Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,544 members, 7,827,036 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 05:19 AM

A Tribute To Ojukwu: One Year Remembrance - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / A Tribute To Ojukwu: One Year Remembrance (9786 Views)

Buhari To Ojukwu’s Mother In A 1984 Cartoon / Ojukwu: A Giant Who Lived For Others - Prof Achebe's Tribute To Ojukwu / GEJ's Tribute To Ojukwu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Tribute To Ojukwu: One Year Remembrance by ZeusI: 8:59am On Nov 27, 2012
looplat:

dende so ike-eba oju-iku na ur definition of brave and strong men abi?
ode ni e oponu ayiradi. mtchewwww
Cowards has the habit of calling the brave 'Cowards'.

3 Likes

Re: A Tribute To Ojukwu: One Year Remembrance by JahMan1: 8:59am On Nov 27, 2012
Adieu Ikemba!
I will remember you all my life.
I only wished you accepted Jesus as your personal Lord & Saviour.
I will always have great respect for you and pledge to tow your path of love and defense of 'my people' no matter the odds.
So help me God!

2 Likes

Re: A Tribute To Ojukwu: One Year Remembrance by debetmx(m): 9:02am On Nov 27, 2012
icon aus: To Igbos we adorn Ojukwu and we never beleived that he ran away that is why he is bravest igbo man and Nigeria in general . Igbos are brave but ojukwu is the bravest . Ojukwu fought till the last batalion or biafran stronghold and when it was dawn to him that the war was lost he handed over to his second in command and advised that Biafra should surrender to avoid further blood shed . Igbos are happy that he was not captured by his surbodinates ( Obj, IBB, Buhari, Shuwa and Gowon) . Those mentioned were too little to mess him up in prison or be murdered hence he left . If Ojukwu was captured and kill , it will ever hurt igbos forever and that would have been the demise of igbo people . He was encouraged to marry the most beautiful woman in igbo and Nigeria to show the respect the igbos have for him . Yes every man would like to a have a younger and a beautiful woman that also showcass a great man.

Ojukwu defined igbos and we re happy that gave a meaning to igbo race in all ramifications. No matter what the haters say about him - he is our hero and the greatest igbo.

Gowon was never Ojukwu's surbodinate but were equals. Gowon got into the army before Ojukwu. I still can't comprehend why Ojukwu went to war he knew he could never have won. Also why did he kill Agbam, Alale, Banjo and Ifeajuna when he himself cowardly deserted Enugu. I respect Hitler, he never went on exile but took his own life

1 Like

Re: A Tribute To Ojukwu: One Year Remembrance by Nobody: 9:07am On Nov 27, 2012
ALLOW ME TO PAY MY RESPECTS TO OJUKWU WITH THE BELOW QUOTES grin grin;

“A coward boasting of his courage may deceive strangers, but he is a laughing-stock to those who know him. [Lat., Virtutis expers verbis jactans gloriam Ignotos fallit, notis est derisui.]”
Phaedrus (Thrace of Macedonia)

“When all the blandishments of life are gone, The coward sneaks to death, the brave live on.”
Dr. George Sewell

“Every recreant who proved his timidity in the hour of danger, was afterwards boldest in words and tongue. [Lat., Ignavissimus quisque, et ut res docuit, in periculo non ausurus, nimis verbis et lingua feroces.]”
Tacitus (Caius Cornelius Tacitus)

2 Likes

Re: A Tribute To Ojukwu: One Year Remembrance by ba7man(m): 9:08am On Nov 27, 2012
kcswat: Thunder fire moderators nowner of this site for allowing bigots insult Chief Ojukwu.
1,Chief Ojukwu have never speak ill about yoruba race or even awo,
2)he fought white man who assaulted a yoruba woman at the age of 13 in Lagos, 3) he speaks yoruba language more than manyyoruba bigots here.
4). He rejected. Gowon and insisted that ayoruba man ogundipe Be made head of state but ogundipe out of fear fled. 5)He said awo is the best president nigerarea never heard. He never blame awo for betrayin him during d civilwar. So what all d hate.
Wow!!!...As a Yoruba man i wasn't aware of these actions of his. It says a lot about the person he was. But i don't get how Awo betrayed him.
Re: A Tribute To Ojukwu: One Year Remembrance by GARRIx7(m): 9:08am On Nov 27, 2012
May his soul Rest in Peace...

May the souls of the "millions" who died from his ill-advised war also Rest in Peace..

1 Like

Re: A Tribute To Ojukwu: One Year Remembrance by ZeusI: 9:14am On Nov 27, 2012
BinghiNya: ojukwu is a typical igbo arrogant,empty and cowardly when push comes to shove.bravest man indeed,real brave men commit suicide after losing a war. I may not be as a great as ojukwu but i am not as cowardly as he
Every brave man lose a battle as did Napoleon, Ceasar, etc, but wins the war ultimately. And so has world powers like Rome, America, Britain etc. Personalities like Winston Churchil lost the initial battles in the WWII and never commited sucide. Yorubas avoid real confrontation as they avoid cleanliness and commits sucide as a sign of hopelessness, that was how Awo, Abiola, and all of their ancestors has been doing, dying hoplessly. Ojukwu's policy will haunt yorubas till they totally become our slaves.

7 Likes

Re: A Tribute To Ojukwu: One Year Remembrance by ajanaku2(m): 9:21am On Nov 27, 2012
mr Lt:

Igbo wu Igbo ndi oma nwem, Ikuku ekuola oo, Chi ewerela ehihe jie n'ala Igbo, Oke osisi adala umu nnunu eju ohia.
Ikemba Nnewi, OME MGBE IHE SIRI IKE!! Odenigbo Ngwo, Dike n' agha, Mgbo eji egbu agu ndi Igbo, Aha eji
aga mba ndi Igbo, Ebekuo dike of Igboland,Ugwu mba anyi, Aka ekpuchi onwa ndi Igbo,
Ome nke afuru n'anya na ala Igbo, Ogbuefi ndi Igbo, Onwa n'etiri ora ndi Igbo, onye
oma, Owelle ndi Igbo, MY PRESIDENT, EZE IGBO GBURUGBURU!

...sounds like some form of eulogistic Panegyric! Can someone please translate this for Me?...I admire and respect Ojukwu a lot, despite his Flaws; No Man is perfect anyway, not even Jesus Christ and Mohammed...Even though I'm still of the opinion that Ojukwu shouldn't have declared a Fratricidal War against Nigeria, He's My Man any day, any time! His revolutionary and courageous instincts can be likened to those of Fidel Castro and the late Ernesto Che Guevara! I like these Men!...Abeg, My Igbo Folks, I'm waiting for translations!

4 Likes

Re: A Tribute To Ojukwu: One Year Remembrance by ba7man(m): 9:24am On Nov 27, 2012
Zeus I: Every brave man lose a battle as did Napoleon, Ceasar, etc, but wins the war ultimately. And so has world powers like Rome, America, Britain etc. Personalities like Winston Churchil lost the initial battles in the WWII and never commited sucide. Yorubas avoid real confrontation as they avoid cleanliness and commits sucide as a sign of hopelessness, that was how Awo, Abiola, and all of their ancestors has been doing, dying hoplessly. Ojukwu's policy will haunt yorubas till they totally become our slaves.
Daft talk, who's slave....Roadside trader lookin for slave.
Re: A Tribute To Ojukwu: One Year Remembrance by bonysmile: 9:32am On Nov 27, 2012
The Great Dim lives on!!!
Re: A Tribute To Ojukwu: One Year Remembrance by strangest(m): 9:36am On Nov 27, 2012
Looking for scape-goats to blame for the loss of Midwest, Brigadier Victor Banjo, Lt. Col. Emmanuel Ifeajuna, Major Sam Agbamuche (Agbam) and Major Phillip Alale were tried in a kongaroo-styled court and found guilty of "treason" for deserting Benin City. While Ojukwu executed his officers for deserting the Midwest capital (Benin City), HE DESERTED THE BIAFRAN CAPITAL (Enugu) WHEN NIGERIAN SOLDIERS ATTACKED IT on October 2, 1967.

http://emeagwali.com/blogs/archives/1966/01/my_cousin_emman_1.html

May his soul and the souls of all the departed faithful by God's mercy rest in peace, Perharps one of these days in the near future, we will all get to sit down on a round table and actually get to know what really happened,

1 Like

Re: A Tribute To Ojukwu: One Year Remembrance by ajanaku2(m): 9:45am On Nov 27, 2012
Zeus I: Every brave man lose a battle as did Napoleon, Ceasar, etc, but wins the war ultimately. And so has world powers like Rome, America, Britain etc. Personalities like Winston Churchil lost the initial battles in the WWII and never commited sucide. Yorubas avoid real confrontation as they avoid cleanliness and commits sucide as a sign of hopelessness, that was how Awo, Abiola, and all of their ancestors has been doing, dying hoplessly. Ojukwu's policy will haunt yorubas till they totally become our slaves.

Ta l'Oponu yii
? Yorubas will become your Slaves in the year 9078...I pray you live on till that period, so you can relish in having a Yoruba as your Butler, Chauffeur and Masseur! Oloriburuku!
Re: A Tribute To Ojukwu: One Year Remembrance by gboso: 9:47am On Nov 27, 2012
mr Lt: DIM CHUKWUEMEKA ODUMEGWU OJUKWU (IKEMBA NNEWI):
Today is the one-year anniversary of the death of Ikemba, the greatest Igboman that ever lived. The eternal leader of Igboists and Igbo dum.

THE ULTIMATE FIELD MARSHAL! Agu bata mgbada awara-oso nke ndi Igbo. An immortal, A god....time has been kind to you - history set you free. DIM Ikemba Odimegwu Ojukwu GBURUGBU! Onye isi Okanga.. Agada gbachiri uzo..Dike dina igbo..Agbarusia Ngene Amaghi kuru Ngene..Ochiiiii warrrr ndi igbo..Atakata agbuo 1. Eze Igbo GBURUGBU....

I curtsy and salute you!
Here a man in the fullness of the term 'man'. A full man. A manly man. An unbridled male. An unbroken spirit. The embodiment of the finest values among Igbo. A man of destiny. A man of history. A man who looked reality in the face and punched it on the nose. Great,Fearless, Courageous and Roaring Lion of the tribe of Biafra.....Your Memory is a keepsake from which we will never part.

Igbo wu Igbo ndi oma nwem, Ikuku ekuola oo, Chi ewerela ehihe jie n'ala Igbo, Oke osisi adala umu nnunu eju ohia.
Ikemba Nnewi, OME MGBE IHE SIRI IKE!! Odenigbo Ngwo, Dike n' agha, Mgbo eji egbu agu ndi Igbo, Aha eji
aga mba ndi Igbo, Ebekuo dike of Igboland,Ugwu mba anyi, Aka ekpuchi onwa ndi Igbo,
Ome nke afuru n'anya na ala Igbo, Ogbuefi ndi Igbo, Onwa n'etiri ora ndi Igbo, onye
oma, Owelle ndi Igbo, MY PRESIDENT, EZE IGBO GBURUGBURU!

Great Igboists: Ikemba Igbo is not dead;
those who live, and will live forever in the hearts and lips of their people do not die.
Weep not, Onuma no anyi n'obi, onuma no anyi n'obi, Ojukwu onuma no anyi
n'obi.Onuma no anyi n'obi, onuma no anyi n'obi, Ikemba onuma no anyi n'obi. OKE-DIKE
NDIGBO. EGWU ndi mba. Anya ana-aso Igbo. Laa n'udo.

Umunnem. Rejoice for we had him in our midst, and will continue to have him in our hearts until the end of time.
He set example for me and many on how to be true to the ones we love; how to be men of conviction.
He taught us how to believe in justice, and to fight injustice wherever it reared its ugly head.
He showed us that a true leader must have intellect, and never to accept mediocrity.
Finally, he taught me that to love Ndi Igbo is to love myself.

****THE PHOENIX SHALL RISE AGAIN!!!*****

Via NdiIgbo Page
Ojukwu a great brave man. I respect u.rest in peace odenaigbo

1 Like

Re: A Tribute To Ojukwu: One Year Remembrance by bknight: 9:52am On Nov 27, 2012
True, he was brave.
True, he was strong.

But any man of truth knows he made mistakes. His mistakes/paranoia killed d women& children. Sometimes, it is bravery not to fight at all. Those making a big deal out of ojukwu are not those praising him but those counter the people praising him.

It none of your business if any one chooses to eulogize anyone, regardless. But a great man thrives on controversy. Sadly, if d tribal bigots here oblige him d attention, he can only but become greater.

undecided
Re: A Tribute To Ojukwu: One Year Remembrance by nkemKalu: 9:53am On Nov 27, 2012
geez*:

RIP to the bravest Igbo man that ran away when it mattered the most
Ewu Gambia.........Did ur father not run away when he heard the sound of OJUKWU's OGBUNIGWE?

4 Likes

Re: A Tribute To Ojukwu: One Year Remembrance by princemaicheal: 10:06am On Nov 27, 2012
R.I.P
Re: A Tribute To Ojukwu: One Year Remembrance by Navalsadiq(m): 10:54am On Nov 27, 2012
dayokanu:

Lives to molest his Goddaughter and die deaf dumb and lonely
she is finally free any way.
Re: A Tribute To Ojukwu: One Year Remembrance by Arsenate(m): 10:55am On Nov 27, 2012
Rest in Piss, person...
Re: A Tribute To Ojukwu: One Year Remembrance by bcomputer101: 10:56am On Nov 27, 2012
Pls who is dis Ojukwu?
Its sound like a name of a gun dat refuse to shoot wen it get †̥ the middle of war....
Re: A Tribute To Ojukwu: One Year Remembrance by aryzgreat: 11:08am On Nov 27, 2012
Adieu to the greatest and bravest Igbo man that ever lived on the surface of the earth! Adieu Agu BIAFRA! Adieu anya ana aso igbo! Adieu Eze igbo gburugburu! Adieu Anu ana agba egbe on ata afifia! Ur demise is still fresh in our mind. U evoke the igbo spirit in all of us and shot ndigbo into limelight. U fought injustice with all u had and never looked back to save ur people frm the jihadist engineered genocide.

I call u Prophet Chukwuemeka Odumegwu Ojukwu (P.B.U.H) cos u came, u saw, u prophesied, they rejected ur prophecy, u fought to achieve ur vision, they connived to twart ur effort, u accepted ur fate and today they are now understanding ur prophecy and are shamelessly talking frm both sides of their mouth. May God continue to bless ur soul!

Ur vision, wot u stand for, ur astute qualities are forever evergreen in our memories Requiscat in pace Agu Biafra!

To the moderator of this page, for allowing an insult of this magnitude on the person of late Chief Odumegwu Ojukwu on his remembrance day, i am bookmarking this thread. Let it be known that u ppl have murdered sleep on NL!

And for the yorobbers that desecrated this remembrance thread with their vitriolic attack on d great Ojukwu, u may have the mods on ur side but u will not rest on this site. Its a promise. Mod am expecting ur usual ban!

3 Likes

Re: A Tribute To Ojukwu: One Year Remembrance by aglomar: 11:17am On Nov 27, 2012
RIP Ikemba
Re: A Tribute To Ojukwu: One Year Remembrance by mayorcowboy: 11:23am On Nov 27, 2012
Ojukwu the son of the soil,is a great man. though he died unfulfilled death, his fight to achieve the sovereign state of Bifra in his life time is not successful but, will come to pass as we presume.
Ikemba newi laa na udo, we love u, but God love u most. embarassed wink embarassed cool

3 Likes

Re: A Tribute To Ojukwu: One Year Remembrance by cafegal: 11:34am On Nov 27, 2012
ajanaku2:

...sounds like some form of eulogistic Panegyric! Can someone please translate this for Me?...I admire and respect Ojukwu a lot, despite his Flaws; No Man is perfect anyway, not even Jesus Christ and Mohammed...Even though I'm still of the opinion that Ojukwu shouldn't have declared a Fratricidal War against Nigeria, He's My Man any day, any time! His revolutionary and courageous instincts can be likened to those of Fidel Castro and the late Ernesto Che Guevara! I like these Men!...Abeg, My Igbo Folks, I'm waiting for translations!

I am new here...and I like you...cos of this post..I think you are cool
(now praying I don't see really weird posts from you as I roll on nairaland)
From, a female admirer, living in SE, 9ja
Re: A Tribute To Ojukwu: One Year Remembrance by Denn(m): 11:43am On Nov 27, 2012
We have a lot of hatred going on within the minds of Nigeria's youths.

The average nairalander was not around in 1967 yet they loathe other ethnic groups and slander insults on issues that happened almost half a century ago.

How can a country grow when the 'next generation' thrives only on european football, beer and ethnic based tantrums.

Sides to arguments are taken, not based on which is viewed as right, but on whether the argument supports our tribe or not-the classic thought process of lower animals.

How many of those against Ojukuwu, Gowon, Obasanjo, Adekunle, Ejoor and others can achieve the bits these guys achieved before they turn forty? These guys were young and had no experience whatsoever yet they made decisions that we all can learn from decades after.

Ojukwu found himself in a complex situation and took a decision to save his people. These same attackers would still abuse him if he made contrary decisions. Same with Gowon et al.

Unfortunately, the problems of the past still haunt us and we fail to learn from history.

We still engage in tribal warfare like savages of the old africa. Apart from the cotton clothes and internet access we currently enjoy, there is little to diffrentiate the current crop of humans living here from their twin-killing, human-eating, idol-worshipping ancestors that roamed this side of the earth centuries ago

1 Like

Re: A Tribute To Ojukwu: One Year Remembrance by Nobody: 11:44am On Nov 27, 2012
gboss4sure: Where is sexkillz?

I hope you are seeing all the tribal warlords having a free day here and you are doing nothing.

You banned me yesterday because I mentioned Yoruba and my commet wasn't even tribal biased but I made a straight comment on my observation on how the thread is going without tribal sentiments because it did not concern igbo and you banned me.

Now see the thread that concerns igbo's have you seen how it is going and you aint doing nutin.

Be careful of your ways and don't touch my moniker again in the name of banning me cause what I said doesn't make you feel good.
I am not the mod of this section, but I'll gladly ban you for a repeat offence on the section i moderate. Cheers

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

"With Biafra, It Is Finished" - Gowon {video} / External Reserves Rise Further, Now $25.4bn / SHOCKING: See Nigerians Comments After The President Was Reported To Be Sick

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.