Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,124 members, 7,818,372 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:49 PM

How To Use Your Blackberry As A Modem To Browse The Internet - Computers (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / How To Use Your Blackberry As A Modem To Browse The Internet (266866 Views)

Google Glass Project: Browse The Web As You Walk Around! / Browse On Your Pc Using Your BlackBerry As A Modem / How Can I Configure My Pc To Browse Using Phone As A Modem (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How To Use Your Blackberry As A Modem To Browse The Internet by Nobody: 1:38pm On Dec 09, 2012
Nice one there, but it aint working on other networks but airtel. I've tried using mtn and glo, all to no avail. Only airtel does work 24/7.
Enjoy it if you av airtel.
Re: How To Use Your Blackberry As A Modem To Browse The Internet by haibe(m): 6:28pm On Dec 09, 2012
Juwonb007: Nice one there, but it aint working on other networks but airtel. I've tried using mtn and glo, all to no avail. Only airtel does work 24/7.
Enjoy it if you av airtel.

Wrong! Works on both Mtn and glo, i av tried it myself but not sure of etisalat.
Re: How To Use Your Blackberry As A Modem To Browse The Internet by olempe(m): 8:40pm On Dec 10, 2012
haibe:

I did post the glo settings and it works without taking your credit..av u tried it and it took ur credit? Olempe was talking about Mtn i guess but i still doubt it takes credit becos av tried it myself and it did not..Just get the bb desktop software disk and follow the settings for glo, it will surely work..thanks.

Na MTN I dey use oooo
Re: How To Use Your Blackberry As A Modem To Browse The Internet by Nobody: 2:51pm On Dec 11, 2012
haibe:

I did post the glo settings and it works without taking your credit..av u tried it and it took ur credit? Olempe was talking about Mtn i guess but i still doubt it takes credit becos av tried it myself and it did not..Just get the bb desktop software disk and follow the settings for glo, it will surely work..thanks.
tried it today and it didn't connect. Kept popping up a message that it could not connect to remote server.
Re: How To Use Your Blackberry As A Modem To Browse The Internet by Kunlegzy(m): 5:24pm On Dec 11, 2012
its only works on airtel
Re: How To Use Your Blackberry As A Modem To Browse The Internet by derrygee(f): 6:43pm On Dec 11, 2012
Don't know y I can't find the desktop manager after I have downloaded it,pls help
Re: How To Use Your Blackberry As A Modem To Browse The Internet by Nobody: 7:04pm On Dec 11, 2012
derrygee: Don't know y I can't find the desktop manager after I have downloaded it,pls help
search for it with the general system search. If you use. Vista or newer, go to start and type the software name, it should appear.
Re: How To Use Your Blackberry As A Modem To Browse The Internet by derrygee(f): 8:19pm On Dec 11, 2012
I still cannot find it on my fone
Re: How To Use Your Blackberry As A Modem To Browse The Internet by Nobody: 8:48pm On Dec 11, 2012
derrygee: I still cannot find it on my fone
if its your phone then it should be in either your phone memory or memory card. Connect it to a computer and look for it from there.
Re: How To Use Your Blackberry As A Modem To Browse The Internet by haibe(m): 11:05pm On Dec 11, 2012
blink182: tried it today and it didn't connect. Kept popping up a message that it could not connect to remote server.

Either bad network or you dint do the right thing.
Re: How To Use Your Blackberry As A Modem To Browse The Internet by haibe(m): 11:07pm On Dec 11, 2012
derrygee: Don't know y I can't find the desktop manager after I have downloaded it,pls help

Its definitely going to be on ur memory card, just take your time to check each folders and subfolders, you can access it with a computer for easy identification..
Re: How To Use Your Blackberry As A Modem To Browse The Internet by Nobody: 8:54am On Dec 12, 2012
haibe:

Either bad network or you dint do the right thing.
the instructions to follow are not much and I'm not a computer newbie. I've setup adhoc connections so many times.
Re: How To Use Your Blackberry As A Modem To Browse The Internet by Zemhen1: 8:06am On Dec 14, 2012
haibe: For the benefit of those who don't know how to use their blackberry as a modem for their laptop to browse the internet, i will post this short tutorial.

First of all, Download the blackberry desktop manager here if you dont have the CD that came with your phone:

http://uk.blackberry.com/software/desktop.html

After installing, Just connect your blackberry to your laptop using a usb
cable, open the bb desktop manager and make sure it has
connected (it will show the picture of your bb device when
connected and "Sync all" at the bottom right).

After it has connected: Click on the "Tools bar" at the top
Left of the bb manager, then click on "mobile internet
settings", then click on the "Add custom" button, A Box will
appear for filling settings.

For Mtn: Account/profile name: MTNWAP
Username:web
Password:web
Access point:web.gprs.mtnnigeria.net
Dont put anything again, just click on ok and save.

For Airtel: Profile name: AIRTEL NG
Username: internet
Password: internet
Access point: internet.ng.airtel.com
Leave the rest blank and click on ok and save

Now go back to click on the tools bar, then click on "start
mobile internet, it will ask you to connect, do so. Or
alternatively click on "mobile internet" at the bottom left of
the software and connect.
Goodluck..you can check your data balance for airtel by
pressing *123*10# to monitor your data usage and make sure your Bis is on..thanks.

Let me know if it helped or if you all have any questions.

Please can anyone help me out , am using ETISALAT line and on clicking the mobile Internet settings .....it says "failed to start mobile Internet, initialization of mobile Internet failed".......does any one have a suggestion
Re: How To Use Your Blackberry As A Modem To Browse The Internet by Zemhen1: 5:05pm On Dec 14, 2012
I am having difficulty access the mobile Internet settings........it's giving an error message "inialization error" can any one help? Please cry
Re: How To Use Your Blackberry As A Modem To Browse The Internet by Nobody: 7:34pm On Dec 14, 2012
Zemhen 1: I am having difficulty access the mobile Internet settings........it's giving an error message "inialization error" can any one help? Please cry
it doesn't work jor, just for airtel.
Re: How To Use Your Blackberry As A Modem To Browse The Internet by dablazor: 7:04am On Dec 15, 2012

Re: How To Use Your Blackberry As A Modem To Browse The Internet by Nobody: 11:22am On Dec 15, 2012
dablazor:
I tried the settings for glo u posted above, but it dint work at all, it connects for 30secs, then disconnects automatically sad
mine didn't connect at all
Re: How To Use Your Blackberry As A Modem To Browse The Internet by donhils: 5:55pm On Dec 19, 2012
Pls make this post clearer. These settings you talked about, do they work with BIS or I have to subscribe to an internet bundle?
Re: How To Use Your Blackberry As A Modem To Browse The Internet by Nobody: 11:41am On Dec 22, 2012
Hello,
»̶-̶̶ †̥ånKs-► for this very update.. I followed the steps as stated, I've been using ♍α̲̅ BB as a Modem since yesterday, it was faster 2rout, faster than my newly bot Glo Bolt Modem. BIS consumption is relatively minimal, although I haven't download with it, but the connection was good enof, I'm on Zain BIS plan, 3G network works well with it, I think I'll enjoy y it last anyway, I just D̶̲̥̅̊ε̲̣̣̣̥γ̲̣̣̥ Pity my BB and its battery sha..
Re: How To Use Your Blackberry As A Modem To Browse The Internet by haibe(m): 1:00pm On Dec 24, 2012
samnazarit: Hello,
»̶-̶̶ †̥ånKs-► for this very update.. I followed the steps as stated, I've been using ♍α̲̅ BB as a Modem since yesterday, it was faster 2rout, faster than my newly bot Glo Bolt Modem. BIS consumption is relatively minimal, although I haven't download with it, but the connection was good enof, I'm on Zain BIS plan, 3G network works well with it, I think I'll enjoy y it last anyway, I just D̶̲̥̅̊ε̲̣̣̣̥γ̲̣̣̥ Pity my BB and its battery sha..

You are welcome and yes the BIS consumption is very minimal except you begin to download large files then it takes the data size in the BIS.
Re: How To Use Your Blackberry As A Modem To Browse The Internet by haibe(m): 1:03pm On Dec 24, 2012
donhils: Pls make this post clearer. These settings you talked about, do they work with BIS or I have to subscribe to an internet bundle?

If you read my post carefully, u wuld av noticed i said "with Bis"

For a network where they charge your call credit, probably you will need to subscribe for an internet bundle.

I use my Bis anyway, i don't subscribe for any other data bundle..just my bis.
Re: How To Use Your Blackberry As A Modem To Browse The Internet by haibe(m): 1:13pm On Dec 24, 2012
dablazor:
I tried the settings for glo u posted above, but it dint work at all, it connects for 30secs, then disconnects automatically sad

Lol..glo works very well on my brother's laptop, check your USB cable, probably its not strong enough to transmit data to your computer..

The only excuse for glo is that they deduct call credits at times but this can be done with by subscribing for a data bundle and it will work surely..
Re: How To Use Your Blackberry As A Modem To Browse The Internet by haibe(m): 1:16pm On Dec 24, 2012
Zemhen 1: I am having difficulty access the mobile Internet settings........it's giving an error message "inialization error" can any one help? Please cry

Sorry i have never tried it foe etisalat but just make sure your data is active and follow the steps carefully to configure it. Plus use the current etisalat manual configuration settings because am not sure if the one i gave in my post is still working, just try getting the current eti manual settings and re-configuring it..thanks.
Re: How To Use Your Blackberry As A Modem To Browse The Internet by haibe(m): 1:24pm On Dec 24, 2012
Rexyl:

There are two settings for glo, one works on the data plan the other shorts the credit

Please can you post the one that doesn't short credit for the benefit of the glo users..
Re: How To Use Your Blackberry As A Modem To Browse The Internet by kodebin(m): 7:57pm On Dec 24, 2012
MTN, GlO and Etisalat can't work on Pc without deducting Yo Cred.. Its only Airtel that works since
Their BIS is open for all whether mobile or pc.. Do a thorough review bro
And give us Feedback..
Re: How To Use Your Blackberry As A Modem To Browse The Internet by jeff1980(m): 8:11pm On Dec 26, 2012
I tried to connect my Bold 5 but didn't connect.A̶̲̥̅♏ usin MTN BIS and I Ħv 3g network in my area.Anythin else I can do to make it work?I follow all d settin
Re: How To Use Your Blackberry As A Modem To Browse The Internet by Chikebrain: 9:43pm On Dec 26, 2012
jeff1980: I tried to connect my Bold 5 but didn't connect.A̶̲̥̅♏ usin MTN BIS and I Ħv 3g network in my area.Anythin else I can do to make it work?I follow all d settin
Bold 5 hardly connects i.e using it as a Modem (its almost impossible, even with the right settings)

kodebin: MTN, GlO and Etisalat can't work on Pc without deducting Yo Cred.. Its only Airtel that works since
Their BIS is open for all whether mobile or pc.. Do a thorough review bro
And give us Feedback..
Airtel 1month Plan comes with 1GB data bandwidth. Thats why you can use it on any device with or withour configuration.
Although, if you wanna use your MTN or GLO BIS to browse unlimited, then you'll need to get a proxy that connects through UDP or ICMP. You could mail me up on chike.louis@yahoo.com if you are interested. Merry Xmas
Thanks
Re: How To Use Your Blackberry As A Modem To Browse The Internet by yuddy1: 11:05am On Jan 04, 2013
haibe: For the benefit of those who don't know how to use their blackberry as a modem for their laptop to browse the internet, i will post this short tutorial.

First of all, Download the blackberry desktop manager here if you dont have the CD that came with your phone:

http://uk.blackberry.com/software/desktop.html

After installing, Just connect your blackberry to your laptop using a usb
cable, open the bb desktop manager and make sure it has
connected (it will show the picture of your bb device when
connected and "Sync all" at the bottom right).

After it has connected: Click on the "Tools bar" at the top
Left of the bb manager, then click on "mobile internet
settings", then click on the "Add custom" button, A Box will
appear for filling settings.

For Mtn: Account/profile name: MTNWAP
Username:web
Password:web
Access point:web.gprs.mtnnigeria.net
Dont put anything again, just click on ok and save.

For Airtel: Profile name: AIRTEL NG
Username: internet
Password: internet
Access point: internet.ng.airtel.com
Leave the rest blank and click on ok and save

Now go back to click on the tools bar, then click on "start
mobile internet, it will ask you to connect, do so. Or
alternatively click on "mobile internet" at the bottom left of
the software and connect.
Goodluck..you can check your data balance for airtel by
pressing *123*10# to monitor your data usage and make sure your Bis is on..thanks.

Let me know if it helped or if you all have any questions.
I tried opening the link for downloading the bb desktop but its been close or something do you have anyother site u can give, thanks.
Re: How To Use Your Blackberry As A Modem To Browse The Internet by haibe(m): 5:30pm On Jan 05, 2013
yuddy1: .
I tried opening the link for downloading the bb desktop but its been close or something do you have anyother site u can give, thanks.

Just search for it in google, you will find an available site that u can download it
Re: How To Use Your Blackberry As A Modem To Browse The Internet by Zemhen1: 9:41am On Jan 06, 2013
blink182: it doesn't work jor, just for airtel.

What a shame! Am a heavy Internet user and of trying to minimize my bandwidth ............ Does any one know a way out? I won't mind the ones that give unlimited weekend plans
Re: How To Use Your Blackberry As A Modem To Browse The Internet by Chikebrain: 12:27pm On Jan 06, 2013
Zemhen 1:

What a shame! Am a heavy Internet user and of trying to minimize my bandwidth ............ Does any one know a way out? I won't mind the ones that give unlimited weekend plans

MTN Bis is unlimited. Get a VPN to use it on PC unlimited wiithout any data cap.
You can mail me up on chike.louis@yahoo.com if you are interested.
Thanks
Re: How To Use Your Blackberry As A Modem To Browse The Internet by MrSinister(m): 8:41pm On Jan 26, 2013
what!!!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Windows 10 Problems And Solutions (official Microsoft Windows 10 links added) / Ubuntu Linux / Inverter Users : Lets Have Your Experience

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.