Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,031 members, 7,818,046 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:54 AM

What Other Business Has Okada Ban Affected - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / What Other Business Has Okada Ban Affected (6671 Views)

Okada Ban: Motorcycle Dealers Nationwide To Cast Protest Votes / Has Okada Been "Un-banned" In Lagos? (pictures) / Lagos Threatens Total Okada Ban (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Other Business Has Okada Ban Affected by deandavid(m): 12:43pm On Dec 01, 2012
in warri the ban has affected the okada men, my fish farm business, market women dnt come to the pond as mush as they use to, because it is the okada they usually use to carry their fish to the market, the keke cant carry their fish, and cars dnt like coming to the ponds, because the road it nt good. I harvested my fish last week, i couldnt even sell up to half of my produce. Its so discouraging, and i just started, after spending more than 200k to feed
Re: What Other Business Has Okada Ban Affected by obowunmi(m): 12:46pm On Dec 01, 2012
@deandavid: sorry to hear about this. What else do you think can be done about this issue?
Re: What Other Business Has Okada Ban Affected by geez1: 12:51pm On Dec 01, 2012
Well it's affected cabs and buses ...for the better and maybe cobblers too as people walk longer distances and fix their shoes more often.

People will drink more water which means better business for bottled water producers

Robberies on bikes have reduced

All the same, Lagos is a lot better and driving is more peaceful without them

On the downside, obviously the Okada guys and their mechanics have been affected

Also Okada sales will drop meaning Okada merchants will be looking for other businesses

Doctors will have less accident victims to attend to (not quite sure where this falls)
Re: What Other Business Has Okada Ban Affected by achi4u(m): 1:11pm On Dec 01, 2012
We at the auto parts biz are not finding it funny.
Re: What Other Business Has Okada Ban Affected by wanted(m): 1:11pm On Dec 01, 2012
Helmet sellers, motorcycle spare Parts Dealers even d babes with big booby no more hard back to rub them On for free. Hmmm It is a Matter

1 Like

Re: What Other Business Has Okada Ban Affected by wanted(m): 1:14pm On Dec 01, 2012
;DHelmet sellers, motorcycle spare Parts Dealers even d babes with big booby no more hard back to rub them On for free. Hmmm It is a Matter
Re: What Other Business Has Okada Ban Affected by Nobody: 1:17pm On Dec 01, 2012
whoelse?:
It has promoted the business of trekking from Mile12 to Okokomaiko grin grin grin
Guy u wicked die, frm mile12 ke? Ur heart dey ur yars*h!!
Re: What Other Business Has Okada Ban Affected by achi4u(m): 1:17pm On Dec 01, 2012
obowunmi: @deandavid: sorry to hear about this. What else do you think can be done about this issue?
There's nothing he can do, order than for him to either purchase one of those power bike with small container at the back and carrying ur products to their doorstep.

Sorry deandavid,ur not alone in this struggle,I myself deals in okada parts.
Re: What Other Business Has Okada Ban Affected by manny4life(m): 1:40pm On Dec 01, 2012
I don't live in Lagos but heaving heard awful sad stories about this, I think the govt got it all wrong.
Re: What Other Business Has Okada Ban Affected by luvinhubby(m): 1:42pm On Dec 01, 2012
Okija_juju: - dispatch riders for courier companies, fast foods and other companies..
Exactly, can't deliver spare parts to my clients these days.
Re: What Other Business Has Okada Ban Affected by Jarus(m): 1:47pm On Dec 01, 2012
My newspaper vendor hs stopped coming to drop papers for me. No bike to take to my office again, can't shuttle VI as he used to.
Re: What Other Business Has Okada Ban Affected by rotiler: 2:14pm On Dec 01, 2012
fashola is a totally wicked man, absolutely insensitive to the hustle of the youth
Re: What Other Business Has Okada Ban Affected by nwapastor: 2:21pm On Dec 01, 2012
My brother imported a trailer load of helmet just before the ban. He's yet to finish payment to the foreign company that supplied it. Even if he wants to change business how will he get the money n how does he dispose of his goods? The Indian company has started disturbing him for the payment. What do you think he shld do?

1 Like

Re: What Other Business Has Okada Ban Affected by princemol: 2:38pm On Dec 01, 2012
Ts an anti masses / pro elitists policy. I agree to a ban on express way but not on link roads like berger to ogba, agidingbi, toyin street to opebi etc. It was war to get a bus frm ikeja to berger yesternit, too many people few buses. Trekking s good but not ideal for far distances. Fashola jorr o! We all want Mega city buy takam small small America did nt get ther in 1day o!
Re: What Other Business Has Okada Ban Affected by Nobody: 3:20pm On Dec 01, 2012
it has affected my iphone business. I wanted to go from saka tinubu to Ligali Ayorinde (both on d Island) to deliver an iphone to a customer. On a normal (okada working) day, to n fro is btw 200-250 naira.

Now no bike, no bus. My options are my car or a taxi. if i use my car, i will lose my 200 naira parking space and still use like 1K fuel due to Island Hold up.

taxi collected 600 naira to d place n 700 naira back to Saka.

not good at all.
Re: What Other Business Has Okada Ban Affected by david52: 3:22pm On Dec 01, 2012
tumababa: it has affected my iphone business. I wanted to go from saka tinubu to Ligali Ayorinde (both on d Island) to deliver an iphone to a customer. On a normal (okada working) day, to n fro is btw 200-250 naira.

Now no bike, no bus. My options are my car or a taxi. if i use my car, i will lose my 200 naira parking space and still use like 1K fuel due to Island Hold up.

taxi collected 600 naira to d place n 700 naira back to Saka.

not good at all.
sorry
Re: What Other Business Has Okada Ban Affected by iceberg54: 3:49pm On Dec 01, 2012
it has affected the business of quickly attending job interviews during breaktime at work.

2 Likes

Re: What Other Business Has Okada Ban Affected by Nobody: 4:26pm On Dec 01, 2012
iceberg54: it has affected the business of quickly attending job interviews during breaktime at work.
+100
Re: What Other Business Has Okada Ban Affected by Posman(m): 4:31pm On Dec 01, 2012
OKADA BAN HAS AFFECTED CHELSEA FC'S EPL PERFORMANCE, SINCE ITS BAN, CHELSEA HASNT WON A SINGLE MATCH! FASHOLA PLS BRING BACK OKADA FOR ABRAHIMOVIC'S SAKE grin tongue grin cheesy
Re: What Other Business Has Okada Ban Affected by Ponel: 4:40pm On Dec 01, 2012
My brother imported a trailer load of helmet just before the ban. He's yet to finish payment to the foreign company that supplied it. Even if he wants to change business how will he get the money n how does he dispose of his goods? The Indian company has started disturbing him for the payment. What do you think he shld do?

He should look for other states where okadas are still functioning and sell them. Okadas are still working in some states.

1 Like

Re: What Other Business Has Okada Ban Affected by Sogo10: 4:54pm On Dec 01, 2012
Chelsea fc
Re: What Other Business Has Okada Ban Affected by obowunmi(m): 5:14pm On Dec 01, 2012
nwapastor: My brother imported a trailer load of helmet just before the ban. He's yet to finish payment to the foreign company that supplied it. Even if he wants to change business how will he get the money n how does he dispose of his goods? The Indian company has started disturbing him for the payment. What do you think he shld do?

Can he try selling to other African countries? Or as someone said, other states. Although I can see that cash flow as an issue.
Re: What Other Business Has Okada Ban Affected by Nobody: 5:33pm On Dec 01, 2012
Online merchant selling, buying and delivery has been greatly affected. e.g, if you buy stuffs online, these goods are delivered via trusted regular okada men due to the chaotic Lagos traffic and transport problems.
Re: What Other Business Has Okada Ban Affected by damibravo(m): 1:51am On Dec 02, 2012
ayoola2002:
Number one fool comment for today. Seun we need dislke button.
Yawnz...I see blue all over ur comment!
Re: What Other Business Has Okada Ban Affected by nwapastor: 3:21pm On Dec 02, 2012
obowunmi:

Can he try selling to other African countries? Or as someone said, other states. Although I can see that cash flow as an issue.
Okada ban is not the issue as enforcing the law of helmet wearing, which is not seen in most states as it was in Lagos.
Re: What Other Business Has Okada Ban Affected by Polyglot: 4:05pm On Dec 13, 2012
Please advise. What legitimate business can I do with N200K in 3months and make 100% profit?
Re: What Other Business Has Okada Ban Affected by logo77: 4:18pm On Dec 13, 2012
deandavid: in warri the ban has affected the okada men, my fish farm business, market women dnt come to the pond as mush as they use to, because it is the okada they usually use to carry their fish to the market, the keke cant carry their fish, and cars dnt like coming to the ponds, because the road it nt good. I harvested my fish last week, i couldnt even sell up to half of my produce. Its so discouraging, and i just started, after spending more than 200k to feed

Is your pond at Igoroke?....

my suggestion:
If the market women really want to buy and the distance from your pond to the major road is not too far, support them by carrying the fish with wheel barrow or similar hand-pulled truck to the point where a cab will then help carry the fish to the market.....I hope this make some sense.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Responding To Buhari's Declaration That Boko Haram Are Not Muslims. / Politicians Hoarding Money To Buy Votes During 2019 Elections, Says Sowore / Another Nigerian Appointed World Bank VP - Pics

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.