Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,832 members, 7,817,435 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:16 PM

Okorocha Slashes Tuition Fee For Non-imo Students By 50% - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Okorocha Slashes Tuition Fee For Non-imo Students By 50% (17470 Views)

Okorocha Invests Innoson As IMSU Chancellor (pics) / Complaint On Harrasment Of Students By The Dean Of Uniben Faculty Of Law / Essay Competition For Secondary School Students By Uba Foundation Apply Now (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Okorocha Slashes Tuition Fee For Non-imo Students By 50% by tomakint: 2:25pm On Nov 30, 2012
The man is trying, he seems to have this milk of kindness flowing out from him! That's a good one! wink
Re: Okorocha Slashes Tuition Fee For Non-imo Students By 50% by ABAKA72(m): 2:28pm On Nov 30, 2012
Ileke-IdI:
Sorry, not enough reason for Non-Southeasterners to risk getting kidnapped in the Southeast. Make it free.
See this mumu, the move is not directed at you, we don't want your type, while we try to deal with kidnapping headache, we don't want armed robbry and mass ritual killings added to it.
Re: Okorocha Slashes Tuition Fee For Non-imo Students By 50% by ABAKA72(m): 2:32pm On Nov 30, 2012
doctokwus: Anoda populist,poorly thought out move.Where will d funding for offsetting d balance to d institutions come from,or wi he now b owing salaries or cutting subventions?As long as he hasn't elaborated how to improve funding or @worst maintain d present funding,I don't think anyone shd b applauding him
Did he tell you he does not have the finance to back up the policy.

1 Like

Re: Okorocha Slashes Tuition Fee For Non-imo Students By 50% by ABAKA72(m): 2:37pm On Nov 30, 2012
Paxchal: Bad belle, go pay your 500 toll gate fees 1st and also pay for walkin on a sidewalk before u open your gutter. tongue
Lol.. Toll gate fee = N500, sidewalk fee = ?. Btw how much is LASU school fee, Lol.
Re: Okorocha Slashes Tuition Fee For Non-imo Students By 50% by 2rutalk1: 2:43pm On Nov 30, 2012
Ileke-IdI:
Sorry, not enough reason for Non-Southeasterners to risk getting kidnapped in the Southeast. Make it free.

Idiot! As far as it did not come from your demi-god (Fashola), you must open that your dirty mouth and say rubbish. Tribalistic fools.
Re: Okorocha Slashes Tuition Fee For Non-imo Students By 50% by lynton(m): 2:44pm On Nov 30, 2012
♍Ɣ good and able Governor. You are indeed A leader. A shining start from the east. How I wish you are the president of the Federal Republic of Nigeria. God is with you.
Re: Okorocha Slashes Tuition Fee For Non-imo Students By 50% by totorimi: 2:47pm On Nov 30, 2012
At least he is building roads without putting toll gates, he is building schools and giving uniforms. Nigerians should learn to give jungle justice to all this evil governors, ministers, president and politicians and those supporting them that is the only way they will respect themselves and no that Nigeria means business. Carry on Okorocha, I for one will make sure if i come across any idiot criticizing your good work I shall behead such person as a lesson and deterrent to others.

1 Like

Re: Okorocha Slashes Tuition Fee For Non-imo Students By 50% by qwest(m): 2:48pm On Nov 30, 2012
I think it is okay when indigenes of other states that have resided in Imo for particular period (say,5 years) get to send there kids to school tuition free. Allowing everybody to have access to a subsidized education at the state's expense will result in a high demand/enrollment and inability of both the state's treasury nor the institutions infrastructure to handle such explosion in student population.
Re: Okorocha Slashes Tuition Fee For Non-imo Students By 50% by Ndkings1(m): 2:49pm On Nov 30, 2012
What!
This man is a criminal,
which imo state indigenes ar enjoyin free edu?
Go to IMSU nw evrybody, bøt indigine and non-indigenes ar paying skul fees.
They hav evn increase d tuition fee 4 new studnts.
Re: Okorocha Slashes Tuition Fee For Non-imo Students By 50% by mekaboy(m): 2:53pm On Nov 30, 2012
BAD MOVE SIR, WE DONT NEED MORE PEOPLE COMING OUT OD THE UNIVERSITY FOR NOW. THERE ARE NO JOBS, THE UNIVERSITY SHOULD SUSPEND ADMISSION FOR AT LEAST 4YEARS, AND LET THE GOVT WORK ON EMPLOYING THE MILLIONS OF UNEMPLOYED GRADUATES.

ITS RISKY TO HAVE MORE UNEMPLOYED GRADUATES IN THE COUNTRY, CANT YOU SEE THE ARMED ROBBERS THAT OPERATE TODAY ARE NOW MORE INTELLIGENT AND SOPHISTICATED? THAT'S BECAUSE MOST OF THEM ARE GRADUATES.

FOCUS ON EMPLOYMENT PLEASE, NIGERIA IS NOT SUFFERING FROM LACK OF EDUCATION, WE ARE SUFFERING FROM UNEMPLOYMENT. grin grin grin
Re: Okorocha Slashes Tuition Fee For Non-imo Students By 50% by emeka762001(m): 3:03pm On Nov 30, 2012
Rochas the 419. I hail thee.
Re: Okorocha Slashes Tuition Fee For Non-imo Students By 50% by ABAKA72(m): 3:17pm On Nov 30, 2012
Nd kings: What!
This man is a criminal,
which imo state indigenes ar enjoyin free edu?
Go to IMSU nw evrybody, bøt indigine and non-indigenes ar paying skul fees.
They hav evn increase d tuition fee 4 new studnts.
Did you say (SKUL fees). Were this mor0n come from.
Re: Okorocha Slashes Tuition Fee For Non-imo Students By 50% by Abagworo(m): 3:30pm On Nov 30, 2012
I think many people in the SW like ILLEKE-IDI are kind of blind to reality in the East. I bet when they visit Owerri they'd argue its not Nigeria.
Re: Okorocha Slashes Tuition Fee For Non-imo Students By 50% by chrysso83(m): 3:41pm On Nov 30, 2012
Rochas u no go rest until you share our money finish. Please we need capital development, not frivolities that cannot be sustained
Re: Okorocha Slashes Tuition Fee For Non-imo Students By 50% by agwabirihenry: 3:44pm On Nov 30, 2012
i just dey laff all of una for here. see let me tell you guys,come to owerri and see what this guy have done, he has done nothing, he cannot even pay workers, civil servants dying of hunger, kindnapping everywhere, robbing everywhere, each street you enter hotels are greeting you. there is no single company that can employ this graduates when they are out.if you think i am lying come to the state and see for yourself or you can ask the criminal urself or if u want request for my number i will provide it so u can call me and i will take u roun imo state.
Re: Okorocha Slashes Tuition Fee For Non-imo Students By 50% by Nobody: 3:44pm On Nov 30, 2012
I see that I've ruffled some kidnappers' nest.

The truth is bad for business abi? e pele.
Re: Okorocha Slashes Tuition Fee For Non-imo Students By 50% by Odinaka00(m): 3:50pm On Nov 30, 2012
NEROSKY: Good move, wish my ediot sulivan(Governor of Enugu state) adopt dis!

Gini ka agaeme uwa meta ya mma? So all thes good jobs sulivan has been doing in enugu you stil have d guts Ť☺ label him as an "idiot"? Smh
Re: Okorocha Slashes Tuition Fee For Non-imo Students By 50% by Akwusike: 3:50pm On Nov 30, 2012
Well 4 southeast u ar d best
Re: Okorocha Slashes Tuition Fee For Non-imo Students By 50% by aribisala0(m): 4:03pm On Nov 30, 2012
The issue is quality can Imo state attract quality academics.This remains to be seen but I do not expect mass exodus to Owerri any time soon.I believe he has come under pressure from his brethren in the SE but I believe apart from those from the area outsiders will not feel at home in Owerri compared to PH Calabar or Kano. Whether justified or not that is the perception.
Re: Okorocha Slashes Tuition Fee For Non-imo Students By 50% by aribisala0(m): 4:04pm On Nov 30, 2012
agwabirihenry: i just dey laff all of una for here. see let me tell you guys,come to owerri and see what this guy have done, he has done nothing, he cannot even pay workers, civil servants dying of hunger, kindnapping everywhere, robbing everywhere, each street you enter hotels are greeting you. there is no single company that can employ this graduates when they are out.if you think i am lying come to the state and see for yourself or you can ask the criminal urself or if u want request for my number i will provide it so u can call me and i will take u roun imo state.
You wan kidnap person??
Re: Okorocha Slashes Tuition Fee For Non-imo Students By 50% by Nobody: 4:10pm On Nov 30, 2012
aribisala0:
You wan kidnap person??

keresimesi is approaching, plz turn down those kind of invitation.

awon boys no dey smile.
Re: Okorocha Slashes Tuition Fee For Non-imo Students By 50% by aribisala0(m): 4:11pm On Nov 30, 2012
Ileke-IdI:

keresimesi is approaching, plz turn down those kind of invitation.

awon boys no dey smile.
lol
Re: Okorocha Slashes Tuition Fee For Non-imo Students By 50% by Toktee(m): 4:14pm On Nov 30, 2012
doctokwus: Anoda populist,poorly thought out move.Where will d funding for offsetting d balance to d institutions come from,or wi he now b owing salaries or cutting subventions?As long as he hasn't elaborated how to improve funding or @worst maintain d present funding,I don't think anyone shd b applauding him
guy look beyond your nose,thnk like a productive individual
Re: Okorocha Slashes Tuition Fee For Non-imo Students By 50% by ThomasAnongu(m): 4:26pm On Nov 30, 2012
I wish to c ur C.V 4 a minute coz u speak like a disoriented person, I perceived ignorance in ur comments. Govts @ all levels, be it Fed., State or Local, is capable of funding institutions to give free education to her citizens. Besides, it will encourage full involvement of corporate orgs into funding or supporting govt as her corporate social responsibility etc.
Pls I'll get enlightened
Re: Okorocha Slashes Tuition Fee For Non-imo Students By 50% by gentlesmith: 4:36pm On Nov 30, 2012
desertboom: Fake news, how much is the school fee? If he did cut it down to 50%, how much is the new fee? It is either this news is incomplete or they're telling lies.

guy u are very wise.we use to pay 35k bt nw dat idiot has increased it to 80k plus 20k for aceptance
Re: Okorocha Slashes Tuition Fee For Non-imo Students By 50% by mekaboy(m): 4:36pm On Nov 30, 2012
Thomas Anongu:
I wish to c ur C.V 4 a minute coz u speak like a disoriented person, I perceived ignorance in ur comments. Govts @ all levels, be it Fed., State or Local, is capable of funding institutions to give free education to her citizens. Besides, it will encourage full involvement of corporate orgs into funding or supporting govt as her corporate social responsibility etc.
Pls I'll get enlightened
AND WHO TOLD YOU THAT?
Re: Okorocha Slashes Tuition Fee For Non-imo Students By 50% by Reptyle(m): 4:38pm On Nov 30, 2012
Populist actions like this one are good...but has the Governor thought about the sustainability of this wonderful move? Or is he just interested in stirring up sentiments in the minds of the good people of Imo State just enough to guarantee him re-election in 2015?

Even if he gets re-elected and somehow manages to sustain this action throughout his tenure, without a clear strategy and a legally established backing for funding this wonderful project, Rochas might just be going to create issues for the next Governor who might not quite share his populist ideals.
Re: Okorocha Slashes Tuition Fee For Non-imo Students By 50% by Reptyle(m): 4:40pm On Nov 30, 2012
Thomas Anongu:
Pls I'll get enlightened

Wow!!! Talk about living in dreamland...
Re: Okorocha Slashes Tuition Fee For Non-imo Students By 50% by gentlesmith: 4:44pm On Nov 30, 2012
ifysoft:

Bro.. you simply dont know whats up.. As i am typing now he has already issued checks to all indegenes of imo state in IMSU and year one students got checks too.
Acceptance fee is normal.. All schools collect that when you are giving admission.. Stop talking like a bad belle and if you do not like what he is doing move to LASU>>>>>>
guy u are very stupid for tackling him.am a student of imopoly.we use to pay 35k b4 bt nw he has increased it to 80k.slowpoke pls wake up
Re: Okorocha Slashes Tuition Fee For Non-imo Students By 50% by gentlesmith: 5:02pm On Nov 30, 2012
GUYS TO BE HONEST WITH U ALL D MAN NO DEY TRY.AM A STUDENT OF IMO STATE POLYTECHNIC.B4 WE USE TO PAY 35K AS OUR SCHOOL FEES BUT NOW ROCHAS HAS INCREASED IT TO 80K WHILE D NEW ONES PAY 85K.IS DAT JUSTIFIED.PLS LET US NOT BE CARRIED AWAY WITH LIES.THANK U ALL AND MAY GOD BLESS US ALL.
Re: Okorocha Slashes Tuition Fee For Non-imo Students By 50% by tomakint: 5:04pm On Nov 30, 2012
kunletech:

Are u a Humanbeing? Just wana know.
No he is NOT!!!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

PICS:See Why UNILORIN Is Far 'better By Far' / ASUU Rejects FG Negotiation Team, Says Strike Continues / Jamb:Posting Of Candidates To Their School Of Choice

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.