Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,748 members, 7,824,155 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 12:58 AM

How To Use Your Blackberry As A Modem To Browse The Internet - Computers (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / How To Use Your Blackberry As A Modem To Browse The Internet (266879 Views)

Google Glass Project: Browse The Web As You Walk Around! / Browse On Your Pc Using Your BlackBerry As A Modem / How Can I Configure My Pc To Browse Using Phone As A Modem (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How To Use Your Blackberry As A Modem To Browse The Internet by Nobody: 8:00pm On Jul 13, 2013
WARNING! Your BIS data for d month is at stake +plus ur airtime too! Don't u dare download heavy files or watch videos online wit dis, else u will exhaust ur BIS data for d month within an hour and u will nt be able to re-subscribe until d expiration of d current sub. Be warned! Dis awuf dey run belle well well. Lolz. (Talkin from practical xperience tho!)
Re: How To Use Your Blackberry As A Modem To Browse The Internet by ibelieveu: 8:07pm On Jul 13, 2013
Ok
Re: How To Use Your Blackberry As A Modem To Browse The Internet by olaitan200: 8:58pm On Jul 13, 2013
haibe: For the benefit of those who don't know how to use their blackberry as a modem for their laptop to browse the internet, i will post this short tutorial.

First of all, Download the blackberry desktop manager here if you dont have the CD that came with your phone:

http://uk.blackberry.com/software/desktop.html

After installing, Just connect your blackberry to your laptop using a usb
cable, open the bb desktop manager and make sure it has
connected (it will show the picture of your bb device when
connected and "Sync all" at the bottom right).

After it has connected: Click on the "Tools bar" at the top
Left of the bb manager, then click on "mobile internet
settings", then click on the "Add custom" button, A Box will
appear for filling settings.

For Mtn: Account/profile name: MTNWAP
Username:web
Password:web
Access point:web.gprs.mtnnigeria.net
Dont put anything again, just click on ok and save.

For Airtel: Profile name: AIRTEL NG
Username: internet
Password: internet
Access point: internet.ng.airtel.com
Leave the rest blank and click on ok and save

Now go back to click on the tools bar, then click on "start
mobile internet, it will ask you to connect, do so. Or
alternatively click on "mobile internet" at the bottom left of
the software and connect.
Goodluck..you can check your data balance for airtel by
pressing *123*10# to monitor your data usage and make sure your Bis is on..thanks.

Let me know if it helped or if you all have any questions.

PLEASE HELP ME OUT, EACH TIME I TRY TO CONNECT IT I KEEP GETTING THIS SAME MESSAGE. I'M USING MTN BIS (the code is actually BBC because its the N1000 subscription plan)could that be the problem??

HERE IS THE MESSAGE:

the ppp link control was terminated please check your profile settings and make sure your radio is turned on. this service might also have been turned off by your wireless service provider or administrator

PLEASE HELP

THANKS
Re: How To Use Your Blackberry As A Modem To Browse The Internet by utmeupdate: 9:03pm On Jul 13, 2013
on ur APN use... blackberry.net

that what am using right and is freeking fast
Re: How To Use Your Blackberry As A Modem To Browse The Internet by chiefololade: 9:11pm On Jul 13, 2013
Jenams: WARNING! Your BIS data for d month is at stake +plus ur airtime too! Don't u dare download heavy files or watch videos online wit dis, else u will exhaust ur BIS data for d month within an hour and u will nt be able to re-subscribe until d expiration of d current sub. Be warned! Dis awuf dey run belle well well. Lolz. (Talkin from practical xperience tho!)
U dey read my mind?
Re: How To Use Your Blackberry As A Modem To Browse The Internet by folalag: 9:14pm On Jul 13, 2013
Kudos to you bro!
Re: How To Use Your Blackberry As A Modem To Browse The Internet by piagetskinner(m): 9:40pm On Jul 13, 2013
Ah! Atleast my moderm go rest...this is the kind of research I likegrin grin.. Gud1 bro
Re: How To Use Your Blackberry As A Modem To Browse The Internet by JosephMNJ(m): 9:40pm On Jul 13, 2013
[quote author=blink182]thanks, no one is interested.
grin[quote author=blink182]thanks, no one is interested.
Re: How To Use Your Blackberry As A Modem To Browse The Internet by Chinex911: 9:53pm On Jul 13, 2013
Pls any code for iphone users on airtel
Re: How To Use Your Blackberry As A Modem To Browse The Internet by comsheidu: 10:05pm On Jul 13, 2013
Could not download the link. That my system is not supported i.e window 32. What should i do pls?
Re: How To Use Your Blackberry As A Modem To Browse The Internet by dapotemi: 10:17pm On Jul 13, 2013
Dıs ıs beautıful!Tanx Op
Re: How To Use Your Blackberry As A Modem To Browse The Internet by ejiyke2007(m): 11:15pm On Jul 13, 2013
nice
Re: How To Use Your Blackberry As A Modem To Browse The Internet by Nobody: 11:16pm On Jul 13, 2013
chiefololade:
Just follow all the process by downloading the desktop manager and adding the account of your network provider

You don't understand me.
I have everything, I need APN, username, password, DNS, etc for etisalat. Do you understand?
Re: How To Use Your Blackberry As A Modem To Browse The Internet by chiefololade: 11:50pm On Jul 13, 2013
rhema4u:

You don't understand me.
I have everything, I need APN, username, password, DNS, etc for etisalat. Do you understand?
Account name : Etisalat Internet
APN : etisalat
All the rest should be left blank

1 Like

Re: How To Use Your Blackberry As A Modem To Browse The Internet by abbiey: 2:21am On Jul 14, 2013
olaitan200:

PLEASE HELP ME OUT, EACH TIME I TRY TO CONNECT IT I KEEP GETTING THIS SAME MESSAGE. I'M USING MTN BIS (the code is actually BBC because its the N1000 subscription plan)could that be the problem??

HERE IS THE MESSAGE:

the ppp link control was terminated please check your profile settings and make sure your radio is turned on. this service might also have been turned off by your wireless service provider or administrator

PLEASE HELP

THANKS
[b][/b] please am having the same issue what do i do
Re: How To Use Your Blackberry As A Modem To Browse The Internet by goodtalk(m): 2:33am On Jul 14, 2013
Am using a blackberry touch fone {slide} am unable to download t'he software it keeps terminating after a while!
Re: How To Use Your Blackberry As A Modem To Browse The Internet by Geeluat(m): 2:52am On Jul 14, 2013
House, I'd like to ask if Blackberry Hotspots works in Nigeria and also which of the networks is preferable. what data plan is best for it. Thanks
Re: How To Use Your Blackberry As A Modem To Browse The Internet by mastercee(m): 5:04am On Jul 14, 2013
Airtel works perfect on my laptop... Been using it for the past 1 month or so
Re: How To Use Your Blackberry As A Modem To Browse The Internet by mastercee(m): 5:06am On Jul 14, 2013
Geeluat: House, I'd like to ask if Blackberry Hotspots works in Nigeria and also which of the networks is preferable. what data plan is best for it. Thanks

Hotspots works perfect here in Nigeria. You choose your own desired network at your discretion, base on how strong the network service is in your area.
Re: How To Use Your Blackberry As A Modem To Browse The Internet by mastercee(m): 5:11am On Jul 14, 2013
goodtalk: Am using a blackberry touch fone {slide} am unable to download t'he software it keeps terminating after a while!

Three options for you:

First, Go to a nearest cafe and buy 30 minutes browsing time to quickly download the software to your system. It will donwload completely as long as the Cafe's Network is ok.

Secondly, have anybody that bought their Blackberry device new? Then ask them for the CD that came with it.

Thirdly, If the above 2 methods still doesn't work for you, do an Usain Bolt to computer village or any computer store they sell softwares around you to buy the BB Desktop Manager. It costs just N100.
Re: How To Use Your Blackberry As A Modem To Browse The Internet by hammedkola(m): 6:44am On Jul 14, 2013
Re: How To Use Your Blackberry As A Modem To Browse The Internet by bashydemy(m): 6:58am On Jul 14, 2013
Chei na only people wey dey Nigeria dey enjoy this thing, how about people we dey Benin republic,Togo,Ghana and the rest west African countries?
Re: How To Use Your Blackberry As A Modem To Browse The Internet by chimah3(m): 7:17am On Jul 14, 2013
Please I use GLO...put in all the settings correctly...and it shows 'CONNECTED'. Buh it doesn't open any web page..what should I do pls?
Re: How To Use Your Blackberry As A Modem To Browse The Internet by oluplus(m): 7:18am On Jul 14, 2013
Okay.
Re: How To Use Your Blackberry As A Modem To Browse The Internet by Nobody: 7:34am On Jul 14, 2013
Jenams: WARNING! Your BIS data for d month is at stake +plus ur airtime too! Don't u dare download heavy files or watch videos online wit dis, else u will exhaust ur BIS data for d month within an hour and u will nt be able to re-subscribe until d expiration of d current sub. Be warned! Dis awuf dey run belle well well. Lolz. (Talkin from practical xperience tho!)
You can actually subscribe as many times as you want in a month. All you do is to send the shortcode to deactivate your current bis plan and you can subscribe for another afterwards.
Re: How To Use Your Blackberry As A Modem To Browse The Internet by Jetland(m): 8:02am On Jul 14, 2013
please nairalander, am having problems with this ooo. in fact, i could not connect my blackberry to my pc
Re: How To Use Your Blackberry As A Modem To Browse The Internet by Nobody: 8:02am On Jul 14, 2013
Don Demu:
You can actually subscribe as many times as you want in a month. All you do is to send the shortcode to deactivate your current bis plan and you can subscribe for another afterwards.
there is no fcckin BIS deactivation code for any network in 9ja! Do nt talk base on ur personal intuition.
Re: How To Use Your Blackberry As A Modem To Browse The Internet by otunba5050(m): 8:20am On Jul 14, 2013
Tanx guys,hav been tryin it bt its doesn't work
Re: How To Use Your Blackberry As A Modem To Browse The Internet by akmaldini(m): 8:41am On Jul 14, 2013
I u§є it with mi MTN sim η∂ mi Bis ‎נѕт stop wrkin η∂ I fink MTN ┌r┐┌e┐ stil usin ∂ƐгƐ Bis based on Megabytes.
Re: How To Use Your Blackberry As A Modem To Browse The Internet by Nobody: 9:04am On Jul 14, 2013
Jenams: there is no fcckin BIS deactivation code for any network in 9ja! Do nt talk base on ur personal intuition.
Sharaap niggur... Sending "deactivate" to "440" ends Airtel BIS. BTW Airtel Nigeria.
Re: How To Use Your Blackberry As A Modem To Browse The Internet by Diamondpicture(m): 9:23am On Jul 14, 2013
Thanks

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Windows 10 Problems And Solutions (official Microsoft Windows 10 links added) / Ubuntu Linux / Inverter Users : Lets Have Your Experience

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.