Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,137 members, 7,829,069 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 06:32 PM

The Growing Beauty Of Lagos (pics) - Travel (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / The Growing Beauty Of Lagos (pics) (52343 Views)

Truck Bursts Into Flames While On Motion In Lagos [PICS] / Trailer Tumbles And Falls At Alapere Lagos (pics) / Driver Urinates On The Roadside, Causes Traffic At Ekoro Road In Lagos (pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Growing Beauty Of Lagos (pics) by Nobody: 9:42pm On Nov 27, 2012
cool cool NICE ..if only there was security in Nigeria undecided
Re: The Growing Beauty Of Lagos (pics) by erico2k2(m): 9:45pm On Nov 27, 2012
lion042: If you are sure that this is Lagos, my brother e makes sense die. The only thing again is to ban all this expired cars that's running there.
I dont know where you live guy but Nigerians have stepped up big time, cars are not that expenssive or rather i should say guys dont advance small
Re: The Growing Beauty Of Lagos (pics) by Abagworo(m): 9:46pm On Nov 27, 2012
ROSSIKE:

My brother don't mind these people, many of whom have never stepped out of Nigeria so think everywhere else on earth is paradise. I used to live in Washington DC a few years ago. Yes the US capital. If you venture near southeast Washington DC you will regret your life. Even to come out of the place alive you'll be thanking your lucky stars. But CNN only shows you the beautiful White House.

I didn't want to post these pictures of Capetown on the other thread but I want to post it here for people to know that all is not rosy in Capetown. They only showed pctures that will attract foreign investments.

http://veralistcenter.org/publicprograms/?p=240

1 Like

Re: The Growing Beauty Of Lagos (pics) by erico2k2(m): 9:46pm On Nov 27, 2012
CAMEROONPRIDE: cool cool NICE ..if only there was security in Nigeria undecided
where do you think there is max security?U no hear say for London dem go starb U because of Blackberry bold?

3 Likes

Re: The Growing Beauty Of Lagos (pics) by erico2k2(m): 9:47pm On Nov 27, 2012
Abagworo:

I didn't want to post these pictures of Capetown on the other thread but I want to post it here for people to know that all is not rosy in Capetown. They only showed pctures that will attract foreign investments.

http://veralistcenter.org/publicprograms/?p=240
Good Job U did at least, ignorant people will learn a thing or two

1 Like

Re: The Growing Beauty Of Lagos (pics) by Nobody: 9:49pm On Nov 27, 2012
Chineke God! Abagworo, are you serious that that is Cape Town?

The same Cape Town that people on that thread were using its alleged ''perfection'' to question the black man's intelligence, praising the 'white man' to high heavens?

Oh Oh Oh... so they even have ghettos and slums in Cape Town?

Thanks for the revelation. shocked
Re: The Growing Beauty Of Lagos (pics) by erico2k2(m): 9:49pm On Nov 27, 2012
ROSSIKE:

My brother don't mind these people, many of whom have never stepped out of Nigeria so think everywhere else on earth is paradise. I used to live in Washington DC a few years ago. Yes the US capital. If you venture near southeast Washington DC you will regret your life. Even to come out of the place alive you'll be thanking your lucky stars. But CNN only shows you the beautiful White House.
No mind them ohh,everyone is proud of where them come from ,me Im proud to B a saffarian,my city fine pass grin grin grin grin
Re: The Growing Beauty Of Lagos (pics) by Nobody: 9:49pm On Nov 27, 2012
Worlds number 1 state of aquatic splendour. . .Eko o ni baje o!!!
Re: The Growing Beauty Of Lagos (pics) by PeterKbaba: 9:56pm On Nov 27, 2012
My brothers and sisters, make una no mind most of the people on this site, claiming to be nigerians are not... they are well paid foriegn spy's, paid to come on nigerian social media/blogs and distroy every good information coming out of nigeria. I dont seem to understand how a nigerian would be full of so much hate that Lagos is growing (Would they have enjoyed that Lagos is in poverty).. You can even see some of them trying so hard and posting pictures of rural area's of the start....What exactly is their point. The are all SPY'S pretending to be nigerians. They are not nigerian, dem be oyinbo spy (Illuminati rats)...You need to check youtube to see all this oyinbo speaking pigin english and our traditional language..

4 Likes

Re: The Growing Beauty Of Lagos (pics) by Iolo(m): 10:02pm On Nov 27, 2012
Lagos is enough evidence that good governance attracts Private Investment. GEJ needs to wake up.

2 Likes

Re: The Growing Beauty Of Lagos (pics) by Iolo(m): 10:10pm On Nov 27, 2012
purplebrown: Lagos

Note thread title says "GROWING BEAUTY".

You should know that no city in the entire world is PERFECT. The less affluent would always live within the same geographical axis with the rich as this is how society works.

It is people like you that when Fashola decides to demolish these shanties would still cry foul. I tire for Nigerians.

5 Likes

Re: The Growing Beauty Of Lagos (pics) by Nobody: 10:41pm On Nov 27, 2012
Iolo: Lagos is enough evidence that good governance attracts Private Investment.

Gbam!
Re: The Growing Beauty Of Lagos (pics) by Nobody: 10:48pm On Nov 27, 2012
Lagos is still a local champion.
Re: The Growing Beauty Of Lagos (pics) by Godogwu: 10:53pm On Nov 27, 2012
afam4eva:
By Ghetto i mean the standard of living in those places. That places like Ogba are not called ghettos doesn't mean they aren't. The places that are called ghettos in Nigeria are supposed to be Nicknamed "Hell fire".

Please!!! Who is this guy?

1 Like

Re: The Growing Beauty Of Lagos (pics) by miredia(m): 10:54pm On Nov 27, 2012
Keneking: Most of these pictures are on the Lagos Island...show those from the mainland areas. Anyways what is the intention of displaying the pictures? They have been there before AC-N took over power! In addition, there are no single government /public property in the images posted...all are private investments.

Now try and get a shot of picture from the pent house at Eko Hotel at night and you will marvel at the handiwork of God and the fooolishmness of man... ;
my friend new York, south Africa, hongkong, London all have not too tasteful hoods also. Appreciating some good amidst criticism wont hurt.
Re: The Growing Beauty Of Lagos (pics) by bunmibola(f): 10:58pm On Nov 27, 2012
Abeg, na beta area una sabi snap, some areas wey dey lagos are abandon project.Y u no go snap those areas and post it on Nl? Over sabi.
Re: The Growing Beauty Of Lagos (pics) by PeterKbaba: 11:15pm On Nov 27, 2012
We Lagosians are not complaining , mind your business if na so e pain u reach, go hug transformer...
Re: The Growing Beauty Of Lagos (pics) by jerryaji(m): 11:15pm On Nov 27, 2012
Oshodi Lagos
Re: The Growing Beauty Of Lagos (pics) by PeterKbaba: 11:26pm On Nov 27, 2012
new oshodi

2 Likes

Re: The Growing Beauty Of Lagos (pics) by PeterKbaba: 11:31pm On Nov 27, 2012
President 2015 and change the whole country

Re: The Growing Beauty Of Lagos (pics) by PeterKbaba: 11:38pm On Nov 27, 2012
Fashola pls tell your enemies that common sense is not common
Re: The Growing Beauty Of Lagos (pics) by rman: 11:55pm On Nov 27, 2012
I can't not believe some people are trying to rubbish this beautiful thread.

What exactly is their point?

Some people can not reason objectively anymore unless from a tribal angle ( AFAM )

It is only a fool that will say the current Lagos is not better organised with improved development than what it was 12yrs ago.

Finally, there is no developed city in the world without slums.

I was in BEIJING ( hope the spelling is correct ) when it won the most beautiful city in the world in 2002 and I saw slums in some areas.

@ ROSSIKE, THANK YOU FOR THE PICS

3 Likes

Re: The Growing Beauty Of Lagos (pics) by COOLDUN: 12:04am On Nov 28, 2012
Good job, Lagos state government, if other state’s governors should follow your example and hard work, I think that we shall develop. Rome was not built in a day, but the Romans were not sleeping too. Let fasten the pace of our development, it doesn’t take centuries to develop a nation; hence the manpower and resources are there. His Excellency Babatunde Raji Fashola, please take a bold step in the meeting of the governors in Nigeria, to waken some sleeping governors, on how to bring changes to their respective states. God bless you.

1 Like

Re: The Growing Beauty Of Lagos (pics) by getukudo(m): 12:48am On Nov 28, 2012
Keneking: Most of these pictures are on the Lagos Island...show those from the mainland areas. Anyways what is the intention of displaying the pictures? They have been there before AC-N took over power! In addition, there are no single government /public property in the images posted...all are private investments.

Now try and get a shot of picture from the pent house at Eko Hotel at night and you will marvel at the handiwork of God and the fooolishmness of man... ;

He has taken picx of the island like you've said. Why don't you also do us a favour and take picx of the Mainland where you live. Until then 'Zip ur lips'...thankx!

1 Like

Re: The Growing Beauty Of Lagos (pics) by getukudo(m): 12:50am On Nov 28, 2012
bunmibola: Abeg, na beta area una sabi snap, some areas wey dey lagos are abandon project.Y u no go snap those areas and post it on Nl? Over sabi.

You help us snap na!? No be ur mate snap this ones?
Re: The Growing Beauty Of Lagos (pics) by Nobody: 2:07am On Nov 28, 2012
rman: I can't not believe some people are trying to rubbish this beautiful thread.

What exactly is their point?

Some people can not reason objectively anymore unless from a tribal angle ( AFAM )

It is only a fool that will say the current Lagos is not better organised with improved development than what it was 12yrs ago.

Finally, there is no developed city in the world without slums.

I was in BEIJING ( hope the spelling is correct ) when it won the most beautiful city in the world in 2002 and I saw slums in some areas.

@ ROSSIKE, THANK YOU FOR THE PICS

Thank you bro.. You see, many of these small boys that didn't experience the Lagos of the 80s and 90s are the ones making noise here. Those of us who did will attest to the fact that the city has come a long way. Mainland o, Island o, the place has improved considerably. Some would say radically. I mean, rubbish heaps used to be all over the city, even on the island, back in the day. On the island all the sidewalks were broken, there was perennial flooding, the roads were a joke. On the mainland, places like Oshodi were a study in urban chaos. I personally plied through the old Oshodi on my way to school every blessed day, battle hardened by Molue fights, fumes and surrounding filth. Somebody posted a picture of the new Oshodi above. It's a world away from the Oshodi one knew and experienced. So when we post these images it's not because we think Lagos is now El Dorado, but because we know where Lagos is coming from, and where it is clearly heading. cool cool

2 Likes

Re: The Growing Beauty Of Lagos (pics) by Nobody: 2:16am On Nov 28, 2012
Nice images. But, Nigeria is too disorganized, even, looking at those pictures you will see what a third world country is about! Sorry to say organized cities are not about glittery and greenery, modern buildings and expensive vehicles but about the people who make up the society. The largest numbers of people walking on the street on those images look frustrated and disturbed. Please, there is lot to be done about Nigerian cities before comparing them to famously known cities of the world like London and Cape Town( though I haven't visited South Africa before).

A nation without constant electricity, no good roads, not basic facilities is no way to be mentioned in this regard. It is surprising as large as Lagos city there is no central sewage system - that is not encouraging at all.

What the hell is wrong with these Nigerian leaders!? They are annoying to say the least!
Re: The Growing Beauty Of Lagos (pics) by Kukute1: 2:52am On Nov 28, 2012
ROSSIKE:

Hmmm. The Lady Standing looks like Valerie!
Re: The Growing Beauty Of Lagos (pics) by manny4life(m): 4:16am On Nov 28, 2012
ROSSIKE:

I am Manny, and I endorse this message. Didn't I say the same thing?

SE scares the sh.it out of me, and believe it, the Capitol happens to be in the South. White House shows you Penn Ave. on the North West side(the lovely pretty part), they don't show u Penn Ave to the North East part.
Re: The Growing Beauty Of Lagos (pics) by pendusky(m): 6:22am On Nov 28, 2012
Eko Ni baye oh! Ùpon al dis pix, VI has the most beautiful Structures...1004 estate inclusive... Mobil corporate hqt, oriental hotel, shoprite, etc...
Re: The Growing Beauty Of Lagos (pics) by Originalsly: 6:33am On Nov 28, 2012
Rare pics of the bright side of Lagos. Nice. Every city has its swanky area which is so often publicised that those not familiar with it may believe that the entire city is brigjt and beautiful. However, the brighter side of Lagos is not publicised as much as it should so I see this thread as a breath of fresh air. At the same time am wondering if these buildings are owned by Nigerians...if not...we need to think if this is really development or Nigeria is being sold out.
Re: The Growing Beauty Of Lagos (pics) by dtc2k(m): 7:30am On Nov 28, 2012
Please show us the other parts of Lagos like Oshodi, Mushin, Agege, Ikorodu, etc and lets us enjoy the real growing Beauty of Lagos.Enough of propaganda.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Air Peace Acquires Boeing B777-200 Aircraft; Sets New Record / GEJ Trekker, OladeleNihi Involved In Accident (Photos) / Flight That Took Off In 2017 And Landed In 2016

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.