Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,258 members, 7,957,633 topics. Date: Tuesday, 24 September 2024 at 04:20 PM

Fake Female Police In Nigeria - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fake Female Police In Nigeria (5626 Views)

Olabisi Kolawole, First Female Police PRO In Nigerian / Fashola Rewards Gallant Female Police Officer, Mercy John (pics) / Three Female Police Officers Stripped In Public (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Fake Female Police In Nigeria by hotfunmi(f): 7:34am On Feb 11, 2008
This fake policewoman was arrested in Ibadan, convincted in Kaduna

By Tunde Busari

The escapade of Fagbemi Yemisi, who is currently in police custody in Osogbo, Osun State for

allegedly defrauding innocent people with impunity, is simply phenomenal. Those, who have had the misfortune of coming across the mother of two are still gnashing their teeth and cursing the day their paths crossed.

But the table has now turned; end seems to have come for nefarious activities of 31-year-old Yemisi.
This, however, depends on how the court of law handles her case. The offence, for which she is being held at the Special Anti Robbery Squad, Oke-Bale, Osogbo, is alleged impersonation.

She is accused of parading herself as a police inspector with such confidence that she, on several occasions, had fooled genuine policemen. ”The day she came here, I almost saluted her. And if you saw how she carried herself that day, you would not have doubted her identity. She spoke confidently and even asked of the rank of a woman sergeant here,” a sergeant at Special Anti-Robbery Squad told SUNDAY PUNCH.

It was gathered that she always visited different Divisional Police Headquarters for no specific purpose but to feign being a policewoman. She allegedly used it as a ploy to deceive her victims. Yemisi once allegedly arrested a commercial motorcycle operator, seizing the bike until the operator was able to bail himself out.

The most amazing of her exploits is her success in securing bail for suspects in police custody. But her day of waterloo came when she took a complainant from Okuku to a division in Osogbo. On getting to the station, she asked of the second in command after she was told that the Divisional Police Officer was not in the office.

As she was displaying the bravado, a police woman who had lived in the same neighbourhood with Yemisi in the past, took a cursory look at her. When she confirmed her identity, she pretended and urged her colleague to play along with Yemisi. Not long afterwards, she (Yemisi) found herself in a trap.

But to show the extent of her expertise, Yemisi jumped bail and fled. Before then, a boy simply called Akeem had been on her trail over an alleged debt. ”It is not that I am owing him the money per se. I assisted him to sell two pieces of clothes after we returned from Cotonue in Benin Republic. And I had wanted to give him his money but I couldn‘t see him. It was later that his sister saw me and said he had been sick,” Yemisi said.

After she jumped bail and fled, Yemisi relocated to somewhere in Ikotun in Lagos and continued her “trade,” this time at a higher level. It was even reported towards the end of last year that she was arrested for duping a car dealer, who fell flat for her fake identity. According to the story, Yemisi went to the showroom of the dealer called Lekan at Apapa and priced a Toyota car. Having agreed on the price, she requested the dealer to give her a driver to take her to the Police College, Ikeja, where she claimed she would take the money from her father working as a senior instructor in the college.

Kunle obliged her because he had always known her as an inspector at Obalende barracks. At the Police College, Yemisi took the driver to another policewoman, who informed them that the father had gone to Ibadan. Kunle still agreed when Yemisi said she would need to go to Ibadan.

Yemisi got to the Oyo State capital and took the car to another dealer called Adeoye at Iwo Road for sale. Adeoye agreed to buy the car, having been convinced that Yemisi was a senior policewoman. Yemisi had taken Adeoye to the Oyo State Police Headquarters at Eleyele to convince him of her claim. She then took N350,000 from Adeoye who promised to pay the N100,000 balance later.

The agitated Kunle in Lagos went all out in search of Yemisi. He could not find her, but was fortunate find the car in Ibadan. After he was arrested, Adeoye explained how he bought the car from Yemisi. He called her for the balance. Yemisi showed up and ran into the ambush. She claimed that her action was in order because Kunle had in 2003 collected N250,000 from her to get a car which he allegedly refused to supply. She added that Kunle refused to refund her money, hence her resort to the trick.

The Divisional Police Headquarters, Agodi, Ibadan later charged her to court. She was granted bail. But shortly after she was let off the hook, she went to Kaduna and allegedly duped yet another dealer using a similar method. Yemisi also took the unsuspecting dealer to the police command where she introduced herself as the daughter of a Deputy Inspector General of Police.

She was again successful and escaped from Kaduna. And in Osun, the state Police Command said it had more than enough complaints about her. And the fact that she once jumped bail made her a wanted suspect by the police. So, immediately she was sighted in town, they went after her. Just a few days after she was arrested, a team of policemen from Kaduna State stormed Osogbo on her trail.

Yemisi was released to the team and taken to Kaduna. Like in Ibadan, she was charged to court and sentenced to imprisonment, though with an option of fine. Interestingly, the fine, according to Yemisi, was paid by the wife of a former governor who took interest in her case.

But the Kaduna Police would not allow her to go. They re-arrested her and handed her back to their Osun counterpart. Yemisi did not deny her involvement in the fraud. She rather held her mother responsible for ”my problem.” She acknowledged her “adventure” as a problem but said she would tell her story at the right time.

Our correspondent spoke to Yemisi on the allegations against her. She said, ”I am not like this (referring to her current ordeal). I used to have a shop at Oja-Oba where I sold Ankara and lace materials. But at times, something would just tell me to go and commit any crime. And there was never a time I committed a crime without being caught. The police always caught me.”

Married to a riot policeman who died in 2004,Yemisi said she also served in the Police between 2000 and 2002 before she was dismissed. ”They dismissed me when I wanted to use a fake ND result of the Osun State College of Technology, Esa-Oke to do my upgrading. They discovered and asked me to go. I did my training at the Police College, Ikeja in 2000,” she said.

One striking thing, which easily gives Yemisi away as an unrepentant fraudster is her penchant for telling lies without betraying emotion. Last November, she gave her name as Fagbemi Yemisi. Now she is Elegbeleye Kehinde. She also claimed that her father was in Holland where he was receiving treatment. She, however, contradicted this when she said the father had died some years back.

Her claim to being a former policewoman was dismissed by the Police Public Relations Officer, Oyo State Command, Olabisi Okuwobi. ”I asked her basic questions which she must know if she is truly a policewoman, she failed. She is a fraudster, using the name of the police to deal with innocent people,” Okuwobi declared.

”After I passed out from Police College, I was posted to Igarra Divisional Headquarters in Edo State. That was where I met my husband. I know that it is when one has a problem like the one I have found myself in that people who know you will deny that they ever met you,” Yemisi said while restating her claim.

Before going to press, efforts were being made by the police to prepare her for court again. But the Police Public Relations Officer, Osun Command, Joshua Olayemi, was rather pragmatic in his comment on Yemisi. Olayemi said that the matter went beyond taking the suspect to the court.

”Rather, people should be vigilant in their day-to-day dealings. They should not just open their door to anybody with sweet talk. You must ask the person intelligent questions. And when you are still in doubt, you should alert the police. Fraudulent people are everywhere looking for people to exploit,” Olayemi advised.

He observed that Yemisi was in the “dubious trade” because she knew that it was a bailable offence. ”That is why she jumped from Ibadan to Kaduna and back to Osogbo. But I think if the judge goes through her history, maybe she is on her way turning a new leaf,” the PPRO said.

http://odili.net/news/source/2008/feb/10/406.html
Re: Fake Female Police In Nigeria by hotfunmi(f): 7:38am On Feb 11, 2008
Even women are joining this 419 thing in Naija now. This is the after effect of economic hardship and joblessness else why would a 31 year old girl do a thing like this. This kind of crime is synonymous with men alone.
Re: Fake Female Police In Nigeria by Nobody: 8:24am On Feb 11, 2008
hotfunmi:

Even women are joining this 419 thing in Naija now. This is the after effect of economic hardship and joblessness else why would a 31 year old girl do a thing like this. This kind of crime is synonymous with men alone.

going by so many of your posts, it would seem that idiocy is synonymous with 'hot' women. please do tell - are you blonde?
Re: Fake Female Police In Nigeria by hotfunmi(f): 8:59am On Feb 11, 2008
going by so many of your posts, it would seem that idiocy is synonymous with 'hot' women. please do tell - are you blonde?

He's back from Alagbon jail. Fake draftsman wey dey call himself engineer.
Re: Fake Female Police In Nigeria by Nobody: 9:16am On Feb 11, 2008
heh heh,

I'm impressed, you are slowly. . .very slowly. . .learning about the interesting field called engineering. before, you only knew about technicians. now you know about draftsmen.with any luck, before the year is out you'd have mastered the whole engineering team organogram. . .

as to alagbon jail, did you see me there? i know you spend every other weekend there after you get caught in the 'ashley yewo' raids by the men in black .
Re: Fake Female Police In Nigeria by hotfunmi(f): 10:10am On Feb 11, 2008
heh heh,

I'm impressed, you are slowly. . .very slowly. . .learning about the interesting field called engineering. before, you only knew about technicians. now you know about draftsmen.with any luck, before the year is out you'd have mastered the whole engineering team organogram. . .

Knock yourself out. I know you've been looking for a way to hit on me but does not have what it takes. Sorry, e go better. The beautiful ones are not yet born.

as to alagbon jail, did you see me there? i know you spend every other weekend there after you get caught in the 'ashley yewo' raids by the men in black .

How am I sure the fake police woman is not your mistress? You better report to EFCC and tell them your side of the story. How did you get the money to buy that 404 you dey drive?

An expert is a person that has made more mistakes than anyone else
I'm not surprised at your signature. Who knows? may be you were the draftsman that drew those buildings that fell in lagos last week.
Re: Fake Female Police In Nigeria by Nobody: 10:23am On Feb 11, 2008
hotfunmi:

I'm not surprised at your signature. Who knows? may be you were the draftsman that drew those buildings that fell in lagos last week.

actually, i had to truncate it - this is the full version - an expert is a person that has made more mistakes than anyone else. . .and learned from them. it would do you a world of good if you could learn from your mistakes, rather than keep making a fool of your self on nairaland, asking inanae question and posting even more inane opinions. it would seem we need to implore admin to repopen the engineer thread so i can take the time to school you on the finer aspects of engineering projects ( it would seem you are confusing me with an architect/civil engineer)

hotfunmi:

Knock yourself out. I know you've been looking for a way to hit on me but does not have what it takes. Sorry, e go better. The beautiful ones are not yet born.

er. . what does it take? ( i could rustle up a ghanian or ivorien passport, since your[b] extensive research[/b] into the sexual performance of african men indicates that you consider them the most virile men on the continent).

hotfunmi:

How am I sure the fake police woman is not your mistress? You better report to EFCC and tell them your side of the story. How did you get the money to buy that 404  you dey drive?

surely you know the difference between a 404 and a hilux?  grin . even if you're too dumb to process the written word, you should have no problem with processing images, unless your eyesight is as poor as your wit. cheesy
Re: Fake Female Police In Nigeria by hotfunmi(f): 10:42am On Feb 11, 2008
surely you know the difference between a 404 and a hilux? . even if you're too dumb to process the written word, you should have no problem with processing images, unless your eyesight is as poor as your wit
Hilux? that one na motor? no be that pick up truck wey Toyota build last around 1995? Na that thing you wan take come my house? Are Engineers barred from driving cardillacs and Beamers?
Re: Fake Female Police In Nigeria by Nobody: 10:48am On Feb 11, 2008
hotfunmi:

Hilux? that one na motor? no be that pick up truck wey Toyota build last around 1995? Na that  thing  you wan take come my house? Are Engineers barred from driving cardillacs and Beamers?

heh heh,

you come across  more and more like an 'ashley yewo' every time you post.(would that explain your bitterness towards the male gender? cry abi your customer don give u 'the virus'? )  grin

please stop giving naija sistas a bad name. you are a disgrace to them.

it would seem 'yahoozes' are quite welcome at your house, since those are their vehicles of choice.  grin

(your fasination with the vehicles proably stems from their large, plush backseat) - perfect for quickies (u ain't the class of scarlet that requires a hotel - thats for sure grin)
Re: Fake Female Police In Nigeria by hotfunmi(f): 10:51am On Feb 11, 2008
heh heh,

you come across more and more like an 'ashley yewo' every time you post.(would that explain your bitterness towards the male gender? abi your customer don give u 'the virus'? )

please stop giving naija sistas a bad name. you are a disgrace to them.

it would seem 'yahoozes' are quite welcome at your house, since those are their vehicles of choice.

Why am I wasting my time with this sorry excuse for a man? I can't be a rose in any man's lapel.
Re: Fake Female Police In Nigeria by Nobody: 11:03am On Feb 11, 2008
hotfunmi:

Why am I wasting my time with this sorry excuse for a man?  I can't be a rose in any man's lapel. grin

rose? are you sure you don't mean
' a thorn in any man's side?'
a fly in any man's ointment?
Re: Fake Female Police In Nigeria by fatherab1: 11:48am On Feb 11, 2008
Oyb and hot funmi, e bi like say 2 of una done dey fall in love ooo. Una follow una self from 'engineers' thread come here again. una beta carry una selves go Romance, or dating zones to get to like una selves. Me just dey trip 4 una oo. VAL DEY CORNER kiss kiss kiss
Re: Fake Female Police In Nigeria by Blatant: 2:53pm On Feb 11, 2008
e be like say these 2 people want take style fall in love. I GO DO O

anyway, no be today women dey follow do 419 for naija
Re: Fake Female Police In Nigeria by waleab: 3:09pm On Feb 11, 2008
nice one
Oyb and hot funmi, e bi like say 2 of una done dey fall in love ooo. Una follow una self from 'engineers' thread come here again. una beta carry una selves go Romance, or dating zones to get to like una selves. Me just dey trip 4 una oo. VAL DEY CORNER

women don they commit fraud for years for naija
Re: Fake Female Police In Nigeria by TheSly: 3:16pm On Feb 11, 2008
when they talk about 'fraud' in naija. . .so u think its only the male? undecided u dont know anything damn thing. . . . . undecided

well im enjoyin' the convos between both of u cheesy

keep it commin cool
Re: Fake Female Police In Nigeria by pahtahkee: 3:28pm On Feb 11, 2008
This sickfunmi is here again? shocked shocked

Seeing her name here, I knew it was nothing but insults on Nigerian men again. She is a sick deluded girl. Who sees all Nigerian men as rapists, insensitive, stupid, homosexuals and her latest now is thieves.

How much more foolish can this disgrace to womanhood be?
Re: Fake Female Police In Nigeria by hotfunmi(f): 4:41pm On Feb 11, 2008
By fatherAb
Oyb and hot funmi, e bi like say 2 of una done dey fall in love ooo. Una follow una self from 'engineers' thread come here again. una beta carry una selves go Romance, or dating zones to get to like una selves. Me just dey trip 4 una oo. VAL DEY CORNER

The hegoat has been looking for a way to hit on me but for some reason, he develops a cold feet. May be his crystal balls told him that I'll just do nothing but emasculate him till the end of time. I don't date wimps, I date real men that are masculine enough to face me.
Re: Fake Female Police In Nigeria by Nobody: 4:44pm On Feb 11, 2008
hotfunmi:

The hegoat has been looking for a way to hit on me but for some reason, he develops a cold feet. May be his crystal balls told him that I'll just do nothing but emasculate him till the end of time. I don't date wimps, I date real men that are masculine enough to face me.

dont worry, your 1000 degrees 'll warm more thn just m,y feet by the time you're finished with me wink

we know the knid of men you've dated - farters, one minute men, steroid munchers - a wimp like me would be a step up
Re: Fake Female Police In Nigeria by hotfunmi(f): 4:44pm On Feb 11, 2008
women don they commit fraud for years for naija
Only a handful and many of them did it in company of their boyfriends or husbands.

For those that accuse me of prejudice on Naija men, all I ask for is somebody to tell me who kept that country the way it is. If Nigeria is purged of men like patakee,Sly and OYB, redemption will be near. Bloody Bollocks!
Re: Fake Female Police In Nigeria by debosky(m): 4:51pm On Feb 11, 2008
how can someone claim to be intelligent and say a crime like 419 is 'synonymous with men alone' ?

You disappoint me funmi. . .your misandry seems to have reached egregiously high levels. sad

You are extremely naive or highly misled to believe these things you write. You have a lot to learn.
Re: Fake Female Police In Nigeria by Nobody: 4:51pm On Feb 11, 2008
hotfunmi:

Only a handful and many of them did it in company of their boyfriends or husbands.

more dubious statistics. you are saying though that women are easily manipulated by men. . .
Re: Fake Female Police In Nigeria by hotfunmi(f): 4:58pm On Feb 11, 2008
how can someone claim to be intelligent and say a crime like 419 is 'synonymous with men alone' ?

You disappoint me funmi. . .your misandry seems to have reached egregiously high levels.

You are extremely naive or highly misled to believe these things you write. You have a lot to learn.

Can you provide a rough estimate on 419 and gender participation in Nigeria please? Nigerian men are the reason why Nigeria is decayed today.
Re: Fake Female Police In Nigeria by hotfunmi(f): 4:59pm On Feb 11, 2008
more dubious statistics. you are saying though that women are easily manipulated by men. . .
Your words, not mine. Damn, this bollock don't ever give up.
Re: Fake Female Police In Nigeria by debosky(m): 5:16pm On Feb 11, 2008
can you give statistics on prostitution and gender participation in Nigeria?

what exactly does that establish? Are women not direct/indirect beneficiaries of these illicit activities?

'Nigerian men are the way Nigeria is' another hasty and shallow conclusion. . .don't they have sisters, mothers, wives and so on also supporting them and enjoying the fruits of their devious and delinquent behaviour? Or all the women were oblivious to the crimes being committed all this while?

You obviously have issues with Nigerian men, but your anger/rage is misplaced - focus on the women who have sat idle and done nothing/supported the crimes all through the years.

Standing idle while evil is perpetrated is EVIL in itself.
Re: Fake Female Police In Nigeria by hotfunmi(f): 6:58pm On Feb 11, 2008
can you give statistics on prostitution and gender participation in Nigeria?

what exactly does that establish? Are women not direct/indirect beneficiaries of these illicit activities?

'Nigerian men are the way Nigeria is' another hasty and shallow conclusion. . .don't they have sisters, mothers, wives and so on also supporting them and enjoying the fruits of their devious and delinquent behaviour? Or all the women were oblivious to the crimes being committed all this while?

You obviously have issues with Nigerian men, but your anger/rage is misplaced - focus on the women who have sat idle and done nothing/supported the crimes all through the years.

Standing idle while evil is perpetrated is EVIL in itself.

I can see that you men are no more men because it's manly to answer for your crime  and very unmasculine to rope innocent women and children into the mess you created. Women are[b] victims [/b] of men's heinous activities in Nigeria and  never willing participants.

Do I blame you? The emotional, sexual, and psychological stereotyping of females begins when the doctor says, "It's a girl."  I think it's about time we voted for presidents with real  breasts and not weenies.  After all, we've been voting for weenies long enough. 

I weep for Nigeria!

[s]"Men are taught to apologize for their weaknesses, women for their strengths".  ~Lois Wyse[/s]
Re: Fake Female Police In Nigeria by TheSly: 8:07pm On Feb 11, 2008

For those that accuse me of prejudice on Naija men, all I ask for is somebody to tell me who kept that country the way it is. If Nigeria is purged of men like patakee,Sly and OYB, redemption will be near. Bloody Bollocks!

hotfucktard!

may woe betide ur bony eczema infested ass for that statement! cheesy u r nothing but a dejected swine. . . .u r a big disgrace to women in general and ur parental lineage tongue look as shes yabbin like a rabbis infested dog. . .as if your poppa aint from naija. . .and r u tired of shaggin them kenyans or better still them ghananian cheesy

i'll be back for ur poverty stricken jobless ass tongue
Re: Fake Female Police In Nigeria by hotfunmi(f): 8:33pm On Feb 11, 2008
hotfucktard!

may woe betide your bony eczema infested ass for that statement!   you're nothing but a dejected swine. . . .you're a big disgrace to women in general and your parental lineage  look as shes yabbin like a rabbis infested dog. . .as if your poppa aint from naija. . .and r u tired of shaggin them kenyans or better still them ghananian 

i'll be back for your poverty stricken jobless ass 

The bollocks are crawling back, this time with acne on their butt. Very soon, their grandmaster OYB will appear with his scabies infested plastic  balls and chant 'oh I'm an engineer'! You guys need to get rid of that bionic brain. Nigerians will be on the verge of boarding the zion train only when they annihilate your likes and destroy your plastic balls in case of artificial insemination. What a dejected generation!
Re: Fake Female Police In Nigeria by debosky(m): 11:24pm On Feb 11, 2008
hotfunmi:

I can see that you men are no more men because it's manly to answer for your crime and very unmasculine to rope innocent women and children into the mess you created. Women are[b] victims of men's heinous activities in Nigeria and never willing participants.[/b]

Do I blame you? The emotional, sexual, and psychological stereotyping of females begins when the doctor says, "It's a girl." I think it's about time we voted for presidents with real breasts and not weenies. After all, we've been voting for weenies long enough.
I weep for Nigeria!

[s]"Men are taught to apologize for their weaknesses, women for their strengths". ~Lois Wyse[/s]

Weep first for yourself and your pitiful mental state.

You can recognise lost causes very easily - they make closed statements and are not open to rational discussion - 'women are never willing participants' oh yes indeed they never are! Your vacuous mental state is clearly revealed now - Men are the sole repository of evil/wrong in Nigeria - No question whatsoever. Q-E-D! wink

The emotional stereotyping? What do you know about men to say what is 'manly' and what isn't? Oh I forgot. . .funmi is the one with all the answers and all the questions - fall in line or face her wrath! cheesy

You are obviously incapable of engaging in rational discourse with anyone who isn't brainwashed or permanently scarred like you are.

I'll leave you to your delusions. . .I had hope for a moment, but your situation is truly lost. sad I hope you get help.
Re: Fake Female Police In Nigeria by Nobody: 12:49am On Feb 12, 2008

@hotfunmi
A 31 year old is not a girl but a woman who has a well developed brain to make decisions for herself. I don't know from what angle you are coming from but you don't sound normal.
Re: Fake Female Police In Nigeria by Nobody: 1:21am On Feb 12, 2008
Do I blame you? The emotional, sexual, and psychological stereotyping of females begins when the doctor says, "It's a girl." I think it's about time we voted for presidents with real breasts and not weenies. After all, we've been voting for weenies long enough.

You accused men of stereotyping, Ok---- Let's see if you don't hide behind that stereotype of females---

Women are victims of men's heinous activities in Nigeria and never willing participants.

From your above quote, you directly relegate women as incapable of making their own decisions and easily susceptible, passive beings which goes with that stereotype of weakness you accuse men of doing. This definitely means that the stereotype is only beneficial when it suits you.
Re: Fake Female Police In Nigeria by 4Play(m): 1:33am On Feb 12, 2008
Underneath Hotfunmi's hyperbole about men's supposed monopoly of criminality,there is some truth-The overwhelming majority of crimes are committed by men.

However,funmi's misandry seems to always lead her to categorical extremes about male conduct.
Re: Fake Female Police In Nigeria by powerofmap(m): 1:35am On Feb 12, 2008
Hot Kilode, Why dat guy dey yab you now? what cooking sha, oyb you don sell pepper b4? men you just serious dey reply hot why na?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

And Just What "if" Jonathan Wins The Election. / Photos Of Ex-governor Uzor Kalu's Cars, Houses & Private Jets / Checkout James Ibori's Swag As He Arrives Venue Of His Thanksgiving Service 2day

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 96
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.