Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,779 members, 7,831,509 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 07:58 PM

Folorunsho Alakija Surpasses Oprah Winfrey As Richest Black Woman In The World! - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Folorunsho Alakija Surpasses Oprah Winfrey As Richest Black Woman In The World! (21860 Views)

I Still Wash My Husband’s Underwears - Folorunsho Alakija / Folorunsho Alakija: Nigeria’s Richest Woman [photos] / Folorunsho Alakija Unseats Oprah As Richest Black Woman. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Folorunsho Alakija Surpasses Oprah Winfrey As Richest Black Woman In The World! by Mckayzee(m): 12:11pm On Dec 05, 2012
O.T.I.S:
richest black woman for paper! if money laundering is allowed, the ibori's, abacha's, ibb's can give you that amount from their wallet.
WHAT!!cheesy :O
Re: Folorunsho Alakija Surpasses Oprah Winfrey As Richest Black Woman In The World! by Ucheosefoh(m): 12:22pm On Dec 05, 2012
calcal: di thin wey Ojukwu die for na free common woman use toto get ham - oyel!
Have u visit ur doctor at yaba left this week to access ur mental state

2 Likes

Re: Folorunsho Alakija Surpasses Oprah Winfrey As Richest Black Woman In The World! by Nobody: 12:30pm On Dec 05, 2012
The analysis in the report is quite persuasive, although I strongly doubt the credibility of the figures bandied therein.

However, the critical question that has yet to be resolved is: who owns FAMFA oil? Is it this woman or her husband? Reports keep mentioning that her husband is the chairman of the company, while she serves as the vice chairman. If this is the case, then why is much, if not all, of the wealth attributed to her rather than to her husband? How come her husband is never mentioned in any list of richest men (even in Lagos), and is virtually unknown? Who owns the greater stake in the company? It's all very hazy.

In any case, this woman is gaining rather astronomical attention in recent times - including the attention of ill-wishers and criminals (kidnappers et al). I hope she has SAS protection - with her level of wealth (and the excessive attention she is drawing to herself) she ought to have a private army of elite bodyguards.
Re: Folorunsho Alakija Surpasses Oprah Winfrey As Richest Black Woman In The World! by Frankiedu(m): 12:36pm On Dec 05, 2012
joshua idibia: Evn if sh gt dorta. Whr u wan c her?
Chai na true oh!Bt hope say she no go dey form too much.Sorry abi dem say she get 4 boys?Na some girls wey their eye go dey on wifi connection but dis one, d code no go easy to encrypt or hack am!
Re: Folorunsho Alakija Surpasses Oprah Winfrey As Richest Black Woman In The World! by Frankiedu(m): 12:43pm On Dec 05, 2012
free2ryhme: is she quoted on forbes list of richest black woman in the world?
Yes dude but was valued at $600 million =94 billion naira.
Re: Folorunsho Alakija Surpasses Oprah Winfrey As Richest Black Woman In The World! by Nobody: 12:51pm On Dec 05, 2012
kabaka1: Kudos to this naija lioness. We hope naija produces more of her kind in d near future

Shattap. Would you rate a beneficiary of an oil block because of closeness to power as being hardworking

When we talk of rich entrepreneurs, we mention Dangote and Oprah Winfrey not a friend of corrupt politicians.

1 Like

Re: Folorunsho Alakija Surpasses Oprah Winfrey As Richest Black Woman In The World! by youngmonie: 12:56pm On Dec 05, 2012
This thing was done by Fobes : http://www.forbes.com/profile/folorunsho-alakija/
and most people often get this analysis wrong, its not like she has that kind of money stashed somewhere, its the value of all her assets including the oil blocks. SIMPLE
Re: Folorunsho Alakija Surpasses Oprah Winfrey As Richest Black Woman In The World! by ideee03(f): 1:18pm On Dec 05, 2012
Table Leg :

Sit down in a cyber cafe there and dream on .... Get your as/s outhere and work hard to amass your own wealth.. If you keep wishing and lamenting, you are joking with penury and abject poverty for life!
lol @ cybercafe.
Re: Folorunsho Alakija Surpasses Oprah Winfrey As Richest Black Woman In The World! by Revolva(m): 1:21pm On Dec 05, 2012
Nigeria the richest people on earth and have the poorest people living in abject poverty with no hope to bridge to the middle class- and all of dem dem get oil well dey chop money wey dem no fit finish -- all these people got this position mostly via man no man , neopotism jor I no count this naija woman money jor-- I still support oprah as long as there is transparency
Re: Folorunsho Alakija Surpasses Oprah Winfrey As Richest Black Woman In The World! by BeraBera(f): 1:29pm On Dec 05, 2012
Akshow: beautiful and mega rich. Abeg she get any daughter wey i fit runs? Marryin into this family na gold mine.....yeah make Una call me gold digger na Una Sabi. If you like go dig stone. Me Na diamond i wan dig
Unfortunately for you gold-digger, she has only 4 sons. Unless you would wait for her 4yr old grand daughter to grow up tongue
Re: Folorunsho Alakija Surpasses Oprah Winfrey As Richest Black Woman In The World! by BeraBera(f): 1:32pm On Dec 05, 2012
Revolva: Nigeria the richest people on earth and have the poorest people living in abject poverty with no hope to bridge to the middle class- and all of dem dem get oil well dey chop money wey dem no fit finish -- all these people got this position mostly via man no man , neopotism jor I no count this naija woman money jor-- I still support oprah as long as there is transparency
I've had the privilege of interacting and working with Mrs. Alakija. She's a member of my church in Lagos -Cathedral Church of Christ Marina. I can assure you that this woman is "philanthropy personified". She has touched countless lives, even people she doesn't know have benefited from her magnanimity.
Re: Folorunsho Alakija Surpasses Oprah Winfrey As Richest Black Woman In The World! by nichovilla: 1:43pm On Dec 05, 2012
Hello House,

Please I need you to help me promote this link by

Clicking on www.facebook.com/ReisenDeluxe and then on I Like.

Thanks so much.
Re: Folorunsho Alakija Surpasses Oprah Winfrey As Richest Black Woman In The World! by oraclefemi(m): 1:44pm On Dec 05, 2012
For her to be noticed is commendable but i hope her source isnt dirty .
Re: Folorunsho Alakija Surpasses Oprah Winfrey As Richest Black Woman In The World! by Nobody: 1:58pm On Dec 05, 2012
Revolva: Nigeria the richest people on earth and have the poorest people living in abject poverty with no hope to bridge to the middle class- and all of dem dem get oil well dey chop money wey dem no fit finish -- all these people got this position mostly via man no man , neopotism jor I no count this naija woman money jor-- I still support oprah as long as there is transparency

It's a sad irony. The legendary sage Confucius had something to say in that regard:
"In a country well governed, poverty is something to be ashamed of. In a country badly governed, wealth is something to be ashamed of".

In other words, it is difficult to justify the possession of such extreme wealth (particularly when acquired illicitly or unjustly) in a country characterised by extreme and widespread poverty.

3 Likes

Re: Folorunsho Alakija Surpasses Oprah Winfrey As Richest Black Woman In The World! by luckgood(m): 2:26pm On Dec 05, 2012
NA MY SISTA BE DAT O grin
Re: Folorunsho Alakija Surpasses Oprah Winfrey As Richest Black Woman In The World! by donem: 2:40pm On Dec 05, 2012
Table Leg :

Sit down in a cyber cafe there and dream on .... Get your as/s outhere and work hard to amass your own wealth.. If you keep wishing and lamenting, you are joking with penury and abject poverty for life!
Table Leg :

Table Leg :

Fact indeed
Re: Folorunsho Alakija Surpasses Oprah Winfrey As Richest Black Woman In The World! by Akshow: 2:48pm On Dec 05, 2012
BeraBera: Unfortunately for you gold-digger, she has only 4 sons. Unless you would wait for her 4yr old grand daughter to grow up tongue
swear say you are not scheming to lay your hands on one of them boys...
Re: Folorunsho Alakija Surpasses Oprah Winfrey As Richest Black Woman In The World! by ZeusI: 3:03pm On Dec 05, 2012
Well, i can rate her the richest human being on earth because everyone or organisation can rate. I sense a Western conspiracy to sell us some illusory concept of overblown wealthy individuals to shield their stealth billonairs who amass Nigerian oil wealth. And, go and make your own money and stop discussing other peoples wealth! 'Great minds discuss ideas, average minds discuss events, while little minds discuss people'. Let little minds who lacks idea continue*exit*
Re: Folorunsho Alakija Surpasses Oprah Winfrey As Richest Black Woman In The World! by treasureboy09(m): 3:31pm On Dec 05, 2012
Leadn:

Lol, that's the thing,,, though I heard she had FOUR grown up male (I didn't hear any female child though)

lo gay is allowed now i wanna marry them ohoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo.
Re: Folorunsho Alakija Surpasses Oprah Winfrey As Richest Black Woman In The World! by sleekdot(m): 3:44pm On Dec 05, 2012
Richest Black man in the World : Nigerian

Richest black woman in the world: Nigerian

1 Like

Re: Folorunsho Alakija Surpasses Oprah Winfrey As Richest Black Woman In The World! by InvertedHammer: 3:58pm On Dec 05, 2012
Akshow: beautiful and mega rich. Abeg she get any daughter wey i fit runs? Marryin into this family na gold mine.....yeah make Una call me goldoil digger na Una Sabi. If you like go dig stone. Me Na diamond i wan dig

YOU MEAN OIL DIGGING? grin grin grin
Re: Folorunsho Alakija Surpasses Oprah Winfrey As Richest Black Woman In The World! by chloride6: 4:30pm On Dec 05, 2012
who the f.uck is ventures-africa
Re: Folorunsho Alakija Surpasses Oprah Winfrey As Richest Black Woman In The World! by chloride6: 4:30pm On Dec 05, 2012
who the f4ck is ventures - africa
Re: Folorunsho Alakija Surpasses Oprah Winfrey As Richest Black Woman In The World! by Teejayphillip(m): 4:30pm On Dec 05, 2012
Nawah ooo... Were d husby com dey? Nah dem saabi...

Dem no fit get my kinda money,cos i really work hard for mine....And i'll alwayz b grateful n thankful 2 God 4 makin me comfortable...

I may nt b on d Forbes list,bur am forever grateful wit my achievement so far
Re: Folorunsho Alakija Surpasses Oprah Winfrey As Richest Black Woman In The World! by Edozie13(m): 4:31pm On Dec 05, 2012
Thought it was richest african woman *thinking*
Re: Folorunsho Alakija Surpasses Oprah Winfrey As Richest Black Woman In The World! by utimatedes(m): 4:42pm On Dec 05, 2012
Omo money there this country ooooo. This oil money is too much.
Re: Folorunsho Alakija Surpasses Oprah Winfrey As Richest Black Woman In The World! by vicholas(m): 4:47pm On Dec 05, 2012
GOD BLESS NIGERIA
Re: Folorunsho Alakija Surpasses Oprah Winfrey As Richest Black Woman In The World! by Nobody: 5:49pm On Dec 05, 2012
embarassedCome to me my mother-in-law,you said after this news hits the stand,the wedding preparations shall start,my people are waiting ooooo!
Re: Folorunsho Alakija Surpasses Oprah Winfrey As Richest Black Woman In The World! by Nobody: 6:31pm On Dec 05, 2012
People are vexing o.

If na Alison Maduwhatever, my ibhoe people no go vex this much. Jealousy!!

This woman is nowhere near 60. . . .so young and fresh shocked shocked shocked

Re: Folorunsho Alakija Surpasses Oprah Winfrey As Richest Black Woman In The World! by defashan: 6:53pm On Dec 05, 2012
...............HAUSA MAN....RICHEST BLACKMAN

...............YORUBA WOMAN...RICHEST BLACK WOMAN

.............Igbo.................?
Re: Folorunsho Alakija Surpasses Oprah Winfrey As Richest Black Woman In The World! by Nobody: 7:38pm On Dec 05, 2012
I PRAY OH
Re: Folorunsho Alakija Surpasses Oprah Winfrey As Richest Black Woman In The World! by Nobody: 7:44pm On Dec 05, 2012
Akshow: beautiful and mega rich. Abeg she get any daughter wey i fit runs? Marryin into this family na gold mine.....yeah make Una call me gold digger na Una Sabi. If you like go dig stone. Me Na diamond i wan dig
Did I hear any girl ask if she has an unmarried son? That's even better grin me I've left that market

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Aba Shoemakers Jittery Over Chinese Shoe Magnete’s Investment In Aba / Top 10 Richest Nigerians. / Naira Drops To 235 Against Dollar

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.