Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,137 members, 7,835,813 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 03:22 PM

2face Vs Dbanj: Who Is The Bigger Star? - Celebrities (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / 2face Vs Dbanj: Who Is The Bigger Star? (33248 Views)

Jim Iyke, Dbanj Who Rocked The Denim On Denim Better? / 2face Vs Davido:Who Rocks The N1million Gold Encrusted Sneakers Better?(pics / 2face Vs Pasuma (in Terms Of English Speaking Who Is The Best) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 2face Vs Dbanj: Who Is The Bigger Star? by mickypounds(m): 12:24am On Dec 01, 2012
*just because say I no finish skl sm ppl dem take me 4 a fool* if 2face had nt used that line in his popular hit,I feel dere won't b any reason for this comparison...we shldn't forget in a hurry that 2face's african queen was used as the soundtrack for PHAT GIRLZ(queen latifah) and that earned him an international recognition.maximum respect to dbanj though.
Re: 2face Vs Dbanj: Who Is The Bigger Star? by kuqii15: 12:26am On Dec 01, 2012
tayuu: Initially it was 2face,but Dbanj overtook him by spreading his tentacles overseas and other part of the world,an evidence is shown on his interraction wit most american stars.so I give it 2 Dbanj..koko master!
broda d'banj is a learner,how many studio albums does he have? 2 face is d only nigerian musician that will release a full album without a club dance and yet d album will sell very well...the guy is a LIVING LEGEND
Re: 2face Vs Dbanj: Who Is The Bigger Star? by mickypounds(m): 12:36am On Dec 01, 2012
So far 2face has 89% of NLers behind hm
Whenever u hear the phrase 'nigerian music' the 1st word that should 2 ur mind is 2face,if not u nd a medical check up precisely a brain test...in NJA 2face is a god.

THREAD CLOSED
Re: 2face Vs Dbanj: Who Is The Bigger Star? by naturalwaves: 1:04am On Dec 01, 2012
I can't believe some of the comments I am seeing here.Why are some people so daft? The Op asked a simple question of who is a bigger star between D'banj and Tuface and some persons are saying trash about lyrics, noise bla bla bla. What has lyrics or type of song got to do with being a star? A star is a star.Sentiments has so much covered some people's reasoning ability. No wonder the IQ of an average Nigeria was put at less than a 60. embarassed embarassed embarassed

Back to topic, Dbanj is more of a Star than Tuface at the moment. Infact, that is unarguable. Comparing D'banj to Tuface with respect to Stardom is like comparing a Seadorff (Ac milan player) to Xavi (the Bercelonia midfielder), one's career is about to wound off and he is struggling to hold it while the other is well above par and a rave of the moment.

There are so much evidences to show that D'banj is the bigger star and has more influence.

1) D'banj, through his music has been able to put a lot of street slangs in the mouth of an average Nigerian. Slangs like FILE (don't touch it), KOKO, NO LONG THING , LABATA etc just to mention a few. This shows that he cuts across more as a star as whatever he says or do becomes common among viewers. Before 2004, Nigerians hardly put on those slim fitted round neck T-shirts, we have not started customising T- shirts also. Dbanj showed all those in his KOKO video when he customised a Pink shirt with a Lagos number plate and customising became an instant thing. He cuts acroos more than Tuface in that regard.

2) There is hardly any musical award that Tuface has won that D'banj has not won and even more. Tuface was the first to win an MTV Base Best African Act in Nigeria, D'banj not only repeated the feat but won it twice as well. Moreover, at the MAMA Awards which is also an MTV awards I.e MTV African Music Awards, he won about 3 awards again in one night including best African Act again (making it 3 times). He won 2 Kora awards in his debut year 2004, best new act and the most promising male Artist in Africa. From that to Hippop awards to NMA to Channel O to MOBO and so on and so forth. He has won everything winnable as far as Africa is concerned. Infact, the total number of collective MTV awards that Dbanj has won is 5. Tuface has only won one.So, how is Tuface a bigger star than him?

3)The average download of all of D'banjs songs online and views alone is more than all the record sales of Tuface Idibia put together. If you are in doubt, just log on to youtube and check. Oliver Twist alone has more than 11 million views on Youtube. None of Tuface's song has up to 3 million views if atall it is even near that. If D'banj is not a bigger star, why is he better in this regard? Why does his song have more followership?

4) Have you ever seen where Dbanj is performing on stage? That is enough to show who the greater star is. The way the Audience reacts at the mention of D'banj's name alone is enough proof. If Tuface is a bigger star, why is the crowd not always cheering as loud as they do for Dbanj? In the days of Micheal Jackson everyone saw what the reaction was always like anytime he steps on stage as he was the biggest star then. This a very glaring example for anyone that is not blind to see.

5)With regards to Endorsements, Dbanj is bigger. Financially, he is a bigger star. He is scandal free and so on.

6) Even if you disregard all the above points, the mere fact that Dbanj signed to G.O.O.D label which is one of the top record labels in the world is enough to show that he is a bigger star between the two.Dbanj rubs shoulders with some of the biggest stars in the world through that signing only. Can you compare a C.Ronaldo signing for a club like Real Madrid which is one of the best and biggest clubs in the world with another player like Suarez signing for Liverpool? and then ask an obvious question of who the bigger star is? That makes the question look stewpid.

D'banj beats Tuface hands down in all ramifications with respect to Stardom. I like Tuface with a passion, maybe when the issue of who has got the better talent arises, you can start comparing them but THERE'S NO basis for comparing who the bigger star is as it is obviously Dbanj without sentiments.

5 Likes

Re: 2face Vs Dbanj: Who Is The Bigger Star? by naijathings(m): 1:13am On Dec 01, 2012
can d'banj ever try to sell his album at a price of 500 naira per copy? he wan die?
2 baba sold his album for 1000 per copy and it was not on any shelf in Alaba. SOLD OUT.

D'banj is still jumping from one boss to another.
2 baba has been a boss even when he was in plantashun boiz.

d' banj is big ohhh but 2 baba is jupiter
Re: 2face Vs Dbanj: Who Is The Bigger Star? by sweetgala(m): 1:48am On Dec 01, 2012
2face is an undervalued talent. He is in all African and promotes Nigerian values . Dbanj is just a stupid boy being pimped, he lacks any in-depth talent that can last a generation.
This is like comparing Kenny g to some hot act at the moment, it's staying power and the quality of your music that qualifies your legacy .
Re: 2face Vs Dbanj: Who Is The Bigger Star? by UD101(m): 2:22am On Dec 01, 2012
D̶̲̥̅̊ε̲̣̣̣̥ legendary 2Baba till 2moro, D̶̲̥̅̊ε̲̣̣̣̥'banj will neva hv an evagreen track like2face's African Queen.
Re: 2face Vs Dbanj: Who Is The Bigger Star? by ritux: 2:56am On Dec 01, 2012
naturalwaves: I can't believe some of the comments I am seeing here.Why are some people so daft? The Op asked a simple question of who is a bigger star between D'banj and Tuface and some persons are saying trash about lyrics, noise bla bla bla. What has lyrics or type of song got to do with being a star? A star is a star.Sentiments has so much covered some people's reasoning ability. No wonder the IQ of an average Nigeria was put at less than a 60. embarassed embarassed embarassed

Back to topic, Dbanj is more of a Star than Tuface at the moment. Infact, that is unarguable. Comparing D'banj to Tuface with respect to Stardom is like comparing a Seadorff (Ac milan player) to Xavi (the Bercelonia midfielder), one's career is about to wound off and he is struggling to hold it while the other is well above par and a rave of the moment.

There are so much evidences to show that D'banj is the bigger star and has more influence.

1) D'banj, through his music has been able to put a lot of street slangs in the mouth of an average Nigerian. Slangs like FILE (don't touch it), KOKO, NO LONG THING , LABATA etc just to mention a few. This shows that he cuts across more as a star as whatever he says or do becomes common among viewers. Before 2004, Nigerians hardly put on those slim fitted round neck T-shirts, we have not started customising T- shirts also. Dbanj showed all those in his KOKO video when he customised a Pink shirt with a Lagos number plate and customising became an instant thing. He cuts acroos more than Tuface in that regard.

2) There is hardly any musical award that Tuface has won that D'banj has not won and even more. Tuface was the first to win an MTV Base Best African Act in Nigeria, D'banj not only repeated the feat but won it twice as well. Moreover, at the MAMA Awards which is also an MTV awards I.e MTV African Music Awards, he won about 3 awards again in one night including best African Act again (making it 3 times). He won 2 Kora awards in his debut year 2004, best new act and the most promising male Artist in Africa. From that to Hippop awards to NMA to Channel O to MOBO and so on and so forth. He has won everything winnable as far as Africa is concerned. Infact, the total number of collective MTV awards that Dbanj has won is 5. Tuface has only won one.So, how is Tuface a bigger star than him?

3)The average download of all of D'banjs songs online and views alone is more than all the record sales of Tuface Idibia put together. If you are in doubt, just log on to youtube and check. Oliver Twist alone has more than 11 million views on Youtube. None of Tuface's song has up to 3 million views if atall it is even near that. If D'banj is not a bigger star, why is he better in this regard? Why does his song have more followership?

4) Have you ever seen where Dbanj is performing on stage? That is enough to show who the greater star is. The way the Audience reacts at the mention of D'banj's name alone is enough proof. If Tuface is a bigger star, why is the crowd not always cheering as loud as they do for Dbanj? In the days of Micheal Jackson everyone saw what the reaction was always like anytime he steps on stage as he was the biggest star then. This a very glaring example for anyone that is not blind to see.

5)With regards to Endorsements, Dbanj is bigger. Financially, he is a bigger star. He is scandal free and so on.

6) Even if you disregard all the above points, the mere fact that Dbanj signed to G.O.O.D label which is one of the top record labels in the world is enough to show that he is a bigger star between the two.Dbanj rubs shoulders with some of the biggest stars in the world through that signing only. Can you compare a C.Ronaldo signing for a club like Real Madrid which is one of the best and biggest clubs in the world with another player like Suarez signing for Liverpool? and then ask an obvious question of who the bigger star is? That makes the question look stewpid.

D'banj beats Tuface hands down in all ramifications with respect to Stardom. I like Tuface with a passion, maybe when the issue of who has got the best talent arises, you can start comparing them but THERE'S NO basis for comparing who the bigger star is as it is obviously Dbanj without sentiments.

God bless you. I was just about saying same in terms of understanding the question. Simple question who is a bigger star? More than 80% of narialanders failed the question. SMH in disbelief

3 Likes

Re: 2face Vs Dbanj: Who Is The Bigger Star? by ritux: 3:00am On Dec 01, 2012
It would have been better if those of you talking about lyrics and all the many bla bla blah say Tuface is a bigger star or Dbanj is a bigger star.

1 Like

Re: 2face Vs Dbanj: Who Is The Bigger Star? by miqos02(m): 3:44am On Dec 01, 2012
tuface
Re: 2face Vs Dbanj: Who Is The Bigger Star? by Holorunloseyi(m): 4:25am On Dec 01, 2012
[color=#006600][/color]2face. All the way
Re: 2face Vs Dbanj: Who Is The Bigger Star? by fittty(m): 5:35am On Dec 01, 2012
phineboy1pimple:

Ur view is a little myopic... I'm sure U ve never been out of this country... Cuz, If U ve U won't b calling these guys local stars... The whole of Africa knows n celebrates them....

*smdh*
Re: 2face Vs Dbanj: Who Is The Bigger Star? by fittty(m): 5:46am On Dec 01, 2012
Zandarazanzan: and dbanj got to number two and number nine in the uk, has aplethora of international stars backing him up, signed to an international label GOOD music, has appeared in an iternational movie cruel summer screened at cannes. E.t.c

uk chart like u said. now answer dis question is that where hiphope originated from?
Re: 2face Vs Dbanj: Who Is The Bigger Star? by papaking1(m): 5:50am On Dec 01, 2012
2baba all d way!
Re: 2face Vs Dbanj: Who Is The Bigger Star? by Nobody: 5:56am On Dec 01, 2012
Nigerians are not being fair. People are blinded by the love they have for 2face to even admit that dbanj is actually the bigger star. Yes 2face paved the way for african acts to flourish but to be honest dbanj has since overtook him. How many white people know anything about 2face oversea? But dbanj is signed to good music and we see him feature with kanye west on good music's latest album. I love 2face but dbanj is presently a bigger star than him.

2 Likes

Re: 2face Vs Dbanj: Who Is The Bigger Star? by YungG(m): 6:08am On Dec 01, 2012
ambrosini593: Let's hear from you

IS not a matter of how many collobs u done wit international ariste or awards,or stage performenac. But is abt being relavance in an industrie that is full of talented and ambitous pple. 2face has been on the game since 94 or 95 n still counting...untill d'bang surpass tat...then..

1 Like

Re: 2face Vs Dbanj: Who Is The Bigger Star? by davades(m): 6:09am On Dec 01, 2012
miss 9ja: ....Thank u for dat, who is Dbanj where Tuface is? Dbanj is a small boi compared to TuBaba.

Bleep ya ass for saying that...Tu face wey be say ordinary Mikel Rubbish for London 4get, if to say na D'banj Mikel see he go bow!!!! D'banj rocks....I respect Tuface tho! Shikena

1 Like

Re: 2face Vs Dbanj: Who Is The Bigger Star? by davades(m): 6:11am On Dec 01, 2012
soccerinfo9ja: Nigerians are not being fair. People are blinded by the love they have for 2face to even admit that dbanj is actually the bigger star. Yes 2face paved the way for african acts to flourish but to be honest dbanj has since overtook him. How many white people know anything about 2face oversea? But dbanj is signed to good music and we see him feature with kanye west on good music's latest album. I love 2face but dbanj is presently a bigger star than him.

Thank Ɣ☺ΰ‎​‎​ bro...most of them doesn't understand †ЂΞ word 'bigger star'

1 Like

Re: 2face Vs Dbanj: Who Is The Bigger Star? by davades(m): 6:26am On Dec 01, 2012
Martmore: Tuface is a singer, an entertainer, a producer, a song writer a role model to so many musicians , a humble guy, any song wey im sing or even feature for dey make sense, im voice dey copyright protected.He is music!

A song writer ? Think over this again. I'm still here....D'banj rocks!!!

1 Like

Re: 2face Vs Dbanj: Who Is The Bigger Star? by davades(m): 6:53am On Dec 01, 2012
fittty:

Haha. Son,You want to get me a visa? **laughs** Well guess what I got a visa before u even knew what a nigerian passport looks like.... And you know wot? I've got a visa for you to head back ur moms p*ssy! U need a new brain! That condom blast did your folks no good. Your brain got a lot of mix with you f*ckn dads spermm!

Atleast u ppl still got VISA....I dnt even have an int'l passport....oya mock me!!!
Re: 2face Vs Dbanj: Who Is The Bigger Star? by Leks(m): 6:55am On Dec 01, 2012
Tuface is a great musician;his demeanor and genre of music would, by default, easily endear him to the hearts of majority;it's more of psychology. Given the aforementioned, I still give it to dbanj all d way.He's got charisma,drive/resilience & have dared move out of his comfort zone. From UK to Naija (an upcoming struggling artist-mobolowo won) and back to UK (an obvious and accomplished star- oliver twist).He's controversial,which is also good for his business. Besides, when will people stop all dese hype about don jazzy making him turn out d way he did. If its dat simple, then dj should have easily replicated another star in d class of dbanj. Simply put,dbanj could still have turned out big with another good producer, yet to date, dbanj is the only reason don jazzy is known....so who made who??

2 Likes

Re: 2face Vs Dbanj: Who Is The Bigger Star? by Nobody: 7:43am On Dec 01, 2012
I don't know much of either.
I am guessing D-Banj...??

1 Like

Re: 2face Vs Dbanj: Who Is The Bigger Star? by Nobody: 7:45am On Dec 01, 2012
I just scrolled up and saw a fight...

guys cut it out. Life is too short. smiley

&FYI: Just because I am going to read it (grin)
it does not mean I will enjoy it..I'm just nosey.
Re: 2face Vs Dbanj: Who Is The Bigger Star? by Nobody: 7:49am On Dec 01, 2012
shegsrules: wen bennie man was at his peak...

Re: 2face Vs Dbanj: Who Is The Bigger Star? by Nobody: 7:57am On Dec 01, 2012
Make i go ask Don Jazzy and M.I

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Richard Mofe Damijo And Adesua Etomi Chill In Zoo, Pictured With Elephant. / Daddy Freeze Shares Receipt For 'Deliverance Fee' Paid To A Church / The Best & Funniest Moments Of Banky W & Adesua Etomi's White Wedding (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.