Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,740 members, 7,817,041 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:26 AM

Evil Spirit Behind Nigeria’s Darkness, Power Minister Tells SA Investors - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Evil Spirit Behind Nigeria’s Darkness, Power Minister Tells SA Investors (11164 Views)

$2.1 Arms Scam: Your Utterances Are Unprofessional – Ex-Minister Tells Sagay / Uninterrupted Electricity Impossible In Nigeria Now— Power Minister: Prof. Nebo / Power Minister To TCN: Perform Or Bow Out (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Evil Spirit Behind Nigeria’s Darkness, Power Minister Tells SA Investors by Akaraiwe(m): 7:10am On Nov 28, 2012
It's a metaphor. Our Journalist and the way they quote people halfway
Re: Evil Spirit Behind Nigeria’s Darkness, Power Minister Tells SA Investors by takedat(m): 7:10am On Nov 28, 2012
Raggedy_Ann:

“Evil spirits” is only a metaphor. She was refering to those persons that are bent to perpetuate the corruption in the power sector thereby preventing improvement. Lol, yes they are evil spirits!
Even if it was meant to be a metaphor, is it not outright foolishness to say such in the presence of the so called Foreign investors. Reasons why others don't take us serious!
Re: Evil Spirit Behind Nigeria’s Darkness, Power Minister Tells SA Investors by Whobedatte(m): 7:11am On Nov 28, 2012
Raggedy_Ann:

“Evil spirits” is only a metaphor. She was refering to those persons that are bent to perpetuate the corruption in the power sector thereby preventing improvement. Lol, yes they are evil spirits!
TRUE, Evil spirits by her assertions definitely aren't the forces of darkness, they are the cabals/Shenanigans that have taken a stronghold of every facet of the economy!!!
Re: Evil Spirit Behind Nigeria’s Darkness, Power Minister Tells SA Investors by justman29(m): 7:12am On Nov 28, 2012
evil spirit indeed! D poor spirit must be a generator merchant with wonderful marketting strategies... The south africans
better tear race b4 d spirit cast spells on them... Lolz
Re: Evil Spirit Behind Nigeria’s Darkness, Power Minister Tells SA Investors by Nobody: 7:19am On Nov 28, 2012
Joke of the day,evil spirit kor witchcraft spirit ni
Re: Evil Spirit Behind Nigeria’s Darkness, Power Minister Tells SA Investors by Nobody: 7:24am On Nov 28, 2012
oh dear, these are the folks entrusted with governing our nation?

1 Like

Re: Evil Spirit Behind Nigeria’s Darkness, Power Minister Tells SA Investors by noholdsbarred(m): 7:28am On Nov 28, 2012
These people are going to embarrass us as a nation with their thoughtless utterances. Can't Nigeria do better?
Re: Evil Spirit Behind Nigeria’s Darkness, Power Minister Tells SA Investors by Eltonluigi(m): 7:30am On Nov 28, 2012
texazzpete: Metaphor ke. Someone uses 'evil spirit' and 'darkness' in the same sentence and you say na metaphor?
Oxymoron?
Re: Evil Spirit Behind Nigeria’s Darkness, Power Minister Tells SA Investors by kadree(m): 7:36am On Nov 28, 2012
Even dis days,evil spirit nid light to operate.
Yeye talk.
Re: Evil Spirit Behind Nigeria’s Darkness, Power Minister Tells SA Investors by Nobody: 7:41am On Nov 28, 2012
DEUTERONOMY 28 CURSES
Re: Evil Spirit Behind Nigeria’s Darkness, Power Minister Tells SA Investors by aieromon(m): 7:41am On Nov 28, 2012
Maybe she's refering to evilspirit,a Nairaland poster.
Re: Evil Spirit Behind Nigeria’s Darkness, Power Minister Tells SA Investors by miqos02(m): 7:42am On Nov 28, 2012
Now I see,even the oil problems are caused by evil spirits.prayer points for shiloh 2012.I need to pastor oyedepo
Re: Evil Spirit Behind Nigeria’s Darkness, Power Minister Tells SA Investors by PeterKbaba: 7:44am On Nov 28, 2012
dridowu: I guess the Evil Spirit are PDP & Past Nigeria Leaders to Present

ALL PAST AND PRESENT PRESIDENT OF NIGERIA ARE IN PDP..... WE KEEP SUFFERING AND SMILING, WHEN ITS TIME TO VOTE, WE VOTE THEM IN AND START TO CRY LATER. ONE OF THE GREATEST SCIENTIST OF ALL TIME SAID'
Insanity: Doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.
Albert Einstein

2015, ONLY THE BEST ON MERIT SHOULD BE ALLOWED IN.... REGARDLESS OF TRIBE OR RELIGION.
Re: Evil Spirit Behind Nigeria’s Darkness, Power Minister Tells SA Investors by younglad007(m): 7:44am On Nov 28, 2012
See talk"evil spirit"some times i dey wonda if dis ppl get sense sef,dem go dey talk nonsense dey disgrace nigerians
Re: Evil Spirit Behind Nigeria’s Darkness, Power Minister Tells SA Investors by Demdem(m): 7:48am On Nov 28, 2012
The killer party is the evil behind darkness in our dear nation no doubt.
Re: Evil Spirit Behind Nigeria’s Darkness, Power Minister Tells SA Investors by escobar07(m): 7:51am On Nov 28, 2012
Think she was only speaking metaphorically
Re: Evil Spirit Behind Nigeria’s Darkness, Power Minister Tells SA Investors by Valon4ego(m): 7:56am On Nov 28, 2012
what i don't understand is that after she claims that evil spirits are behind the power mediocre in the country,she asked for help in exorcising those spirits by constructing roads etc since she claims that it is the work of evil spirit that the nation have not develop the way it should, logic follows that those ' evil spirits' will also frustrate international aids. One begins to wonder why a nation that is so 'blessed' with myriads of religious leaders should be complaining of evil spirits
Re: Evil Spirit Behind Nigeria’s Darkness, Power Minister Tells SA Investors by Paulmystery: 8:00am On Nov 28, 2012
Isnt this enough to relief her of her duty. Square peg in round hole...she is nt even ashamed.
Re: Evil Spirit Behind Nigeria’s Darkness, Power Minister Tells SA Investors by Meddler(f): 8:03am On Nov 28, 2012
take dat: Even if it was meant to be a metaphor, is it not outright foolishness to say such in the presence of the so called Foreign investors. Reasons why others don't take us serious!

Exactly!! Methaphor or not there are manner of speaking when addressing the public, investors or any important person or group of people. Kai!! Most polticians in dis country have to go for courses on business writing and speaking. This is very inappropriate especially to investors looking to invest their hard earned money. Imagine how this wud sound to them. The impression they are giving of the country is very bad.

1 Like

Re: Evil Spirit Behind Nigeria’s Darkness, Power Minister Tells SA Investors by ypzilanti: 8:03am On Nov 28, 2012
I'm not making this up.

I googled 'evil spirits at PHCN Nigeria' and the following popped up as my search results:

1. Olusegun Obasanjo

2. Goodluck Jonathan

3. Femi Otedola

4. Ifeanyi Ubah

5. Deziani Maduekwe

6.Atiku Abubakar...

the list goes on an on...check it out yourself.

1 Like

Re: Evil Spirit Behind Nigeria’s Darkness, Power Minister Tells SA Investors by Chrisc: 8:04am On Nov 28, 2012
Nigeria don soffer, na die na remain
Re: Evil Spirit Behind Nigeria’s Darkness, Power Minister Tells SA Investors by Wsdm: 8:06am On Nov 28, 2012
Ehe now... Send holy ghost fire now. Stupid people.
Re: Evil Spirit Behind Nigeria’s Darkness, Power Minister Tells SA Investors by gogodaye(m): 8:08am On Nov 28, 2012
Good Lord do have mercy on us in Nigeria. How do we make progress in the larger comity of nations when our leaders and technocrats think along these lines. This probably accounts for the rationale for the recent acquisition of a private jet by the president of CAN who throngs the corridors of Aso Villa in Abuja.
Re: Evil Spirit Behind Nigeria’s Darkness, Power Minister Tells SA Investors by Okukk(m): 8:13am On Nov 28, 2012
She maybe right. Our epileptic power challenge is really more than the physical. If this can help get the necessary healing abeg I enjoin all to be prayerful.
Re: Evil Spirit Behind Nigeria’s Darkness, Power Minister Tells SA Investors by Meddler(f): 8:14am On Nov 28, 2012
Where are Sam and Dean Winchester when you need them. These are tasks for hunters! grin

1 Like

Re: Evil Spirit Behind Nigeria’s Darkness, Power Minister Tells SA Investors by caesaraba(m): 8:16am On Nov 28, 2012
Yeah, she's on point. Real evil spirits in that sector.
Re: Evil Spirit Behind Nigeria’s Darkness, Power Minister Tells SA Investors by nagoma(m): 8:16am On Nov 28, 2012
Evil? Yes!
Spirit? No!
Re: Evil Spirit Behind Nigeria’s Darkness, Power Minister Tells SA Investors by oyeezee(m): 8:19am On Nov 28, 2012
Evil spirits ?
Now i tink we need TB Joshua in our power sector grin grin grin
Re: Evil Spirit Behind Nigeria’s Darkness, Power Minister Tells SA Investors by ajf(m): 8:19am On Nov 28, 2012
It was just an exaggeration. she isn't talking about the literary 'evil spirit'... That is the only way I can explain a minister saying this anyway...
Re: Evil Spirit Behind Nigeria’s Darkness, Power Minister Tells SA Investors by caesaraba(m): 8:20am On Nov 28, 2012
gogodaye: Good Lord do have mercy on us in Nigeria. How do we make progress in the larger comity of nations when our leaders and technocrats think along these lines. This probably accounts for the rationale for the recent acquisition of a private jet by the president of CAN who throngs the corridors of Aso Villa in Abuja.

Err...enlighten me please. Minister's use of metaphor = Private jet? (how do they connect?)
Re: Evil Spirit Behind Nigeria’s Darkness, Power Minister Tells SA Investors by ypzilanti: 8:22am On Nov 28, 2012
Okukk: She maybe right. Our epileptic power challenge is really more than the physical. If this can help get the necessary healing abeg I enjoin all to be prayerful.

Hahahahahaha. I imagine you are being sarcastic.

In other news, the evil spirits said they are responsible for the pot holes and craters on your highways, but that they know nothing about the light issue. 'Ask our friend OBJ' they said.
Re: Evil Spirit Behind Nigeria’s Darkness, Power Minister Tells SA Investors by ochukoccna: 8:23am On Nov 28, 2012
Ejiné: The Igbo man has left, and as expected, it's time for the ministry to retrogress back to its original rotten form.
Must you tribalize every issue like Achebe
Was the igbo man not sacked (urged to resign) by by his president 'brother' to whom he's joined @ the hip?
Mtsheew

@ thread,evil spirits in Aso Rock &PDP
Seems indirectly told the South Africans to bring along their sangomas (read as bribe money) to tackle this 'evil spirits'

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Arewa Chiefs In Agege, Lagos Back Buhari For Presidency / Lagos Assembly Claims Ignorance Of Ambode’s 2019 Budget Presentation / Omokri: Obi, Tinubu Are Regional Candidates, Atiku Is A National Leader (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.