Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,157 members, 7,818,503 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:31 PM

Artistes That Have No Business In The Music Industry - Music/Radio (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Artistes That Have No Business In The Music Industry (8027 Views)

Who Deserves Credit For A Hit Song, The Music Producer Or The Artiste? / Top 10 Nigerian Artistes That Are Very Good Back-up Singers / Nigerian Artistes That Should Quit Singing(time Up) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Artistes That Have No Business In The Music Industry by Moonstone(f): 10:21pm On Mar 07, 2009
i_laugh:

you guy's are so funny - you contend that these guys have no business in the music industry, yet they make millions from being in the music industry, so where else would you say they should be? Someone even said Diddy shouldnt be in the industry, what a funny thing to say. make una stay there while dem from una nose continue raking in millions while you sit down there writting rubbish.
Diddy did not make his main money from his OWN music which is why I said he has no business doing that. He made most of it from forming bands on MTV and having his own record label as well as stuff like Sean John. He should stick to being behind scenes. I just saw a clip of his and that guy is raving mad.
Re: Artistes That Have No Business In The Music Industry by TOYOSI20(f): 10:26pm On Mar 07, 2009
MrCrackles:

I dont agree with the above

Nore is pretty average and just needs to be consistent as well as getting them unloyal muthafuckers outta his crew!

Not if he stays his butt in the studio making good music and quit shuttling in and out of jail like his life depended on it, . . . . shocked shocked shocked shocked

He was quite sound in the 90's but honestly Brashy, it appears his time to shine is now EXTINCT!!! undecided

Constistency is the Key word here, he lacks that greatly!! lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: Artistes That Have No Business In The Music Industry by MrCrackles(m): 7:43am On Mar 08, 2009
TOYOSI20:

Not if he stays his butt in the studio making good music and quit shuttling in and out of jail like his life depended on it, . . . . shocked shocked shocked shocked

He was quite sound in the 90's but honestly Brashy, it appears his time to shine is now EXTINCT!!! undecided

Constistency is the Key word here, he lacks that greatly!! lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

I think he still has one or two more albums in him before he packs up!

He needs to get outhere, get fresh and do some quality studio time plus deep thinking

90'a was his time and i was a fan back then, but now, NORE dont get in the news for news for the right reasons

A lotta artiste lack consistency nowadays truth be told
! cheesy
Re: Artistes That Have No Business In The Music Industry by peachie(f): 2:22pm On Mar 11, 2009
When i  hear some so called 'naija artists' i cringe because its all about making money these days, no creativity, no rythm and rhyme and worst of all no originality. The likes of kc presh, durella, and especially [b]JAZZMAN OLOFIN have NO business in the industry!!!!!!!!!!!! angry angry angry Oh and i forget ALARIWO.

People stop investing in crap, listen to good music from the likes of KSA, OBEY, SADE ADU, MAJEK FASHEK, ASA, TY, ONYEKA, MIKE OKRI AND FELA etc and get used to good classic music that will last forever. My 2 kobo.
Re: Artistes That Have No Business In The Music Industry by pureminded: 12:15pm On Apr 24, 2009
Alariwo is useless (too know too much for him, he believes he knows everything because it's been long etc angry ) zaaky azay (E don old but no wan gree , Using old styles to sing) Big bamo (it's not by force)
Re: Artistes That Have No Business In The Music Industry by kikelomo22: 12:02am On Apr 25, 2009
@Baro and tosinadeda, i think u guys are very stupid ignorant morons cos if u are sayin peepz like MP dont have any business in the industry then u need to check the dudes CV, Right from the time of JJC 419 up until he went solo, he has been rockin naija clubz. You need to hear tracks like 'the one for me' and u will know dude's talented. Get your facts right before you start posting rubbish threads here. I bet u dont live in Nigeria. You sound like a f£$£ing wannabe u dickhead.
By the PASA PASA was a great track and it has earned him awards and loads of money.
Re: Artistes That Have No Business In The Music Industry by baslone: 10:31am On Apr 25, 2009
Besides Wande And D'banj,

The whole Mo' Hits Crew!
Re: Artistes That Have No Business In The Music Industry by boyplu: 12:35pm On Apr 25, 2009
Who are we kidding?
Which Nigerian artist really makes music for the music itself? They are in it for the money and you can't really blame any one artist like rasqie or Mp for trying to make a living from music. The Nigerian music industry still has a long way to go from all these bubblegum dance tracks that we all move our bodies to. Thank God for artisits like Asa and Dare art alade who are not afraid to explore a more creative side to music. When Nigeria is ready for good music, i believe it will come, but right now, its the business that drives the artist 80 percent and possibly the passion for it adds the remaining 20.
Re: Artistes That Have No Business In The Music Industry by Baro(m): 12:46pm On Apr 25, 2009
@Boylu,

You have made a very valid point, however i think it's ok for gifted artistes to make money out of their talents, but those i have issues with are those trying too had to get fame and wealth from what they are not good at . . . . .
Re: Artistes That Have No Business In The Music Industry by kikelomo22: 3:30pm On Apr 25, 2009
@boyplu. You are a very sensible person indeed. At least u have acknowledged the fact that Music is a business and artistes like MP and Eldee have to do what people want. Which is the so called bubble gum music. We all know cats like Eldee, Rasqie and MP have talent cos they used to do critically acclaimed songs before but if with bubble gum music they could get peoples attention and get shows they might as well stick to the winning formula. I really hate it when people dont think before they just start gunning down talented Nigerian artistes. Why is it that the likes of Diddy and Lil Wayne make more money than Talib Kweli and Common. I need Baro and tosinadeda to answer that for me.
Re: Artistes That Have No Business In The Music Industry by Nobody: 5:59pm On Apr 25, 2009
SOME PEOPLE JUST DEY TALK JAGONZ FOR HERE!!!
Re: Artistes That Have No Business In The Music Industry by baslone: 10:00pm On Apr 25, 2009
faakay:

SOME PEOPLE JUST DEY TALK JAGONZ FOR HERE!!!

skiiiiiii-banj!!!!!!!! grin
Re: Artistes That Have No Business In The Music Industry by Utali(m): 12:07pm On Apr 26, 2009
'I have never seen a statue in honour of a Critic' -One very wise man long time ago
Re: Artistes That Have No Business In The Music Industry by lalaboi(m): 10:45pm On Jun 05, 2009
Ladies and gents!! i present to you. . . .SKYYYY BBBBB lol

[flash=425,344]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G5zJujUi-D4&hl=en&fs=1&" type="[/flash]
Re: Artistes That Have No Business In The Music Industry by rapjunkie(m): 11:08pm On Jun 05, 2009
@lalaboi

Yes, he is pretty crap . . . . . . and the girl was just as bad . . . . cheap ass video. . .

Do u think Skyb is pretending to be this wack and its all a big joke? I mean, can he REALLY be this bad? shocked

BUT i still think D'large is worse. (See page 4 of this thread)

what do u think?
Re: Artistes That Have No Business In The Music Industry by MrCrackles(m): 11:29pm On Jun 05, 2009
Mos
lalaboi:

[flash=425,344]

EXCRUTIATINGLY PAINFUL! embarassed embarassed embarassed cry
Re: Artistes That Have No Business In The Music Industry by MrCrackles(m): 11:31pm On Jun 05, 2009
[size=18pt]TAIYA SOUL

K-16

BRB![/size]
Re: Artistes That Have No Business In The Music Industry by lalaboi(m): 11:33pm On Jun 05, 2009
MrCrackles:

Mos
EXCRUTIATINGLY PAINFUL! embarassed embarassed embarassed cry

Haba. . . .checkout page 4 for what RapJ was talking about lol. . .its worse

RapJ. . . .lol "this is for all the guyz, who cannot express their feeling to their loving ones". . . , That guy is a disgrace to naija music. . . .am sure he didnt do that video in an english speaking country! lol
Re: Artistes That Have No Business In The Music Industry by audio: 11:33pm On Jun 05, 2009
MrCrackles:

[size=18pt]TAIYA SOUL

K-16

BRB![/size]

So i was right, another hater. Let me guess, you're a big 9ice fan right
Re: Artistes That Have No Business In The Music Industry by MrCrackles(m): 11:37pm On Jun 05, 2009
audio:

So i was right, another hater. Let me guess, you're a big 9ice fan right

You cant just go round calling me an hater, you pathetic scumbag! angry

I have class and i dont listen or subscribe to jargons and morons who think they can sing!!!

Fuc.k 9ICE and all the rest of the sub-below par shitty artistes outhere
Re: Artistes That Have No Business In The Music Industry by MrCrackles(m): 11:39pm On Jun 05, 2009
lalaboi:

Trust me, that is the final straw! shocked
Re: Artistes That Have No Business In The Music Industry by rapjunkie(m): 11:47pm On Jun 05, 2009
MrCrackles:

You cant just go round calling me an hater, you pathetic scumbag! angry

I have class and i dont listen or subscribe to jargons and morons who think they can sing!!!

Fuc.k 9ICE and all the rest of the sub-below par shitty artistes outhere

I think Mr Crackles is in a bad mood today   grin

lalaboi:

RapJ. . . .lol "this is for all the guyz, who cannot express their feeling to their loving ones". . . ,  That guy is a disgrace to naija music. . . .am sure he didnt do that video in an english speaking country! lol

lol . . . . . . .  grin grin grin grin grin grin

lala

U might have seen this guy on another thread but check him out

[flash=425,344]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_yomQw30-To[/flash]
Re: Artistes That Have No Business In The Music Industry by asha80(m): 11:49pm On Jun 05, 2009
Olu maintain.

Like Brash said the guy is a heap of coagulated sperm.
Re: Artistes That Have No Business In The Music Industry by lalaboi(m): 11:55pm On Jun 05, 2009
RapJ. . . ,

That guy circulated the whole of my friend list on FB, . . . . . He had 3 waste videos on youtube showing off his horrible dance steps and singing voice. . . .I am so ashamed these guyz are nigerian. . .lol. , if a non nigerian asks me if they nigerian. . . .i'll tell them nahhhhhh they are Kenyans! lol
Re: Artistes That Have No Business In The Music Industry by chiogo(f): 11:57pm On Jun 05, 2009
lalaboi:

[flash=425,344]
Na wa oo  cheesy It's funny 'cause I just finished listening to Stan, I knew the beat was familiar. I know Eminem is good but I never thought any so called black rapper would try to imitate him, like the difference is clear. LMAO. The girl tried a little, wouldn't say the white girl in Eminem's song had such a WONDERFUL voice, it just blended well. poor video from that guy, poor voice, what's with the whole entourage and the way he moves?. Lawdy Lord!! cheesy
Re: Artistes That Have No Business In The Music Industry by kaypumpin2(m): 11:58pm On Jun 05, 2009
Da prince of Mo Hit should be flushed down the toilet
Re: Artistes That Have No Business In The Music Industry by audio: 12:00am On Jun 06, 2009
lalaboi:

RapJ. . . , 

That  guy circulated the whole of my friend list on FB, . . . . . He had 3 waste videos on youtube showing off his horrible dance steps and singing voice. . . .I am so ashamed these guyz are nigerian. . .lol. , if a non nigerian asks me if they nigerian. . . .i'll tell them nahhhhhh they are Kenyans! lol

Treasure in you, hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha, i can't stop laughing,  Oh my God, this almost makes up for me not going out tonight, please if you have any more, let me hear, hahahah, lalaboi, you have to start a thread
Re: Artistes That Have No Business In The Music Industry by lalaboi(m): 12:02am On Jun 06, 2009
audio:

Treasure in you, hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha, i can't stop laughing,  Oh my God, this almost makes up for me not going out tonight, please if you have any more, let me hear, hahahah, lalaboi, you have to start a thread

I think there is a thread but has a rather crap heading. . . .will bring it to live when i see it lol!

i'll post his other songs here now lol. . . . .
Re: Artistes That Have No Business In The Music Industry by lalaboi(m): 12:03am On Jun 06, 2009
[flash=425,344]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2R3tF2AQ094&hl=en&fs=1&" type="[/flash]

Down with his clique or whatever! lol
Re: Artistes That Have No Business In The Music Industry by rapjunkie(m): 12:14am On Jun 06, 2009
lol . . ,  .  . how deluded can some people be?  . . . . . .how can this guy believe that he is a musician?.

well, he has unwittingly created comedy magic for our enjoyment

grin grin
Re: Artistes That Have No Business In The Music Industry by kayc33(m): 12:33am On Jun 06, 2009
@ Topic

Goldie! angry anybody heard of dat wacko? she sulks big time angry
Re: Artistes That Have No Business In The Music Industry by lalaboi(m): 12:35am On Jun 06, 2009
kayc33:

@ Topic

Goldie! angry anybody heard of dat wacko? she sulks big time angry

Yeh. . . .Its a shame OJB jezrell puts in a lotta effort for her when he can do it for better artistes. . .he's just wasting his talent!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

What Versions Of Oleku Have You Heard And Which Is Your Favourite? / Download ALBUM: Mayorkun – The Mayor Of Lagos (TMOL) / Adekunle Gold, Zinoleesky - Party No Dey Stop (Official Music Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.