Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,407 members, 7,853,801 topics. Date: Saturday, 08 June 2024 at 02:02 AM

Any Part Of The Country Can Break Way From 2014 — Shuluwa - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Any Part Of The Country Can Break Way From 2014 — Shuluwa (12797 Views)

Jonathan Has Done 50% Only But The Country Can Still Engage In A Civil War. / Jonathan’s 2015 Ambition Can Break Up Nigeria – Northern Leaders / If Almighty Uk Can Break-up Peacefully, Why Not Nigeria? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Any Part Of The Country Can Break Way From 2014 — Shuluwa by DANILSA(m): 9:23am On Nov 29, 2012
PLEASE WHO KNOWS WHERE I CAN GET A COPY OF THE BREAKUP CLAUSE grin grin grin WHERE ARE THOSE NL FAKE PROF EMERITUS
Re: Any Part Of The Country Can Break Way From 2014 — Shuluwa by sambussie(m): 9:25am On Nov 29, 2012
I'v always known that "Nigeria" is a mere joke & a geographical eentity than a nation.
We all wanna brk out, †ђз one's who are against it, are those who are benefiting 4rm 9ja's problem.
Is our coexistence really †ђз problem?
What do we stand 2 gain if we brk apart?
†ђз same thieves milking 9ja will b †ђз same pple who will rule us. If we brk apart.
Hence brkn apart is lyk cutting ur head cuz of a migrane.

1 Like

Re: Any Part Of The Country Can Break Way From 2014 — Shuluwa by chosen04(f): 9:25am On Nov 29, 2012
abdullone:

realy shallow and daft...let us seperate n c if the niger delta will not b consumed by biafrans

Still selling the old lies your forefathers sold?

EWU AWUSA

9 Likes

Re: Any Part Of The Country Can Break Way From 2014 — Shuluwa by Nobody: 9:26am On Nov 29, 2012
achi4u: victor
The man said "niger delta cannot march the fire power of Biafra"
...let it sink down.

Niger Delta and Biafra won't fight any wars!
.....let that sink down.

The man is using the same old trick of divide and rule.
It was in the past, it won't happen again.

9 Likes

Re: Any Part Of The Country Can Break Way From 2014 — Shuluwa by Oluti(m): 9:32am On Nov 29, 2012
Is there really a clause in the amalgamation? If there really is a clause then we can all rest assure that come 2014 there will be many countries springing out of this forced entity called Nigeria. Let us face fact, this is not a country but a geographical expression as our one of our founding father called it. Everyone is attached to his or her tribe. A good example is what happens here often on Nairaland in most political discussion. Maybe inserting that clause is the best thing the British has done for this country. If after 100 years we are still yet to find our feet in the committee of nations then this country has no business being a country. Let it brake up and let all those who want to have their country have it.

2 Likes

Re: Any Part Of The Country Can Break Way From 2014 — Shuluwa by aurenflani: 9:38am On Nov 29, 2012
Actually it is the North that is going to sound the drum of breakig away. They have made too much discovery of the enormous wealth beneath their soils, and so have decided everyone should go their own way. How many of you even know that most of the oil fields in Niger and Chad have heavy northerner's investments running them?
The north have realised that they do not have to rely on the ports in the south for anything as even now it is cheaper to import through other countries like Benin and Togo. Two west African countries. The north does not depend on the south for anything whatsoever and will not need the oil from the Niger Delta.

But one interesting thing about the Oil in Nigeria is that the North is a very strong partner in the investment to exploring the oil right from the beginning just like the east. The right of the north to continue making money from the Niger Delta oil cannot be compromised even if challenge, just as the east too can claim their own part of the oil money. Shell would testify this as the records are their.

I rest my case.

4 Likes

Re: Any Part Of The Country Can Break Way From 2014 — Shuluwa by GARRIx7(m): 9:40am On Nov 29, 2012
There is a clause in the amalgamation of 1914 which says that [size=18pt]after 100 years of existence, any part may decide to go[/size]. Therefore, because of the oil that we have in the South-South, the Niger-Delta people believe that they can go on their own. And all the arrangements they are making is to make sure that by 2014 they will write a memorandum to the United Nations saying they want to become a nation separate from what is today known as Nigeria and they will draw a map, they will compose their national anthem. It’s just like what happened in Sudan. And that is the reason they insisted on Jonathan being the President this time because if you allow a northerner to be president, it will not be as easy to break away as when Jonathan is President.

Is this true??

How can I confirm the validity of that statement??

Does anyone have a link to the said almagamation document??
Re: Any Part Of The Country Can Break Way From 2014 — Shuluwa by Nobody: 9:41am On Nov 29, 2012

Re: Any Part Of The Country Can Break Way From 2014 — Shuluwa by aryzgreat: 9:57am On Nov 29, 2012

But do you think the North can sustain itself if the South pulls out?

We can. Before we discovered oil what were we doing? We will now go back to agriculture. We will lock up ourselves. We can discover oil in the North also. If you can discover oil in Niger Republic or even Chad, why can’t we discover oil in the North? [b]Mind you, there is now oil in Kogi State which Anambra and Enugu are now fighting to take. [/b]Who says we cannot discover oil on River Benue? It is a matter of exploring and discovering. If you can discover oil in the far desert why can’t we discover oil here? Even if we don’t discover oil, tell me, there are a lot of countries that don’t have oil and yet they exist. Who ever knew that there would be oil in Ghana?

@ d boldened, we now know who are pushing kogi to claim what does not belong to them. This aboki is high on SOLUTION. AKPAMU!
Re: Any Part Of The Country Can Break Way From 2014 — Shuluwa by victord1st: 9:58am On Nov 29, 2012
sambussie: I'v always known that "Nigeria" is a mere joke & a geographical eentity than a nation.
We all wanna brk out, †ђз one's who are against it, are those who are benefiting 4rm 9ja's problem.
†ђз same thieves milking 9ja will b †ђз same pple who will rule us. If we brk apart.

we igbos can handle our elites.igbo eweghe eze.... we dont worship the rich like other tribes
Re: Any Part Of The Country Can Break Way From 2014 — Shuluwa by Maxymilliano(m): 10:01am On Nov 29, 2012
DANILSA: PLEASE WHO KNOWS WHERE I CAN GET A COPY OF THE BREAKUP CLAUSE grin grin grin WHERE ARE THOSE NL FAKE PROF EMERITUS

The breakup clause should be contained in the original documents of the amalgamation of the northern and southern protectorate signed by Lord Fredrick Lugard himself in 1914...
Re: Any Part Of The Country Can Break Way From 2014 — Shuluwa by buchai: 10:05am On Nov 29, 2012
achi4u: I like the way he already split the dam country.
He said,they are like trailer without break....which means they can do anything for power.

thats aboki for you.
"trailers without brakes" that means he know everything about BOKO HARAM and for supporting this present government he is number one boko haram. He also kns hw dey came 2 be 4rm d days of obasanjo n alimodu.

1 Like

Re: Any Part Of The Country Can Break Way From 2014 — Shuluwa by caesaraba(m): 10:08am On Nov 29, 2012
It's a nice clause. Let's divide already joor. North/South.....blah blah blah....E don do. Painful as it is for some to admit, no section of the country will wither away and die in the event of any separation.
Re: Any Part Of The Country Can Break Way From 2014 — Shuluwa by aryzgreat: 10:11am On Nov 29, 2012

But he is planning to go for second term….

He is wasting his time. By the time Jonathan goes for second term, some of us will become like old trailers without brakes and we will be descending a slope.

So, anything on the road we will be crushed. 2015 is the last time I will be in active politics. So, does it mean that I will lose out again? No way. I am not prepared to lose out.

i think SSS should arrest this man, wat does he mean by "am not prepared to lose" and "anything on d road will be crushed"

These abokis talk without thinking, d same way ayatollah bin buhari said dog and baboon blood will be wasted in 2015. God punish Lugard angry angry angry

1 Like

Re: Any Part Of The Country Can Break Way From 2014 — Shuluwa by EzePromoe: 10:11am On Nov 29, 2012
I don't mean to disrespect anyone but this idea of Niger Delta republic is being done in the selfish interest of some Ijaw elites. They are looking for a country in which they will control virtually everything. Coming to think of it, any Efik/Ibibio/Annang man that want Nigeria to split will want to join the Biafrans because they also fought for it. The Ijaws knowing all these ceases it as an opportunity. I wish them success anyway but they should go with only their subgroups.
Re: Any Part Of The Country Can Break Way From 2014 — Shuluwa by Sealeddeal(m): 10:16am On Nov 29, 2012
Is the clause of amalgamation still relevant? If it is,why is it not in constitution? Can the clause of amalgamation superintend over constitution? Well,i will support anything that will give greatness to every parts of nigeria.be it division or confederation,i will support.
Equally,i will like to add that the Niger Delta region will not be seeking separate entity from Biafra.we can always unite diplomatically and not war.
Re: Any Part Of The Country Can Break Way From 2014 — Shuluwa by Nobody: 10:20am On Nov 29, 2012
A butterfly dat thnks himself a bird. When d time comes d core north wl remind u & ur ppl,like they did 2 Bukola Saraki, that u are nt 'northern enof'
You wan2 crush GEJ in 2015 by making bogus assertions 4rm a fly infested burukutu joint in d deep recesses of Benue state? Haba Oga, u culd hav jus sent an SOS 2 Suswam or David Mark dat u cnt pay ur bills anymore (afterall, Gowon has adorned d costume of S.A media 2 GEJ,4 crumbs),instead of taking up fights bigger dan ur imagination.
All d same, thanx 4 pointing out d break away clause in d amalgamation 4 us. I shall commence action wt men of equal persausion as regards ds cos 2014 is by d door.

2 Likes

Re: Any Part Of The Country Can Break Way From 2014 — Shuluwa by AMEBO2BUSY: 10:21am On Nov 29, 2012
afam4eva: I never knew there was any provision in the constitution that allows any part of the country to secede after one hundred years.
I've said it times without number that 2014 mark off a new begining in Naija histroy.
Re: Any Part Of The Country Can Break Way From 2014 — Shuluwa by victorD3: 10:30am On Nov 29, 2012
abdullone:

realy shallow and daft...let us seperate n c if the niger delta will not b consumed by biafrans

Point of correction - the Niger Delta will never accept in any form of maltreatment from any other section again. The Igbos will go their own.

1 Like

Re: Any Part Of The Country Can Break Way From 2014 — Shuluwa by younglad007(m): 10:37am On Nov 29, 2012
Napolitano: Dividing Nigeria is not the answer
exactly oh,help me tell dem
Re: Any Part Of The Country Can Break Way From 2014 — Shuluwa by Elueme: 10:48am On Nov 29, 2012
grin grin grin grin, chei! Old age sometime brings insanity as being exhibited by this senile old man.
Re: Any Part Of The Country Can Break Way From 2014 — Shuluwa by Buc(m): 10:51am On Nov 29, 2012
sambussie: I'v always known that "Nigeria" is a mere joke & a geographical eentity than a nation.
breaking the country up is like breaking up the large and strong system of corruption. There is no way a yoruba thief will use the same patern of thiefing and the yoruba race would permit it cos, arawani. So also one Iboman can not stand and steal from the whole Ibo race with impunity.

2 Likes

Re: Any Part Of The Country Can Break Way From 2014 — Shuluwa by caesaraba(m): 10:52am On Nov 29, 2012
younglad007:
exactly oh,help me tell dem

And it's not gonna happen anytime soon...not 2014. A politician wakes up and sees that he's been left out of the game, calls up a few journalists and raises some dust in order to sound relevant and you see the gullible people begin to take aim at themselves. Division or not, na to prosper dia individual pockets joor. Won't add extra salt to your soup.
Re: Any Part Of The Country Can Break Way From 2014 — Shuluwa by achi4u(m): 10:57am On Nov 29, 2012
[quote author=victorD3]

Point of correction - the Niger Delta will never accept in any form of maltreatment from any other section again. The Igbos will go their own.[/quote

The old man is just stating the fact that niger delta cannot stand alone without their bigger brother Biafra.

Do you think SS can just became a country without igbos?

...go and read ur history.
Re: Any Part Of The Country Can Break Way From 2014 — Shuluwa by skyfall: 10:57am On Nov 29, 2012
Can this county divide already? UN where art thou? I want to be in the non-oil region pls. Agriculture all the way.
Re: Any Part Of The Country Can Break Way From 2014 — Shuluwa by giftbz(m): 11:11am On Nov 29, 2012
[b][/b]We are all shouting to the skies and throwing all the jibes to him but forget to take him seriously as always. The immediate past National Security Adviser was dropped because he told the whole world that Boko Haram is the brainchild of PDP (papa deceive pikin) from that region. Now, another founding member from that region is telling us that 2015 will be is last election as they are prepared to become trailers with break and instead of us to take him very serious, and get prepared for them, we are laughing at him angry
Re: Any Part Of The Country Can Break Way From 2014 — Shuluwa by Buc(m): 11:11am On Nov 29, 2012
What re we waiting for? The referendum for secession should start here and now. Lets invite CNN, BCC, Algezeera and the United Nations to observe on this thread b4 the real thing.

1 Like

Re: Any Part Of The Country Can Break Way From 2014 — Shuluwa by victorD3: 11:14am On Nov 29, 2012
[quote author=achi4u][/quote]

The Niger Delta is bigger than Grenada, Barbados, Malta etc and even richer in natural resources. Saying Niger Delta can't stand on its own as a country is a typical case of intellectual laziness.

3 Likes

Re: Any Part Of The Country Can Break Way From 2014 — Shuluwa by lexxwiz(m): 11:19am On Nov 29, 2012
grin grin *interesting*
Re: Any Part Of The Country Can Break Way From 2014 — Shuluwa by Buc(m): 11:24am On Nov 29, 2012
He we don't clear the air on this issue, I see military takeover happening in the future.
Re: Any Part Of The Country Can Break Way From 2014 — Shuluwa by Buc(m): 11:24am On Nov 29, 2012
If we don't clear the air on this issue, I see military takeover happening in the future.
Re: Any Part Of The Country Can Break Way From 2014 — Shuluwa by victorD3: 11:24am On Nov 29, 2012
achi4u: victor
The man said "niger delta cannot march the fire power of Biafra"
...let it sink down.

Let is sink down that:

1:The Afghanistan firepower never march the Russian firepower yet they defeated the Russians.

2:The firepower available in Niger Delta alone supposes all Nigeria combine (except the military)

3: Niger Delta has open access to the atlantic (remember why Biafran war was lost)

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Buhari Weeps On London Hospital Bed, As His Most Intelligent Minister Resigns / Electoral Act: How Buhari’s Rejection Divides Lawmakers / 2023: No End To Zoning Until South/North East Produce President - Orji Kalu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.