Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,468 members, 7,816,099 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:46 AM

Pastors & Hiv/aids: What Are They Doing ? - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Pastors & Hiv/aids: What Are They Doing ? (1149 Views)

Maduike Ezeibe Claims He Cures HIV/AIDS / HIV/AIDS Drugs To Be Manufactured In Nigeria - UNAIDS / How Were They Doing It Before Sanitary Pads? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Pastors & Hiv/aids: What Are They Doing ? by igbsam(m): 8:52am On Feb 10, 2008
Hi all. I am writing this thread in pains and agony. I had an opportunity to work with an organisation called G.H.A.I.N who are presently helping people living with HIV/AIDS with the ARV drugs to help them stay alive. I was posted to one of the general hospitals in lagos where these people come every week or every month to receive the drugs and do so many test and so on. Guys, the way it sounds here is not as painful as am feeling inside. I see DEATH in the face of some people who have lost hope of not living. Infact someone fell down and died right in my presence and i was emotionally down for some days before i took up the courage to write this here.

We dont have the cure for this ailment yet. I want to ask, why can't all Nigerian Men of God, Pastors, great men of God who claim to work in this vine yard or should I say C.A.N ( Christian Association of Nigeria) come together under one roof fast and pray to God to show them the cure for this disease. People are dying everyday. A case of an innocent child who contacted the virus through blood transfusion and many other cases.

Please Let all the pastors come together and pray under one roof and lets find the cure for this disease before it wipes out all this generation.

Please say something about this. Lets also stop stigmatism cos its the cause of early death for those living with this disease. There is still hope if we ask God to show us.

STAY ALIVE and USE PROTECTION.
Re: Pastors & Hiv/aids: What Are They Doing ? by omogenaija(f): 8:59am On Feb 10, 2008
when God is ready he will do his work, but thanks for this powerful message. God Bless.
Re: Pastors & Hiv/aids: What Are They Doing ? by fsb(m): 10:14am On Feb 10, 2008
igbsam:

Hi all. I am writing this thread in pains and agony. I had an opportunity to work with an organisation called G.H.A.I.N who are presently helping people living with HIV/AIDS with the ARV drugs to help them stay alive. I was posted to one of the general hospitals in lagos where these people come every week or every month to receive the drugs and do so many test and so on. Guys, the way it sounds here is not as painful as am feeling inside. I see DEATH in the face of some people who have lost hope of not living. Infact someone fell down and died right in my presence and i was emotionally down for some days before i took up the courage to write this here.

We don't have the cure for this ailment yet. I want to ask, why can't all Nigerian Men of God, Pastors, great men of God who claim to work in this vine yard or should I say C.A.N ( Christian Association of Nigeria) come together under one roof fast and pray to God to show them the cure for this disease. People are dying everyday. A case of an innocent child who contacted the virus through blood transfusion and many other cases.

Please Let all the pastors come together and pray under one roof and lets find the cure for this disease before it wipes out all this generation.

Please say something about this. Lets also stop stigmatism because its the cause of early death for those living with this disease. There is still hope if we ask God to show us.

STAY ALIVE and USE PROTECTION.

You have a good point, I used to ask myself the same question years ago until I began to see patients die for years and the initial feeling of remorse and a feeling that I could actually do something disappeared.

I am however, optimistic that a cure for HIV will be found someday despite the current teaching (Edward Jenner discovered the pox vaccine by an accidental discovery - before then, millions of people had died). In any case, from a medical standpoint, I believe rate of new cases will drop each year if the rate of sexual *** falls and the Nigerian medical society improves screening standard of blood prior to being transfused.

I'm sure from your experience you must have discovered that you can't really screen blood for HIV. Imagine "Man A" who is infected with HIV but is in the window period (where HIV cannot be detected in the blood by routine tests); this man donates his blood which is screened as HIV negative and given to someone else only for the recipient to turn HIV positive months later.

I believe that until something can be done about that, it's really better to take up the Jehovah's witness faith (of not receiving blood transfusion). But again, in Nigeria, that can be a big mistake 'cos there are no alternatives.

Answering your question, I believe that God does know that at some point HIV will stop afflicting men but (my opinion) I believe our hope lies in R&grin of new drugs AND not in pastors laying hands on each and every infectee. I'm very sure you know the amount of people infected in lagos alone-probably a very good number of the population.

GENERAL ADVICE: From my experience, I've seen people sick from HIV (in one very memorable case 3 yrs ago, this man's skin were literally peeling off from his body - saw him one day, he died by the next morning) and I've seen people on medication who look healthier than me (FYI, I'm negative), SO BE EVERYONE PLEASE BE REALLY CAREFUL! THIS THING IS SERIOUS!

HIV/AIDS NO DEY SHOW FOR FACE!!!

fsb

(1) (Reply)

Sharing Toilets / Menopause At 30? / Price Of Gynecological Visits In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.