ONE !
Dearest you remainth in our heart, rest in perfect peace.
Re: A Tribute To Ojukwu: One Year Remembrance by Nobody: 6:47am On Nov 27, 2012
Where is sexkillz?

I hope you are seeing all the tribal warlords having a free day here and you are doing nothing.

You banned me yesterday because I mentioned Yoruba and my commet wasn't even tribal biased but I made a straight comment on my observation on how the thread is going without tribal sentiments because it did not concern igbo and you banned me.

Now see the thread that concerns igbo's have you seen how it is going and you aint doing nutin.

Be careful of your ways and don't touch my moniker again in the name of banning me cause what I said doesn't make you feel good.
Re: A Tribute To Ojukwu: One Year Remembrance by tomakint: 7:03am On Nov 27, 2012
BlackPikiN:

You can see how Ojukwu's name woke all these notice-me wanna-be hard men up from the other divide. lol
[size=15pt]No sleep for the wicked.
Ojukwu's name will continue to torment them all the day of their lives.
[/size]
IF u check out the signature of dayokanu you will see just that, he had murdered sleep truly by hating one of Nigerian finest soldiers and a defender of the defenseless!

1 Like

Re: A Tribute To Ojukwu: One Year Remembrance by tomakint: 7:15am On Nov 27, 2012
Adieu to the Great Ikemba, a true Apostle of true Federalism, a die-hard realist who fought against injustice meted out to his people, a lover of peace, a man with a unique political foresight who lived and died for what he believed in! Rest in Perfect Peace Emeka, the Head of State and true Hero of the Republic of Biafran! wink

1 Like

Re: A Tribute To Ojukwu: One Year Remembrance by Nobody: 7:20am On Nov 27, 2012
wat is wrong with yorubas? Anything about the igbos, dey will beef. Leave igbos and their greatness alone. Yorubas r nt mentioned by d OP. Inferiority complex is too much among dem

2 Likes

Re: A Tribute To Ojukwu: One Year Remembrance by Nobody: 7:27am On Nov 27, 2012
The name "Ojukwu" will forever torment them and strike fears in their heart and all their generations shall fear that name.

2 Likes

Re: A Tribute To Ojukwu: One Year Remembrance by ZeusI: 7:39am On Nov 27, 2012
Your soul rests happily indeed for having used your inheritance to defend your own in time of anarchy, and was able to return after a brief retreat to courageously tell your aggressors to their faces that they are guilty. You roamed throught the country, no more as a rebel but as a hero, infusing the once lost nerve to your people's mind, and before your earthly exit made sure that you consolidated Igbos for a greater future when you said 'The biafra we fought for was the biafra of Igbos, but the one we now seek is the biafra of Nigeria, the biafra of the mind not of the field' indicating how the next phase of confrontation should be, which is: terrifying the enemy from within, sabotaging their every effort, terrorising them stealthily, and turning them against each other'. Ohaneze's consolidation has made it a formidable force to reckon with in the realm of socio-cultural organisation in the whole of Nigeria, working in harmony with all diaspora igbo organisations to begin the psychological, strategic and political control of the federal govt in favour of Igbos. Never shall we trust any nor shall we accommodate another in our ploy to forge an invincible entity, never again shall we entertain empathy on our former foes, never shall we forgive neither shall we forget. They(our enemies) must be presented withe psyche of a divided front to lure them into fatal destruction. Adieu Moses of Black Jews. Adieu Odumegbu Ojukwu, Adieu Ezeigbo Gburugburu.

6 Likes

Re: A Tribute To Ojukwu: One Year Remembrance by ZeusI: 7:42am On Nov 27, 2012
mr Lt: he who fights and run away...
...lives to fight another day.
Re: A Tribute To Ojukwu: One Year Remembrance by ZeusI: 7:57am On Nov 27, 2012
geez*:

...lives never to fight again ... Or did he?
Yes! But psychologically. But your short-sightedness could not see it.
Re: A Tribute To Ojukwu: One Year Remembrance by Nobody: 8:05am On Nov 27, 2012
A tribute for ojukwu?
Isnt that the same dictator who sacrificed millions of lives for his selfish needs?

Well, he can rot in the hottest part of hell.
Re: A Tribute To Ojukwu: One Year Remembrance by BinghiNya(m): 8:05am On Nov 27, 2012
ojukwu was a villain who ran and left his people to be massacred. He escaped like a woman what a shame. He was a world acclaimed cradle robber. A yorubaman is naturally ahead of the igboman no contest

2 Likes

Re: A Tribute To Ojukwu: One Year Remembrance by salam001(m): 8:09am On Nov 27, 2012
BinghiNya: [s]ojukwu was a villain who ran and left his people to be massacred. He escaped like a woman what a shame. He was a world acclaimed cradle robber. A yorubaman is naturally ahead of the igboman no contest[/s]
yet another Slowpoke

6 Likes

Re: A Tribute To Ojukwu: One Year Remembrance by KINGwax(m): 8:40am On Nov 27, 2012
geez*:

RIP to the bravest Igbo man that ran away when it mattered the most
mr Lt: he who fights and run away...
...lives to eat from his enemy's table!
The same union he despised, gave him amnesty and fed him till his stroke-stricken dying days!

1 Like

Re: A Tribute To Ojukwu: One Year Remembrance by pasco30(m): 8:44am On Nov 27, 2012
A hero I know
Re: A Tribute To Ojukwu: One Year Remembrance by ajanaku2(m): 8:51am On Nov 27, 2012
dayokanu:

Lives to molest his Goddaughter and die deaf dumb and lonely

As a matter of objectivity, My Brother; Is there anything wrong in marrying One's Goddaughter?

1 Like

Re: A Tribute To Ojukwu: One Year Remembrance by Diligence: 8:54am On Nov 27, 2012
The man who saw tomorrow...and of course u certainly live on!
Re: A Tribute To Ojukwu: One Year Remembrance by igboboy1(m): 8:56am On Nov 27, 2012
Na the name OJUKWU dey give ndi ofe manu sleepless night? hahahahah Ojukwu confamed Nwa'Afor...Any Igbo who does not evoke fear among ofe manus is not a Nwa"afor hence OJUKWU is a NWA'AFOR>..the only guy that is still making Awo turn left and right in okenne....

9 Likes

Re: A Tribute To Ojukwu: One Year Remembrance by KINGwax(m): 8:59am On Nov 27, 2012
gboss4sure: The name "Ojukwu" will forever torment them and strike fears in their heart and all their generations shall fear that name.
whose heart? That's d problem wit u guys! You're jes a caricature of yourself!
During that war, one of the three tribes did not even knw there was war. Everythin was going on fine while the other two were busy bombing each other out. But outta the two, there was one which shld alwys fear that ojukwu of a word, since it was the name dt brought them and their generations a psychotic mind, riddled them with inferiority complexity, make them psychologically angry, left them with a bitter taste of a defeated tribe, and left them with loss of millions of lives.
That is the only tribe dt d word, 'ojukwu' will alwys torment. Though, they may smile, but we all knw it's an hocuspocus!

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

710 Nigerians Killed By Fulani Herdsmen In 10 Months —igbo Youth Movement / Dapchi Girls Abduction: Hold Presidency Responsible - PDP / Lagos Takes Delivery Of 800 Marcopolo Buses From Brazil

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.