Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,511 members, 7,819,846 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 03:06 AM

MY CANDID Thots....hear What Oprah Winfrey Had To Say About Men - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / MY CANDID Thots....hear What Oprah Winfrey Had To Say About Men (1526 Views)

Parents This Is What Your Children Say About You Outside / Hear What A Mother Told Her Daughter On Her Wedding Day / what does Nigerian law say about children born out of wedlock? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

MY CANDID Thots....hear What Oprah Winfrey Had To Say About Men by ogayor: 8:57am On Nov 30, 2012
I got this note from a friend and it struck a chord in me so i decided to share it with all i hope you learn something from it like i did...Some may have read, if you have, read again, I did and it still struck chords.... to the people who haven't? What the heck, knock yourselves out!
HEAR WHAT OPRAH WINFREY HAD TO SAY ABOUT MEN.

If a man wants you, nothing can keep him away .If he doesn't want you, nothing can make him stay.

Stop making excuses for a man and his behavior. Allow your intuition (or spirit) to save you from heartache.
Stop trying to change yourself for a relationship that's not meant to be. Slower is better.

If a relationship ends because the man was not treating you, as you deserve then heck no, you can't 'be friends'. A friend wouldn't mistreat a friend.

Don't settle. If you feel like he is stringing you along, then he probably is! Don’t stay because you think 'it will get better’. You’ll be mad at yourself a year later for staying when things are not better.
The only person you can control in a relationship is you.

Avoid men who've got a bunch of children by a bunch of different women. He didn't marry them when he got them pregnant, why would he treat you any differently?
Always have your own set of friends separate from his.

Maintain boundaries in how a guy treats you. If something bothers you, speak up.
Never let a man know everything. He will use it against you later.

You cannot change a man's behaviour. Change comes from within.
Don't EVER make him feel he is more important than you are...Even if he has more education or in a better job. Do not make him into a quasi-god. He is a man, nothing more nothing less.

Never let a man define who you are.
Never borrow someone else's man. A man will only treat you the way you ALLOW him to treat you.
All men are NOT dogs. There are still loads of nice ones out there.

You should not be the one doing all the bending...Compromise is two way street.
You need time to heal between relationships...There is nothing cute about baggage...Deal with your issues before pursuing a new relationship!
You should never look for someone to COMPLETE you...A relationship consists of two WHOLE individuals...!
Look for someone complimentary...not supplementary.

Dating is fun...even if he doesn't turn out to be Mr. Right.

Make him miss you sometimes...when a man always knows where you are, and you're always readily available to him - he takes it for granted.
Never move into his mother's house.
Never co-sign for a man.

Don't fully commit to a man who doesn't give you everything that you need.
Keep him in your radar but get to know others. Scared of being alone is what makes a lot of women stay in relationships that are abusive or hurtful! You should know that: You’re the best thing that could ever happen to anyone and if a man mistreats you, he'll miss out on a good thing.

If he was attracted to you in the 1st place, just know that he's not the only one. They’re all watching you, so you have a lot of choices. Make the right one.

Ladies take care of your own hearts!
Share this with other women. You'll make someone smile, another rethink her choices.......................Bleep

By Konye Chelsea Nwabogor.
http://www.thisdaylive.com/articles/my-candid-thots-hear-what-oprah-winfrey-had-to-say-about-men/132047/

2 Likes

Re: MY CANDID Thots....hear What Oprah Winfrey Had To Say About Men by stpat1(m): 9:06am On Nov 30, 2012
All she has said is nothing but the truth. Knowing it is one thing and applying it is another.
When you love someone, you just forget principles.
Re: MY CANDID Thots....hear What Oprah Winfrey Had To Say About Men by klasiknonie(f): 9:21am On Nov 30, 2012
Nice one.......
Re: MY CANDID Thots....hear What Oprah Winfrey Had To Say About Men by Nobody: 9:44am On Nov 30, 2012
Oprah and her unusual crap.
Re: MY CANDID Thots....hear What Oprah Winfrey Had To Say About Men by victorian(f): 1:42pm On Nov 30, 2012
A typical man, that's what u will say.... Unusual crap indeed.... She has placed it, like it's hot on the table... Go Oprah...... kiss

1 Like

Re: MY CANDID Thots....hear What Oprah Winfrey Had To Say About Men by bntY: 8:35pm On Nov 30, 2012
Oprah or not,there are hard facts in there.Take it or live it,life is abt making choices.

1 Like

Re: MY CANDID Thots....hear What Oprah Winfrey Had To Say About Men by Nobody: 9:07pm On Nov 30, 2012
victorian: A typical man, that's what u will say.... Unusual crap indeed.... She has placed it, like it's hot on the table... Go Oprah...... kiss
What the fúck does Oprah know about men and relationships?
Re: MY CANDID Thots....hear What Oprah Winfrey Had To Say About Men by slimyem: 9:09pm On Nov 30, 2012
I do agree with most of the above..but i have a problem with this
Don't fully commit to a man who doesn't
give you everything that you need.
Why would a man giving me EVERYTHING i need be a prerequisite to commiting to him?

1 Like

Re: MY CANDID Thots....hear What Oprah Winfrey Had To Say About Men by Nobody: 7:21am On Dec 01, 2012
Ask her, is she married yet? She just wanna turn a bunch of new generations of young ladies to un-marriage-able women, just like her. Sublimal messages full of arrogance and ways not to respect a man. Did she ever discuss about what women should do, to make a man better? This is errant over-bullsh*t coming from a celebrated moafu*ker whose stup*d "O'Religion", is promoting nonsense amongst the most gullible people. Anyway, I have never been her fan doh
Re: MY CANDID Thots....hear What Oprah Winfrey Had To Say About Men by Nobody: 7:30pm On Dec 01, 2012
solidbroda: Ask her, is she married yet? She just wanna turn a bunch of new generations of young ladies to un-marriage-able women, just like her. Sublimal messages full of arrogance and ways not to respect a man. Did she ever discuss about what women should do, to make a man better? This is errant over-bullsh*t coming from a celebrated moafu*ker whose stup*d "O'Religion", is promoting nonsense amongst the most gullible people. Anyway, I have never been her fan doh
an achievement of a woman is not measured by her marital status,there are a lot of right thinking,highly successful and highly respectable unmarried women world wide,an examp'e is oprah.she managed to make it through despite her poor background and her experience of rape by her supposed uncle.i respect and admire women like her.america knows her worth and dey value what is in her brain that is why she is where she is today,not a morally,mentally and financially bankrupt country like nigeria who looks at a womans marital status as a measure of her success in life,a patriarchical country wit perverts,rapist,criminals and corrupt men makin our laws,anyway i thank god for d millions of girls and young ladies she has been able to impact on and like my mother will say a womans worth is not measured by her marital status but by d many lives she has invested into,oprah falls into that category and thats why shes one of d richest black women today.u can hate her from now till eternity,it will not add or remove from her.if u feel her her words are making ladies unmarriagable,tell me what she said that makes them unmarriagable,o,u rather prefer they stay in abusive marriages till they are beaten to death and disrespected under d stupid believe that he will change,please cut the crap.this is exactly what i have been telling my kid sisters and younger ones but not as indepth as this,infact i need to call them to read this for themselves,we really need a mental reorientation in the way we treat ourselves in this part of d world.tuuuufffiiiaaaaaaa

(1) (Reply)

Disconnecting From Friends Because You Are Now Married / What Would You Do??? Help Needed / Why Do Kids Obey Their Father More Than Mothers?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.