Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,821 members, 7,831,675 topics. Date: Saturday, 18 May 2024 at 12:52 AM

UBA Named 'African Bank Of The Year. - Business (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / UBA Named 'African Bank Of The Year. (8131 Views)

South African Bank Targets Nigerian Market / GTBank Named 2013 African Bank Of The Year. / Lagos-Ibadan Expressway To Be Financed By South African Bank (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: UBA Named 'African Bank Of The Year. by kolexy(m): 2:04am On Dec 01, 2012
Clerverly: Which UBA?

The 1 owned by Messrs Ifeanyi UBAH and Chris UBA
Re: UBA Named 'African Bank Of The Year. by remmyz(m): 2:20am On Dec 01, 2012
sugar 001: :DMy bank........yipeeeeeeeee
you can also take a little time out to visit www.cardandepaymentafricaawards.com. You can nominate your favourite bank, mobile payment company, pos company, online payment company for an award category that they belong.
Re: UBA Named 'African Bank Of The Year. by HRHGambino(m): 3:10am On Dec 01, 2012
The award clearly states "best bank in Africa" and not "best bank in Nigeria". It's okay to say in terms of customer service delivery, UBA might have a gap to cover in Nigeria but also remember Nigeria is just one of the 19 African countries UBA has presence in so I don't understand all this noise about the award not being well deserved or Gtbank deserving it. How many african countries is Gtbank present in? Gtbank wouldn't even make the nominee list for such an award when the likes of ecobank and standard bank who equally have as much presence are there. We need to open our minds and stop thinking of things only in the Nigerian context. Take for instance Standard Chartered, which is one of the small players in the banking sector in Nigeria (for now), does that rule out the fact that it's still one of the top rated banks in terms of everything globally?

UBA still remains the bank of choice when it comes to transacting business all over the african continent.
Re: UBA Named 'African Bank Of The Year. by HRHGambino(m): 3:16am On Dec 01, 2012
Thomas Anongu: Hold it there! UBA or Uba bank don't deserve award if it were based on excellent services, bank policies, quality of staff, etc. But I guess they used it to get money 4m dem. Mugu + Mumu Bank. Check out foolish bank wey get award. 4 wat?

@the pic you posted, what do you find wrong with that scenario? The queue or the banking hall or the customers
Re: UBA Named 'African Bank Of The Year. by sambos994(m): 5:14am On Dec 01, 2012
UBA....Africa's Global Bank
Re: UBA Named 'African Bank Of The Year. by Proxytalk: 7:15am On Dec 01, 2012
CoxyB: What? UBA? Smh

dont worry by the time time you want to transfer money to your brother in Gabon, Ghana or Mozambique, you must be forced to enter any Uba branch. thats why it the bank of choice in Africa.
Re: UBA Named 'African Bank Of The Year. by Efukikata(m): 7:27am On Dec 01, 2012
hardbody:

I am with you on this.

UBA is a cow-boy style Bank. I am not surprised because they can 'get' whatever they want.

GTB is the Bank joor, they are quietly making their mark and making people like me trust banking again. I will even pick Diamond Bank ahead of UBA, Zenith will come a distant third. IMO
Re: UBA Named 'African Bank Of The Year. by Nobody: 7:55am On Dec 01, 2012
UBA fall my hands
Re: UBA Named 'African Bank Of The Year. by mastercee(m): 12:22pm On Dec 01, 2012
:oWhat! Joke of the Year... UBA My foot
Re: UBA Named 'African Bank Of The Year. by onechance(m): 12:46pm On Dec 01, 2012
Are you kidding me,is this not the same UBA I go and stay 4hours just to pay PHCN bill,on what yard stick are they rated
Re: UBA Named 'African Bank Of The Year. by zikclassiq(m): 2:59pm On Dec 01, 2012
ziccoit: Is this the same UBA where I abandoned my account for lack of innovation and poor service delivery? GEJ is certainly the African president of the year by extension. grin grin grin
i left 4 gtb. Civil servant bank
Re: UBA Named 'African Bank Of The Year. by 76Naira(m): 1:31am On Dec 02, 2012
Nigerian banks keep flaunting CVs & ratings, sit atop trillions of Naira but cannot find constructive ways to help boost the private sector.

They mostly look for ultra safe investments & bill you 20+ % for loans and that's if you sail the rigors of the screening process.

Well, they can't impress me. Worked there before, know they will not go the extra mile at home!

Pure crap......
Re: UBA Named 'African Bank Of The Year. by remmyz(m): 5:49am On Dec 02, 2012
Join us as will celebrate
excellence in Africa
ePayment Sector.visit
www.cardandepaymentafricaawards.com . You can nominate your
favourite bank, mobile payment company, pos
company, online payment company for an award
category that they belong.
Re: UBA Named 'African Bank Of The Year. by lastpage: 10:27am On Dec 02, 2012
Demdem: here we go again. anytime u see a Nigerian bank being given an award, one has to watch it, Such bank is about to Die grin grin

This must be the "Joke of the Year"!

UBA is the worst bank in Nigeria, as far as l am concerned

When l got fed up, l withdrew all my money from the bank and left #2,000 there for them to manage! grin

So, they are better than Zenith, GTB, those South African banks? shocked shocked

Maybe the bank is about to collapse sha, make l go withdraw the #2,000 sef! grin grin

Lastpage!
Re: UBA Named 'African Bank Of The Year. by opetiti: 12:26pm On Dec 02, 2012
undecided undecidedAfta dey come last for customers services.dey don cut cost finish even reach deposit slip,stress der staff finish especially der marketers just dy pity dos pple dem no go con find der way reach Africa bank of d year undecided undecided undecided
Re: UBA Named 'African Bank Of The Year. by Nobody: 6:40pm On Jan 20, 2013
ok

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Help! eBay.com And Alibaba.com Which One Is Reliable. / Forex - Are People Really Making Steady Money? / Unity Bank Plc Responds To Various Publications On Milost USD1bn

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.