Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,143 members, 7,829,086 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 06:55 PM

The Growing Beauty Of Lagos (pics) - Travel (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / The Growing Beauty Of Lagos (pics) (52345 Views)

Truck Bursts Into Flames While On Motion In Lagos [PICS] / Trailer Tumbles And Falls At Alapere Lagos (pics) / Driver Urinates On The Roadside, Causes Traffic At Ekoro Road In Lagos (pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Growing Beauty Of Lagos (pics) by Nobody: 5:33pm On Nov 27, 2012
O God please make me wealthy!
Re: The Growing Beauty Of Lagos (pics) by Afam4eva(m): 5:34pm On Nov 27, 2012
@everyone
I'm not a hater. What will i gain from hating a city where i live. I'm just being critical of the developments in Nigeria. That's the only way that Nigeria can move forward.
Re: The Growing Beauty Of Lagos (pics) by geez1: 5:41pm On Nov 27, 2012
afam4eva: @everyone
I'm not a hater. What will i gain from hating a city where i live. I'm just being critical of the developments in Nigeria. That's the only way that Nigeria can move forward.

Criticisms are best when they are objective and not lined with sentiments

And from your comments I strongly doubt that you reside in Lagos

6 Likes

Re: The Growing Beauty Of Lagos (pics) by Afam4eva(m): 5:42pm On Nov 27, 2012
geez*:

Criticisms are best when they are objective and not lined with sentiments

And from your comments I strongly doubt that you reside in Lagos
What sentiments are you referring to?
Re: The Growing Beauty Of Lagos (pics) by datola: 5:42pm On Nov 27, 2012
afam4eva:
I was just using a scenario to paint a picture for someone. You don't run into the middle of the road to ask why drivers are ignoring the zebra crossing. That will only cost you your life.

@Afam, do you live abroad and contributed to the developments in those cities. Why can't you be proud of your Nnewi Okrika cities for once instead of fighting over what is not yours.

Most Nigerians still live like slaves. Even if you are abroad and are related to Obama you should look forward to returning to your country one day and should join in every effort to develop, promote, package and hype it! Do you know how many would-be visitors are reading these posts.

The pictures are meant to show some positive good places to visit in Nigeria.

"Nigeria yi, tingbogbo wa ni, ko ma gbodo baje ......"

1 Like

Re: The Growing Beauty Of Lagos (pics) by Afam4eva(m): 5:46pm On Nov 27, 2012
datola:

@Afam, do you live abroad and contributed to the developments in those cities. Why can't you be proud of your Nnewi Okrika cities for once instead of fighting over what is not yours.

Most Nigerians still live like slaves. Even if you are abroad and are related to Obama you should look forward to returning to your country one day and should join in every effort to develop, promote, package and hype it! Do you know how many would-be visitors are reading these posts.

Dude, i live in Lagos, Nigeria..I'm playing my own part being been critical of everything and anything Nigerian. That's the only way we can grow. Don't expect me to sit here and tell you that Lagos is the best thing to happen to Africa. That will be a lie for sure.
Re: The Growing Beauty Of Lagos (pics) by Hardfact: 5:47pm On Nov 27, 2012
Dude, hope you know you can't stop people esp them Lagosians, from telling you exactly what they do feel about Lagos and the pics.
If governance in Lagos is all about nothing but these pics and the socalled 'beauty' I think they have failed!
Have the people's expections become so hard to tell or achieve?
Re: The Growing Beauty Of Lagos (pics) by lanrelagos: 5:48pm On Nov 27, 2012
where are the pictures of growing beauty in Lagos from Alimosho, Mushin, Ifako Ijaiye, okokomaiko, Ayobo, Igando, Epe, Alagbado, mile 12, Idumota, etc............??
Re: The Growing Beauty Of Lagos (pics) by olivertwist: 5:54pm On Nov 27, 2012
afam4eva:
So, how come Lagos was not chosen to host the Olympics?

shocked I can't remember Lagos submitting an application to stage the Olympics not to talk of been chosen! undecided

1 Like

Re: The Growing Beauty Of Lagos (pics) by Afam4eva(m): 5:56pm On Nov 27, 2012
olivertwist:

shocked I can't remember Lagos submitting an application to stage the Olympics not to talk of been chosen! undecided

They never submitted because they're not up to the task. Abuja that even put in to host the commonwealth games was not even chosen.
Re: The Growing Beauty Of Lagos (pics) by Nobody: 5:57pm On Nov 27, 2012
ekt_bear: Rossike: Well done, my brother.

what happened? do we now have more street lights than enugu? cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

op knows exactly what i'm taking about
Re: The Growing Beauty Of Lagos (pics) by larimo(m): 5:58pm On Nov 27, 2012
[size=16pt]WHERE IS MAINLAND LAGOS?[/size]
Re: The Growing Beauty Of Lagos (pics) by ektbear: 6:00pm On Nov 27, 2012
oyb:

what happened? do we now have more street lights than enugu? cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

op knows exactly what i'm taking about

Rossike is not one of your typical Igbo tribalists, at least from what I have observed. Seems like a straight shooter in that respect (though I could be wrong).

My beef with him his approach to pan-Africanism...but aside from that he seems like a well-meaning fellow.
Re: The Growing Beauty Of Lagos (pics) by olivertwist: 6:00pm On Nov 27, 2012
afam4eva:
They never submitted because they're not up to the task. Abuja that even put in to host the commonwealth games was not even chosen.

So, what does it take to be up to the task my friend? grin
Re: The Growing Beauty Of Lagos (pics) by PeterKbaba: 6:04pm On Nov 27, 2012
datola:

To ri ko si bo mi ron, ti a le lo, ajo' o le da bi le, eje ka so wo po, ka fi mo so kon, gbe kami gbe.... eko oni baje lai lai... Haters should turn white

3 Likes

Re: The Growing Beauty Of Lagos (pics) by Nobody: 6:07pm On Nov 27, 2012
ekt_bear:

Rossike is not one of your typical Igbo tribalists, at least from what I have observed. Seems like a straight shooter in that respect (though I could be wrong).

My beef with him his approach to pan-Africanism...but aside from that he seems like a well-meaning fellow.

i agree, i was just irritated by that thread is all

though as a fellow on the ground most of his naija boosterism comes off as unadulterated BS
Re: The Growing Beauty Of Lagos (pics) by Nobody: 6:09pm On Nov 27, 2012

2 Likes

Re: The Growing Beauty Of Lagos (pics) by gidiMonsta(m): 6:26pm On Nov 27, 2012
^^@omo_toh_dun Is dat why u can't post with a normal, readable font like every other sane person on this thread? Mschwwww

2 Likes

Re: The Growing Beauty Of Lagos (pics) by salolo(m): 6:31pm On Nov 27, 2012
Eko o ni baje
Re: The Growing Beauty Of Lagos (pics) by Nobody: 6:34pm On Nov 27, 2012
Re: The Growing Beauty Of Lagos (pics) by Nobody: 6:35pm On Nov 27, 2012
LMAO

Please show us the growing beauty of Abule-egba, of Egbeda, of Iyana-ipaja, of Agege, of Ebute-Metta...

Show us the beauties of Bariga, of Ajegunle, of Iba, of Ladipo, of Shomolu...

MSCHEEEEEEEEEWWWW

Eko ti o ti baje ti pe.... angry
Re: The Growing Beauty Of Lagos (pics) by solomon111(m): 6:40pm On Nov 27, 2012
amosy007: why cant u do little reseach nd find out that south west have enough oil and gas to sustain them and all nigeria oil is not in south south b4 posting dis bla bla bla
what gas does the SW have?
The only SW state with any significant portion of gas is ondo state,and they don't even produce much gas.
Nigeria's gas is concentrated in the SS/SE.
Re: The Growing Beauty Of Lagos (pics) by Exponental(m): 6:45pm On Nov 27, 2012
Some of those buildings u av there are not lagos. I wish d op tagged them, i would av pin pointed some.
Re: The Growing Beauty Of Lagos (pics) by amosy007: 6:47pm On Nov 27, 2012
solomon111: what gas does the SW have?
The only SW state with any significant portion of gas is ondo state,and they don't even produce much gas.
Nigeria's gas is concentrated in the SS/SE.
my friend google is ur friend and its free... Google ogun and lagos ... Dnt let us derail dis wonderful thread... Dnt be too naive

3 Likes

Re: The Growing Beauty Of Lagos (pics) by solomon111(m): 6:47pm On Nov 27, 2012
daylae: don't turn this into some ethnic squabbles. . . And yes,that will be helpful to met the future demand. . .but other alternatives are there. The ongoing eko atlantic city is projected to source for power independently for example.
The only alternative to gas is nuclear energy.
Hydro-electricity cannot produce such huge amount of power,efficiently and independently.
Re: The Growing Beauty Of Lagos (pics) by datola: 6:51pm On Nov 27, 2012
afam4eva:
Dude, i live in Lagos, Nigeria..I'm playing my own part being been critical of everything and anything Nigerian. That's the only way we can grow. Don't expect me to sit here and tell you that Lagos is the best thing to happen to Africa. That will be a lie for sure.

Of course we are supposed to be critical of our leaders all the times but not at the expense of ridiculing what we have in the eyes of visitors/investors. We can say Nigerian political leaders are failure but Nigeria is a beautiful place to live notwithstanding all the challenges.
Re: The Growing Beauty Of Lagos (pics) by solomon111(m): 6:53pm On Nov 27, 2012
amosy007: my friend google is ur friend and its free... Google ogun and lagos ... Dnt let us derail dis wonderful thread... Dnt be too naive
ogun and lagos??
Are you kidding me?
Anyway let me not derail this thread.
Re: The Growing Beauty Of Lagos (pics) by datola: 6:57pm On Nov 27, 2012
omo_to_dun: @afam4eva

Dude, I respect your tenacity in vehemently voicing and standing by your opinions. What I notice about Nigerians is that we are pleased with mediocrity and easily satisfied. Additionally, not only are we aggressively defensive when thoughtful criticisms are brought up, we resort to attacking the integrity of the critics.

As an American, I can tell you that no one on earth criticizes America more than Americans. We are completely paranoid. We are never satisfied. We always want the best. The unemployment rate is currently 7.8% but we are not satisfied. We(especially Californians) are always bitching about bad roads, health care, and education even though though they are top-tier. I schooled a bit in Nigeria and I can tell you that the difference is between night and day. If Nigerians had access to the same quality of education as Americans, Nigerians will rule the world in a few decades.

I want Nigeria to succeed and what I am seeing is not enough to make me jump up and down in exhilaration. What is the essence of a beautiful city without basic amenities? Is there constant electricity and water? Is there security? Are the laws being enforced? Does the judicial system work? Nigerians should demand more and not be satisfied with crumbs falling off the table.

Omo America, we are not talking about government performance here but about some good things we can showcase the world instead of your American media painting us black all the time.

1 Like

Re: The Growing Beauty Of Lagos (pics) by solomon111(m): 7:00pm On Nov 27, 2012
datola:

Omo America, we are not talking about government performance here but about some good things we can showcase the world instead of your American media painting us black all the time.
hahahahahaha!
Wicked.
Re: The Growing Beauty Of Lagos (pics) by Nobody: 7:07pm On Nov 27, 2012
larimo: [size=16pt]WHERE IS MAINLAND LAGOS?[/size]

[size=16pt]We're not afraid to show mainland Lagos. You want mainland, here's mainland![/size]

Re: The Growing Beauty Of Lagos (pics) by Nobody: 7:08pm On Nov 27, 2012

Re: The Growing Beauty Of Lagos (pics) by Nobody: 7:09pm On Nov 27, 2012

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Air Peace Acquires Boeing B777-200 Aircraft; Sets New Record / GEJ Trekker, OladeleNihi Involved In Accident (Photos) / Flight That Took Off In 2017 And Landed In 2016

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.