Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,659 members, 7,955,391 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 02:27 AM

What Other Business Has Okada Ban Affected - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / What Other Business Has Okada Ban Affected (6762 Views)

Okada Ban: Motorcycle Dealers Nationwide To Cast Protest Votes / Has Okada Been "Un-banned" In Lagos? (pictures) / Lagos Threatens Total Okada Ban (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Other Business Has Okada Ban Affected by adesammy1(m): 9:30pm On Nov 30, 2012
the recent okada ban in some states of d federation has not only made d okada riders jobless, but it has also affected some business like people selling okada spare parts and also okada mechanic...pls wat other business do you think the okada ban has affected? Your opinions will b highly appreciated.

3 Likes

Re: What Other Business Has Okada Ban Affected by azpekuliar: 5:45am On Dec 01, 2012
Tax. Don't know if I should dignify it by regarding it as tax, since I cannot say for certain into whose coffers the money goes. But whoever was responsible for issuing those tickets to the riders on a daily basis must really be feeling the pinch now.

6 Likes

Re: What Other Business Has Okada Ban Affected by Revolva(m): 10:46am On Dec 01, 2012
Okada bann has also affected the guys from the underground haha

2 Likes

Re: What Other Business Has Okada Ban Affected by 360command: 10:50am On Dec 01, 2012
It has affected the life hustling of the nigerian people. It has also affected the ozone layer positively.
Re: What Other Business Has Okada Ban Affected by valencia25(m): 10:52am On Dec 01, 2012
Robbery

1 Like

Re: What Other Business Has Okada Ban Affected by moneyhungry(m): 10:53am On Dec 01, 2012
it has affected 'sharp' snatching... I've jobless for a while now.
Re: What Other Business Has Okada Ban Affected by Nobody: 11:00am On Dec 01, 2012
It has affected the handbag snatching cabals,
On serious note, the orthopedic hospitals are not finding it funny, niggers aint breaking legs no more. grin

9 Likes

Re: What Other Business Has Okada Ban Affected by YOUNGKAHUNA: 11:03am On Dec 01, 2012
Vulcanizers Too Aint Finding It Funny Especially Those That Specialize In Motorcycle Tire.
Re: What Other Business Has Okada Ban Affected by Clemzy16(m): 11:04am On Dec 01, 2012
The ban of okada has affected the usage of okada for 'jare' (a bini word meaning show-off) during funerals. Though, not a business but it has also affected our Naija girls; too lazy to trek, always flying-bikes.

1 Like

Re: What Other Business Has Okada Ban Affected by Tonal: 11:04am On Dec 01, 2012
[img][/img]

1 Like

Re: What Other Business Has Okada Ban Affected by whoelse1(m): 11:05am On Dec 01, 2012
It has promoted the business of trekking from Mile12 to Okokomaiko grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: What Other Business Has Okada Ban Affected by Tonal: 11:06am On Dec 01, 2012
Okada ban has done more harm dan gud.it has affected d lyf of pple find themselves using it as job...take a luk at okada man with four children nd wife,such person canot cater 4 d welfare of d family anymore.it wont b able 2 pay house rent,pay school fees of his children..it has also affected d N.U.R.T.W cos of the less money they w b realising nw,d automobile mechanic has also been affected.

2 Likes

Re: What Other Business Has Okada Ban Affected by safarigirl(f): 11:08am On Dec 01, 2012
It has reduced the health hazard of inhaling toxic gas emissions which could lead to all things from asthma to lung cancer. It has also decongested hospitals of accident patients- you could also say then, that hospital business has been affected. Also, those who gave out okada as prizes in promos have now upgraded to keke, which is more expensive. It has saved people from losing their voices due to shouting at one crazed okada rider or the other- hence, tom tom and vicks have lost some customers. In some areas where keke can't reach, people have had to take taxis which are more expensive, hence it has increased the income of taxi drivers daily.

7 Likes

Re: What Other Business Has Okada Ban Affected by Ozovehe65(m): 11:09am On Dec 01, 2012
It has also affect some of those local restaurants (buker), cos most of these restaurant are located in some hidden area where most pple dont reach, dats why dey are been patronize by these bike riders.

1 Like

Re: What Other Business Has Okada Ban Affected by bigx(m): 11:22am On Dec 01, 2012
Kai kai business
Re: What Other Business Has Okada Ban Affected by ujukala: 11:22am On Dec 01, 2012
It created a lot of jobless people. This much I can tell for the obvious reason.

1 Like

Re: What Other Business Has Okada Ban Affected by naptu2: 11:25am On Dec 01, 2012
It has minimally affected Innoson. When I first met him he was in the business of importing and assembling motorcycles for sale.
Re: What Other Business Has Okada Ban Affected by fasbat(m): 11:28am On Dec 01, 2012
I work at d seaport both Apapa Quay and Tin Can, i can tell you it really affect movement through that axis even your car is useless cos of d bottleneck in there.People resort to trekking long distance

1 Like

Re: What Other Business Has Okada Ban Affected by Naijapikin1: 11:41am On Dec 01, 2012
Take it or leave it, okada business is the highest employer of labour in naija 2day. The effects of the ban cut across many areas. Student goin to school, now have to take taxis abi?
Re: What Other Business Has Okada Ban Affected by Polyglot: 11:42am On Dec 01, 2012
the recent okada ban in some states of d federation has saved d rear bumpers of many private cars from being damaged by okada riders....Dele Akande
Re: What Other Business Has Okada Ban Affected by markus1133: 11:48am On Dec 01, 2012
fewer jobs
Re: What Other Business Has Okada Ban Affected by damibravo(m): 12:01pm On Dec 01, 2012
It has affected chelsea fc owner,Abramovich....His club isnt winning!

1 Like

Re: What Other Business Has Okada Ban Affected by obowunmi(m): 12:02pm On Dec 01, 2012
Whoever said it has reduced robbery doesn't live in Lagos. One of my Aunts thought she was sharing the taxi with "regular" people - only for the four of the people in the car to rob her of everything she has. They even took her clothes.

While it has reduced the amount of people in the hospital for Okada related accidents, or reduced air, gas, and noise pollution - if care isn't taken and the jobless not given better options and provided for: there will be some serious unintended consequences.

1 Like

Re: What Other Business Has Okada Ban Affected by Yungchamp(m): 12:09pm On Dec 01, 2012
:PChelsea FC...no win since d okada ban kissChelsea FC...no win since d okada ban

1 Like

Re: What Other Business Has Okada Ban Affected by Olamyyde(m): 12:12pm On Dec 01, 2012
D okada ban has affected the jobless businessmen& women the most
Re: What Other Business Has Okada Ban Affected by overdrive(m): 12:15pm On Dec 01, 2012
Reduced d income of igbobi nurses and doctors
Re: What Other Business Has Okada Ban Affected by nex(m): 12:18pm On Dec 01, 2012
I has reduced the amount of time people can put into work generally because of lateness. I'm a Social Media Marketer, and yesterday, after I left computer Village, due to lack of alternative transportation, I had to trek to Alausa, with stops in between, hoping for a bus. At the end of the night, I got home at 10:25 pm. That's 4 hours 25 minutes wasted on the road. Equivalent to about N21,250 in Social Media earnings.

We must do something about this punishment by elected public servants.

4 Likes

Re: What Other Business Has Okada Ban Affected by eyitayo007(m): 12:22pm On Dec 01, 2012
Robbery

1 Like

Re: What Other Business Has Okada Ban Affected by Okijajuju1(m): 12:24pm On Dec 01, 2012
- dispatch riders for courier companies, fast foods and other companies..
Re: What Other Business Has Okada Ban Affected by Nobody: 12:32pm On Dec 01, 2012
Okada mechanic

1 Like

Re: What Other Business Has Okada Ban Affected by lapaz6410: 12:36pm On Dec 01, 2012
Clemzy16: The ban of okada has affected the usage of okada for 'jare' (a bini word meaning show-off) during funerals. Though, not a business but it has also affected our Naija girls; too lazy to trek, always flying-bikes.

Naija girls will lose weight now.
Re: What Other Business Has Okada Ban Affected by ayoola2002(m): 12:40pm On Dec 01, 2012
damibravo: It has affected chelsea fc owner,Abramovich....His club isnt winning!
Number one fool comment for today. Seun we need dislke button.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Why We Must Support Biafra / Ekeremor PDP Cautions Against Ebebi’s Violation Of Power Sharing Arrangement / Northern Muslims Hail The Killing Of Female Christian Student

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.