Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,093 members, 7,821,779 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 06:20 PM

Yoruba Groups Want Okada Banned In South West - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Yoruba Groups Want Okada Banned In South West (9638 Views)

Yoruba Groups Support Biafra, Asks FG To Release Kanu / Jimi Agbaje Rides Okada To Rally (PHOTOS) / Building On Weekends & Public-Holidays Banned In Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Yoruba Groups Want Okada Banned In South West by Nobody: 7:08pm On Nov 30, 2012
Maybe the next governator will campaign with kekenapep
Nigeria we hail thee

Re: Yoruba Groups Want Okada Banned In South West by NegroNtns(m): 7:15pm On Nov 30, 2012
afam4eva:
No, i'm not deviating.

I stand by my assertion that one of the reasons why Lagos receives a huge allocation is owing to it's huge population.

This is simply a conjecture. Lagos has more population but receives less than Kano. Beside, the focus remains that there are "irritants" that impact way of life....such human conducts and behaviors that are dis-harmonious to the orderly and organized way of traditional culture and life style in Yorubaland. Until recently when immigrants brought with them their chaotic and disjointed way of living to infest in Yorubaland we are never known to be a land of chaos and disorder. Its time to bring back orderliness. If okada operators want alternative employment there are welcoming markets to accept them....in Kano, Kaduna. The same conatitutional right they claim for presence in Lagos extends and is guaranteed to them in bokoharam territoty.

So they have a choice.....and the government has a plan.

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Groups Want Okada Banned In South West by RealMccoy2(m): 7:41pm On Nov 30, 2012
I would rather have Okada riders that area boys harassing innocent people. Why are you guys not considering Omo-onile ,NURTW and area boys menace to your society? No one called Lagos a Yoruba land when the state was been built with federal resources . The sea ports, Air port and other federal government own properties were built because it was one's the capital of Nigeria. Third main land bridge, Ikorodu road and other majors roads were not built by Yorubas... Most of the people here claiming to be Lagosian are migrants in the UK searching for greener pasture meanwhile they are speaking against those Nigerians that came to a former Capital to search for their own greener pasture. Most billionaires in Yoruba land made their money of oil block from Niger Delta given to them by their Northern friends.... Stop with the hypocrisy , you fought for one Nigeria and now you are complaining ? Eradicate area boys from your land first.
Re: Yoruba Groups Want Okada Banned In South West by NegroNtns(m): 8:09pm On Nov 30, 2012
Real-Mccoy:
I would rather have Okada riders that area boys harassing innocent people. Why are you guys not considering Omo-onile ,NURTW and area boys menace to your society? No one called Lagos a Yoruba land when the state was been built with federal resources . The sea ports, Air port and other federal government own properties were built because it was one's the capital of Nigeria. Third main land bridge, Ikorodu road and other majors roads were not built by Yorubas... Most of the people here claiming to be Lagosian are migrants in the UK searching for greener pasture meanwhile they are speaking against those Nigerians that came to a former Capital to search for their own greener pasture. Most billionaires in Yoruba land made their money of oil block from Niger Delta given to them by their Northern friends.... Stop with the hypocrisy , you fought for one Nigeria and now you are complaining ? Eradicate area boys from your land first.

Lagos was not built by FG. The developments you listed were built by colonial govt. FG retained their maintenance after independence. The retainership if these developments ended when FG vacated Lagos.

The colonial tenure on the land was an outcome of a treaty with Oba of Lagos. So when colonial government ended the treaty naturally was never renewed by FG, which defaulted the land back into Oba's control.

Lagos State was created in 1967 and with it FG did not contest or stopped the Oba and the Lagos municipality from operating a parallel administration on the land. There was an attempt by FG to reclassify Lagos as FCT. Oba Oyekan shut it down. If it had succeeded in that attempt then the FG would have owned Lagos municipality and your claim of its role as a nationally owned city would have been accurate....fortunately for the land owners, it served only as a capital territory and not a Federal posession as would have been the case had FG won. The territorial statute is itself expired upon move to Abuja and the land once again defaulted back to Oba and his chiefs. Fashola serves under the decree of May 1967 that created Lagos State. If that decree is annulled Fashola would have no power....but decree or no decree, constitutiin or no constitution, Nigeria or no Nigeria.....Oba and his Chiefs remain the natural owners of Lagos.

2 Likes

Re: Yoruba Groups Want Okada Banned In South West by RealMccoy2(m): 8:20pm On Nov 30, 2012
I would be in support of those Yorubas claiming ownership to their land if it was Ibadan, the former capital of old western region . Area boys and NURTW are killing themselves in Mushin , are they not considered threat to lives and properties because they are Yorubas? London is considered second home to Yorubas , what if whites wake up tomorrow and says enough is enough for non white migrants taking over their jobs, wouldn't there be riots in London and demonstration at UK embassy in Lagos? I am now for one Nigeria as others and thereby understand it comes with a price tag( free flow of migrants). If you can't provide alternatives, just be quiet .
Re: Yoruba Groups Want Okada Banned In South West by RealMccoy2(m): 8:41pm On Nov 30, 2012
Negro_Ntns:

Lagos was not built by FG. The developments you listed were built by colonial govt. FG retained their maintenance after independence. The retainership if these developments ended when FG vacated Lagos.

The colonial tenure on the land was an outcome of a treaty with Oba of Lagos. So when colonial government ended the treaty naturally was never renewed by FG, which defaulted the land back into Oba's control.

Lagos State was created in 1967 and with it FG did not contest or stopped the Oba and the Lagos municipality from operating a parallel administration on the land. There was an attempt by FG to reclassify Lagos as FCT. Oba Oyekan shut it down. If it had succeeded in that attempt then the FG would have owned Lagos municipality and your claim of its role as a nationally owned city would have been accurate....fortunately for the land owners, it served only as a capital territory and not a Federal posession as would have been the case had FG won. The territorial statute is itself expired upon move to Abuja and the land once again defaulted back to Oba and his chiefs. Fashola serves under the decree of May 1967 that created Lagos State. If that decree is annulled Fashola would have no power....but decree or no decree, constitutiin or no constitution, Nigeria or no Nigeria.....Oba and his Chiefs remain the natural owners of Lagos.
Who would annul the decree? I need proof on all what you just wrote? Who pays the pension of former employees of Nigeria Rail Way corporation in Lagos? Since you claim Lagos is now in full control of her citizen . Why didn't the Oba change the name of Lagos to a Yoruba name since he owns it? Most infrastructures in Lagos are owned by Federal government and still maintains ownership and oversees the appointment of directors....Sea Port, Air port, Power Holdings etc
Re: Yoruba Groups Want Okada Banned In South West by NegroNtns(m): 8:44pm On Nov 30, 2012
Real-Mccoy:
I would be in support of those Yorubas claiming ownership to their land if it was Ibadan, the former capital of old western region . Area boys and NURTW are killing themselves in Mushin , are they not considered threat to lives and properties because they are Yorubas? London is considered second home to Yorubas , what if whites wake up tomorrow and says enough is enough for non white migrants taking over their jobs, wouldn't there be riots in London and demonstration at UK embassy in Lagos? I am now for one Nigeria as others and thereby understand it comes with a price tag( free flow of migrants). If you can't provide alternatives, just be quiet .

Provide alternatives to what?

Can we have an Eze of Lagos? No! Can we have a Sarki of Lagos? No!
Yoruba can occupy half of England if they want, can there ever be an Oba of England? No!

You need to separate political governance from land ownership and you will get a good grip of what this topic is about. Its not about the rights of non-Yorubas on Yorubaland....its about the rights of Yorubas to give orderliness to their land.

4 Likes

Re: Yoruba Groups Want Okada Banned In South West by Afam4eva(m): 10:08pm On Nov 30, 2012
Negro_Ntns:

This is simply a conjecture. Lagos has more population but receives less than Kano. Beside, the focus remains that there are "irritants" that impact way of life....such human conducts and behaviors that are dis-harmonious to the orderly and organized way of traditional culture and life style in Yorubaland. Until recently when immigrants brought with them their chaotic and disjointed way of living to infest in Yorubaland we are never known to be a land of chaos and disorder. Its time to bring back orderliness. If okada operators want alternative employment there are welcoming markets to accept them....in Kano, Kaduna. The same conatitutional right they claim for presence in Lagos extends and is guaranteed to them in bokoharam territoty.

So they have a choice.....and the government has a plan.
When people hears the way you're talking they'll think no single Yoruba person is an okada person. It now turns out that all the okada people that are causing nuissance are from the north and outside Nigeria.
Re: Yoruba Groups Want Okada Banned In South West by NegroNtns(m): 10:13pm On Nov 30, 2012
Afam,

You are not listening. THE CALL TO RID YORUBALAND OF DISODERLINESS IS ON AND WE ARE MOVING FOOORRRRWARD WITH IT!

Did the yiuths in an Ekiti town chased their Oba out of his palace because he was not Yoruba, or because he defiled the land? Our land must be respected.

3 Likes

Re: Yoruba Groups Want Okada Banned In South West by RealMccoy2(m): 12:24am On Dec 01, 2012
Negro_Ntns:

Provide alternatives to what?

Can we have an Eze of Lagos? No! Can we have a Sarki of Lagos? No!
Yoruba can occupy half of England if they want, can there ever be an Oba of England? No!
You need to separate political governance from land ownership and you will get a good grip of what this topic is about. Its not about the rights of non-Yorubas on Yorubaland....its about the rights of Yorubas to give orderliness to their land.
Same Rhetoric white supremacist used when they said they want their country back after Obama won the election. Apart from the international airport, Sea Ports , Multinational companies, private business owned by non indigenes of Lagos what else is special about Lagos state? Please don't allow tribalism becloud your judgement . Yorubas are in Kano state, Abuja and Port Harcourt living very comfortable without been asked to leave and I bet their opinion is way differ from yours. Apart from Jakande that built a housing estate which other Lagosian did same for his people? Marwa is a northerner but never allowed his tribe to becloud his performance when he was building housing projects all over Lagos state. Your priority sir is to fight against dumping of refuse and thuggery before banning those that sees Okada as means of their income.
Re: Yoruba Groups Want Okada Banned In South West by RealMccoy2(m): 12:27am On Dec 01, 2012
Negro_Ntns: Afam,

You are not listening. THE CALL TO RID YORUBALAND OF DISODERLINESS IS ON AND WE ARE MOVING FOOORRRRWARD WITH IT!

Did the yiuths in an Ekiti town chased their Oba out of his palace because he was not Yoruba, or because he defiled the land? Our land must be respected.
Start with riding area boys out of the street of Lagos till then I won't take your rant seriously . From observation I believe area boys are polluting Lagos morethan Okada riders...
Re: Yoruba Groups Want Okada Banned In South West by NegroNtns(m): 12:44am On Dec 01, 2012
Real-Mccoy:

Same Rhetoric white supremacist used when they said they want their country back after Obama won the election. Apart from the international airport, Sea Ports , Multinational companies, private business owned by non indigenes of Lagos what else is special about Lagos state? Please don't allow tribalism becloud your judgement . Yorubas are in Kano state, Abuja and Port Harcourt living very comfortable without been asked to leave and I bet their opinion is way differ from yours. Apart from Jakande that built a housing estate which other Lagosian did same for his people? Marwa is a northerner but never allowed his tribe to becloud his performance when he was building housing projects all over Lagos state. Your priority sir is to fight against dumping of refuse and thuggery before banning those that sees Okada as means of their income.

The rhetoric of white supremacist does not compare. The white supremacist are occupiers fighting to sideline another occupier on the land.

In Yorubaland we are talking about indigene taking their land back and asserting their traditional way of living. Chaos and disorderliness is foreign to this land, it came with foreigners and we are determined to expell all chaos and misfits on the land.....if it takes expelling non-conforming, non-rehabitable foreigners to get the job done, then so be it.

Yes, Yorubas live in other parts, thanks for bringing that in.....how many times have you read in news where Yorubas are causing mayhem or chaos in their host lands? People love to have us on their land because we make it better than we found it and if nothing else we never loose our heads and rampage on people land like we have no cultural training. People of high culture respect their culture and it shows in the way they equally honor other people culture when visiting their land. No Yoruba has ever said Kano or Onitsha or Port Harciurt belonged to him and he is never going back to west.

We know we are, at home or in Kano or Onitsha or Jos or Port Harcourt. We are different and we intend to begin teaching visitors on our land what that difference is.....you will live here in orderly fashion or yiu go back home with your chaos.
Re: Yoruba Groups Want Okada Banned In South West by NegroNtns(m): 12:49am On Dec 01, 2012
Real-Mccoy:

Start with riding area boys out of the street of Lagos till then I won't take your rant seriously . From observation I believe area boys are polluting Lagos morethan Okada riders...

Kidnappers, armed robbers, prostitutes, fake and unapproved drugs and merchandise.....these are worse off than area boys.

Area boys have been parts and parcel of Lagos before migrants trooped in after the war. They know their place in society and they dont cross the boundary. If they are a menace to you it must be something foreign in you that upsets them and has them on your trail.

3 Likes

Re: Yoruba Groups Want Okada Banned In South West by achi4u(m): 1:38am On Dec 01, 2012
ilugunboy:

Really sometimes you amazed me with your logic...are you implying that the sole criteria for Revenue sharing is Population? Far from it!! there are three or four others basis for sharing revenue.

I have three assumptions for your support for these Okada people:

1: You are never impressed with any ACN or South west governor policy...

2. Anything that will deteriorate the South west will find support with you.

3. The loss of jobs by your brothers in Nkwo Nnewi.

I am more inclined to believe the last assumption.
Say somthing about that your last assumption.
Re: Yoruba Groups Want Okada Banned In South West by RealMccoy2(m): 4:34am On Dec 01, 2012
Negro_Ntns:

Kidnappers, armed robbers, prostitutes, fake and unapproved drugs and merchandise.....these are worse off than area boys.

Area boys have been parts and parcel of Lagos before migrants trooped in after the war. They know their place in society and they dont cross the boundary. If they are a menace to you it must be something foreign in you that upsets them and has them on your trail.
Dude you are a bigot.. What culture? If you can't compete with them then try else where... I have seen through your double standard... Who is fighting Yoruba in their village? How I wish your people highlighted all these garbage before Lagos state was built with resource from Niger Delta and North. It's okay for your brothers to be hoodlums right? I see how great your I Q measured.... I can't wait to see when such action would be imposed by the invisible group. You can't even afford a land in Lagos yet you are claiming it? Work hard bruv, successful Yorubas won't share same idealogy with the not have. You fought for one Nigeria now you are whining that your northern counterparts are taking away your jobs? Please get use to the program.... Lagos is not Ibadan, which you have all right to hold claims to....self righteous hypocrites .....
Re: Yoruba Groups Want Okada Banned In South West by NegroNtns(m): 4:57am On Dec 01, 2012
Caallm down!!!

First, nairaland does not tolerate bigots....no room for bigotry here and I have been here four years and yet to encounter one instance of bigotry or met a bigot. You can accuse me of loving my people too much and being too patriotic to our native land but I am not a bigot.

Second, I dont practice double standard....everyone here know when Negro speak what to expect.

When oil was found in delta and the British went on to merge delta land to Nigeria, what stopped the deltans from rebelling and forcing the colonialists from sharing their wealth with others? Are you aware that was a choice they had?

I told you that Oba of Lagos stopped FG from taking posession of Lagos. The Deltans could have stopped FG from sharing its wealth with Lagos, why did they not do that? They could have said we want our oil money to go everywhere but Lagos. So shut your filthy trap about oil money developing Lagos.....the owners of the oil are elated that Lagos is enjoying their wealth. When they no longer wish that to happen thry should address it openly and take action in that direction to effect it. We have openly declared a need to bring sanity to Yorubaland and bring all people to order and you see it already happening in Lagos. There is nothing anybody can do to oppose or stop it. If bringing sanity to our land gives you this much distress, pack your yanmiri must go belongings and head back to your chaotic land.

2 Likes

Re: Yoruba Groups Want Okada Banned In South West by RealMccoy2(m): 5:15am On Dec 01, 2012
Negro_Ntns: Afam,

Tales by Moonlight grin
Re: Yoruba Groups Want Okada Banned In South West by Desola(f): 5:23am On Dec 01, 2012
Real-Mccoy:

Dude you are a bigot.. What culture? If you can't compete with them then try else where... I have seen through your double standard... Who is fighting Yoruba in their village? How I wish your people highlighted all these garbage before Lagos state was built with resource from Niger Delta and North. It's okay for your brothers to be hoodlums right? I see how great your I Q measured.... I can't wait to see when such action would be imposed by the invisible group. You can't even afford a land in Lagos yet you are claiming it? Work hard bruv, successful Yorubas won't share same idealogy with the not have. You fought for one Nigeria now you are whining that your northern counterparts are taking away your jobs? Please get use to the program.... Lagos is not Ibadan, which you have all right to hold claims to....self righteous hypocrites .....

Are you saying that I lost my right of being an indigenous Lagosian because Nigeria imposed their capital on my ancestral land? That because Lagos was at a time the federal capital, I have now seized being a true Lagosian and can now only go to Ibadan or other western state to claim origin? Are you saying that by the commission of Lagos state as a capital state, my rights can no longer be distinguished from yours, a foreigner to Lagos, albeit a Nigerian? Huh?
Re: Yoruba Groups Want Okada Banned In South West by RealMccoy2(m): 5:23am On Dec 01, 2012
Negro_Ntns: Caallm down!!!

First, nairaland does not tolerate bigots....no room for bigotry here and I have been here four years and yet to encounter one instance of bigotry or met a bigot. You can accuse me of loving my people too much and being too patriotic to our native land but I am not a bigot.

Second, I dont practice double standard....everyone here know when Negro speak what to expect.

When oil was found in delta and the British went on to merge delta land to Nigeria, what stopped the deltans from rebelling and forcing the colonialists from sharing their wealth with others? Are you aware that was a choice they had?

I told you that Oba of Lagos stopped FG from taking posession of Lagos. The Deltans could have stopped FG from sharing its wealth with Lagos, why did they not do that? They could have said we want our oil money to go everywhere but Lagos. So shut your filthy trap about oil money developing Lagos.....the owners of the oil are elated that Lagos is enjoying their wealth. When they no longer wish that to happen thry should address it openly and take action in that direction to effect it. We have openly declared a need to bring sanity to Yorubaland and bring all people to order and you see it already happening in Lagos. There is nothing anybody can do to oppose or stop it. If bringing sanity to our land gives you this much distress, pack your yanmiri must go belongings and head back to your chaotic land.
The only time I do business with a Yoruba person in Lagos is when I buy Agege bread other than that nothing else.....Does University of Lagos belong to Yoruba also? You can keep your lasu and your laspotech. Keep on isolating your leaders through your tribal sentiments when the time comes, northerners will check mate them again...
Re: Yoruba Groups Want Okada Banned In South West by RealMccoy2(m): 5:36am On Dec 01, 2012
Desola:

Are you saying that I lost my right of being an indigenous Lagosian because Nigeria imposed their capital on my ancestral land? That because Lagos was at a time the federal capital, I have now seized being a true Lagosian and can now only go to Ibadan or other western state to claim origin? Are you saying that by the commission of Lagos state as a capital state, my rights can no longer be distinguished from yours, a foreigner to Lagos, albeit a Nigerian? Huh?
Read your brother's hate comment before highlighting
mine. You were born in Lagos state, you have rights as an indigene so as Adamu born in Lagos state but parents are from Kano state. Lagos is flourishing not because of her indigenes but the availability of easy access to foreign countries and goods. You can't get your Lagos back whining on nairaland, be pro active about it and then others will believe and follow you.
Re: Yoruba Groups Want Okada Banned In South West by EKARO(m): 5:42am On Dec 01, 2012
Re: Yoruba Groups Want Okada Banned In South West by Desola(f): 5:53am On Dec 01, 2012
Real-Mccoy:

mine. You were born in Lagos state, you have rights as an indigene so as Adamu born in Lagos state but parents are from Kano state. Lagos is flourishing not because of her indigenes but the availability of easy access to foreign countries and goods. You can't get your Lagos back whining on nairaland, be pro active about it and then others will believe and follow you.

That answer wasn't directly applicable to my question and when I ask you a question, you answer me and not refer to my "brother". I am not a Lagosian only by birth but by ascension. My rights are clearly different and superior to yours or the Kano man that was born in Lagos. The problem with you foreigners is that when you come to a conducive environment such as Lagos where your human rights are predominantly preserved as opposed to places where your men are being decapitated or your women de-bowelled, you can't seem to believe your luck and equate your unfettered access to the land being free for all without owners. I wouldn't attempt to lecture you on the definition of property or land rights as I can see that my predecessors have tried to educate you but all their efforts seem to have fallen on your deaf ears.

The house owner does not have to fight the tenant over his property, he would just request him to leave, so that notion of fighting for Lagos is neither here nor there. I wouldn't expect you to be fighting to get rid of fulanis over your erosion ravaged land because I know, that you know that it belongs to you, warts and all. Lagos have now recognised you as the leeches that you are and as you can see, there are calls from different quaters now for the introduction of tougher laws to put injuctions on your malpractices. As an easterner, you probably are not conversant with the use of soft power to get what you want; you are used to opening your mouth brashly and being paid with your heads served to you on platters as the northerners keep showing you. Westerners are not so callous but we would introduce policies that would make you make you know who the real Lagosians are. Your continuous daily trip to the west is alarming and now very glaring and if you think this encroachment will go unfettered, then think again. Remember as I told you earlier, all it requires are policies. Awolowo thought you once before - we can teach you again.

3 Likes

Re: Yoruba Groups Want Okada Banned In South West by NegroNtns(m): 5:56am On Dec 01, 2012
Real-Mccoy:

The only time I do business with a Yoruba person in Lagos is when I buy Agege bread other than that nothing else.....Does University of Lagos belong to Yoruba also? You can keep your lasu and your laspotech. Keep on isolating your leaders through your tribal sentiments when the time comes, northerners will check mate them again...

You are now the mouthpiece for North? I thought you were Easterner?

Dont worry about who checkmates who....for now, we need sanity. When you go to buy Agege bread you should expect that you are getting fair quantity and quality for your money. You dont want to eat bread and get sick following day because the dough was rolled under unsanitary conditions.

These standards we had before.....food inspectiin, home inspection, sanitary conditions.....children health management and supervision, free prenatal and post natal care for maternities, waste disposal once a weekbright from the drum in front of your house, .......population explosion and migrants chaotic way of living and not maintaining the environment has resulted in stagnation.

We are sweeping irritants out....

People who escaped from erosion gullied streets and undrivable roads in east and arrived Lagos to complain about riad condition.....out!

People who say this is no man's land i can do what i want......out!

People who want to use but not help to maintain.....out!

People who are unsatisfied with the new direction Oodua is going.......out!

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Groups Want Okada Banned In South West by RealMccoy2(m): 6:04am On Dec 01, 2012
Guys the Yoruba lady Nairaland claimed to be the richest woman in Africa, that received oil block from IBB a northerner, would she give up the wealth she accumulated from oil producing region when every state starts claiming their belongings? I don't think so... Okada riders in Lagos are from every ethnic groups in Nigeria, taking away their livelihood is calling for increased crime rate....Provide alternatives and Lagosian that rely on Okada to get to their remote homes around inner Bariga and Ojodu will be happier that now.
Re: Yoruba Groups Want Okada Banned In South West by NegroNtns(m): 6:04am On Dec 01, 2012
Real-Mccoy:

I have never ever heard a Northerner born and raised in Lagos who says he is now a Lagosian. Never! ....and trust me I know and mingle with many of them who when they speak Yoruba or read and write in Yoruba youd think they are native Yorubas. Their fathers were born in Lagos, their fathers fathers had settled in Lagos as far back as 1930s....yet they speak their language, observe their culture and quick to tell you where home is.

So stop speaking for Adamu from Kano....he knows where his home is. Speak for Chuks who just arrived Lagos in 1972 and has abandoned his roots for surrogate custody in Lagos.

I grew up in Kano, my Hausa is flawless when i speak or write or read. My siblings were born in Kano. My mom was born in North. We are Yorubas we know where home is. There are millions of your brethrens stuck in North.....they claim they own Hausaland just as the other half claim they own Lagos.

2 Likes

Re: Yoruba Groups Want Okada Banned In South West by RealMccoy2(m): 6:12am On Dec 01, 2012
Negro_Ntns:

I have never ever heard a Northerner born and raised in Lagos who says he is now a Lagosian. Never! ....and trust me I know and mingle with many of them who when they speak Yoruba or read and write in Yoruba youd think they are native Yorubas. Their fathers were born in Lagos, their fathers fathers had settled in Lagos as far back as 1930s....yet they speak their language, observe their culture and quick to tell you where home is.

So stop speaking for Adamu from Kano....he knows where his home is. Speak for Chuks who just arrived Lagos in 1972 and has abandoned his roots for surrogate custody in Lagos.
Dude fear won't allow you mingle with non Yorubas. Same chuks that sold bleaching cream to mama Yetunde you are asking to leave Lagos? You sounded like some one that grew up in a house declared abandoned property during the 1966 civil war.... Can you afford to rent a flat in Lagos of your dream? Take those business out of Lagos, it will be naked like Makoko slum
Re: Yoruba Groups Want Okada Banned In South West by NegroNtns(m): 6:16am On Dec 01, 2012
Real-Mccoy:
Guys the Yoruba lady Nairaland claimed to be the richest woman in Africa, that received oil block from IBB a northerner, would she give up the wealth she accumulated from oil producing region when every state starts claiming their belongings? I don't think so... Okada riders in Lagos are from every ethnic groups in Nigeria, taking away their livelihood is calling for increased crime rate....Provide alternatives and Lagosian that rely on Okada to get to their remote homes around inner Bariga and Ojodu will be happier that now.

What were they doing before. Okada business? This is not the East or South South where you pay people to stop crime. Yoruba leaders refuse to buy people out of the threat of committing crime. We will ban Okada and crime is still punishable....its your choice if you want to go into crime.....get caught and get dealt with.

I do hope Nigeria divides so the oil owners can keep their oil to themselves and fire non natives away from their property. Every region has oil. Delta oil is such a big deal because its sitting on the sea and its shipment and marketing is easier than say oil fields in the interior. So whats big deal about oil?

2 Likes

Re: Yoruba Groups Want Okada Banned In South West by NegroNtns(m): 6:25am On Dec 01, 2012
Real-Mccoy:

Dude fear won't allow you mingle with non Yorubas. Same chuks that sold bleaching cream to mama Yetunde you are asking to leave Lagos? You sounded like some one that grew up in a house declared abandoned property during the 1966 civil war.... Can you afford to rent a flat in Lagos of your dream? Take those business out of Lagos, it will be naked like Makoko slum

Rent home? What do i need to rent home in Lagos for? I have a thousand + homes in Lagos to live in....I only need to say which one I prefer.

You see, this is part reason why you carry Lagos for your head. You use it as a bragging right to your people in village. " i get house for Lagos".....they begin worship you as king. To me, Lagos is nothing other than being my native land. All the mega structures and skyscrapers and waterfront and bridges that elates you dont mean anything to me. My fathers were there before those structures came up....so the structures mean nothing. You are taken by the landscape....its an illusion. Your roots are more important thante illusions of living in Lagos. Go home.

2 Likes

Re: Yoruba Groups Want Okada Banned In South West by NegroNtns(m): 6:33am On Dec 01, 2012
Desola:

That answer wasn't directly applicable to my question and when I ask you a question, you answer me and not refer to my "brother". I am not a Lagosian only by birth but by ascension. My rights are clearly different and superior to yours or the Kano man that was born in Lagos. The problem with you foreigners is that when you come to a conducive environment such as Lagos where your human rights are predominantly preserved as opposed to places where your men are being decapitated or your women de-bowelled, you can't seem to believe your luck and equate your unfettered access to the land being free for all without owners. I wouldn't attempt to lecture you on the definition of property or land rights as I can see that my predecessors have tried to educate you but all their efforts seem to have fallen on your deaf ears.

The house owner does not have to fight the tenant over his property, he would just request him to leave, so that notion of fighting for Lagos is neither here nor there. I wouldn't expect you to be fighting to get rid of fulanis over your erosion ravaged land because I know, that you know that it belongs to you, warts and all. Lagos have now recognised you as the leeches that you are and as you can see, there are calls from different quaters now for the introduction of tougher laws to put injuctions on your malpractices. As an easterner, you probably are not conversant with the use of soft power to get what you want; you are used to opening your mouth brashly and being paid with your heads served to you on platters as the northerners keep showing you. Westerners are not so callous but we would introduce policies that would make you make you know who the real Lagosians are. Your continuous daily trip to the west is alarming and now very glaring and if you think this encroachment will go unfettered, then think again. Remember as I told you earlier, all it requires are policies. Awolowo thought you once before - we can teach you again.

+1000 points. To the point. They are deaf, blind and dumb.
Re: Yoruba Groups Want Okada Banned In South West by Katsumoto: 6:37am On Dec 01, 2012
Only greedy folks have their eyes on what doesn't belong to them while leaving what actually belongs to them to lie fallow.

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Groups Want Okada Banned In South West by RealMccoy2(m): 8:31am On Dec 01, 2012
Negro_Ntns:

+1000 points. To the point. They are deaf, blind and dumb.
Awo thought igbos lessons yet the leech could not be a president ? We don't fight Yorubas, we pay Yorubas to do the job for us. If I lie ask Kudirat driver or those Yorubas Obas turned contractors that sold Abiola to Northerners. Your loud mouth won't get you any where, how was the Oluwole subsidy protest? Your people are one lazy clowns that will do anything to try and remain relevant... Opportunist that never complained when Lagos was been built with money generated from resources of the so called foreigners...Empty e-warriors we are waiting to see how your lot will unleash the much talked about terror your unemployed area boys have been talking about since June 12. We own you now, turned your lazy bunch to tenants now you are praying for conflict so you guys can declared our properties abandoned again? Dream on dreamers(Akata)
Re: Yoruba Groups Want Okada Banned In South West by RealMccoy2(m): 8:39am On Dec 01, 2012
Desola:

BS....Always laying claim to good things, I was expecting you to say you will soon unleash terror on those Northerners that are occupying Kwara state? Is it because its a hell hole? Yoruba leeches don't fail to amaze me on nairaland. Go put on your clown costume to entertain those kids born out of wedlock around Mushin. I don't take Ewedu seriously, you guys are free loaders and lazy

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Group Commends Oshiomhole For Redeeming Apc’s Image / Akure ‘explosion’ Was Impact From Meteors NOT Explosives, Says OAU Prof / Osinbajo: FG To Restructure SME Loans

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 139
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.